Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Old 03-08-10, 11:18 PM
  #826  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 320
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

I collect every DVD or BluRay that comes out, so unfortunately I have to add it to my collection. They could have waited for him to retire to do a complete set. There are more Undertaker DVD's in my collection then any other single wrestler.
Old 03-09-10, 12:03 AM
  #827  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,326
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

I guess it sucks for completists, but you have to realize that people like you are not the average buyer. Most people out there, even ones into buying WWE dvd's, are not going to purchase every single one they put out.
Old 03-09-10, 01:21 PM
  #828  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 219
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

There is a K-Mart Exclusive Royal Rumble 2010 DVD out. As every K-Mart exclusive out there, it comes bundled in with the 2009 Royal Rumble. Just want to give fellow DVDTalkers out there a heads-up.
Old 03-09-10, 04:33 PM
  #829  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,438
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Originally Posted by BrIaNMeRcY View Post
There is a K-Mart Exclusive Royal Rumble 2010 DVD out. As every K-Mart exclusive out there, it comes bundled in with the 2009 Royal Rumble. Just want to give fellow DVDTalkers out there a heads-up.
That is, if you can even find that exclusive set but the sale has since concluded.
Old 03-09-10, 04:38 PM
  #830  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,438
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Originally Posted by ThomaMon View Post
I collect every DVD or BluRay that comes out, so unfortunately I have to add it to my collection. They could have waited for him to retire to do a complete set. There are more Undertaker DVD's in my collection then any other single wrestler.

You do realize you don't have to buy it at all, if you're not comfortable with it, but for those that don't have any kind of sets with him, this would be a great addition to their collections, but nobody is forcing you to buy it.
Old 03-09-10, 09:08 PM
  #831  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,326
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Originally Posted by rmw650 View Post
You do realize you don't have to buy it at all, if you're not comfortable with it, but for those that don't have any kind of sets with him, this would be a great addition to their collections, but nobody is forcing you to buy it.
If he's already purchased every single one that's been released, I am sure it would greatly bother him to be "missing" any. It sounds a bit kooky, but that's how a lot of these completists operate. I know a few people like that and it seems more like compulsive behavior than anything else a lot of the time.
Old 03-09-10, 09:20 PM
  #832  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 113
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Heads up to those that are looking to buy "Hart & Soul: Hart Family Anthology", it looks like FYE is going to have some kind of exclusive dvd. I was looking through the coming soon catalogue and saw that they made mention of it. No idea what the exclusive is going to be... maybe bundled with the Bret Hart dvd?
Old 03-09-10, 11:11 PM
  #833  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 399
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

The KMart exclusive of the Rumble is readily available at both KMart's locally. $14.99 is the regular price I believe. Don't think there's anything different on the 2010 dvd, other than it being packaged with the 09 event. Correct?
Old 03-10-10, 01:44 AM
  #834  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,326
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Originally Posted by sliccric2006 View Post
Heads up to those that are looking to buy "Hart & Soul: Hart Family Anthology", it looks like FYE is going to have some kind of exclusive dvd. I was looking through the coming soon catalogue and saw that they made mention of it. No idea what the exclusive is going to be... maybe bundled with the Bret Hart dvd?
Thanks for the heads up. I shall now wait to see exactly what the exclusive is before buying my copy. Hopefully it is a full disc of extra content rather than just a bundled extra of some previous release. Given that store exclusives consisting of extra content have seemingly gone the way of the Dodo, I am not too optimistic, but it's worth waiting to find out for sure.
Old 03-10-10, 02:09 AM
  #835  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,438
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Originally Posted by Aces_High View Post
The KMart exclusive of the Rumble is readily available at both KMart's locally. $14.99 is the regular price I believe. Don't think there's anything different on the 2010 dvd, other than it being packaged with the 09 event. Correct?
Tried 5 Kmarts here near Chicago last week and not one of them carried them. Tried asking the clerk if they had any while they were on sale and he didn't even have a clue as to what I was talking about. Great help at Kmart and how they stay in business is beyond me.
Old 03-10-10, 09:44 AM
  #836  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,566
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Originally Posted by sliccric2006 View Post
Heads up to those that are looking to buy "Hart & Soul: Hart Family Anthology", it looks like FYE is going to have some kind of exclusive dvd. I was looking through the coming soon catalogue and saw that they made mention of it. No idea what the exclusive is going to be... maybe bundled with the Bret Hart dvd?
There hasn't been an exclusive disc in so long, i think Best of RAW 15th Anniversary was the last one, and lately FYE were just repackaging with older DVDs (Hogan, Best of SD, etc.) so if that's any indication it will most likely be bundled with the Bret Hart DVD.
Old 03-10-10, 09:57 AM
  #837  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 194
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Originally Posted by ThomaMon View Post
I collect every DVD or BluRay that comes out, so unfortunately I have to add it to my collection. They could have waited for him to retire to do a complete set. There are more Undertaker DVD's in my collection then any other single wrestler.
Not that it makes much of a difference, but if you have collected all of the WWF/E dvds then you should have more Steve Austin ones (7) than Undertaker (5). :P
Old 03-10-10, 09:59 AM
  #838  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 219
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Originally Posted by Aces_High View Post
The KMart exclusive of the Rumble is readily available at both KMart's locally. $14.99 is the regular price I believe. Don't think there's anything different on the 2010 dvd, other than it being packaged with the 09 event. Correct?
Yup. Pretty much. The K-Mart nearest me has tons of copies.
Old 03-10-10, 01:06 PM
  #839  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 186
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Found a synopsis for the new Undertaker's Deadliest Matches DVD:
"He's the most ominous presence in the history of Sports Entertainment, known for his remarkable "WrestleMania" streak and taking the souls of scores of superstars. Now the Undertaker's most dangerous conflicts are collected in one 3-disc DVD set, "Undertaker's Deadliest Matches". This set includes "Casket Matches", "Buried Alive Matches", "Hell in a Cell", "Last Ride Matches", "Body Bag Matches", "Boiler Room Brawls", "Concrete Crypt Matches" and numerous other brutal bouts.
Old 03-10-10, 03:09 PM
  #840  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 40
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Originally Posted by sg2386 View Post
There hasn't been an exclusive disc in so long, i think Best of RAW 15th Anniversary was the last one, and lately FYE were just repackaging with older DVDs (Hogan, Best of SD, etc.) so if that's any indication it will most likely be bundled with the Bret Hart DVD.
I believe the last time a set was released with exclusive content in the USA was the Eddie Guerrero Viva La Raza dvd which was released on Nov 10, 2008. There were 2 exclusives, one had the SD! tribute while the other had the Raw tribute.

