Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Post pics of your DVD collection and HT, Part 13

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-14, 02:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: Post pics of your DVD collection and HT, Part 13

Well this is my collection of figurines and collectibles, I have a glass Detolf with Star Wars stuff and an Aliens section and the Back to the Future car but it's surrounded by boxes and the A/C from the summer is stored next to it. Will eventually do a little clean up

Alright well first of all this is the stuff my girlfriend got me for this Christmas

Will integrate all these new additions eventually when the Christmas tree is out and i get another shelf

So this is my current living room setup :

this is a shelf next to the TV.

Close up of the God of War section

Close up of the Assassin's Creed section and the various stuff section (Star Trek, Spiderman, Dead Space)

Close up of again the Assassin's Creed section and now with the horror section (totally getting a Jason to put in front of that tin for sure!)

Close up of my Transformers and Titanic Bond section

This section has no theme at all except that they're awesome :P (Shaun, Predator, Terminator, Metal Gear Revengeance and an Engineer)

Watchmen, Joker and Walking dead section and close ups of the Joker and Walking dead section

Full view of middle shelf on the wall

Close up of my Superman section and various

Close up of Batman section and various

So yeah, totally a work in progress. Will keep this thread updated when i finally organize everything.... eventually :P
Old 01-07-14, 04:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonno2006
Close up of my Superman section and various
Spoiler:
Very cool supergirl figure.
Old 01-12-14, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

blu rays
Old 01-18-14, 08:39 PM

My DVDs and Blu-rays:

TV Shows:

And my Pirate Themed Home Theater! Construction began in earnest in October 2011, and final details were completed in the Summer of 2013…

My Facebook Page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comman...37900416325087

High Rez images on Zenfolio:

http://hinson.zenfolio.com/p879167051

Slideshow showing the progress and final result of building my own "Pirate Home Theater" in our upstairs bonus room:

http://youtu.be/rKTYWDsqlmI

My audio/video setup consists of a Samsung 67 DLP HDTV, Axiom "Grand Master" series speakers: two M22s, a VP100 center, four QS8 surrounds, a EP175 sub, powered by a Pioneer VSX-1020 receiver, a Sony BDP-BX510 Blu-ray Player, and a Playstation 3.

Last edited by Commander Dan; 04-17-15 at 06:03 AM.
Old 01-18-14, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Never seen anything quite like that, Dan. Great pictures!
Old 01-22-14, 03:51 PM
M&J

Collection Overview

Movies and Series

Music

Old 01-23-14, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Commander Dan
My DVDs and Blu-rays:

TV Shows:

And my Pirate Themed Home Theater! Construction began in earnest in October 2011, and final details were completed in the Summer of 2013…

My Facebook Page:

Slideshow showing the progress and final result of building my own "Pirate Home Theater" in our upstairs bonus room:

My audio/video setup consists of a Samsung 67 DLP HDTV, Axiom "Grand Master" series speakers: two M22s, a VP100 center, four QS8 surrounds, a EP175 sub, powered by a Pioneer VSX-1020 receiver, a Sony BDP-BX510 Blu-ray Player, and a Playstation 3.
Ok. That is all types of badass.
Old 01-26-14, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by atreyurock
The second DVD shelf

What is the lurid pink set next to Godzilla, please? I know I've seen it before...
Old 01-26-14, 07:36 AM
M&J

Great suff, and lovely display. It's a very nice room.
Old 02-05-14, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by atreyurock
Are those bootleg prints?

Edit: I am almost positive they are and you should be ashamed.
Old 04-30-14, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Updated! See new post below.

Last edited by Jory; 05-08-14 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Updated post.
Old 04-30-14, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

My DVDs and Blu-rays:

TV Shows:

My Facebook Page:

Old 05-02-14, 07:50 AM

Cinema Sickness Library/Theater
Formats: 8mm Film, 16mm Film, Beta, Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, CD-ROM, CED, DVD, DVD-R, DIVX, Game Boy Advance Video, HD-DVD, iTunes Digital Copies, Laserdisc, PVD, Super8 Film, UltraViolet Digital Copies, UMD, VCD, VHS, & Video8. + CD Soundtracks & Cinematic Trivia Games.

