DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

A Nightmare On Elm Street: Film Favorites

Old 03-26-10, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: A Nightmare On Elm Street: Film Favorites

Is it safe to say that Never Sleep Again won't be coming out in April?

Since we haven't really heard anything else on this, at least not that I know of.
Old 03-26-10, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by The Monkees View Post
Is it safe to say that Never Sleep Again won't be coming out in April?

Since we haven't really heard anything else on this, at least not that I know of.
The facebook page for the movie still says April. It's possible they meant they'd be taking it around to festivals and screening it starting in April, not that it would be on DVD in April.
Old 03-26-10, 11:48 AM

I'm assuming it will probably be out when the remake comes out on DVD
Old 03-27-10, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I know the guys doing the doc; they're on a majorly tight deadline, but the plan is still to have it out at the end of April.
Old 03-27-10, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal View Post
I know the guys doing the doc; they're on a majorly tight deadline, but the plan is still to have it out at the end of April.
That's cool, but I just find it incredibly hard to believe it will be out in a month, if they're not even done yet. I know it's possible, but I think it's doubtful.

I'm hopeful though!
Old 03-28-10, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They're done shooting and they're editing like crazy. It'll be done, and it'll be awesome.
Old 03-28-10, 11:13 PM

They're done shooting and they're editing like crazy. It'll be done, and it'll be awesome.
I hope so!
Old 04-08-10, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Pre-order is up, with a May 4 release date.

http://shop.elmstreetlegacy.com/Neve...3390030224.htm
Old 04-08-10, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by LosingMyMind View Post
Pre-order is up, with a May 4 release date.

http://shop.elmstreetlegacy.com/Neve...3390030224.htm
I'd be disappointed that it says only a "first look" of I Am Nancy is included rather than the full thing like I'd heard, but since the feature presentation is 240 minutes, I can't complain.
Old 04-08-10, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by droidguy1119 View Post
I'd be disappointed that it says only a "first look" of I Am Nancy is included rather than the full thing like I'd heard, but since the feature presentation is 240 minutes, I can't complain.
NEVER SLEEP AGAIN: THE ELM STREET LEGACY will be a multi-hour, multi-disc set that includes the definitive, comprehensive documentary feature, plus hours of bonus materials including extended interviews and much more. In addition, we're working on getting you a sneak peek of the exciting I AM NANCY documentary created by Heather Langenkamp. While we had hoped to include it on our bonus disc, this fascinating project has taken on a thrilling life of its own! We'll be sure to keep you posted on how you can get I AM NANCY when it releases.
Old 04-08-10, 10:55 PM

4 hours?!? Yes! I'm so excited about this!

Will this be available at stores too or just through this site?
Old 04-09-10, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Darth Maher View Post
^ All the Deluxe DVDs through Part VIII are out. They got up to Part 3 on Blu-ray and it stopped altogether. I hope sales of 1-3 weren't so bad that they've just given up.
Paramount is (or was at least) waiting for the sequel to the remake before they start up again. Who knows if this is still the plan or not.
Old 04-09-10, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I had no idea this was coming out. Very cool. I dug the Jason doc last year as well as the Halloween one.
Old 04-09-10, 01:45 AM

Now if only the Psycho documentary would come out!
Old 04-09-10, 04:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

4 hours?!? Yes! I'm so excited about this!

Will this be available at stores too or just through this site?
With all the work that went into it, it would be a shame if it wasn't. My guess is that it will be up for pre-order on amazon within the next week. I went ahead and pre-ordered it from the elmstreetlegacy site. $30 total, including the autographed poster seemed reasonable enough.
Old 04-09-10, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That's a gorgeous cover! Dare I say it's the best artwork I've seen for the franchise. Too bad they're not going Blu, but I'm glad to see this is so packed. I know they worked VERY hard on the entire thing, so fans will be really pleased.
Old 04-09-10, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by LeeVing View Post
I'm still waiting for the footage from the 2 Tape VHS to be including in some release.

