Reload this Page >

Brothers & Sisters - S2 DVD Question

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 11-16-09, 02:37 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, I ordered Brothers and Sisters season 2 used from eBay, and it recently arrived, and it looked a little fishy to me. For one thing, the image quality on the slip case cover and the inside packaging all seem slightly blurry, and not to the quality as other ABC TV show DVDs have. Also, instead of spreading the DVDs throughout the case as you open it, like in other TV DVDs, this one has hard plastic sleeves. Not sure how to properly describe it, and I can't post pictures right now since i'm at work and the DVD's at home. But I was hoping if someone could tell me if my copy is authentic or potentially bootleg? Maybe post a picture of your copy?
Because if mine is fake, I'm totally going to take advantage of the 18.99 Target sale!

Last edited by CJEscandell; 11-16-09 at 02:40 PM.
Old 11-16-09, 07:19 PM
Cool New Member

Re: Brothers & Sisters - S2 DVD Question

Never mind, I think I may have answered my own question. It's not bootleg. It's Canadian. Unless it's a Canadian bootleg, then that's a whole nother problem.
Old 11-18-09, 08:18 AM

Hi. It does sound like it may be a bootleg. I was given Boston Legal Series 4 for Xmas last year (bought off ebay) and whilst it states Region 1 on the cover, the packaging is totally unlike the other box sets in the series (again all Region 1) and the print on the slipcase and the disc labels themselves are of a very poor quality. The card slip case itself is quite different to other box sets I have.
I know its not a definite yes or no to your question but it sounds like it may have come from the same source as mine.

All the best.
Old 11-19-09, 11:15 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by spin1984
Hi. It does sound like it may be a bootleg. I was given Boston Legal Series 4 for Xmas last year (bought off ebay) and whilst it states Region 1 on the cover, the packaging is totally unlike the other box sets in the series (again all Region 1) and the print on the slipcase and the disc labels themselves are of a very poor quality. The card slip case itself is quite different to other box sets I have.
I know its not a definite yes or no to your question but it sounds like it may have come from the same source as mine.

All the best.
Hi Spin-

thanks for your reply. Actually, it WAS a bootleg, all though the seller claims that she bought it at a Walmart. I think maybe she bought it out of somebody's trunk in the parking lot of a Walmart. There was just something off about it. So I went ahead and bought myself a real copy.