Old 05-02-14, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

MovieMassacre

Can you explain what I am seeing? It looks like you have shelves of movies on the "slats" above your ceiling. Is that right? And how do you get to them?
Old 05-02-14, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by MScottM
MovieMassacre

Can you explain what I am seeing? It looks like you have shelves of movies on the "slats" above your ceiling. Is that right? And how do you get to them?
Yep I built shelves in the rafters to hold my VHS. And I get to them by standing on a small step stool, reaching up, and grabbing the title I want.
Old 05-02-14, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 75 Likes on 43 Posts

A frickin' pirate ship and a room literally lined with films. Beautiful! I need to step up my game!
Old 05-03-14, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I too shall throw my hat over the wall. Go ahead. Mock me. I care not.

Old 05-08-14, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If anyone possibly cares (I doubt it), I re-photographed my entire collection. The camera on my new iPad Mini Retina is far better than the one on my old iPhone, and the pictures look nicer even after being shrunken down and compressed. I've also had some new Blu-ray and DVD additions since last time.

Please forgive the sometimes odd camera angles, but I was trying to avoid the sunlight glare better than I did last time. I wanted every single title to be visible.

Wide shots:

Spoiler:

The first shelf is DVDs only. The second shelf is mostly Blu-rays, but with some DVDs. I'll add explanations to the following pictures.

I'll start the close-ups with the Blu-ray shelf.

Top shelf:

Spoiler:
First two are the Stanley Kubrick collection (2001, A Clockwork Orange, The Shining) and the 9-film Mel Brooks collection (The Twelve Chairs, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, Silent Movie, High Anxiety, History of the World Part 1, To Be or Not to Be, Spaceballs, Robin Hood: Men in Tights).

The King Kong tin has a regular DVD inside, but it looked cool enough to go on the "good" shelf with the Blu-rays.

The little hardcover Blade Runner book next to the Blu-ray case is a collection of artwork from the movie. It came with the big box set (I threw the box itself in a drawer).

Second shelf:

Spoiler:
Yes, that's House of the Dead on the far right. Don't judge me.

The Mad Max trilogy has a regular Blu-ray case inside, but I thought the tin looked good enough to display.

The little toy Spinner car came with the Blade Runner Blu-ray set.

Third shelf:

Spoiler:
The three main Monty Python films are on the left. You can tell I'm leaving room on these shelves for additions so I don't have to constantly re-arrange.

The Pirates of the Caribbean set is the only release in my entire collection that came from the UK, or any region other than North America for that matter, but it's Region-Free. Some of my Blu-rays, like House of the Dead and the Rambo collection, are Canadian releases with all the text on the covers and discs printed in both English and French. (First Blood: Le Dévastateur!)

The first of the Sherlock Holmes releases in these pictures is the complete 14-film collection starring Basil Rathbone. It's followed by the two films with Robert Downey Jr.

To the far right are the only TV shows I currently have on Blu-ray, Season 3 of Sherlock and the complete Star Trek: The Original Series, although I just recently ordered Season 1 of Sons of Anarchy.

Fourth shelf:

Spoiler:
I like to keep all the Alien and Predator stuff together. After that, it's Blu-ray box sets or individual releases with nice and/or unconventional packaging:

I like to keep my Criterion Collection Blu-rays together, to the right:

Fifth shelf:

Spoiler:
These are DVDs, mostly box sets or individual releases with nice and/or unconventional packaging:

PS3 games, Wii U games, and a couple of radio programs on CD:

And now the regular DVD shelf.

Top of the shelf:

Spoiler:
Big box sets that take up too much damn room:

First shelf:

Spoiler:
It feels a little odd having Army of Darkness and Bride of Re-Animator by themselves, away from Evil Dead 1 & 2 and Re-Animator. Those are on the Blu-ray shelf. I considered mixing DVDs and Blu-rays when the movies were part of the same series, but decided against it.

The glare is killing The American Friend, which is one of my ten or so favorite movies. This movie needs a nice Blu-ray release as soon as possible.

The "Ghost House Underground" movie to the right is called Brotherhood of Blood. I haven't watched it and know nothing about it.

The fifth movie below that's being killed by glare is called The Crucifer of Blood. It's a Sherlock Holmes movie starring Charlton Heston. Really.

