DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   What kind of a 3D glass should I get to watch Avatar,Coraline,etc (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/570733-what-kind-3d-glass-should-i-get-watch-avatar-coraline-etc.html)

DVD-Lover 03-11-10 10:30 PM

What kind of a 3D glass should I get to watch Avatar,Coraline,etc

Hi. unfortunately I can't put links because I don't have 30 posts. I have a question about 3D glasses. this item is available at amazon :

Pro-Ana (TM) PROFESSIONAL 3D Glasses for Red/Cyan 3D Movies - Technological Breakthrough

and

3D Glasses for 3D Movies - (1 PAIR) [Green & Magenta] - Acrylic Lenses

and

3D Glasses - Red and Blue Anaglyph Glasses (1 Pair)

is there a difference? which one should I get for Coraline? do you know a bundle which have 3D Glasses inside the box of the Coraline DVD?

Thanks

caligulathegod 03-12-10 12:57 AM

Re: What kind of a 3D glass should I get to watch Avatar,Coraline,etc

Coraline had Green/Magenta. I'd be tempted to get 1 of each since it's hard to predict what films will have what system.

Mr. Salty 03-12-10 04:33 AM

Avatar isn't being released in 3D on home video until at least the end of this year, possibly later, so it's impossible to say which type of glasses it will use.

JLyon1515 03-12-10 10:58 AM

I believe that all copies of Coraline come with the green/magenta cardboard glasses. I know at least all Blu-Ray copies do.

And yes, red/cyan glasses are different from green/magenta ones. They won't work correctly. Though if you are watching a movie that requires green/magenta, you can get some of the 3D effect using a pair of red/cyan. You just need to wear them backwards.

jjcool 03-12-10 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by JLyon1515 (Post 10046185)
Though if you are watching a movie that requires green/magenta, you can get some of the 3D effect using a pair of red/cyan. You just need to wear them backwards.

But then, one would look silly.

Gizmo 03-12-10 12:02 PM

Get the ones that come inside the DVD/Blu-ray.

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 03-12-10 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD (Post 10046267)
Get the ones that come inside the DVD/Blu-ray.

I don't know his situation but I prefer to have something a little sturdier. Especially having multiple 3D movies.

JamesDFarrow 03-12-10 01:34 PM

So different movies need different glasses. Will this be the case with 3D TV?Could each (eventually) show or movie need different glasses as well?

I am just thinking ahead. Lets say 3 formats, times 4 people in the house = 12 pairs of glasses. Plus the 4 remote controls I already have. ... Am I going to have to buy a larger coffee table?

James :wave:

GHackmann 03-12-10 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by JamesDFarrow (Post 10046477)
So different movies need different glasses. Will this be the case with 3D TV?Could each (eventually) show or movie need different glasses as well?

No. The new 3D standard that's being built into 3D TVs will let movies send two separate images to your TV (one for each eye). Then the TV itself combines them to work with whatever 3D display technology it uses.

JamesDFarrow 03-12-10 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by GHackmann (Post 10046781)
No. The new 3D standard that's being built into 3D TVs will let movies send two separate images to your TV (one for each eye). Then the TV itself combines them to work with whatever 3D display technology it uses.

Thanks! That's a relief.

snausages 03-12-10 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by JamesDFarrow (Post 10046477)

I am just thinking ahead. Lets say 3 formats, times 4 people in the house = 12 pairs of glasses. Plus the 4 remote controls I already have. ... Am I going to have to buy a larger coffee table?

Here's some info on the glasses for the 3D TVs.

They will not be the same as the current 3D movies and will display differently to the eyes than current 3D technology for movies and theaters.

JamesDFarrow 03-12-10 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by snausages (Post 10047025)
Here's some info on the glasses for the 3D TVs.

They will not be the same as the current 3D movies and will display differently to the eyes than current 3D technology for movies and theaters.

Thanks!

Great info.

snausages 03-12-10 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by JamesDFarrow (Post 10047198)
Thanks!

Great info.

You're welcome! Glad you found it helpful. Did you see the video with the shutter glasses flickering? I thought that was very cool. I am concerned how long before they break down from the constant motion. There were some in the video that they pointed out were not working properly. I'd definitely get some kickass warranty on them LOL

DVD-Lover 03-14-10 07:59 AM

Thank you all. now I'm going to find a dvd at Amazon.com that includes the 3D glass.

Solid Snake 03-16-10 01:13 PM

Just out of curiousity. BUt...theoritically can't I just use the 3D glasses I got (and theoritically given back) from the theaters?

WMAangel 03-16-10 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC (Post 10052597)
Just out of curiousity. BUt...theoritically can't I just use the 3D glasses I got (and theoritically given back) from the theaters?

Short answer: no
Longer answer: they are not the same "format" and use different technologies....(see post #11)

toddly6666 03-16-10 02:21 PM

Does anyone recommend a pair of 3D glasses to look at my other pair of 3D glasses?

Chicken Warrior 03-17-10 09:27 PM

Does anyone know where i can get me some 3d sunglasses? So i can see the sun in 3d?

Okay, serious question; are the glasses used with acer's 'screen coating' 3d tech the same as the reelD cinema ones? And if not, what are they, because i know they're neither flicker-goggles nor red/blue classics..

Def 03-21-10 06:19 AM

i cant wait till 3d vision is more accessible for home viewing