Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk New-To-DVD Theatrical Release Calendar & Discussion Thread

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

DVD Talk New-To-DVD Theatrical Release Calendar & Discussion Thread

Old 09-01-09, 10:42 PM
  #1  
Mao
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Mao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 7,024
DVD Talk New-To-DVD Theatrical Release Calendar & Discussion Thread

The following calendar is culled from actual studio sources and our studio and distribution contacts. It is comprised of new-to-DVD theatrical releases from 2009 to the present and are always subject to change. Updated/confirmed additions to the calendar are noted with a *.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 1-
The Betrayal
Disneynature: Earth
Good Dick
Sin Nombre
State Of Play
Sugar

September 8-
The Country Teacher
Crank 2: High Voltage
Dance Flick
Kabei: Our Mother
Local Color
Sleep Dealer
Valentino: The Last Emperor

September 15-
Easy Virtue
Grace
Next Day Air
Note By Note: The Making Of Steinway L1037
Treeless Mountain
Trumbo
X-Men Origins: Wolverine

September 22-
Adam Resurrected
Battle For Terra
Ghosts Of Girlfriends Past
Lymelife
Observe And Report
O'Horten
Tulpan

September 29-
Away We Go
The Brothers Bloom
Filth And Wisdom
The Girlfriend Experience
In A Dream
Management
Monsters Vs. Aliens
Secrecy
Shrink
Steam

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These and more can be found on the DVD Talk Preorder Bargains Page!

The previous New Release Calendar can be found here.

Last edited by Mao; 10-01-09 at 10:14 PM.
Mao is offline  
Old 09-01-09, 11:15 PM
  #2  
Mao
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Mao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 7,024
Updated

Added:

September 15-
Orgies And The Meaning Of Life

September 22-
The Wonder Of It All (New Date)

September 29-
Secrecy

November 3-
The English Surgeon
Lemon Tree
Not Forgotten (New Date)
Unmistaken Child (New Date)

November 10-
A Christmas Tale
Enlighten Up!
The Merry Gentleman

November 17-
Skills Like This (New Date)

November 24-
Gomorrah
Three Monkeys

December 8-
Somers Town

January 19-
Outrage
Mao is offline  
Old 09-02-09, 12:01 AM
  #3  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 73
Re: DVD Talk New-To-DVD Theatrical Release Calendar & Discussion Thread

Still no word on Night At The Museum: Battle Of The Smithsonian?
Phineas is offline  
Old 09-02-09, 06:44 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: austria
Posts: 1,009
Re: Updated

Originally Posted by Mao View Post
Added:

September 15-
Orgies And The Meaning Of Life

September 22-
The Wonder Of It All (New Date)

September 29-
Secrecy

November 3-
The English Surgeon
Lemon Tree
Not Forgotten (New Date)
Unmistaken Child (New Date)

November 10-
A Christmas Tale
Enlighten Up!
The Merry Gentleman

November 17-
Skills Like This (New Date)

November 24-
Gomorrah
Three Monkeys

December 8-
Somers Town

January 19-
Outrage
strange thing is: i have never heard of any of these movies
philip74 is offline  
Old 09-02-09, 06:51 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,001
Re: DVD Talk New-To-DVD Theatrical Release Calendar & Discussion Thread

of course you haven't...because they don't include robots or Shia lebouf
animatedude is offline  
Old 09-02-09, 08:51 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: austria
Posts: 1,009
Re: DVD Talk New-To-DVD Theatrical Release Calendar & Discussion Thread

ahh, then you must be the guy who watched those movies at the movie theater
philip74 is offline  
Old 09-03-09, 08:17 AM
  #7  
Mao
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Mao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 7,024
Re: Updated

Originally Posted by philip74 View Post
strange thing is: i have never heard of any of these movies
You guys crack me up!

