Reload this Page >

More WB 4 Film Favorites Collections on the way

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

More WB 4 Film Favorites Collections on the way

Old 12-19-12, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: More WB 4 Film Favorites Collections on the way

I already know about Warner brothers release Paramount film titles http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/60...unt-films.html
I looking up in DVDEmpire.com today and looking up any of new 4 Film Favorites and including WB/New Line & Paramount titles coming soon:

- Eddie Murphy: Coming To America, Harlem Nights, Norbit & Boomerang
- Ben Stiller: Tropic Thunder, Zoolander, The Heartbreak Kid & Envy
- Leslie Nielsen: The Naked Gun Trilogy & Wrongfully Accused
- The Bad News Bears Trilogy and 2005 remake
- John Travolta: Domestic Disturbance, Face Off, The General's Daughter & Swordfish
- Urban Life: ATL, Set It Off, New Jack City & Menace II Society
- Contemporary Westerns: Appaloosa, The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford, American Outlaws & Jonah Hex
- Sisterhood: Divine Secrets Of The Ya-Ya Sisterhood, Sex And The City: The Movie, The Women & Now And Then
- Robert Redford: The Great Gatsby, Indecent Proposal, Jeremiah Johnson & All The President's Men
- Richard Gere: Sommersby, American Gigolo, Nights In Rodanthe & An Officer And A Gentleman
- Post-Apocalypse: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dark City & Logan's Run
- Meryl Streep: Bridges Of Madison County, The Hours, Defending Your Life & Heart Burn
- John Grisham: The Client, The Pelican Brief, The Rainmaker & A Time To Kill
Old 04-23-13, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe the fact that it was released under the CBS banner is relevant, and of course it's not a "film," but someone at Warner should get a lash with a wet noodle for not making the fourth disc in the Naked Gun set the one-disc "Police Squad" DVD.

Still, it's nice to see them coming up with new 4-packs with this new library they've been given.
Old 04-23-13, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Looks like some more new ones on 6/4.

Brad Pitt (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button / Babel / Troy / Se7en)
Drew Barrymore (The Wedding Singer / Going the Distance / Home Fries / Music and Lyrics)
Football (Any Given Sunday / We Are Marshall / The Replacements / Wildcats)
John Wayne (The Shootist / El Dorado / True Grit / The Sons of Katie Elder)
Kevin Costner (Robin Hood / Wyatt Earp / JFK / The Postman) (no Thirteen Days??)
Mark Wahlberg (Rock Star / The Perfect Storm / The Corruptor / Three Kings)
Steve McQueen (Bullitt / Papillon / The Hunter / Nevada Smith)
War (The Bridges at Toko-Ri / Hell is For Heroes / Enemy at the Gates / Defiance)
Old 04-23-13, 02:01 AM
Cool New Member

Kevin Costner (Robin Hood / Wyatt Earp / JFK / The Postman) (no Thirteen Days??)

Any indication from the source you found that at if it's going to be the theatrical cut of Robin Hood?
Old 04-23-13, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by RockBallsford

Any indication from the source you found that at if it's going to be the theatrical cut of Robin Hood?
The picture on the art is from the one-disc release.

Old 04-25-13, 04:39 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These collections would be great if most of them weren't flipper discs. I absolutely refuse to knowingly buy flipper discs.
Old 04-26-13, 02:12 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 328 Likes on 247 Posts

Actually, some of these collections would be great if they WERE flipper discs. They seem to be switching to four separate discs, all STACKED on top of each other! I almost picked up the House Party set a few weeks ago (indicated on the cover as two 2-sided discs) when the package didn't feel quite right. I'd remembered reports of people getting four discs in these, so I slit open the shrinkwrap just enough to peek inside, and I saw FOUR discs all STACKED on top of each other! I screamed really loud, throwing it down and running out of the store! I don't see how ANYONE could find a bunch of stacked discs preferable to flipper discs with their own space in the case.
Old 04-26-13, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts

I'm still interested in this series but a bit of the appeal is gone in comparison to the BD three-packs.
Old 04-26-13, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Actually, some of these collections would be great if they WERE flipper discs. They seem to be switching to four separate discs, all STACKED on top of each other! I almost picked up the House Party set a few weeks ago (indicated on the cover as two 2-sided discs) when the package didn't feel quite right. I'd remembered reports of people getting four discs in these, so I slit open the shrinkwrap just enough to peek inside, and I saw FOUR discs all STACKED on top of each other! I screamed really loud, throwing it down and running out of the store! I don't see how ANYONE could find a bunch of stacked discs preferable to flipper discs with their own space in the case.
The one advantage, despite the stacking, comes with the chance that some of these releases were flippers with special feature content on one side and the movie on the other, and so there is a chance that some of these are a better value now than they were before.

I still like these multi-features for movies I just don't think I like enough to own on BD but would own in a group with other movies I liked on the same level. Although, more Blu-Ray multi-feature sets would be appreciated!
Old 04-26-13, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by davidh777
I'm still interested in this series but a bit of the appeal is gone in comparison to the BD three-packs.
I feel the same way. I bought a few of these packs recently (Wolfen/Body Snatchers/Coma/Bad Moon & the Dracula 4 pack) but I'm not as enthused about them as I was even a few months ago.
Old 04-27-13, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 328 Likes on 247 Posts

I'm waaay past the "I don't like this enough to have it on BD" mentality. If it's available on BD, I either get it on that, or not at all. What's annoying about some of these sets is they'll include some movies that are available on BD separately, but some that aren't.
Old 07-28-13, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Three more in the Warner store:

Morgan Freeman: Kiss the Girls / Along Came a Spider / The Shawshank Redemption / Se7en
Samuel L. Jackson: Black Snake Moan / The Negotiator / Snakes on a Plane / Rules of Engagement
Liam Neeson: K-19: The Widowmaker / The Haunting / Clash of the Titans / Unknown
Old 11-19-13, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 581 Likes on 431 Posts

Warner/Paramount Elvis 4-packs in March, all previously available in separate sets from each studio:

Elvis Presley Blues (Jailhouse Rock; Viva Las Vegas; Kid Creole; G.I. Blues):
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GMTGQXS/

Elvis Presley Girls (Girls, Girls, Girls; Girl Happy; Trouble With Girls; Easy Come, Easy Go)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GMTS9RE/

Frankly, they could make a really nice box set containing ALL of the Warner/Paramount Elvis shows instead of somewhat pointless repackagings like these.

Also:

Hilary Swank:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GMTOTVO/