Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Buy 3 get 2 free is back at ROH!
Old 10-09-09, 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
king of the ring 2000, really?
The first PPV and Wrestling VHS that I sore, so it has many sentimental values. But I actualy do love this ppv, as it is full with entertainment.
Old 10-09-09, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by dillkid
If I could choose a sixth, it would most probably be ECW One Night Stand 2005.
It was just so surreal. I knew i'd never seen anything quite like it before and likely never would again. Now if it had the main event the next year had (RVD/Cena) it would likely be my number 1. Great DVD, esp when it came with the first ECW PPV Barely Legal.
Old 10-09-09, 11:09 AM

i understand your bias for KOTR 2000, but its not in the top 5, nor the top 20, i get that you enjoy it for personal reasons, the card just wasnt that good, probably not in the top 5 of that year

1. wrestlemania 17
2. summerslam 2002
3. wrestlemania 19
4. survivor series 2002
5. ecw one night stand 2005
honorable mention royal rumble 2004

i think summerslam 02 beats mania 19 cause there wasnt a bad thing on it, even the little promos like trish/fink were great cause shes so dam hot, plus the main events were epic
mania 19 dragged on a little bit and had a few filler matches, event the title match with booker t and hhh felt like a filler match
Old 10-09-09, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love WrestleMania XIX simply for the fact that it has FIVE main events. FIVE matches that could main-event a WrestleMania. But the truth is, HHH/Booker isn't great. It would be a solid main event for a TNA ppv, or even a regular WWE ppv, but not a main event at WrestleMania.

I've also personally never been a fan of HBK/Y2J. I think they just kinda try everything, and only some of it works.

However, the three main events in a row are awesome: Hogan/Vince is bloody, entertaining, and everything I hoped it would be. Rock/Austin III certainly wasn't as good as their WM 17 match, but it had a very fitting air of finality, and I love the ending. Angle/Lesnar was a great wrestling match, and a great main event.
Old 10-09-09, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
I love WrestleMania XIX simply for the fact that it has FIVE main events. FIVE matches that could main-event a WrestleMania. But the truth is, HHH/Booker isn't great. It would be a solid main event for a TNA ppv, or even a regular WWE ppv, but not a main event at WrestleMania.

I've also personally never been a fan of HBK/Y2J. I think they just kinda try everything, and only some of it works.

However, the three main events in a row are awesome: Hogan/Vince is bloody, entertaining, and everything I hoped it would be. Rock/Austin III certainly wasn't as good as their WM 17 match, but it had a very fitting air of finality, and I love the ending. Angle/Lesnar was a great wrestling match, and a great main event.
I loved Wrestlemania XIX, but X-Seven will rule forever as the best event of the 2000's as well as the best Wrestlemania of all time!
Old 10-09-09, 01:16 PM

i understand your bias for KOTR 2000, but its not in the top 5, nor the top 20, i get that you enjoy it for personal reasons, the card just wasnt that good, probably not in the top 5 of that year

1. wrestlemania 17
2. summerslam 2002
3. wrestlemania 19
4. survivor series 2002
5. ecw one night stand 2005
honorable mention royal rumble 2004

i think summerslam 02 beats mania 19 cause there wasnt a bad thing on it, even the little promos like trish/fink were great cause shes so dam hot, plus the main events were epic
mania 19 dragged on a little bit and had a few filler matches, event the title match with booker t and hhh felt like a filler match
Dude, you need to chill with thinking you know every f***ing thing about WWE!!! If dude likes KOTR 2000, who are you to call him bias and say it's not in the top 20? Who cares??? If that is what he likes who are you to tell him otherwise. It's no wonder why people on this forum don't like you!!! Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, so keep your mouth shut next time.
Old 10-09-09, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stop it! Stop it! Can't you see this PPV guessing game is tearing us apart?
Old 10-09-09, 02:23 PM

Who here thinks Benoit vs. Orton from SS 2004 will be on the History of the World Title dvd?? Cause it's clearly wishful thinking but I am sure we all know it won't be. Or will we just get Orton vs. Triple H from Unforgiven 2004 where Orton loses the title?? That match was pretty decent though, but it would still be nice to see Orton's only World Title win on that dvd. Actually, it would just be nice to see a Randy Orton dvd in general.

