Unwatched Movie Pile: March 10

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-10, 02:00 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
Re: Unwatched Movie Pile: March 10

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
???
I'm as amazed as you. I have always been a Disney animation freak, and love all things Pixar (except the awful Wall-E), but somehow never saw Monsters, Inc or Finding Nemo (all the way through) until now. Loved them both.
I don't know how other people feel but I actually enjoy this checklist and am pulling out stuff I normally wouldn't. Since I'm not sure about my oldest items, I'm just starting with the first bought item from the first time I've kept track.
I know I'll love the checklist if I ever get organized/industrious enough to fill it out. But I barely keep my lists updated for the monthly Challenges as it is. Must become more like my avatar....

Last edited by Trevor; 03-16-10 at 07:25 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-15-10, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know how other people feel but I actually enjoy this checklist and am pulling out stuff I normally wouldn't. Since I'm not sure about my oldest items, I'm just starting with the first bought item from the first time I've kept track.
I really like the idea of the checklist, too bad I haven't been implementing it very well. I thought putting the top 5 oldest unwatched movies would help, and it has a bit, but as much as I expected.

I'm not sure about everyone else, but my DVR is constantly filled (I currently have 304 recordings) and I would love nothing more than to watch 1 DVD per day, but with all the TV shows I record, it's a constant battle. Not to mention the Olympics this year which completely ruined any DVD watching time except the weekends.

Edit: 2,000th post!
Old 03-16-10, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Numes
I'm not sure about everyone else, but my DVR is constantly filled (I currently have 304 recordings) and I would love nothing more than to watch 1 DVD per day, but with all the TV shows I record, it's a constant battle.
Same here. Priority stuff I try to keep up on but other things I just copy to my computer for room and then just stream it later when I get around to it.
Old 03-21-10, 07:25 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Like many of us I imagine, I always plan to explore the special features on my discs but rarely get around to them. I'm going to vow to fully explore the special features on at least one disc per week, fully watching all of the featurettes and commentaries and whatever else.

I'm very list oriented, and currently use these monthly unwatched threads to help keep me honest on my other watching goals (one new DVD per day, three TV seasons per month). I think I'll just add it to those posts, maybe catching up and making it retroactive to January 1.
Old 03-31-10, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Completed the checklist for March.

I don't know if I can pull it off every month since it may be difficult to balance a monthly challenge and doing the checklist at the same time. Definitely a worthwhile addition to these unwatched threads. Forced me to mix it up a bit with what I watched which was enjoyable.
Old 03-31-10, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is worse is all the films I wanna rewatch.
Old 04-01-10, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
Completed the checklist for March.

I don't know if I can pull it off every month since it may be difficult to balance a monthly challenge and doing the checklist at the same time. Definitely a worthwhile addition to these unwatched threads. Forced me to mix it up a bit with what I watched which was enjoyable.
I only missed two, the hardest to get movie and having someone else pick. That's more of me just being lazy than anything else. It was nice to watch some things I know would get put on the back burner for years.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/57...pril-10-a.html