Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

Old 09-22-09, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

There is no Steelbook for SummerSlam in North America. FYE, Best Buy, Kmart, and Walmart are all carrying the regular DVD case with no indication of another version out there.

Looks like you're going to have to find a way to get it from Silvervision if you want it.
Old 09-22-09, 06:41 PM

xage thanks for the post! I remember sitting here reading the site for the first time, the night before One Night Stand came out. PIcked it up thenext day and proceeded to get the ones I missed, and a 'collection' of Blockbuster Exclusives was born.

I picked up Summerslam at Walmart this morning for $9.99 (GOtta love price matching) and then got Victory Road at FYE for the same low price of $9.99. Now the question is when will I watch them....? Good luck and good night my friends.
Old 09-22-09, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
The DG USA dvd will start shipping October 4th. $20 plus $5 shipping at their website. I put my pre-order in already
Which of the 3 dvds they have for sale now would you recommend picking up? Best of Vol 1, Live in LA, or WRestlejam?
Old 09-22-09, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The DG USA dvd will start shipping October 4th. $20 plus $5 shipping at their website. I put my pre-order in already
Preordered mine too. Can't wait to let some friends borrow it so they can be blown away by the show.

From the description in the press release, DG USA is going all out with the packaging and the disc itself.
Old 09-22-09, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For people that got Summerslam 09, is the Aerosmith theme song still intact? or is it dubbed with some generic rock?
Old 09-22-09, 09:40 PM

Not sure if best buy is the only place that does it but i took the kmart ad to best buy and they pricematched summerslam to the 9.99 that kmart was selling it for, so with sales tax i got summerslam for 10.88.
Old 09-22-09, 09:52 PM

Finally got all of 2000 & 2001 on DVD now Picked up the Armageddon 2000 / No Way Out 2001 Tag Classic today
Old 09-22-09, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I picked up Victory Road '09 today at FYE for $9.99. I'm not usually the type who needs to get something on the release date, but I figured with the scarcity of TNA DVDs at Best Buy that I'd act fast. That, and I really enjoyed the event.

Question: do you need a flyer to pricematch? Or could you use a print-up of the k-mart website, or something of the sort?
Old 09-22-09, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
Yeah, I picked up Victory Road '09 today at FYE for $9.99. I'm not usually the type who needs to get something on the release date, but I figured with the scarcity of TNA DVDs at Best Buy that I'd act fast. That, and I really enjoyed the event.

Question: do you need a flyer to pricematch? Or could you use a print-up of the k-mart website, or something of the sort?
I used the actual ad but try to use a print out they are pruty good about that kind of stuff.
Old 09-22-09, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Aces_High
Which of the 3 dvds they have for sale now would you recommend picking up? Best of Vol 1, Live in LA, or WRestlejam?
I haven't seen any of them yet, honestly. I've heard nothing but good things though. Based on the match listings alone, I'd choose Wrestlejam.
Old 09-23-09, 10:37 AM
Cool New Member

I am currently trying to collect all of the WWE/F PPV DVDs. 2003 - the current ones are cake but I had some questions about the older ones that maybe you guys can help me with.

No Way Out 2001: Was this ever released on DVD and if not, why? I know its available on the UK tagged classics and I do have the ability to watch Region 2 but would just rather have a Region 1 version.

Judgment Day 2002: Why did WWE decide to only release this on their web site? Because of that its now like $83 bucks at the cheapest on Amazon. Any one know of a cheaper place to get it.

Tagged Classics: I am looking to get most of the 2003 and 2004 PPV through the US tagged classics. Just want to make sure that they are exactly as the PPVs were originally released.

Thanks!
Old 09-23-09, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by babj311
I am currently trying to collect all of the WWE/F PPV DVDs. 2003 - the current ones are cake but I had some questions about the older ones that maybe you guys can help me with.

No Way Out 2001: Was this ever released on DVD and if not, why? I know its available on the UK tagged classics and I do have the ability to watch Region 2 but would just rather have a Region 1 version.

