Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Announced but never seen.

This
Old 01-11-10, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by dvd_luver
1492: Conquest of Paradise was announced by Paramount in 2004 for release on DVD (release date: 11/16/2004 - catalogue #:097363274247). It never was released onto DVD and got cancelled.

Bugsy Malone was announced for release onto DVD (release date: 4/11/2006 - catalogue #097360889840). Just like the title above, cancelled and never released onto DVD.

Both films announced, preorders taken, and just cancelled like that with no explanation or reason given at all.
I've heard Scott wanted to issue a director's cut of 1492. If that's the case, it's likely he's never gotten around to doing it as he's always working on a new movie.

No offense to fans of the film, but it's no "Blade Runner" so that likely places it on a low priority list for him.
Old 01-11-10, 02:34 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
I've heard Scott wanted to issue a director's cut of 1492. If that's the case, it's likely he's never gotten around to doing it as he's always working on a new movie.

No offense to fans of the film, but it's no "Blade Runner" so that likely places it on a low priority list for him.
1492 has been released in Australia, and I actually just saw it at a store the other day. If you have a region free player, you can always import it, shouldn't be too expensive.
Old 01-11-10, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lawrence of Arabia on Blu-Ray. It was featured prominently on the early Blu-Ray ads back when the HD-DVD vs. Blu-Ray war in full swing. As with a lot of the classic catalog titles, it was forgotten when the war was over.
Old 01-11-10, 05:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Boba Fett

Yeah, that rumble was from a few years ago. Scott always seems so busy with his movie projects, and eventhough it's no "Blade Runner", "Someone To Watch Over Me" and "White Squall" have seen DVD releases years ago, still waiting for 1492. I know it's available internationally, but I would prefer a Director approved transfer from Scott and Paramount, which would probably top anything else done elsewhere in the world.
Old 01-11-10, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 443 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by dx23
That was a hoax.

Some titles I remember are a special edition of the Waterboy, a special edition of Cocktail, the Kevin Bacon basketball film The Air Up There, Cocktail Molotov, which was supposed to be released by Criterion, the cult classic Joystick, The Kremlin Letter, Saturday the 14th and The Marvel Superheroes '66 Collection.

I wouldn't call it a hoax as the announcement came directly from Warner....they later said it was a mistake on their part.

The following were annouced by MGM years ago but never came out:

Love Streams
How I Won the War
Old 01-11-10, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts

As far as disc released without announced bonus features, I always go back to the original DVD release of Gone With the Wind. On the back of the case, it even mentions specific special features that are supposed to be found on the disc but aren't there.

I don't remember seeing anyone mention this, but Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown were supposed to come out on Blu-ray months ago. The date just sort of came and went, and I've never heard exactly why both of these films were delayed or a new date for when they will be getting Blu-ray releases.
Old 01-11-10, 01:57 PM

The Killing Fields was supposed to get a special edition DVD. Got it in other regions but never R1.
...and what ever happened with the proposed SE of True Lies??
Old 11-12-10, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was at Wal-Mart today and they had Scrooged with a new cover, one that's pretty close to the one they mocked up for the still MIA "Yule Love It!" Edition, which is here:

The banner is gone, as is the bow at the bottom, and Murray's name and the title are different fonts, but the colors chosen and everything are identical, and it looks about the same size. I ventured $9 on it just to make sure it has the same old disc inside, and sadly, it does.

I still don't understand why this failed to materialize. The extras were all named and listed, which suggests they're all done and just sitting in Paramount's vaults. Hopefully whenever Scrooged arrives on Blu-Ray they'll remember they assembled all of this content.
Old 11-12-10, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Damn I wish Pete & Pete S3 would get a release.

Rituals too.
Old 11-12-10, 03:25 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want the rest of Clarissa, Secret World Of Alex Mack, Salute Your Shorts, and of course, the rest of Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, Gummi Bears, and Gargoyles.
Old 11-12-10, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Old 11-13-10, 10:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ image isn't showing up. What is it?
Old 11-13-10, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition