Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Old 01-09-10, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
There are a few ways to get around that.

1) Panasonic DVD Recorders have what is called "Flex Record", where you can fit more than 2 hours of content on a disc with not a ton of quality loss. Once you get up above 2 and a half hours, though, it does start to degrade pretty noticeably. It's great for 3 hour Raws, where there is actually only like 2:15 of content minus commercials.

2) DVR the whole PPV or show and just split it onto 2 separate discs.

3) DVD Recorders with a hard drive have the ability to split discs, like described above, but more seamless than going through the DVR.

4) Some DVD Recorders have the ability to record on dual layered discs.
This is what I pretty much do. Panasonic DVD Recorders are indeed awesome with all of the features my recorder has. Flex Record is great although I think the 3 hour mode still looks pretty good. My Panasonic does record onto Dual-Layer discs. What that will do is record about double the time that a standard DVD+/-R will do. So around 4 hrs. of SP or around 2 hrs. of HQ (Highest Quality). I personally don't record in anything less than SP however. I now only record PPVs in HQ, split onto one Dual-Layer Disc and one standard DVD+R. Im an absolute quality freak!

Last edited by hbkbiggestfan; 01-11-10 at 04:32 PM.
Old 01-09-10, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Cory02
In case it hasn't been mentioned yet, I just picked up Volume 1 of the Royal Rumble Anthology for $19.99 at Wal-Mart. It was with some $19.99 TV sets and the other box sets instead of with the rest of the WWE and UFC DVDs.
Cool, I'll be checking out Walmart tomorrow.
Old 01-09-10, 11:01 PM

since hbk and hart have dvds coming out soon, i hope the undertaker gets another new set, hes had so many important and great matches he needs atleast 1 more set, then another when he retires like hbk
Old 01-10-10, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by hbkbiggestfan
This is what I pretty much do. Panasonic DVD Recorders are indeed awesome with all of the features my recorder has. Flex Record is great although I think the 3 hour mode still looks pretty good. My Panasonic does record onto Dual-Layer discs. What that will do is record about double the time that a standard DVD+/-R will do. So around 4 hrs. of SP or around 1 hr. of HQ (Highest Quality). I personally don't record in anything less than SP however. I now only record PPVs in HQ, split onto one Dual-Layer Disc and one standard DVD+R. Im an absolute quality freak!
If you use a dual layer disc, you should be able to get 2 hours on the HQ setting. You may have meant to say 2 instead of 1, since you can get 1 hour of HQ on a regular single layer disc.

I have recorded a few things in HQ just for shits and giggles, and in my experience, there really isn't much of a difference at all between HQ and SP-especially not for the hour of record time that you lose. It is not even in the same universe as the difference in quality between, say, SP and LP. SP is definitely the "sweet spot" setting, where you will get very little to no quality loss.

Btw, for anyone interested, you can record most things like tv shows or movies on the LP (4 hour setting) and it won't look too bad at all. The problems really arise with that recording mode when you are doing things with a lot of fast motion- i.e. sports and, yes, wrestling.

Last edited by SexualPudding; 01-10-10 at 12:45 AM.
Old 01-10-10, 04:08 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some Best Buy still have the WWe Smackdown vs RAW PS3 Collector's edition for $19.99. That includes the game and a BD release with some matches.
Old 01-11-10, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
If you use a dual layer disc, you should be able to get 2 hours on the HQ setting. You may have meant to say 2 instead of 1, since you can get 1 hour of HQ on a regular single layer disc.

I have recorded a few things in HQ just for shits and giggles, and in my experience, there really isn't much of a difference at all between HQ and SP-especially not for the hour of record time that you lose. It is not even in the same universe as the difference in quality between, say, SP and LP. SP is definitely the "sweet spot" setting, where you will get very little to no quality loss.