***************************************************

Added:

October 27-
Ice Age: Dawn Of the Dinosaurs


(Howz about that one?)
Mao is offline  
Old 09-03-09, 11:11 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: austria
Posts: 1,009
Re: Updated

Originally Posted by Mao View Post
You guys crack me up!

***************************************************

Added:

October 27-
Ice Age: Dawn Of the Dinosaurs


(Howz about that one?)
heard yes, but i only watch movies with shia and robots in it

well, i want to rewatch the hangover also, it is quite annoying how long
the studio seems to keep holding back on that title
philip74 is offline  
Old 09-03-09, 01:40 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: austria
Posts: 1,009
Re: DVD Talk New-To-DVD Theatrical Release Calendar & Discussion Thread

Originally Posted by animatedude View Post
of course you haven't...because they don't include robots or Shia lebouf
in my defense i just researched each title on imdb.
i guess you are mostly into art house, foreign films and documentaries.
good for you these small films deserve an audience. nothing
against a smart dialogue film. although shia movies can be quite
entertaining as well
here is something else you won`t believe: even though i am european,
and home based there also, i actually prefer american blockbusters!
sure there are stinkers and scripts are unfortunately getting worse
and worse, but hollywood has still mastered the art of entertainment and
the global success of their movies shows it (although it could be that people are getting
dumber and dumber in general also ).
i do miss smart scripts like seven, unsual suspects, etc.

sorry for the offtopic!!

mao, any rumors for the hurt locker??
philip74 is offline  
Old 09-04-09, 03:16 AM
  #10  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,736
Re: DVD Talk New-To-DVD Theatrical Release Calendar & Discussion Thread

Any early word on The Hurt Locker or Inglourious Basterds?
ReduxGuy is offline  
Old 09-04-09, 08:01 PM
  #11  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 27
Re: DVD Talk New-To-DVD Theatrical Release Calendar & Discussion Thread

Originally Posted by ReduxGuy View Post
Any early word on The Hurt Locker or Inglourious Basterds?
I'm hearing a rumor of December 15th for Inglourious Basterds.
danbenzvi is offline  
Old 09-05-09, 08:19 AM
  #12  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: austria
Posts: 1,009
Re: DVD Talk New-To-DVD Theatrical Release Calendar & Discussion Thread

december will be a very expensive month
not only are there several august theatrical releases to be bought,
but with the studios policy this year to hold titles until the christmas
season there are many movies that remain from june and july!

there havent been any announcements on titles like public enemies,
terminator, hangover, bruno, etc.
philip74 is offline  
Old 09-06-09, 09:37 AM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
mvieguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 697
Re: DVD Talk New-To-DVD Theatrical Release Calendar & Discussion Thread

Originally Posted by philip74 View Post
december will be a very expensive month
not only are there several august theatrical releases to be bought,
but with the studios policy this year to hold titles until the christmas
season there are many movies that remain from june and july!

there havent been any announcements on titles like public enemies,
terminator, hangover, bruno, etc.
I heard the Public Enemies and Spread are both November 11th

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince is December 8th

Night at the Museum 2 is Oct 27th

Angels and Demons is Nov 24th
Terminator Salvation is Nov 24th

And I still hear the Hangover as October 6th


The Rumor about The Hurt Locker is that its Late December
mvieguy is offline  
Old 09-06-09, 09:49 AM
  #14  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: austria
Posts: 1,009
Re: DVD Talk New-To-DVD Theatrical Release Calendar & Discussion Thread

Originally Posted by mvieguy View Post
I heard the Public Enemies and Spread are both November 11th

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince is December 8th

Night at the Museum 2 is Oct 27th

Angels and Demons is Nov 24th
Terminator Salvation is Nov 24th

And I still hear the Hangover as October 6th


The Rumor about The Hurt Locker is that its Late December

yeah, spread is correct, has been announced by videoeta for november 10th and i have just posted the angels and demons november 24th confirmation by dvdactive on another thread.
as for public enemies unfortunately i have heard nothing, where is the info from?
unfortunately i doubt the hangover date will stick, because the time window
for the preorders has gotten too small.
philip74 is offline  
Old 09-06-09, 09:12 PM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
mvieguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 697
Re: DVD Talk New-To-DVD Theatrical Release Calendar & Discussion Thread