Best of Raw 15th Anniversary was released Dec 26, 2007.
Old 03-10-10, 05:35 PM
  #841  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,438
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Originally Posted by BrIaNMeRcY View Post
Yup. Pretty much. The K-Mart nearest me has tons of copies.
Brian, is it still at $14.99?
Old 03-11-10, 12:01 AM
  #842  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 219
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Originally Posted by rmw650 View Post
Brian, is it still at $14.99?
Yup. That's what it said on the price tag. Most of time K-Mart sicks with that price.
Old 03-11-10, 11:59 AM
  #843  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 145
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Originally Posted by md2810 View Post
Found a synopsis for the new Undertaker's Deadliest Matches DVD:
"He's the most ominous presence in the history of Sports Entertainment, known for his remarkable "WrestleMania" streak and taking the souls of scores of superstars. Now the Undertaker's most dangerous conflicts are collected in one 3-disc DVD set, "Undertaker's Deadliest Matches". This set includes "Casket Matches", "Buried Alive Matches", "Hell in a Cell", "Last Ride Matches", "Body Bag Matches", "Boiler Room Brawls", "Concrete Crypt Matches" and numerous other brutal bouts.
Taker/Warrior Body Bag Match? Yes Please.
Old 03-11-10, 12:35 PM
  #844  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 22,997
Received 115 Likes on 90 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Apologize if this has been asked before: is there anywhere I can get the DVD of WM 17? I honestly feel that was the best one in terms of in ring action but also know it went OOP when WWF had to change its name to WWE. I think the only way to get it since then has been as part of a huge set.
Old 03-11-10, 12:47 PM
  #845  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 59
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

If you can play PAL DVDs Silvervision recently released it as part of the tagged classics series.
Old 03-11-10, 02:37 PM
  #846  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 169
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD View Post
Apologize if this has been asked before: is there anywhere I can get the DVD of WM 17? I honestly feel that was the best one in terms of in ring action but also know it went OOP when WWF had to change its name to WWE. I think the only way to get it since then has been as part of a huge set.
There is a copy of the original DVD release on SecondSpin.com, unfortunately, it's gonna cost you $40.

http://www.secondspin.com/movies/pro...jsp?id=2107966
Old 03-12-10, 04:22 PM
  #847  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,296
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Check your local craigslist. I see them popping up all the time for $5-$20.
Old 03-17-10, 10:15 AM
  #848  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 109
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

chirp...chirp...chirp...

Wow this thread is as dead as I've ever seen it...

What does everyone think of the new Shawn Michaels DVD set? I just got mine from WWE Shop yesterday and I like the design but I have not had a chance to watch any of it yet. I ant wait though.
Old 03-17-10, 12:10 PM
  #849  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,566
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Originally Posted by hbkbiggestfan View Post
chirp...chirp...chirp...

Wow this thread is as dead as I've ever seen it...

What does everyone think of the new Shawn Michaels DVD set? I just got mine from WWE Shop yesterday and I like the design but I have not had a chance to watch any of it yet. I ant wait though.
I finally finished watching it, took me few days, and i enjoyed it. It certainly does gives lots of hints that Shawn Michaels wants to retire, wanting to spend more time with this family and watching his kids grow up. Wrestlemania could probably be his last match.

The DVD felt more like a tribute to him, especially the intro video.
Old 03-17-10, 05:33 PM
  #850  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 441
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

no way, he will retire then come back in 6-10 months time, if he does not wrestle at wrestlemania 27 it will shock me, he will probably do this for atleast 2-3 more years limited schedule, he can still have a great match

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.