DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official MST3K / Rifftrax / Cinematic Titanic DVD Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-19, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 432 Posts
Re: Official MST3K / Rifftrax / Cinematic Titanic DVD Thread

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Last week they announced a tour date in my home town and I snapped up tickets. Then my wife insisted She buy me a VIP pass. I did resist too hard,
Why did you resist?

We have tix for the show in November on Black Friday.
Old 07-28-19, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by whotony

Why did you resist?

We have tix for the show in November on Black Friday.
Oops, I meant I didn’t resist too hard.
Old 08-01-19, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

A bit late in posting this here, but here's Joel's May 31st announcement of the new tour (which is his personal last, but not the last MST3K Live tour because he promises Jonah will do the next one)...

( FROM THIS LINK: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2524240 )

Dear MST3K Revival League,

Hey again, it's Joel. And just like I promised in the last update, I’ve got some big news that I've been looking forward to sharing with all of you!

This September, we’ll be back with an all-new MST3K LIVE tour!

That's right! We're hitting the road again to bring you to two more brand-new shows, with two "new" (old) cheesy movies, and this time, we're coming to at least twice as many cities as ever before! So, step right up, as MST3K LIVE presents... "The Great Cheesy Movie Circus Tour"

To see all of the dates and cities, and to purchase tickets, just go here! ( https://mst3klive.com )

Also, we're adding new venues every week, so if you don’t see your town yet, keep checking back!

I should also tell you that this tour is very special to me, because this will be my final national tour as host. So yeah, I'm hoping to have the opportunity to meet as many of you as I can during my final circuit on the road. Don’t worry, though: that doesn't mean it's the end of MST3K, or MST3K LIVE! Jonah is in his holding-pen and deeply involved creatively with this tour as a writer and riff producer too. (Also… he’s promised me he’ll go out on the next tour!)

Anyway, for this tour, we are featuring two completely weird, completely cheesy films:

"No Retreat, No Surrender"
A self-conscious teen becomes a martial arts master under the tutelage of Bruce Lee’s ghost. Featuring fresh-faced Jean-Claude Van Damme as a brooding hit man and a Bruce Lee lookalike, who looks nothing like Bruce Lee.

"Circus of Horrors"
A garish 1960s British thriller showcasing mod circus acts, plastic surgery, and animal attacks by stagehands in fur suits. Warning: Features the pop hit “Look for a Star” over and over again.

Also, on the last few tours, we weren't able to give you a "real-time" look behind the scenes of the tour… but this time, I'm happy to report that our new touring partner is really excited to have us share more of the creative process.

So, I'm happy to tell you that, for this tour, we'll actually be sharing weekly updates on our brand new tour site, at MST3KLIVE.com! And in fact, I'm even more excited to tell you that...

You can check out the first Behind-The-Scenes TOUR UPDATE right now! ( https://mst3klive.com/2019/06/move-in-day/ )

I just made it last Friday while we were moving in. This first one will give you a brief tour of our development workshop where we will be building the sets, props, robots and costumes over the next three months, as well as a look at the writing process on the two newest additions to the ongoing MST3K story.

So, yeah. That's the new tour we've got planned. Pretty exciting, right?

That's pretty much all for today, but I also want you to know that we're still in discussions about the future of Mystery Science Theater 3000, and making more seasons. There's no official news yet, because we're focusing most of our attention on preparing for the tour, but as soon as there's something else to share, I'll be sure to tell you.

But, you know... now is a great time to grab your tickets to join us this fall!

Cheers and Thanks!

Joel
Old 08-08-19, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Season 12 (season 2 of the Netflix relaunch) is coming to DVD/blu Nov. 26.

Backers is the pledge drive already have theirs:

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product...MdWMqOpS-QffVo
Old 11-20-19, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Turkey Day Marathon this year and a new Twitch channel, with a full week-long marathon

https://shoutfactorytvlive.com/the-m...-marathon-2019
It wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without turkey—cinematic turkey, that is! This Thanksgiving, crack open some canned wassail and join your fellow MSTies for the beloved annual Mystery Science Theater 3000 Turkey Day Marathon! Hosted by everyone’s favorite robot friends, Tom Servo and Crow T. Robot, this year’s marathon features six classic episodes of MST3K hand-picked by series creator Joel Hodgson.

Starting at 12 pm ET / 9 am PT on Thursday, November 28, the holiday marathon will showcase six classic MST3K episodes, as well as new episode intros featuring Tom Servo and Crow. Visit MST3KTurkeyDay.com for info on how to watch the Turkey Day marathon and participate in Turkey Day festivities during the holiday week by using the hashtag #MST3KTurkeyDay.

For those who can’t get enough helpings of cheesy cinema, Shout! Factory TV will whet your appetite with the launch of the dedicated Mystery Science Theater 3000 Twitch channel! Leading up to the start of the Turkey Day marathon, this new channel will launch with a full week of classic MST3K episodes livestreamed in chronological order, starting at 1 pm ET / 10 am PT on Wednesday, November 20th. Following the Turkey Day marathon, the channel will remain a dedicated home for classic MST3K episodes and related programming. Visit www.twitch.com/mst3k for more info.
The new Twitch channel is on Season 1 right now
https://www.twitch.tv/mst3k

Video promo for the Turkey Day Marathon:
Old 11-26-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Joel announced on Kickstarter that Netflix isn’t bringing the show back for a third season.
Old 11-26-19, 05:33 PM

Received 1,899 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Just saw that, a bummer, I like the new show.
Old 11-26-19, 05:58 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

Booger!
Old 11-26-19, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That stinks. Although I don’t know that he would have been involved anymore.

he’s currently on a tour featuring him NBC and that bots that they are calling his farewell tour or something to that effect.

im seeing it Friday night.
Old 11-26-19, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So this news comes out just before Turkey Day, and their marathon. Now, this could be just blind optimism but....'

