Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Old 11-16-09, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Originally Posted by sg2386
Silvervision has put up Survivor Series 2009 for Blu-ray, its great how they get the big 4 on Blu-ray this year.

But hopefully WWE will start doing that for North America next year since they're releasing RAW: The 2009 Season on Blu-ray Jan. 26, so that's a good sign.
Where did you see that Raw: The 2009 Season will be on blu-ray? I haven't seen any mention of it.
Old 11-16-09, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was wondering how the Hogan footage will work, since isn't alot of the footage from house shows? will it just be essentially single camera setups and announcing from JR and Lawler
Old 11-16-09, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sliccric2006
Where did you see that Raw: The 2009 Season will be on blu-ray? I haven't seen any mention of it.
http://www.amazon.ca/Wwe-2009-Raw-Be...8432445&sr=1-3

the US one doesn't have it listed, but likely will have it soon.
Old 11-17-09, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by sg2386
http://www.amazon.ca/Wwe-2009-Raw-Be...8432445&sr=1-3

the US one doesn't have it listed, but likely will have it soon.
Thanks, I tried looking every where for it but couldn't find any kind of listing for it. Hopefully we'll get it in the states too.
Old 11-17-09, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
i was wondering how the Hogan footage will work, since isn't alot of the footage from house shows? will it just be essentially single camera setups and announcing from JR and Lawler
Some of it is from house shows like boston and msg, even though the matches haven't been out on dvd, some of them have aired on wwe classics on demand.
Old 11-17-09, 12:47 PM

The second Dragon Gate USA show is coming to DVD:

http://dgusa.tv/featurearticles60.htm

Details On "Open The Untouchable Gate" DVD Set - Preorders Start This Week

The raved about "Untouchable" pay-per-view is almost here on DVD as the "Open The Untouchable Gate" double DVD set. Preorders start this Friday, November 20th, in the DGUSA.tv Store or by calling 267-519-9744. The DVD set will start shipping on December 6th, plenty of time to get it for a holiday season gift. You'll see great action from top-to-bottom, but this show will be remembered for the Bryan Danielson vs. Naruki Doi and Davey Richards vs. Shingo match of the year candidates. We have loaded up this DVD set to make DVD collecting fun again. This will be a great gift for any wrestling fan on your Christmas shopping list. Here is the rundown:

PREORDER BONUS: If you preorder starting this Friday you will get the Bryan Danielson baseball card like live event ticket that all fans in attendance that night received. This is a rare collectible from Danielson's legendary independent career. The only way to get it before was to attend the 9/6/09 Chicago show. Now you can get this keepsake by preordering "Open The Untouchable Gate" on DVD. Once supplies are gone, they are gone forever. Don't miss out on this unique Bryan Danielson collectible!!!

-You'll witness the entire 9/6/09 event from The Congress Theater in Chicago. The best part is that it has been re-edited from the fast-paced PPV format to include the entire card as it played out on that special night. We'll bring the live experience into your home with all the ring introductions, post matches, FRAY! and the complete Brian Kendrick vs. CIMA bout.

-This double DVD set comes in beautiful deluxe six-panel packaging. It'll look great in your collection!!!

-We have put this on two DVDs to give you optimum picture quality. Our first DVD, "Open The Historic Gate", set the standard for picture quality and we will continue it here.

-You won't want to miss the special video package of alternative camera angles of some of the coolest and most insane highlights of the night.

-The optional commentary feature is back!!! This means you can watch the show with Lenny Leonard, Mike Quackenbush and Phil Colvin or turn off the commentary function and feel the live atmosphere.

-You want extras and we have loaded this one up again!!! We have a special look at the evolution of Davey Richards vs. Shingo. This includes two bonus matches between these warriors. See how their matches from their early years compare to their epic battle in Chicago. Here is the complete lineup of this double DVD set.

"Open The Untouchable Gate" disc:
1) Dragon Kid vs. Masato Yoshino
2) YAMATO & Gran Akuma vs. Mike Quackenbush & Jigsaw
3) Naruki Doi vs. Bryan Danielson
4) CIMA vs. Brian Kendrick
5) Shingo vs. Davey Richards
6) Genki Horiguchi & Ryo Saito vs. The Young Bucks
Plus: Jimmy Jacobs and others!!!

