Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-09, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Originally Posted by DerangedHermit
WWE Shop has some hella good deals (WCW DVD, Greatest Stars of the 90s, Macho Man and a few others are $9.99) and use SHIPIT to get free shipping on orders $25+.

http://www.wweshop.com/Category/DoorBusters
Also a good deal on the SummerSlam Vol 1 and 2, however the page cant be found on either. Anyone else having this problem?
Old 11-27-09, 09:58 AM

I'm torn between ordering the last 4 ROH SHows, BFGV, and the 4 SOTR Raven DVDs for $60 before ship OR Survivor Series Vols 1 & 2 for 60 before tax (Free ship). Both will come out to about the same but I can only get either or. Suggestions? Opinions?

It's hard for me to believe how many dvds are missing from you guys' collections! Am I the only shmuck who buys when they first come out, or what?

Last edited by Aces_High; 11-27-09 at 10:00 AM.
Old 11-27-09, 11:29 AM

If you really can't pick one over the other get whichever would be the most were they not on sale. That way you're saving the most money.
Old 11-27-09, 01:12 PM

Bound For Glory was really good and I've watched all the SOTR with Raven and they are pretty funny. He does repeat himself a few times and in one volume he shows a naked photo of himself passed out on top of a girl. For 2.50 each, you can't go wrong on the SOTR. The GBH night of the Final Countdown tour is said to be epic.
Old 11-27-09, 02:37 PM
Cool New Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just tried to buy the World Championship set at futureshop here in Canada but they stopped me at the cash and told me the on sale date was Dec 1st - they had 2 or 3 out on the shelves
Old 11-27-09, 03:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just so you know, some Wal-Marts are selling the Jeff Hardy DVD early. I was there earlier today and bought it with no problems at all.
Old 11-27-09, 07:51 PM

Yeah unfortunately I wasn't able to find anything out at stores, no one around here broke street date. I'll hit a WM or two over the weekend and see if I can find the Hardy dvd. More looking forward to UFC 102 & 103 though, as well as the World Championship set which is out 12/15.
Old 11-28-09, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
I'm lost. They say you can get the first 2 PPVs for $35 which is 4 DVDs and they tell you to go to the store for details, but once you get there, they don't give you any details or tell you how to order!!!
ok, NOW they have it so you can order it. But if you think about it, you only save $5! (the dvd sets are $20 each) Wow. That's some deal! I can wait. I'll put it on my Christmas list.
Old 11-28-09, 09:08 AM

The ROH sale has been extended. You can still save 40-50% until monday but non-ROH items are no longer included in the sale.
Old 11-28-09, 09:11 AM

Non ROH items are included it's only non ROH pre-orders that aren't included.
Old 11-28-09, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by platt222
Non ROH items are included it's only non ROH pre-orders that aren't included.
Sorry my mistake. After reading it again platt is right.
Old 11-28-09, 04:37 PM

I went ahead and ordered the last 4 ROH shows (2 pre orders), Bound For Glory & the 4 SOTR w/Raven for $72 shipped yesterday before the Black Friday sale ended. I figured I'd try something new and different, a bit harder to find, since I can go to my local FYE and pick up Survivor Series Anthology. Hoping I made the right choice. I also have a massive ROH/Shimmer dvd lot heading my way from another message board member, here's hoping you guys can help me dissect the lot on where to start...those should be here Tuesday.

No sign of the Jeff Hardy dvd yet here on LI. Hopefully I can get it early too
Old 11-28-09, 08:29 PM

Went to the walmart nearest to my house, picked up bragging rights, but no jeff hardy dvd, guess ill have to wait till tuesday.
Old 11-30-09, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

noticed on FYE.com, there listing the Morrison DVD with a digital copy, which probably will be only the documentary portion (if it's included, which most probably there will be one).
Old 12-01-09, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by sg2386
noticed on FYE.com, there listing the Morrison DVD with a digital copy, which probably will be only the documentary portion (if it's included, which most probably there will be one).
Hmm, will this be the first WWE DVD with a digital copy?
Old 12-01-09, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Cactus Jack
Hmm, will this be the first WWE DVD with a digital copy?
Yea, now i think that the Morrison DVD is a 1 disc release with the 2nd disc being a digital copy.

Also for Canadians, both the Jeff Hardy DVD and History of the World Title were released today.

Bought both from Future Shop, i thought the World Title DVD wouldn't checkout since they have this street date lock where it blocks out the sale if a DVD/Blu-ray/Video Game is sold before street date, but it checked out fine. My guess is since Dec. 1 was the scheduled date, their systems didn't update since WWE pushed the Hardy DVD to Dec. 1 and World Title to Dec. 15.

For people looking for the World Title DVD in Canada (specifically Toronto), check out Future Shop. HMV updated their listing saying now the date is Dec. 15 even though they have it in the backroom.