Btw, for anyone interested, you can record most things like tv shows or movies on the LP (4 hour setting) and it won't look too bad at all. The problems really arise with that recording mode when you are doing things with a lot of fast motion- i.e. sports and, yes, wrestling.
Yeah I meant 2 hours. Thanks for the correction!

Im waiting for Blu-Ray recorders and blank media to become alot more affordable. That is what I truly want to upgrade to for WWE HD and other HD programming.
Old 01-11-10, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by dx23
Some Best Buy still have the WWe Smackdown vs RAW PS3 Collector's edition for $19.99. That includes the game and a BD release with some matches.
Thanks for that info! I would also like to pass along that on Best Buy's website they have the Shawn Michaels Heartbreak and Triumph Ultimate Fan Edition going for only $12.99. A real steal. I saw it was available at some of my local Best Buy's but it wasn't available for Store Pick-up which made me think it was online only pricing. So I ordered it to ship. I want a 2nd one for collector's sake. I opened the one I bought on it's release date and it has taken some damage since.

Has anyone here had any experience ordering from BestBuy.com? I want to know if people have had issues with box sets and such arriving dinged up and what not.
Old 01-11-10, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

While we're on the subject of Best Buy, does anyone know why WWE Hell in a Cell 2009 (the ppv) and Bragging Rights 2009 aren't available at Best Buys anywhere?
Old 01-11-10, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
While we're on the subject of Best Buy, does anyone know why WWE Hell in a Cell 2009 (the ppv) and Bragging Rights 2009 aren't available at Best Buys anywhere?
I have a friend who works at BB and he said they are cutting down on titles they don't think will move and wwe ppv dvds haven't been performing well for them.
Old 01-11-10, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I also noticed the Best Buy near my house hardly puts out the WWE ppv DVDs. I think the newest ppv they had was The Bash.

They do however receive the non-ppvs like History of the World Title, Jeff Hardy, Greatest Tag Teams, Randy Savage, Hulk Hogan's Unreleased Collector's Series, etc.

The latest non-ppv DVD i had trouble finding at Best Buy was Survivor Series Anthology Vol. 1 and 2 which they still haven't stocked yet. I had such a tough time finding it, but eventually got it when i went in the evening on release day at Walmart which they finally put out.

I usually get the ppv ones from stores that specialize in DVDs/CDs like HMV, they usually always have the ppvs on release day.
Old 01-12-10, 12:27 AM

I have hardly any problems picking up wwe dvds, the walmart near my house always has the ppvs and other releases in usually no later than the day after they are due out, the ppvs run me like 14.99 and the non ppvs usually run 19.99. i haven't bought a wwe dvd at best buy in almost a year.
Old 01-12-10, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Kmart is good for WWE PPVs because they usually give you the previous year's PPV with the new one. I just saw Bash 08 & Bash 09 in a 2-pack for $14.95 or $19.95.
Old 01-12-10, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just a heads up,

Gohastings has used WWE dvds for ridiculous cheap prices and they qualify for B2G1F$1 sale. I got the John Cena My Life for 2 bucks!
Old 01-12-10, 10:13 AM

Yeah, I love GoHastings to pick up WWE titles that I wouldn't normally buy at the B&M stores.

Last year I picked up:

SummerSlam 2000
SummerSlam 2001
Backlash 2009
Judgment Day 2009
Extreme Rules 2009
The Twisted, Disturbed Life of Kane for $1
The Greatest Superstars of WrestleMania for $1.82

And my recent order consisted of:
Extreme Rules (2-Disc) $3.21
Royal Rumble 2008 $2.68
No Way Out 2008 $1
Old 01-12-10, 03:35 PM
Cool New Member

I have recently been collecting the American WWE Tagged Classics. I was looking for info on the net as to when the next one will release. So far they are up to Unforgiven 2004.

Any one have a release date for the next one?
Old 01-12-10, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by jeffbase34
Just a heads up,

Gohastings has used WWE dvds for ridiculous cheap prices and they qualify for B2G1F$1 sale. I got the John Cena My Life for 2 bucks!
They even had Survivor Series 2001 and apparently NWO Back in Black a few days ago for $11 each. DAMN!

