Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Taking Of Pelham 1 2 3 (11/3/09)

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-09, 06:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Taking Of Pelham 1 2 3 (11/3/09)

"Sony Home Entertainment has sent over details on the recent crime thriller, The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3, which will be released on DVD on the 3rd of November at retail prices of $28.96 (DVD) . The DVD will feature English 5.1 Dolby Digital and French 5.1 Dolby Digital tracks along with English and French subtitles. Extras will include commentary with director Tony Scott, commentary with writer Brian Helgeland and producer Todd Black, and several featurettes including No Time To Lose: The Making of Pelham 1 2 3, The Third Rail: New York Underground, Marketing Pelham, and From the Top Down: Stylizing Character. "
Starring: Denzel Washington, John Travolta
Released: 3rd November 2009
SRP: $28.96 (DVD)

I didnt even see this in theaters but I appreciate Sony giving us very acceptable special Features on the DVD release so I will automatically blind-buy this title. Thank you Sony for not being Douche Bags. You see? It's not that hard to put together a solid release for us DVD folk.
Old 08-18-09, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The Taking Of Pelham 1 2 3 (11/3/09)

Originally Posted by chris_sc77
"Sony Home Entertainment has sent over details on the recent crime thriller, The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3, which will be released on DVD on the 3rd of November at retail prices of $28.96 (DVD) . The DVD will feature English 5.1 Dolby Digital and French 5.1 Dolby Digital tracks along with English and French subtitles. Extras will include commentary with director Tony Scott, commentary with writer Brian Helgeland and producer Todd Black, and several featurettes including No Time To Lose: The Making of Pelham 1 2 3, The Third Rail: New York Underground, Marketing Pelham, and From the Top Down: Stylizing Character. "
Starring: Denzel Washington, John Travolta
Released: 3rd November 2009
SRP: $28.96 (DVD)

I didnt even see this in theaters but I appreciate Sony giving us very acceptable special Features on the DVD release so I will automatically blind-buy this title. Thank you Sony for not being Douche Bags. You see? It's not that hard to put together a solid release for us DVD folk.
First off:

It's an hour and 35 minutes. There you go - double standards again. And this time you're paying $20+ on release day for it.

Second, you're saying you're going to blind buy this because Sony is putting Special Features on it?

Are you for real?
Old 08-18-09, 08:27 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 907 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by mcfly
First off:

It's an hour and 35 minutes. There you go - double standards again. And this time you're paying $20+ on release day for it.

Second, you're saying you're going to blind buy this because Sony is putting Special Features on it?

Are you for real?
why even bother? why does anyone even bother to respond anymore...
Old 08-18-09, 08:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mcfly
First off:

Are you for real?
Do you not know how to tell time or something? Seriously?
Its an hour and forty-Six minutes long. 106 minutes. 1 hr. 46 min. I dont know how many other ways I can say it!

If you are gonna insult me or make fun of me at least you can get your information correct like I Do!
Old 08-18-09, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Do you not know how to tell time or something? Seriously?
Its an hour and forty-Six minutes long. 106 minutes. 1 hr. 46 min. I dont know how many other ways I can say it!

If you are gonna insult me or make fun of me at least you can get your information correct like I Do!
That's still not 2 hours!

Come on man, give it up.
Old 08-18-09, 08:59 PM
Banned

^I Never said it was 2 hours!. Thats the only reason I didnt see this in theaters was because it wasnt 2 hours. I dont have problems with watching shorter films at home.
Im just not gonna go out of my way often to see something in theaters if it doesn't meet my standards
Old 08-18-09, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The new Eddie Murphy movie actually has more features on DVD than on Blu-Ray.
Old 08-18-09, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didnt even see this in theaters but I appreciate Sony giving us very acceptable special Features on the DVD release so I will automatically blind-buy this title.
Hahahahahaha....save your money. I did see this in the theaters, and there is no reason to actually own this one. Just rent it.
Old 08-18-09, 11:13 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^I Never said it was 2 hours!. Thats the only reason I didnt see this in theaters was because it wasnt 2 hours. I dont have problems with watching shorter films at home.
Im just not gonna go out of my way often to see something in theaters if it doesn't meet my standards
What exactly are your full standards anyway? Cuz if it's only the hours mark and an R rating you sure must like very little of what's been out.
Old 08-18-09, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
What exactly are your full standards anyway? Cuz if it's only the hours mark and an R rating you sure must like very little of what's been out.
This one he's buying solely because Sony put special features on it. He hates that studios put exclusives on Blu-ray, yet he buys those too (but apparently doesn't own a player).

Thinking about it will just make your head hurt.
Old 08-18-09, 11:49 PM
Banned

No, I want to hear wtf his standards are. Just seeing his replys on here just leave me bewildered. Like...I almost think he's that guy that just likes to piss people off by saying things that make no sense and make people just annoyed by him. I'd swear that contradicts himself at times and yet he doesn't seem to see that he does. Knowing his standards may or may not clarify that.
Old 08-18-09, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
No, I want to hear wtf his standards are. Just seeing his replys on here just leave me bewildered. Like...I almost think he's that guy that just likes to piss people off by saying things that make no sense and make people just annoyed by him. I'd swear that contradicts himself at times and yet he doesn't seem to see that he does. Knowing his standards may or may not clarify that.
We've all tried getting to the bottom of his rationale and mind.

He states he'll only see films Rated-R and over 2 hours in length in theaters - however, he's seen numerous films that don't meet that standard (i.e. The Proposal and G.I. Joe), but he says that's okay since he didn't have to pay for them.

As for everything else, it's so sporadic. The man thinks he's getting fucked by the studios who put exclusives on Blu-rays, yet he supports the format if the can find the BD cheaper than the standard DVD in stores (yet he doesn't own a Blu-ray player).

He's just going to reiterate what I said or combat it with some non-sense because in his mind this all makes perfect sense.

To Chris, length of film = quality. Doesn't matter if it's an Academy Award winning epic or some piece of schlock. If it's not at least 2 hours, it's just not worth his time.
Old 08-18-09, 11:59 PM
Banned

True..but...he has to have a list or something. My fellow classmates and I just stand bewildered when I read the stuff he types. I mean, we're all film majors and not even we can understand him. And it's hard as fuck to agree in this class..we all have these egos and everything about film yet...we make more sense than his standards.
Old 08-19-09, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this film was lame. I caught this at the dollar theater and it was barely worth that.

I'm getting tired of Denzel Washington and Tony Scott. I will see Book of Eli (for the Hughes Bros.), but any other film these two put out will be a rental.
Old 08-19-09, 03:36 PM

saw an advanced screening of this one. liked it alot & plan on buying.
Thanks for the info. love the special features.
Old 08-19-09, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

This was a good, but unmemorable Denzel and Tony Scott collaboration. Personally, I enjoyed Man on Fire and Deja Vu alot more.

It was cool to see Denzel play an average joe rather than a Cop or some badass.