Judgment Day 2002: Why did WWE decide to only release this on their web site? Because of that its now like $83 bucks at the cheapest on Amazon. Any one know of a cheaper place to get it.

Tagged Classics: I am looking to get most of the 2003 and 2004 PPV through the US tagged classics. Just want to make sure that they are exactly as the PPVs were originally released.

Thanks!
No Way Out 2001 : It wasnt a brought out on DVD cause WWE decided after Backlash 2001 that they'll release their PPV's on DVD

Judgment Day 2002 : You can get it through Silvervision for £13.99, which is the cheapest I've seen anywhere, well I got it for free from a mate so :P

US Tag Classics : I own No Mercy & Survivor Series 2003, I can safely say they're just like the original PPV's
Old 09-23-09, 02:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by babj311

Thanks!
The Tagged Classics in UK usually have the PPV without any edits. The US versions of Tagged Classics are just a repackaging of old PPVs and they may have edits that could range from music changes to commentary edits to match re-editing for any blown spots.
Old 09-23-09, 09:30 PM

I'm going to throw out a recommendation for Best of Dragon Gate Vol. 1. Great intro to true Dragon Gate action and well worth checking out.
Old 09-23-09, 10:38 PM

The Diva Battle Royal special feature on the SummerSlam 09 dvd is just a bunch of highlights with music in the background...Stupid. I know there probably wasnt anything great during the match, but c'mon, seriously...show the whole thing.
Old 09-23-09, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by l8nerduke32
The Diva Battle Royal special feature on the SummerSlam 09 dvd is just a bunch of highlights with music in the background...Stupid. I know there probably wasnt anything great during the match, but c'mon, seriously...show the whole thing.
That sucks. The WWE has been severely lacking on their PPV DVD's for the last year or so.
Old 09-24-09, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I haven't seen any of them yet, honestly. I've heard nothing but good things though. Based on the match listings alone, I'd choose Wrestlejam.

I also ordered Wrestlejam. I already have the Best of DVD (plus I'm a Chris Bosh mark and he happens to be on the Wrestlejam DVD). At some point I'm sure I'll pick up the Live in LA DVD, too.
Old 09-24-09, 04:19 AM

Aparrently Summerslam DVD has the "You Gotta Move" theme dubbed with production music like Kid Rock's song was dubbed when Santina Marrella was celebrating on the Wrestlemania 25 DVD.
Old 09-24-09, 10:08 AM

Silvervision said on Facebook that if youy buy all of the volumes of the Survivor Series Anthology, you will be able to get a FREE empty box to put them all in.
Old 09-24-09, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does anyone know if there were any easter eggs on the TNA Lockdown 2009 DVD?
Old 09-24-09, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Cory02
Preordered mine too. Can't wait to let some friends borrow it so they can be blown away by the show.

From the description in the press release, DG USA is going all out with the packaging and the disc itself.
I planned to pre-order it today but $15 shipping to the UK is just crazy.
Old 09-24-09, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any of you guys been noticing on these WWE DVDs that they're turning up the music on their shows and you can barely hear the announcers commentating? What's going on here and yes, the Diva Battle Royal sucked but just highlights of it? Give me a break!
Old 09-24-09, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dillkid
Silvervision said on Facebook that if youy buy all of the volumes of the Survivor Series Anthology, you will be able to get a FREE empty box to put them all in.

Lets hope we get that option as well.
Old 09-25-09, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 195 Likes on 151 Posts

Out of curiousity, have there been any plans to re-issue Wrestlemania 17 on DVD? I know it went out of print due to it still having the WWF logos in but since other manias have been released (like 3) that also had the issue but covered it up. I still think that in terms of ring action, WM 17 was the best, but I can't seem to find it.
Old 09-25-09, 10:29 AM
Banned

It was re-released as part of the Wrestlemania boxset and I don't think they have plans to revisit.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.