Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like The 5th Annual Holiday Movie Challenge (11/23-1/1)

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like The 5th Annual Holiday Movie Challenge (11/23-1/1)

Old 01-04-10, 02:54 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 683 Likes on 458 Posts
Re: It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like The 5th Annual Holiday Movie Challenge (11/23-1

Originally Posted by The Monkees
Actually maybe I'll make a rule where you can watch 1 movie for each actor who died during 2009 in the Academy Award Challenge, that way we can tie in the tribute challenge into the Academy Award Challenge.
I like that. But remember that hundreds of actors die each year, so you'll have the tough task of knowing where to draw the line. Actually, no, I guess any death deserves to be honored, even if they aren't 'famous' enough to be included in our list or in the Academy's 'In memorium" segement. If someone is willing to watch a film to honor a character actor's passing, it should count, right?
Old 01-04-10, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like The 5th Annual Holiday Movie Challenge (11/23-1

Originally Posted by Trevor
I like that. But remember that hundreds of actors die each year, so you'll have the tough task of knowing where to draw the line. Actually, no, I guess any death deserves to be honored, even if they aren't 'famous' enough to be included in our list or in the Academy's 'In memorium" segement. If someone is willing to watch a film to honor a character actor's passing, it should count, right?
I was thinking that too. I might draw the line like wild cards, only allow maybe 6-10 titles like that. I think I will do it, more details will come as I start the thread for the challenge. It will be a bit later this year since they pushed the Academy Awards back into March this year. So the challenge won't officially begin until the beginning of February.