Originally Posted by philip74 View Post
yeah, spread is correct, has been announced by videoeta for november 10th and i have just posted the angels and demons november 24th confirmation by dvdactive on another thread.
as for public enemies unfortunately i have heard nothing, where is the info from?
unfortunately i doubt the hangover date will stick, because the time window
for the preorders has gotten too small.
I get a lot of my dates from DVD Aficanado. Its pretty reliable
mvieguy is offline  
Old 09-08-09, 10:47 PM
  #16  
Mao
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Mao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 7,024
Updated

Added:

September 29-
Orgies And The Meaning Of Life (New Date)

November 3-
Aliens In The Attic

November 10-
Spread

November 17-
The Open Road

November 24-
Four Christmases

December 1-
Terminator Salvation
Mao is offline  
Old 09-09-09, 03:41 AM
  #17  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: austria
Posts: 1,009
Re: DVD Talk New-To-DVD Theatrical Release Calendar & Discussion Thread

man they keep pushing that terminator back! christmas business won`t make
it a better movie
thanks for the gi joe and basterds rumors mao, sounds great!
philip74 is offline  
Old 09-09-09, 07:20 AM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
mvieguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 697
Re: DVD Talk New-To-DVD Theatrical Release Calendar & Discussion Thread

I heard that Bruno and G.I Joe:rise of cobra are both November 2nd.
mvieguy is offline  
Old 09-10-09, 09:32 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
argh923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Muncie, IN [Member formerly known as abrg923]
Posts: 6,341
Re: DVD Talk New-To-DVD Theatrical Release Calendar & Discussion Thread

Originally Posted by mvieguy View Post
I heard that Bruno and G.I Joe:rise of cobra are both November 2nd.
With all due respect...you have 3 posts here. You're going to need to cite more of a source than "I heard".
argh923 is offline  
Old 09-11-09, 08:04 AM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
mvieguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 697
Re: DVD Talk New-To-DVD Theatrical Release Calendar & Discussion Thread

Originally Posted by abrg923 View Post
With all due respect...you have 3 posts here. You're going to need to cite more of a source than "I heard".
dvdaficionado.com
mvieguy is offline  
Old 09-14-09, 10:27 PM
  #21  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 296
Re: DVD Talk New-To-DVD Theatrical Release Calendar & Discussion Thread

DVDACTIVE says The Ugly Truth comes out November 10th
dugnarug is offline  
Old 09-14-09, 10:40 PM
  #22  
Mao
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Mao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 7,024
Updated

Added:

October 20-
They Killed Sister Dorothy

November 10-
The Ugly Truth

December 8-
Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince
Julie & Julia

December 15-
The Other Man
Mao is offline  
Old 09-15-09, 09:03 AM
  #23  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 73
Re: DVD Talk New-To-DVD Theatrical Release Calendar & Discussion Thread

This is getting crazy with Night At The Museum and The Hangover. There are movies that came out in July and August that are getting release dates and these two still don't have one.
Phineas is offline  
Old 09-15-09, 09:25 AM
  #24  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: austria
Posts: 1,009
Re: DVD Talk New-To-DVD Theatrical Release Calendar & Discussion Thread

yeah this year is not impatient people
with movies like star trek, terminator salvation and the ones you mentioned, taking 6-7 months until release!
vhs release windows all over again
philip74 is offline  
Old 09-15-09, 11:38 AM
  #25  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 30
Re: DVD Talk New-To-DVD Theatrical Release Calendar & Discussion Thread

Bruno / November 17th 2009 / 2-Disc Blu-ray & 1-Disc DVD /(DVDActive)
71Makaveli96 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.