DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   'Wet Hot American Summer' reissue question (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/570011-wet-hot-american-summer-reissue-question.html)

Giles 02-25-10 10:27 PM

'Wet Hot American Summer' reissue question

I noticed that Amazon has a listing for 'Wet Hot American Summer' that is a reissue, with a different cover than the first DVD release that had the film's original one sheet. Question, does the new edition retain the alternate 'fart' track??

tylergfoster 02-25-10 11:04 PM

Re: 'Wet Hot American Summer' reissue question

It's the same disc with a new cover.

Giles 02-26-10 09:00 AM

^ thanks. droid

imagnrywar 06-02-10 12:51 AM

Another question about this reissue - is it supposed to come with a insert/tray card of any sort? Bought a used copy and there's just the DVD inside.

Thanks!

tylergfoster 06-02-10 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by imagnrywar (Post 10189755)
Another question about this reissue - is it supposed to come with a insert/tray card of any sort? Bought a used copy and there's just the DVD inside.

Thanks!

The original release had a booklet, but when they reprint DVDs they never include the booklets, so the answer is both yes and no.

Flicker 06-05-10 04:59 AM

WHY? Ranks as one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen.

obscurelabel 06-05-10 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Flicker (Post 10195355)
WHY? Ranks as one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen.

WHY the threadcrap? This doesn't have anything to do with the OP's question. Also, I think the film is brilliant :)

tylergfoster 06-05-10 09:34 AM

I just realized that the previous bump to this thread is pretty amazing. 2 posts and someone actually bumped an age-old thread to ask their question instead of starting a new one?

NoirFan 06-05-10 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by obscurelabel (Post 10195382)
WHY the threadcrap? This doesn't have anything to do with the OP's question. Also, I think the film is brilliant :)

Ditto! The entire training sequence had me in hysterics the first time I saw it. An endlessly quotable movie.

calhoun07 06-05-10 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by obscurelabel (Post 10195382)

This has to be one of the most underrated comedies in the past decade. I really am surprised this hasn't found a bigger audience, especially with all the talent involved. There is no way this movie could be made today...at least not with the same cast.

tylergfoster 06-05-10 10:26 AM

The van crashing is one of my all-time favorite movie gags. So good.

NoirFan 06-05-10 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by droidguy1119 (Post 10195543)
The van crashing is one of my all-time favorite movie gags. So good.

They were playing "Danny's Song" in Brueggers the other morning, and I started to smile remembering that sequence.

Osiris3657 02-02-12 10:13 PM

I didn't want to start a new thread in Movie Talk so I'll post here...but this is definitely one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Completely unfunny, trying way too hard, lot of lame jokes...felt like a bunch of outtakes edited together. Just awful. Not as awful as Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd (officially my worst movie of all time)

It was cool seeing all the comedic stars of today when they were small time. Other than that it's a waste of time.

TomOpus 02-02-12 10:32 PM

You should've posted in Movie Talk. There might be a thread over there already. This area is for discussion of the DVD, not the movie itself. This is why obsurelable mentioned the threadcrap in post 7.