The best prices are on some of the PPVs and the features from 2007 to early 2009. I found that the prices are always in flux though.
Old 01-13-10, 03:55 AM

It appears that TNA is releasing another Cross The Line Vol. 3 (Turning Point '09, Final Resolution '09, Against All Odds '10) on 4/20/2010.
Old 01-13-10, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by sliccric2006
It appears that TNA is releasing another Cross The Line Vol. 3 (Turning Point '09, Final Resolution '09, Against All Odds '10) on 4/20/2010.
I was just thinking about that last night as it's been a while since they've released anything. I'd imagine Genesis will get a separate release since it's Hogan's PPV debut. I miss the regular release schedule that they used to have. It's nice to save a few bucks with these 3 packs but by the time they come out, I've virtually forgotten about the event in the first place.
Old 01-13-10, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
I was just thinking about that last night as it's been a while since they've released anything. I'd imagine Genesis will get a separate release since it's Hogan's PPV debut. I miss the regular release schedule that they used to have. It's nice to save a few bucks with these 3 packs but by the time they come out, I've virtually forgotten about the event in the first place.
Agreed.

BTW, I saw a copy of WWE The Best of RAW 2009 break street date and can confirm that it will include 20 matches from RAW, including John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels from January, and Triple H vs. Randy Orton in a last man standing matc for the WWE Championship, the one right before their 2/3 falls match at The Bash.
Old 01-13-10, 10:49 AM

Agreed.

BTW, I saw a copy of WWE The Best of RAW 2009 break street date and can confirm that it will include 20 matches from RAW, including John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels from January, and Triple H vs. Randy Orton in a last man standing matc for the WWE Championship, the one right before their 2/3 falls match at The Bash.
Does it have the 10 man with Ricky Steamboat?
Old 01-13-10, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Agreed.

It's surprising how a store has already released it but yet there is no official list of contents on it. But someone on this board said Silvervision will be putting it up this week along with John Morrison - Rock Star.

Glad Cena/HBK from Jan. and Orton/HHH LMS made it, i'm sure it will also include HHH/Cena from Oct, Hardy/Punk/Edge from June and probably the Fatal 4 Way for the WWE title with Orton/HHH/Cena/Show.
Old 01-13-10, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, I'm also hoping for Mysterio/Jericho on the June 10th RAW, and the nodq match between HHH and Orton from April. There were a lot of great matches on RAW last year.
Old 01-13-10, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by sliccric2006

Cool. I got the first one for $6.99 last year from Best Buy, and was waiting on a comparable deal to get Vol. 2.
Old 01-14-10, 07:29 AM

Every Monday night, fans know there’s only one destination for the biggest superstars and best moments in sports entertainment - Monday Night Raw! The Superstars of WWE deliver new and exciting content year round - no repeats. Now for the first time ever on DVD, the best highlights and matches from the 100+ hours of Raw are collected into a single DVD set, Raw: The 2009 Season.

January Highlights

Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena – January 12

The Birth of Legacy: Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes Attack Sim Snuka & Manu – January 12

No Disqualification match for the Intercontinental Championship
CM Punk vs. William Regal – January 19

Randy Orton Assaults Mr. McMahon – January 19

February Highlights

Randy Orton Attacks Shane and Stephanie – February 16

March Highlights

Randy Orton Selects His WrestleMania Opponent – March 2

Shawn Michaels & Undertaker – March 9

Shawn Michaels visits the graveyard – March 23

Santino Marella vs. Mickie James – March 23

Michael Cole & Jerry “The King” Lawler

April Highlights

Ten-Man WrestleMania All-Star Showcase – April 6

Chris Jericho vs. John Cena from London England – April 20

Randy Orton vs. MVP - April 27

May Highlights

Santino Makes Fun of Chavo & Vickie – May 4

“Denver Debacle”: Raw Moves to the Staples Center – May 25

June Highlights

Josh Mathews interviews MVP and Kofi Kingston

United States Championship Match
MVP vs. Kofi Kingston – June 1

The Miz – Five… John Cena – Zero

Legacy Attacks Batista – June 8

Fatal Four Way Match for the WWE Championship
Randy Orton vs. Triple H vs. John Cena vs. Big Show – June 15