I remember buying that 2-tape set from Super Kmart Center back in 1996. Wish I still had it.
Old 04-09-10, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by L Chabert Lover View Post
I remember buying that 2-tape set from Super Kmart Center back in 1996. Wish I still had it.
I still have mine, I'm gonna have to rip the deleted scenes into my computer or something since I don't trust my VCRs anymore, most of them aren't even hooked up anymore.

EDIT: If I knew where it was... I swore in was in a box with all my other horror VHS but it isn't there.

Last edited by The Monkees; 04-09-10 at 10:07 PM.
Old 04-10-10, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

EDIT: If I knew where it was... I swore in was in a box with all my other horror VHS but it isn't there.
Ha. I have the same problem. Maybe some troll is going house to house in the Chicagoland area steeling the 2-tape Nightmare On Elm Street.
Old 04-11-10, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Darth Maher View Post
Ha. I have the same problem. Maybe some troll is going house to house in the Chicagoland area steeling the 2-tape Nightmare On Elm Street.
I hope I didn't sell it. I don't know why I would have but I've done things like that before, where I sell something and completely forgot that I did that.
Old 04-11-10, 04:28 PM

On another note, I decided to pre-order the Elm Street Legacy DVD. I figured why not? I sold some stuff on eBay and preordered it. I want that autographed poster!
Old 04-19-10, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Amazon has the "Never Sleep Again" documentary up for pre-order at $22.49. Not bad, I might pick this up.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
Old 04-19-10, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Is it good? Sounds expensive.
Old 04-19-10, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers View Post
Is it good? Sounds expensive.
It sounds fantastic! A 4 hour documentary about the NOES series. I preordered it from Elm Street Legacy.com and am getting an autographed poster. It was $7.50 more than Amazon, but whatever.

I just hope I get it relatively close to release date
Old 04-19-10, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

For those in the L.A. area, there is this major signing for the documentary at Dark Delicacies:

NEVER SLEEP AGAIN DVD
PLEASE NOTE: We are no longer taking mail orders for this; pre-orders are still available if you will be attending the event. On May 1st at 2 p.m.: The documentary on the Nightmare on Elm Street movies, Never Sleep Again (DVD) signing with guests to be announced. The much anticipated documentary of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies. This is a ticketed event. Pre-order the DVD and a number will be issued for your place in line. NOTE: The guests will only be signing the DVD or the poster not both and they will not be signing any other items. We will be cutting off pre-orders for people not attending on April 22nd. Guest list as of April 10th: Daniel Farrands (Co-director/producer), Andrew Kasch (co-director/editor), Thommy Hutson (writer/producer), Heather Langenkamp (narrator/executive producer, Nancy Thompson in Dream Warriors), Buz Wallick (director of photography), Sean Schafer Hennessy (composer), Michael Granberry (main titles designer), Benni Pierce (editor), Lito Velasco (co-producer), Annette Slomka (line producer/assistant editor), Justin Cruise (sound design), Kim Williams (post production supervisor), Mike Mendez (assistant editor), Don Crandall (key grip), Jenna Busch (makeup artist).

Elm Street films cast and crew: Tuesday Knight (Kristen Parker:The Dream Master), Kelly Jo Minter (Yvonne:The Dream Child), Ira Heiden (Will Stanton: Dream Warriors), Zack Ward (Bobby Davis:Freddy vs. Jason), Ken Sagoes (Kincaid: Dream Warriors), CJ Strawn (Production Designer:The Dream Child), Christopher Young (Composer:Freddy's Revenge), Jacques Haitkin (Cinematographer:Freddy's Revenge), John Skipp (Writer:The Dream Child), Mark Irwin (Cinematographer:New Nightmare), Mark Shostrom (Makeup: Dream Warriors), David J. Schow (Writer:Freddy's Nightares), Roy Wagner (Cinematographer: Dream Warriors), J. Peter Robinson (Composer:New Nightmare), Erika Anderson (Greta Gibson: Dream Child), Renny Harlin (Director - Dream Master), Jennifer Rubin (Dream Warriors), Tobe Sexton (Teenage Freddy in Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare), Kim Myers (Lisa in Nightmare 2), Miko Hughes (Dylan in Wes Craven's New Nightmare), and Leslie Hoffman (Nightmare on Elm Street).

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.