Last edited by sg2386; 12-01-09 at 02:17 PM.
Old 12-01-09, 03:33 PM

At my CD Plus in Chatham Ontario they have the History of the World Title dvd out for sale. I was looking at it today, but the Jeff Hardy dvd was no where to be seen. So if anyone wants the World Title dvd early, then go to Chatham to pick it up!!
Old 12-01-09, 08:48 PM

Got the Hardy dvd today at Walmart for 19.96, also picked up UFC 102, 103, and Utlimate 100 Countdown Show (not the multi disc) at Sat Mat. for $12.99 each.

I also happened across a nice lot of ROH Shoots including Cornette & Heenan Vol 1; Mick Foley; Steve Carino; Jushin Liger; Sandman & Raven Vol 1; and about a 8 others. No sign of my ROH dvd lot, should be here this weekend.

I am looking forward to the World Championship DVD set, anyone who's seen it give us some info on it.
Old 12-01-09, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jammer311
At my CD Plus in Chatham Ontario they have the History of the World Title dvd out for sale. I was looking at it today, but the Jeff Hardy dvd was no where to be seen. So if anyone wants the World Title dvd early, then go to Chatham to pick it up!!
I was at HMV today and they had the Hardy DVD out but not the World Title. They had tons of copies.

Their website updated really fast since yesterday it still had the Hardy DVD with a Dec. 15 date and World Title on Dec. 1 and this morning it was changed.

Haven't had a chance to watch either yet, have exams next week
Old 12-02-09, 04:04 PM

Dragon Gate USA is having a one day sale today where you get both DG USA event DVDs + best of WrestleJam vol 1 for only 45 bucks! That's a good deal considering it's two 2-disc sets and best of WJ.
Old 12-03-09, 05:39 AM

I actually enjoyed the first disc of the new Jeff Hardy dvd...i liked that between the match clips there was a mini-documentary. And it wasnt just other wrestlers talking about him. Good to see Shannon Moore again, too. I liked the special features on disc 1 also, the interview excerpts was a nice touch....also, enjoyed seeing Hardy vs 123Kid (i think i actually have that match on vhs from taping it when it was on tv) - the match wasnt anything great but just the 'haha, they look so funny back in the day' visual and commentary from Monsoon was entertaining.... 'the pretzel move' LOL!! the 2nd and 3rd discs were ok, nice to have some tv matches included... its a nice compliment to the Twist of Fate dvd, since if i remember correctly Jeff's portion on that release was shorter than Matt's.
Old 12-04-09, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

found this on pwinsider.com concerning the Morrison DVD,

Here is the official promotional blurb for the John Morrison: Rock Star DVD, which FYE has listed as having a digital copy along with it, which would be the first for a WWE release [Credit: Pwinsider.com]:

He's the Shaman of Sexy, the Friday Night Delight. John Morrison is one of WWE's best and brightest rising stars, having held numerous tag team championships, first as part of MNM and then with The Miz. He's also had great solo success, earning the ECW and Intercontinental championships. The DVD is packed with a revealing 1-hour documentary, as well as bonus matches, interviews, Dirt Sheet segments, and more featuring John Morrison, The Miz, Melina, Joey Mercury, Dolph Ziggler, CM Punk, Rey Mysterio, Triple H, and Shawn Michaels.

So it does look like it will be 1 disc with the 2nd being the digital copy.
Old 12-04-09, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by sg2386
found this on pwinsider.com concerning the Morrison DVD,

Here is the official promotional blurb for the John Morrison: Rock Star DVD, which FYE has listed as having a digital copy along with it, which would be the first for a WWE release [Credit: Pwinsider.com]:

He's the Shaman of Sexy, the Friday Night Delight. John Morrison is one of WWE's best and brightest rising stars, having held numerous tag team championships, first as part of MNM and then with The Miz. He's also had great solo success, earning the ECW and Intercontinental championships. The DVD is packed with a revealing 1-hour documentary, as well as bonus matches, interviews, Dirt Sheet segments, and more featuring John Morrison, The Miz, Melina, Joey Mercury, Dolph Ziggler, CM Punk, Rey Mysterio, Triple H, and Shawn Michaels.

So it does look like it will be 1 disc with the 2nd being the digital copy.
It's a tad odd that they would choose this release to start doing digital copies, but the 1 disc thing I think is ok. Even with the hour long doc, that still allows for about 3 hours worth of other content. Considering how short his career has been, it seems about right to me.

The timing of the release and the sense that WWE felt like they had to get a Morrison disc out on the market now makes me wonder exactly what they have in store for him next year between the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania.
Old 12-04-09, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by throwback
Hulk Hogan: Collector's Series FYE Exclusive 2 Pack
Is Jesse Ventura's commentary on both of these sets edited out? I'll pick this set up if his commentary is in.
Old 12-04-09, 02:49 PM

What is a digital copy? I thought all DVDs were digital...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.