For the record, I did not buy Howard the Duck, I just sort of inherited it. I did, however, buy all of the Uwe Boll movies seen on these shelves, which may be better or worse, I don't know.

Second shelf:

Spoiler:
To the right of the Mummy trilogy is the 1968 Night of the Living Dead, the 1978 Dawn of the Dead, and the 1990 Night of the Living Dead. I do not own the 2004 Dawn of the Dead, nor do I ever want to.

Yes, that's a copy of Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li to the left in the above picture. I would explain myself, but I'm not sure I can.

The Errol Flynn collection seen below has The Adventures of Robin Hood, Captain Blood, The Sea Hawk, and The Adventures of Don Juan.

Looking at these pictures after I uploaded them, I saw that I cut Mill Creek's Dark Crimes 50-movie set out of the frame entirely. It's wedged between their Horror Classics and Sci-Fi Classics sets.

Third shelf:

Spoiler:
Here's where the TV show collections start.

The dark one below is Season 1 of Metalocalypse.

Fourth shelf:

Spoiler:

The TV show collections end in the following picture, followed by some miscellaneous stuff (live music, stand-up comedy, pro wrestling) and then some more multi-film collections.

Assorted pirate films and TV shows:

Fifth shelf:

Spoiler:
The original Godzilla, Godzilla Raids Again, and Mothra vs. Godzilla are on the Blu-ray shelf since they have nicer packaging, which is why the shelf with the Japanese monster movies begins with King Kong vs. Godzilla.

After the the Japanese monster movies, it's an assortment of classic Western monsters: Dracula, Frankenstein, etc, from Universal and Hammer and whoever else was making them, starring actors like Bela Lugosi, Boris Karloff, Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing, Vincent Price, etc. Some of these I upgraded to Blu-ray, like Dracula: Prince of Darkness, the films in the Universal Monsters set, and the films in the Vincent Price collection, but most of these DVDs are movies I still don't have on Blu-ray. (A lot of them aren't even available on Blu.)

The "4 Film Draculas" set in the middle has Horror of Dracula, Dracula Has Risen from the Grave, Taste the Blood of Dracula, and Dracula A.D. 1972. The white collection to its right has Horror of Dracula, Dracula Has Risen from the Grave, The Curse of Frankenstein, and Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed.

The white collection to the left of the Bela Lugosi set has House of Wax, The Haunting, Freaks, and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1941).

Here are some assorted movies and TV shows I don't technically own, since they were just sort of left behind by other people. I put them in their own space on a bookshelf:

Spoiler:

I did buy Sucker Punch, but I hated it so much that I didn't want it polluting my other movies, so I threw it over here. I also threw my old Total Recall Blu-ray there after I upgraded to the Special Edition.

And finally, my TV set-up:

Spoiler:

It's a 46-inch Samsung HDTV sitting on an old chest, which has been working out fine.

I don't have it hooked up to a stereo of any kind. I bought a nice Sony sound bar a while back, but I haven't been able to hook it up because the wires are so incredibly thin that they would be chewed up by a certain cat within minutes, and I've been too lazy to wrap the wires in some kind of protection. I'll get around to it.

The little table to the right of the TV has the PS3 and Wii U sitting on it. There's a broadcast TV antenna sitting behind the TV, but I haven't used it in nearly a year.
Old 05-08-14, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Jory
If anyone possibly cares (I doubt it), I re-photographed my entire collection.
I'll stop short of saying I care, but I enjoy looking at collections that are posted here, yours included.

Here are some assorted movies and TV shows I don't technically own, since they were just sort of left behind by other people. I put them in their own space on a bookshelf:
This comment made me chuckle a little bit. Years ago, my wife bought 2 DVDs from the Walmart bargain bin. They were titles that I never would have picked up. For a long time, I had them in a separate spot, as if I thought they would taint my collection.
Old 05-08-14, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by antspawn
I'll take that as a compliment!
Old 05-08-14, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

My DVDs and Blu-rays:

TV Shows:

My Facebook Page:

Okay, you win.
Old 06-14-14, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looking over the pirate room, I see I'm not the only one who uses the King Kong tin to prop up other titles. I recently upgraded to the Blu-ray Digibook, and I liked the DVD tin so much that I took the DVD case out of the tin and put the Blu-ray in it.
Old 07-10-14, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow. I'd forgotten about these threads...
Old 07-13-14, 10:45 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

Updated pics of my Collection (sorry about the glare)...