Mr. McMahon Sells Raw to Donald Trump – June 15

Last Man Standing Match for the WWE Championship
Triple H vs. Randy Orton - June 22

Mr. McMahon’s Limo Breaks Down – June 22

Mr. McMahon Buys Raw Back form Donald Trump – June 22

3-on-1 Gauntlet match
Randy Orton vs. Evan Bourne, Jack Swagger & Mark Henry – June 29

Raw Celebrity Guest Hosts

Michael Cole & Jerry “The King” Lawler

July Highlights

Randy Orton vs. Ted DiBiase – July 6

Big Show Faces Off with Shaq – July 27

August Highlights

Fatal Four Way Divas Match
Kelly Kelly vs. Alicia Fox vs. Gail Kim vs. Beth Pheonix – August 10

I Know What You’re Going to Do This Summer – August 17

DX Returns – August 17

DX Celebrates Mr. McMahon’s Birthday in Las Vegas – August 24

Chris Jericho vs. MVP – August 31

Fatal Four Way Match for the United States Championship
Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz vs. Jack Swagger vs. Carlito - August 31

September Highlights

The Price is Raw

Body Slam Contest
Big Show vs. Mark Henry – September 7

Batista Returns, Orton Beware – September 14

No Holds Barred Match
Batista vs. Randy Orton – September 14

October Highlights

D-Generation X vs. Chris Jericho & Big Show – October 5

John Cena vs. Triple H – October 19

Chris Jericho vs. Kofi Kingston – October 26

November Highlights

Chavo Guerrero vs. Santino Marella – November 16

Randy Orton & Kofi Kingston Wage War at Madison Square Garden – November 16

Triple Threat Tag Team Match
D-Generation X vs. Jeri-Show vs. John Cena & Undertaker – November 16

John Cena vs. CM Punk – November 23

December Highlights

TLC Championship Showdown – December 7

Superstar of the Year Match
John Cena vs. Randy Orton – December 14

2009 Raw Recap
Old 01-14-10, 07:30 AM

He’s the Shaman of Sexy, the Friday Night Delight. John Morrison is one of WWE’s best and brightest rising stars, having held numerous tag team championships, first as part of MNM and then with The Miz. He’s also had great solo success, earning the ECW and Intercontinental championships. The DVD is packed with a revealing 1-hour documentary, as well as bonus matches, interviews, Dirt Sheet segments, and more.

The Dream Begins

ECW Championship Match
John Morrison vs. CM Punk
ECW September 4, 2007

Best of the Dirt Sheet

Miz & Morrison vs. D-Generation-X (Triple H and Shawn Michaels)
RAW November 3, 2008

Straight from the Palace of Wisdom

John Morrison vs. Evan Bourne
ECW April 14, 2009

Parkour Training

John Morrison vs. Chris Jericho
WWE Superstars June 11, 2009

The Shaolin Master of Movement

John Morrison vs. Edge
SmackDown June 19, 2009

Anatomy of the Aerial Attack

John Morrison vs. CM Punk
SmackDown June 26, 2009

Making a Surfboard

World Heavyweight Championship Match
John Morrison vs. Jeff Hardy
SmackDown July 31, 2009

One with the Ocean

Intercontinental Championship Match
John Morrison vs. Rey Mysterio
SmackDown September 4, 2009

The Journey Continues…

Bonus Features
John Morrison is Born
ECW July 17, 2007

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.