Bonus Disc:
1) FRAY! featuring Arik Cannon, Hallowicked, Johnny Gargano, Flip Kendrick, The Great Malaki, Shiima Xion, Mustafa Ali and Louis Lyndon.
2) "Open The Untouchable Gate" Alternative Angle Highlight Package
3) "Untouchable" PPV Preview & Promo Spot
4) Bonus Match #1: Matt "Evan Bourne" Sydal, Magnum Tokyo & BxB Hulk vs. Jimmy Rave, Gamma & Naoki Tanisaki (7/09/06 - WrestleJAM)
5) Bonus Match #2: Davey Richards vs. Shingo (6/10/06 - FIP "Impact Of Honor" - Orlando, FL)
6) Bonus Match #3: Davey Richards vs. Shingo (11/10/06- FIP "All Or Nothing" - Inverness, FL)

SPECIAL DVD OFFERS AVAILABLE!!! Go to the DGUSA.tv Store to get even more action for your dollar with our special DVD offers. You can now preorder "Open The Untouchable Gate" with "Live In LA", "Best Of WrestleJAM Vol. 1" or "Best Of Dragon Gate Vol. 1" to save money!!! Get your holiday season shopping done now. Go to the DGUSA.tv Store for more info.

December 6th is almost here!!! Preorder "Open The Untouchable Gate" now and be among the first to receive it. Don't miss your chance to get the Bryan Danielson collectible ticket. Go to the DGUSA.tv Store or call 267-519-9744 to take action starting on Nov. 20th.

Last edited by YourOlympicHero; 11-17-09 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-17-09, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
They should already have commentary on them. There is a website online that has the complete history of every WWF/E house show and the ones from Boston Garden, MSG, Maple Leaf Gardens, and such were always done with many camera's and commentary from either Gorilla Monsoon, Bobby Heenan, Lord Alfred, Mean Gene, or Jesse Ventura. They would tape the whole show and put various matches weekly on Prime Time Wrestling or some matches would be released on the old WWF Coliseum Videos that were out in the 80's and early 90's.
Old 11-17-09, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ah thank you
Old 11-17-09, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by jammer311
They should already have commentary on them. There is a website online that has the complete history of every WWF/E house show and the ones from Boston Garden, MSG, Maple Leaf Gardens, and such were always done with many camera's and commentary from either Gorilla Monsoon, Bobby Heenan, Lord Alfred, Mean Gene, or Jesse Ventura. They would tape the whole show and put various matches weekly on Prime Time Wrestling or some matches would be released on the old WWF Coliseum Videos that were out in the 80's and early 90's.
They were also shown on regional sports networks at the time, like MSG Network for the MSG shows (MSG Network and WWE recently teamed up again in the past few years for an MSG WWE Classics show on Wednesdays during the summer), PRISM (predecessor of Comcast SportsNet Philly) for the Philly Spectrum show and NESN for the Boston shows.

Last edited by DerangedHermit; 11-17-09 at 06:11 PM.
Old 11-17-09, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't forget Ron Trungard, I think he did most of the Spectrum shows, and Vince McMahon on the older MSG shows. I have between 50-75 house shows (MSG, Capital Center, Spectrum, Meadowlands, Maple Leaf Gardens, etc...) going back to the 70's and they all have commentary.

Bob

Last edited by JCWBobC; 11-17-09 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-17-09, 08:21 PM

For those interested, the WWE Shop is offering 30% off all orders of $200 or more.

PASSWORD: THANKS

Offer ends: 11/26/09
Old 11-17-09, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just want to let everyone know that FYE has the new Hulk Hogan: Collector's Series bundled with The Ultimate Hulk Hogan Anthology for the same price as the new set on its own: $22.99. It's an amazing deal; I only wish I didn't already have the old set.
Old 11-17-09, 09:46 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
Just want to let everyone know that FYE has the new Hulk Hogan: Collector's Series bundled with The Ultimate Hulk Hogan Anthology for the same price as the new set on its own: $22.99. It's an amazing deal; I only wish I didn't already have the old set.
Hulk Hogan: Collector's Series FYE Exclusive 2 Pack
Old 11-17-09, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Awesome, thanks for the heads up! I'm going to run over there tomorrow and try and pick one up....can't beat that price for a super-mega double dose of HULKAMANIA, brother!!
Old 11-18-09, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just want to let everyone know that FYE has the new Hulk Hogan: Collector's Series bundled with
The Ultimate Hulk Hogan Anthology for the same price as the new set on its own: $22.99.
Wish I knew about this deal before I went out yesterday morning - looks like I took a double legdrop.
I bought the new Hulk Hogan DVD set at Best Buy yesterday for $19.99 (before tax) - legdrop #1 -
and then went right down the street and passed the mall where my local FYE store is located -
legdrop #2. Lucky for me, the new Hulk Hogan DVD isn't open yet - so no legdrop #3 - so I can
still return it to Best Buy for a refund and then go get the two DVD set deal at FYE.