A to N:

N to Z:

Watched on this:

The room we watch them in (old pics don't show the BD player or the Onkyo receiver we have now):

The following users liked this post:
John Pannozzi (05-22-21)
Old 07-15-14, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Behold! The Drawer of Misfit Slipcovers:

Spoiler:

I almost always take the slipcovers off since I find them ugly and tacky-looking most of the time, especially if they have retail stickers all over them (which is 90% of the time), but I don't want to throw them away entirely so I toss them in this drawer I'm not using for anything else.

I also rephotographed the Blu-ray and DVD collection. I've had a lot of new additions since last time, but I'm no longer taking a bunch of zoom shots so that every title is visible (which isn't necessary now since I've catalogued every title I own online), so I took a lot less pictures this time.

DVD and Blu-ray shelf wide shots:

Spoiler:
The first shelf is DVDs only and the second shelf is Blu-rays only, with the exception of combo packs that have both formats. You can see how I've been stacking shit on both shelves lately; I stack the more I run out of room, because I don't want (nor do I have room for) yet another shelf. The table to the left of the Blu-ray shelf has the PS3 and Wii U sitting on it.

Blu-ray shelf zoom shots:

Spoiler:
The King Kong tin is propping up the Blu-rays that would otherwise fall down because this shelf wasn't meant to hold stuff like this. The tin came from the DVD; when I bought the Blu-ray Digibook, I put the DVD on the other shelf and put the Digibook in the tin.

The toy Spinner car lying in front of the Mad Max Trilogy came with the Blade Runner Blu-ray set, the box of which was thrown in the Drawer of Misfit Slipcovers.

In these first two pictures, it's pretty much movies A to Z, with the exception of the tins and the stacked shit, which gets thrown pretty much anywhere it needs to get thrown.

The top shelf in the pic below has the Alien and Predator stuff on the left, then some misc. box sets and movies with irregular packaging, then after the Star Trek set are eight Criterion Collection Blu-rays, then the Terminator stuff, then the complete Deadwood series, because it seemed as good a place as any to stick it.

The bottom shelf is a mess as far as how stuff is organized. There are a few TV shows on the left (Sons of Anarchy, Granada's Sherlock Holmes, BBC's Sherlock), then some misc. schlock cinema (Scorpion King films, multi-film sets, some Echo Bridge trash), then some random Hammer Horror (Vampire Lovers, Twins of Evil, Hands of the Ripper, Vampire Circus), then some Dracula and Frankenstein films, and finally Godzilla and other Japanese Kaiju (Gamera, Daimajin). Phew.

DVD shelf zoom shots:

Spoiler:
Now there's a junk heap Fred Sanford would be proud of. Putting the little Blade Runner book and postcard from the Blu-ray set on top makes the whole thing look like a big shoe.

First two shelves are movies A to Z, more or less. Toward the very end on the right of each shelf I start stuffing multi-film sets in there, and for some reason I've got a Blu-ray sitting in there as well.

Third shelf starts TV shows A to Z, but again I've started stuffing random crap in there on the right. The fourth shelf ends the TV shows and becomes a disaster after that, with all sorts of misc. stuff: miniseries, stand-up comedy, live music, and more multi-film packs. The only thing stopping me from rearranging it is the fact that it's been this way so long that I now expect everything to be where it is.

Bottom shelf is all monster stuff: Godzilla, Gamera, King Kong, Dracula, Frankenstein, the Mummy, etc, from all the greats: Toho, Universal, Hammer, the BBC, etc.

Video games:

Spoiler:
These PS3 and Wii U games used to sit on the Blu-ray shelf, but since I ran out of room over there, they now sit on this old ghetto shelf with a couple of radio show CDs, being disgracefully bookended by a package of Kleenex.

Other random crap:

Spoiler:
The exile shelf. This is where I put the DVDs and Blu-rays (and a PS3 game) I don't technically own that were left here by others. I own Sucker Punch, unfortunately, but I hated it so much that I cast it out. The Sherlock Holmes disc is a duplicate of one I already own. The Total Recall disc is an older version that I've since upgraded and replaced.

If anyone is so incredibly bored that you want to see every title I've got, click the link in my signature.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.