Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

G.I. Joe: Resolute---November 3rd

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 10-06-09, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

G.I. JOE is a highly trained, classified special operations unit composed of men and women from around the globe. Officially, these warriors don't even exist. Few know the truth: that G.I. JOE fights a secret war, as the first and last line of defense against forces that seek to plunge our world into chaos. Wherever there's trouble, G.I. JOE is there. In G.I. JOE: RESOLUTE, the raging battle between G.I. JOE and COBRA has never been more intense. Every life is at stake...and even the good guys can die. All games end today. NOW YOU KNOW...AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE!

This past Friday we had the heads-up that the 2009 [adult swim] animated series G.I. Joe: Resolute would be coming to DVD on November 3rd, per advance listings (now both offering discounted pre-orders) at Amazon.com (USA branch; $19.99 SRP) and Amazon.ca (Canadian branch; CA$22.99 SRP).

Today Hasbro and distributor Paramount Home Entertainment confirmed this info, verifying the release date and offering new details about the content. This single-disc release has all 11 installments, which were just 5 minutes each plus a double-length finale (it was originally designed for web delivery, before being picked up for episodic broadcast). All 60 minutes are included on this DVD, plus "exclusive missing footage" according to information the studio provided to retailers today. Video is listed as full screen.

Additional information was found and posted by Brenden Fletcher at The Blu-ray Blog, who begins by lamenting that this release will NOT be available in the Blu-ray format. Brenden's obviously a fan of the production, and liked it better than the theatrical film (which comes to home video on the same release day). He passes on that the audio for G.I. Joe: Resolute will be in Dolby Digital English 5.1, and that bonus material will consist of a "Now You know" Teaser Promo, Interviews with the Filmmakers, Storyboards, and the "JOE Files". Brenden tells us this info came from a press release, which somehow missed coming to our in-box, we suppose.

But we DO have a look at what might possibly be the cover art for this release. It's an early, small (and fuzzy) peek at what may only be some temp art that the studio put in the retailer info, or it could possibly be the front of the actual box. Keep in mind that this may NOT be it, and that even if it is, there could still be changes. But we're going to go ahead and share it with all of our excited readers nonetheless:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/GI-...nnounced/12764

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/plAojf-KVog&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/plAojf-KVog&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by stinkeye; 10-06-09 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-06-09, 03:32 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: G.I. Joe: Resolute---November 3rd

cool.
Old 10-07-09, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This can't be sold as Full Screen - that's gotta be a mistake.
Old 10-07-09, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This would look slick on Blu Ray but I'll get this on DVD if that's all they offer. Yes, full screen has to be a mistake unless 1.78:1 movies are considered the new full screen.
Old 10-07-09, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Perhaps it is letterboxed non-anamorphic widescreen?
Old 10-07-09, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by WMAangel View Post
Perhaps it is letterboxed non-anamorphic widescreen?
Dear god, why! Well, that would be better than full screen at least...Here's a photo of the official dvd: http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...-resolute.html
Old 10-26-09, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got my G.I. JOE RESOLUTE DVD today. The quality is awesome!!

Anamorphic video! Dolby Digital 5.1 English, and English, French, Spanish subtitles.

Extras are the Now you Know Teaser Promo, Interview with filmmakers, Storyboards, Joe files, and trailers...

The DVD also has a sticker stating "MISSING FOOTAGE!" (make sure to keep on watching after the end credits!)

Please buy the dvd because it seems that the filmmakers hinted at doing a Resolute tv series if the DVD sells well. The Interview with the filmmakers extra is awesome. They answer all the questions fans have and they care about the G.I. Joe fans, unlike Stephen Sommers. This movie is 100 times better than the live action flick...

Last edited by toddly6666; 10-26-09 at 11:53 PM.