What if they knew about the Netflix cancellation for a while, but held off on the announcement, so that they could work out a new deal for a new season without Netflix, whether on another service or going solo or something. Then they announce the Netflix cancellation just a few days before Thanksgiving so that people are bummed, but not for too long, because at the end of the Turkey Day marathon they announce, SURPRISE, a third season is still coming!
Old 11-26-19, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Netflix is starting to piss me off. Don’t buy up properties for a quick viewer jump and then drop them after a couple of seasons. They buy the rights to shows like Friends and The Office, with ten season runs but won’t invest in their own things.
Old 11-28-19, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It looks like the Turkey Day Marathon isn't being streamed on Youtube this year. I don't see a stream, and it's already started.

From https://shoutfactorytvlive.com/the-m...-marathon-2019
WHERE TO WATCH: MST3KTurkeyDay.com, the Shout! Factory TV app (Roku, Amazon, Apple TV, etc.), Twitch, Pluto TV (Channel 385), Stirr, Samsung TV Plus, Xumo and more!
Old 12-09-19, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Rifftrax is having a free shipping sale on physical discs. They have 5 discs on sale for $2.99-$4.99, and you can add the promo code FREEBLURAY to get RiffTrax Live: Reefer Madness on blu-ray with any physical media purchase.
​​​​​​​
https://www.rifftrax.com/free-shipping-sale
Old 02-19-20, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The 2020 Rifftrax Kickstarter has launched. They're doing a re-riff of Hobgoblins and Amityville Horror 4:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ve/description
Old 02-20-20, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Do we're down to just 2 movies now? Is that all that we get for the whole year?
Old 02-20-20, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, they did two in 2018 as well. Last year they did three, but one of them was just recorded and broadcast at a later date. My guess it's either a problem with Fathom's schedule, or the company the produces the live shows.
Old 03-13-20, 01:44 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

Old 03-13-20, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not all that easy to watch them though.
Old 03-13-20, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Club MST3k - Watch Streaming Episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000!
Old 03-21-20, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The Rifftrax Kickstarter ends this evening. For $1 you get 10 shorts and a new song based on one of the movies they’re riffing this year (Ammityville Horror 4 and Hobgoblins). If you already own some of the shorts, you’ll get $1 in Rifftrax credit for each one you own.

All the money-based stretch goals have been unlocked, but there are still a few stretch goals based on the backer number left.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ve/description
Old 03-21-20, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
The Rifftrax Kickstarter ends this evening.
I wonder if they'll be able to actually have these events in theaters this year. The first one isn't until June, but the way things are going theaters may still be closed. I wonder if they could transition to a live stream. Fathom@home?
Old 03-28-20, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The MST3K twitter said on 4/1 they’ll be able to stream some episodes they’ve never been able to stream before. Maybe that means some of the 11 episodes they haven’t been able to release, or it could be some episodes they’ve released on DVD, but not for streaming/digital (like the Universal titles or Danger Diabolik).

And semi-MST3K related, there’s a Manos: The Hands of Fate Trading cards Kickstarter going on by the guy who did the MST3K 1-3 trading card sets.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...?ref=user_menu
Old 04-02-20, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay G.
I wonder if they'll be able to actually have these events in theaters this year. The first one isn't until June, but the way things are going theaters may still be closed. I wonder if they could transition to a live stream. Fathom@home?
My prediction is the June 11th one will be delayed and that they may even just double-up and riff both movies on consecutive nights in October as they did for 2 of the movies last year.
Old 04-06-20, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Shout Factory is having a sale right now, an additional 15% off the sale prices. This includes a lot of MST3K titles.
https://www.shoutfactory.com/blog/ca...hopping-spree/
https://www.shoutfactory.com/collection/mst3k

However, a potentially even better deal is Amazon's B2G1 deal right now, which covers an odd selection of MST3K titles.
Amazon Amazon

The Movie (BluRay/DVD Combo) - $19.99
MST3K: Volume III - $32.49
Vol. 4 $30.91
Volume VIII - $32.96
Volume IX - $34.99
Vol 10.2 - $34.59
Volume XII - $35.96
Volume XXXIV - $46.29
Volume XXXVI - $44.99
Volume XXXVIII - $46.96
Volume XXXIX - $42.96
The Singles Collection - $46.90
Season Eleven - $49.59
The Gauntlet - Season 12 [Blu-ray] - $42.60
Cinematic Titanic: The Complete Collection - $29.96
Old 04-07-20, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay G.
Hobgoblins has been rescheduled for August 6th, though in Rifftrax's email they stressed it was a tentative date. They'll monitor the situation and if the theaters aren't fully up and running by then, they'll push it back again.

Also, there's a 20% off sale on all of their live shows at their site, until Thursday.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.