DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-09, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Originally Posted by babj311
Just to go back a few post about giving up your collection for your girlfriend. I actually just moved in with my new girlfriend and she actually gave me her dvd rack to use for my Wrestling DVDs. She rocks! The way I see it collecting wrestling dvds is part of me and any women would have to except that or not be with me.
Is it a nice rack?
Old 09-30-09, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
You gotta love these subtle insults masquerading as innocent questions. It's like when people ask Xage "what exactly do you for a living?" The insult isn't there, but it's coming.
I dont really see the insult there. More of the "Damn, what do you do that you can make so much money, that you can comfortably buy every release that comes out anywhere in the world for certain titles." I see it more as us bowing, like many fans do to Ric Flair, saying "we're not worthy".
Old 09-30-09, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Cory02
Smart Mark Video is going to release a special Chikara sampler DVD on Monday for $1.99.
Almost forgot about this. Ordered mine today. Free shipping's a nice touch as well.
Old 10-01-09, 12:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
Almost forgot about this. Ordered mine today. Free shipping's a nice touch as well.
Anyone order multiples? I would love to get one up in Canada, but they don't ship here.
Old 10-01-09, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by espin
Anyone order multiples? I would love to get one up in Canada, but they don't ship here.
Why don't you just wait unitl someone sells it on Amazon or eBay?
Old 10-01-09, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by dillkid
Why don't you just wait unitl someone sells it on Amazon or eBay?
Cause Amazon or ebay will want 8-15 dollars shipping to jack up the price. A boardmember might be more realistic with shipping costs.
Old 10-01-09, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You sure about that? They had about 50 countries listed in the "country" box when you check out. Canada was one of them.
Old 10-02-09, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
You sure about that? They had about 50 countries listed in the "country" box when you check out. Canada was one of them.
Really? I tried to buy it and it kept saying something about my order was not allowed. I'll give it another shot!
Old 10-02-09, 03:25 AM

Just finished my WWF DVD oop collection. Had them all over the years but got rid of ones I didn't watch as much, but I decided they were all worth owning and have finally completed the collection. I included Triple H That Damn Good, Hulk Still Rules etc since they contain unedited content. One of the hardest to get for me was Divas Tropical Pleasure. I have later WWE DVDs but I tend to buy only the ones I can't be without like WrestleManias.

I'm a long time lurker of these wrestling dvd threads, now signed up
Old 10-03-09, 11:05 PM

Anyone bought from second spin before? I just placed an order with them using a code that gave me 20% off and free shipping. I live in Canada so it saved me 12 bucks in shipping costs. Part of me is worried that they may email me and go back on the deal cause I'm an international customer.
Old 10-04-09, 01:23 AM

^ Don't worry, international orders are fine from SecondSpin, I placed many orders with no problem and most of these were using promotions like the current one. They encourage using the codes from any location they ship to.
Old 10-04-09, 03:08 AM

Well I just pre ordered The Rise And Fall Of WCW which comes out friday in europe on Silvervision.co.uk. They told me on Facebook that we will have news on the Jeff Hardy DVD very soon... So it looks like it's on, and we won't be getting a Chris Jericho set after all, yet.
Old 10-04-09, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by dillkid
Well I just pre ordered The Rise And Fall Of WCW which comes out friday in europe on Silvervision.co.uk. They told me on Facebook that we will have news on the Jeff Hardy DVD very soon... So it looks like it's on, and we won't be getting a Chris Jericho set after all, yet.
Did they not mention the History of the World Title; as this one is due out first?
I think this set could be really good or really... whatever! (if it is only 2002 - present)
Old 10-04-09, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by chocoboy87
^ Don't worry, international orders are fine from SecondSpin, I placed many orders with no problem and most of these were using promotions like the current one. They encourage using the codes from any location they ship to.
When you order DVDs, they do send you the case, right? I know that they don't send cases with international CD orders, but I'd sure be bummed if your DVDs arrived with no packaging...lol
Old 10-04-09, 10:06 AM

Also, does anyone have PWG Express Written Consent? I'm trying to add it to DVDAF but they say the picture I have is too small. Can anyone scan it? It always drives me crazy when I can't add a DVD to my database. Gotta love OCD!
Old 10-04-09, 09:51 PM

Some upcoming covers:

Old 10-04-09, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The History of the World Title DVD will likely just be from 2002 til now and probably won't include the older WCW matches.

There's still some great matches that weren't on DVD from 2002-2009. So i'm sure they will include rare RAW/SD matches and of course ppvs.
Old 10-05-09, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Aces_High
Some upcoming covers:

This is gonna blow...
Old 10-05-09, 03:07 AM

When you order DVDs, they do send you the case, right?
You get the case
Old 10-05-09, 08:25 AM

The new Hogan dvd cover is on bestbuy's website, no idea why it wont show up on here.

I've been wanting to ask, which of you guys won the autographed Trish Stratus Collector's Edition dvd for $91? I paid a good amount for mine a few weeks back, not as much as you did, but then again mine isn't auto'd. Congrats to whomever got it, I understand if the buyer wants to keep it personal, just figured I'd throw it out there since it's so hard to find, the owner should be proud to have it as the centerpiece of their collection!
Old 10-05-09, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by sg2386
The History of the World Title DVD will likely just be from 2002 til now and probably won't include the older WCW matches.

There's still some great matches that weren't on DVD from 2002-2009. So i'm sure they will include rare RAW/SD matches and of course ppvs.
It was confirmed by Silvervision that the DVD will include NWA/WCW matches
Old 10-05-09, 09:52 AM

I was just thinking how cool of a shoot interview this would be...does anyone know if there is a Shoot Interview or a QA Session with The Midnight Express and The Rock and Roll Express together? Hearing them talk about the stories from back in the day together, with how hot that feud was, would be awesome..
Old 10-05-09, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Survivor Series Anthology Vol. 1 and 2 covers:

Old 10-05-09, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BobVersion1
I was just thinking how cool of a shoot interview this would be...does anyone know if there is a Shoot Interview or a QA Session with The Midnight Express and The Rock and Roll Express together? Hearing them talk about the stories from back in the day together, with how hot that feud was, would be awesome..
If there is, it's on Highspots.com. Maybe there's a roundtable discussion w/ them all on there?

Since you're a Midnight Express fan, did you know Jim Cornette has a new 2 disk set of their matches (i.e. what's left that Vince doesn't have the right to) from the '80s? I think some are handhelds. Just got my copy today. Going to go through it tonight. You can get it from his site: jimcornette.com
Old 10-06-09, 12:35 PM

I did know about that, thank you though, I think I might have to check it out and also Jim's anniversary book on the Midnight Express. He is someone I would love to sit down and just talk wrestling with.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.