DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

JUSTICE LEAGUE: CRISIS ON TWO EARTHS - Spring 2010

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-10, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: JUSTICE LEAGUE: CRISIS ON TWO EARTHS - Spring 2010

Originally Posted by canaryfarmer
New Frontier = terrible, Green Lantern = totally by the numbers, spirals into a nonstop punch and blast-fest for what seems like forever at the end, Wonder Woman = okay, but not worth re-watching ever, and I didn't bother with Public Enemies. Two Earths can only be an improvement at this point.
Are you sure you're not describing Marvel's animated movies?
Old 02-17-10, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Honestly, they're all pretty awful as well. At least Hulk vs. Wolverine was fun (mostly due to Deadpool). I hear Planet Hulk is kind of cool, so maybe things are picking up.
Old 02-17-10, 10:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The next animated feature from DC is...

...Batman: Under the Red Hood in October.

http://trekweb.com/stories.php?aid=4b7bf305b1d76
Old 02-17-10, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jedi Master 33
I respectfully disagree. New Frontier is the best of DC's animated movies.
Huh? Did you read the source material? Because there is no way you could say that if you had. Even some DC creators have said as much.
Old 02-17-10, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 600 Likes on 433 Posts

I also thought NF stunk.
Old 02-17-10, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Sessa17
Huh? Did you read the source material? Because there is no way you could say that if you had. Even some DC creators have said as much.
I believe they call it a "opinion".
Old 02-17-10, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well I have liked all the DC Animated Movies so far(Tho I haven't yet watched Batman Gotham Knight due to my dislike for that kind of Animation,but I do own it) and can't wait for this one. I love Comic Book Movies and TV Shows however don't read alot of comics so I though Justice League New Frontier was fine. However having alot of knowledge about the Death of Superman comics,while I did like Supermanoomsday it was a huge letdown after reading the comic,some books on the history of Superman,and listening to the Audio Radio Program of it it,and is my least favorite. I will someday watch Batman Gotham Knight as it takes place between Batman Begins & The Dark Knight and has Kevin Conroy as voice,I just don't like Anime-style animation.
Old 02-17-10, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

I've read New Frontier and loved it. I've watched the New Frontier movie and loved it as well. I guess it's easier for me to separate the two mediums.
Old 02-18-10, 12:58 PM

anyone know if walmart is planning an exclusive lenticular cover for this movie like they have for the previous one's (except New Frontier)
Old 02-20-10, 12:13 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Sessa17
I agree, New Frontier was horrendous and unwatchable. Wonder Woman was by far the best so far, GL was just OK not that great, Public Enemies was awful as well.
Doesn't get any better with Crisis. Bad dialogue and a horrible cast choice (William Baldwin as Batman???) don't help matters much here. I think Wonder Woman and GL are the best so far, with New Frontier (it was dull, but not offensive) and Gotham Knight trailing behind. For me, PE and Superman/Doomsday are at the bottom, with CO2E now joining them.
Old 02-20-10, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MoviesRMyLife
Doesn't get any better with Crisis.
I don't know about that. The Spectre short at the least sounds really cool and Adam Tyner wrote a good review of the Blu-Ray his tastes are very close to my own. I've heard enough good things about it I'm still going to blind-buy the Blu-Ray.
Old 02-23-10, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Man this was all kinds of awesome. I thought I would hate this because the guy that recommended it to me also like public enemies a lot which I didn't care for. He also didn't like Hulk Vs which I loved. Also Owlman just sounds lame to me so me expectations were low.

Easily one of the best heroes movies to come out. Owlman and Batman came off as badass jerks just the way I like em. There was one point I was talking to the screen saying batman would never do that but something else happen right afterward that made say batman would do exactly that.

The cameos were done better but I wished some of the background characters had some lines. Black Lightning been in what 3 of these movies now and never says anything. The evil version had a evil afro. Come on I want to here what that dude has to say. On a side note Black Lightning on Harvey Birdman was funny.

Must see if you ask me. Hey is the best buy figure pack only online or in stores also?
Old 02-23-10, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thought it was okay for the most part. Would have enjoyed seeing more of the alternate Earths. Superman's head was drawn oddly. I don't understand why they have to change the voices all the time. The kiss all kind of ass with Kevin Conroy telling him how he is the best Batman voice actor ever in the various extras on these things. Yet they bring him back for one and drop him for the next. Can't we have consistency with the voice acting?

And yeah Best Buy has a figure pack for DVD and Blu-ray in the store. 19.99 your choice of formats.
Old 02-25-10, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I dug it except for the for a few things here and there. The choice of voice casting for Superman (Mark Harmon, I believe) was all wrong. Same for the way Ultraman was portrayed. Other than that, it was very enjoyable.

The Specter short was awesome! And the First Look: Batman Under The Red Hood has me very much looking forward to that release.
Old 03-02-10, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It was decent. Better than Public Enemies thats for sure. Not quite as good as First Flight or Wonder Woman though.
Old 03-03-10, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I really disliked this, it was poorly done. The character designs were flat and boring, the vocal performances were miscast, it was just overall not great. Weirdly by putting the Justice League episodes that cover the same general plot on the discs it just points out how much better the Justice League series was than this movie. The spectre short was alright, the "grindhouse" effects were a bit over the top and I wasn't big on the anime style to the drawings, but it was better than the main feature.

Thus far I've watched all of these DC direct to DVD movies and the only one I thought was good was Wonder Woman. I wish they'd just do more Justice League episodes.
Old 03-04-10, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

Another Fine-Entertaining movie from Warner.
James Woods owns the role of OWLMAN.
The other voice actors did a decent job.
I like the designs of the characters and backgrounds.
Overall gets a solid 'B' from me.

The Spectre short was AWESOME.
Gary Cole really nailed the voice.
Love the grainy look and the funk 70's music.
A+
Old 03-05-10, 07:42 AM

First, I absolutely loved The Spectre short. From the style of the animation to the backgrounds to the story (which could have used at least another 5-10 minutes of development rather than what seemed to be little more than a jump cut to the reveal of the villain). Gary Cole was phenomenal. I wish that ran for an hour and change and JL was a short.

As far as JL, it was probably my least favorite of this series of movies so far, besides Superman/Doomsday. There were a few highlights (James Woods as Owlman, the participation of the extended JL members, and I really enjoyed Mark Harmon's take on Superman, a character that I loathe), but for the most part it just felt like a pretty standard 'heroes are called in to help / heroes find themselves in peril / heroes fight / repeat' tale. It was a disappointment for me personally since I was a big fan of the Crime Syndicate stories when I was a kid.

Watching the preview for 'Batman: Under The Red Hood' right before probably didn't help. That looks like its going to be excellent.

I would like to see some more variation in the series than just Superman / Batman / Wonder Woman / JLA. The Green Lantern was a nice change of pace, but I wish they'd go forward with their plans for Teen Titans: The Judas Contract, and, while I know there's very little chance of this, I'd love to see individual feature-length flicks for Aquaman and Shazam!