DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   The Mary Tyler Moore Show Season 5 - Oct 6 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/557682-mary-tyler-moore-show-season-5-oct-6-a.html)

hasslein 07-04-09 01:46 PM

The Mary Tyler Moore Show Season 5 - Oct 6

Amazon has a release date of October 6 for The Mary Tyler Moore Show season 5. The question is, can Fox be trusted now, will you make the leap and purchase it, or wait for season 6 & 7 to be released?

RobCA 07-04-09 03:00 PM

Re: The Mary Tyler Moore Show Season 5 - Oct 6

I sold off my Season 1-4 sets when I heard they were planning a complete series set, so I'm waiting for that.

Rob

kstublen 07-04-09 03:08 PM

Holding out for a Complete Series Set, much like I am doing for several other television shows.

brokenhanger 07-04-09 03:56 PM

I still have my S1-4 and doubt there will be anything extra worth trading up for on a complete series set if one is ever released, so at this point it's probably better for me to buy 5-7 individually when/if they are released.

calhoun07 07-05-09 01:32 AM

I'm in. I have no doubt they will finish the series off at this point.

Red Dog 07-06-09 09:45 AM

I'll purchase it. Thank goodness they went back to season sets instead of their complete series plan (no way I would have bought that).

My Other Self 07-06-09 08:23 PM

So they canned The Complete Series set they were releasing just to come out with Season 5?

hasslein 07-06-09 11:41 PM

^They still list the complete series set. For some reason after posting the October 6 release date of season 5 this weekend, they have removed the date, I guess they're waiting for Fox's official announcement...

riley_dude 10-29-09 04:52 PM

Any word on how this is selling and if they will be releasing the last two seasons....before I die??

will travel 11-05-09 01:43 AM

Too bad FOX did a poor job with the package.
No episode list with dates the episodes aired.
The show itself was great. Wish FOX would show it a little more respect.

Chas Speed 11-05-09 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by will travel (Post 9817392)
Too bad FOX did a poor job with the package.
No episode list with dates the episodes aired.
The show itself was great. Wish FOX would show it a little more respect.

The first thing you have to do after buying this set is write out a list of what episodes are on what disc and keep it in the case. I think this was their best season ever.

hasslein 11-06-09 12:00 AM

I wish they would have put a slipcover on it so it would look a little more uniform with other volumes. But at least they released it, and at a great price.

Juicy.Fruit84 11-06-09 12:06 AM

It is a shame of the case change. They have disappointed me with a lot but this was the worst. No episode guide is a real poor idea. It is only one paper after all. I Agree also with hasslein a slipcover would have been nice. The plus side is that we do have these episode's and that's all that really matters.

hasslein 07-16-10 10:20 PM

tvshowsondvd.com says Season 7 on October 5th... Does that mean the complete series set for Christmas?

hasslein 10-06-10 12:13 PM

According to a thread in HTF, apparently although the packaging states the final curtain call is included in season seven, it was left off, and Fox is "investigating"

Fielding Mellish 10-06-10 03:40 PM

Does this mean there's still hope for seasons 5 & 6 of The Bob Newhart Show?