Also do you think they will do a history re-cap time line video of the World Title like they did on the History of the WWE dvd?? Cause that time line thing is pretty cool to see.
Old 10-09-09, 02:25 PM

Oh and for the record, King Of The Ring 2000 was actually a pretty good event. You have 2 big title matches, which both changed hands, and you get an actual 8 man tournament to crown the KOTR, not a 4 man tournament. I think it was way better than 2002's KOTR.
Old 10-09-09, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by jammer311
Oh and for the record, King Of The Ring 2000 was actually a pretty good event. You have 2 big title matches, which both changed hands, and you get an actual 8 man tournament to crown the KOTR, not a 4 man tournament. I think it was way better than 2002's KOTR.
Agreed. KOTR 2002's Undertaker Vs Triple H (Featuring The Rock) and Kurt Angle (With his wig lol) Vs Hollywood Hulk Hogan was cool, and Smackdown! at the time was awesome. But the tournament sucked in my opinion.
Old 10-09-09, 02:51 PM

wow, i never attacked anyone the way you just attacked me, this is a discussion forum so i will state my opinions just like everybody else

but king of the ring 2000 is not in the top 5 best ppv of the decade, come on, sometimes there is no need to debate, explain to me how KOTR 2000 is better than wrestlemania 19 or summerslam 2002, its not, i get that he enjoys it but its not in the top 5
Old 10-09-09, 02:53 PM

and aren't you the bad person here, your telling me to shut up and speaking like a immature child, i will not resort to those lows
Old 10-09-09, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by sliccric2006
Dude, you need to chill with thinking you know every f***ing thing about WWE!!! If dude likes KOTR 2000, who are you to call him bias and say it's not in the top 20? Who cares??? If that is what he likes who are you to tell him otherwise. It's no wonder why people on this forum don't like you!!! Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, so keep your mouth shut next time.
Thank you. I couldn't agree more. I almost said something earlier, but he thinks I have some vendetta against him already so I didn't want to add fuel to the fire. You've commented on almost every list posted, chuckliddell. No one said it was for you to agree or disagree with in the first place, so there is no need to "pick them apart." People were asked to post THEIR top 5 PPV's of the decade.

Last edited by SexualPudding; 10-09-09 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-09-09, 03:34 PM

wow, i never attacked anyone the way you just attacked me, this is a discussion forum so i will state my opinions just like everybody else

but king of the ring 2000 is not in the top 5 best ppv of the decade, come on, sometimes there is no need to debate, explain to me how KOTR 2000 is better than wrestlemania 19 or summerslam 2002, its not, i get that he enjoys it but its not in the top 5
I'd just like to point out that i'm not part of this argument, nor would I want to be part of any argument here. That was just MY Top 5 ppvs of the decade though.

Changing the subject now, to more of a wrestling DVD/VHS perspective now...
what is everyone's top 5 non event DVD/VHS of this decade? Here is mine...
Best Of Raw 15th Anniversary
The Monday Night War
The Rise And Fall Of WCW
ECW The Most Extreme Matches
The Greatest Stars Of The 90s

Note: The Bret Hart and Rise And Fall Of ECW would probably be incldued, but I currently don't have those in my collection unfortunatly.
Old 10-09-09, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Top 5 non-PPV is a little tougher, IMO. I have to put the Bret Hart and Rise and Fall of ECW ones up there. Maybe even the Roddy Piper set, too. Some of the matches on there aren't the greatest, but I liked the doc and you really can't go wrong with an entire disc worth of Piper's Pit segments. The Ric Flair releases are worthy as well, especially the first one.
Old 10-09-09, 03:42 PM

I enjoyed the newest Rey Mysterio DVD until it got to the WWE stuff, so that pushed that out of the top 5 for me.
Old 10-09-09, 04:14 PM

In no order:

Raw 15th anniversary
Smackdown 10th anniversary(suprisingly really good)
Rise and Fall of Ecw
Monday Night War
Tombstone History of the Undertaker

Last edited by JohnnyDaBull; 10-09-09 at 09:56 PM.
Old 10-09-09, 05:11 PM

My top five non event related DVD's:

1. The Rise and Fall of ECW - A must have for any wrestling DVD collector
2. The Best of SmackDown Tenth Anniversary - I enjoyed this a lot more than the Best of RAW Fifteenth Anniversary DVD
3. The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection - Another must have
4. The Monday Night War
5. The Rise and Fall of WCW
Old 10-09-09, 09:30 PM

This question about the non ppv dvds is a good one!! But for my top 5 I would go with...

1. The Rise & Fall of ECW - I waited so long to get that and when I did it did not disappoint me at all. The documentary, even though is 3 hours long, seemed to go by so fast when I watched it. It was edgy and actually talked about things that I didn't know about. And it made me feel all nostalgic from when I use to watch ECW back in 1994 on WADL TV 38 out of Detroit.

2. The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection - It took me forever to get this dvd for some reason, as it was like never in any stores until months after it was released. At least for where I live. But when I got it, I was in heaven watching old NWA matches that I only read about in PWI Magazines.

3. Bret "Hitman" Hart: Best There Is, Best There Was, Best There Ever Will Be - This was probably one of the best dvd sets for the story and matches combined. There really isn't a bad match on this dvd set. And the story is just enjoyable to watch.

4. Blood Bath: Wrestling Steel Cage Matches: This dvd is a special one to me only because it was the first wrestling dvd I bought. Plus I thought the matches on it were pretty awesome, seeing the old NWA footage included and old retro WWF stuff from the early 80's.

5. The Ladder Match dvd - Even though I have seen most of the matches, I actually had fun sitting down and watching this dvd from first match to the last, not skipping over anything.

Honorable mentioning has to go to the Shawn Michaels dvds, Roddy Piper dvd, and the Blood Sport ECW Most Violent Matches dvds. All are enjoyable too.
Old 10-10-09, 02:27 AM

please, this ppv discussion is getting annoying...i dont care if its on a dvd or not, post it in the general wrestling thread or make a new one for fav ppv events altogether. i hate coming here and having to go sift through this nonsense to find a worthwhile post about an upcoming dvd being released.
Old 10-10-09, 04:54 AM

I just watched pretty much all of the Rise and Fall of WCW, and it was very enjoyable to watch. What was annoying though was how they muted Jesse Ventura's (I think) commentary in the Sting Vs Vader match. This DVD reminded me of how cool 80's NWA was, and I enjoyed watching those first matches more than I did the actual WCW matches from the 90s. The Midnight Express Vs Rock 'n Roll Express way to slow and boring though. I'm going to give the documentary a 4/5 becuase I wish they would have gone more into Vince Russo, as well as Ric Flair leaving for WWF in 1991 and Bret Hart coming in 1997. The matches on Disc 2 gets a 5/5 and Disc 3 gets 4/5. Awesome DVD, and I reccomend this 3 disc set to anyone who was/is a fan of the NWA/WCW and to any in-experienced wrestling fan who wants to be taught the lesson of NWA/WCW.
Old 10-10-09, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
did you know Jim Cornette has a new 2 disk set of their matches (i.e. what's left that Vince doesn't have the right to) from the '80s? I think some are handhelds. Just got my copy today. Going to go through it tonight. You can get it from his site: jimcornette.com

How is the quality on the DVD?
Old 10-10-09, 10:34 AM

listen all i was upset was about somebody saying king of the ring 2000 should be on the top 5 list of the decade, i understand everybody has there opinion, and he likes it cause of personal reasons cause it was his first ppv, but that doesnt mean its the best

explain to me how king of the ring 2000 is better than summerslam 2002 or wrestlemania 19, look at the cards side by side, come on, its obsurb to say its better, is tiger woods the best golfer, of course he is, if anybody says otherwise there wrong, sometimes a spade is a spade

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.