Would be another great deal on a Hulk Hogan DVD purchase as I got four "Hulk Still Rules" DVDs and
four "Hulk Still Rules" books for a total of $29.98 before tax - due to a price error at a Media Play store.
They had a one day sale where if you bought the DVD for $14.99, you got the book for free - which
was also priced at $14.99 so it was a good deal to begin with. I was getting one set for myself and
one set for a friend so I brought up two sets to the register. It however rang up as a buy one DVD
and one Book for $14.99 - get one DVD and one Book free. So I went back and pickup two more sets.
I kept one of the sets for myself, sold one to the friend for $7.50 and then eventually sold the other
two sets online and made a nice profit. I think I sold both sets for $30 each. (Although I'm still kicking
myself for not saving at least one of the DVDs as I saw that the DVD by itself went for $50 a year or
so later.)

Ahh the good old days when house shows were on local TV - has a bunch of tapes filled with house shows
from Madison Square Garden on them as a friend of mine down in the New York City area taped them for
me since for some reason my cable system at the time only got MSG when they showed Yankee games.
Wish the local sports station here in Buffalo did the same with the house shows at the Aud as we had
some pretty good matches that I would have loved to get on tape.

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 11-18-09 at 01:01 PM.
Old 11-18-09, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by throwback
Hulk Hogan: Collector's Series FYE Exclusive 2 Pack

6 Discs overall? at $22.99?
Old 11-18-09, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Amazon.com has Hitman Hart Wrestling with Shadows 10th Anniversary Collectors Edition for preorder

http://www.amazon.com/Hitman-Hart-Wr...8567034&sr=1-6

its releasing on Dec. 8. I already have the single disc version that was released in 2006 here in Canada, was thinking of getting this.
Old 11-18-09, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by YourOlympicHero
The second Dragon Gate USA show is coming to DVD:

http://dgusa.tv/featurearticles60.htm
The packaging for that set looks gorgeous. It's stuff like that that makes me want to check them out when I haven't before.
Old 11-18-09, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by xage
Yep.
Old 11-18-09, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by xage
Yeah, but it's the Chumpster.

No deal.
Old 11-18-09, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Cactus Jack
The packaging for that set looks gorgeous. It's stuff like that that makes me want to check them out when I haven't before.
Do it. Dragon Gate USA is 2 for 2 on putting on GREAT shows.
Old 11-21-09, 01:41 PM

Hey.. Anyone who has the tins from FYE with he legends/icons set. How are they packaged in the tin.. Original cases? Just curious cause I'm looking to pick them up if there original inside
Old 11-21-09, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by bi0hzrd51
Hey.. Anyone who has the tins from FYE with he legends/icons set. How are they packaged in the tin.. Original cases? Just curious cause I'm looking to pick them up if there original inside

They're all in the original cases inside.
Old 11-21-09, 03:24 PM

Awesome.. Thanks sg86.. Looks like I'll swing by on my way home and pick up one or two.
Old 11-21-09, 11:00 PM

Picked up some great finds price wise at FYE and Suncoast today..
-WWE - 20 Years Too Soon: The Superstar Billy Graham Story (2006)
-WWE - The American Dream: The Dusty Rhodes Story (2006)
-WWE - The Best of Smackdown 10th Anniversary (2009)
-WWE - Born to Controversy: The Roddy Piper Story (2006)
-WWE - McMahon - 2-Disc Collector's Edition (2006)
-WWE - The Spectacular Legacy of the AWA (2006)
-WWE - WrestleMania 23 (2007)
-WWE - WrestleMania: 25th Anniversary (2009)

All for $100, which I think is a great deal. Also picked up the FYE Hulk Hogan exclusive on Thursday.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.