Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

Old 09-16-09, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

Originally Posted by sliccric2006
Yes, I was there today and all they had was the regular dvd with the Lenticular cover.

Does anyone know if FYE actually released "The Best Of Smackdown" 2-pack bundle? Can anyone confirm?
Yes they did, I picked one up yesterday. My store had about 8 2 pack bundles
Old 09-16-09, 07:39 PM

Jeff's DVD has been shelved for the time being, and the ROH sale is awesome - I snagged a bunch of $5 stuff a few weeks back, including the Vol. 2+3 Heenan and Cornette , Mitchell, Mero, and Tom Prichard shoots, and have the Cornette and Pringle, Francine, and Straight Shootin' with Joe shoots, and Best of AJ Styles Volume 2 DVDs coming soon.

Last edited by JPeeples; 09-16-09 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-16-09, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by md2810
The ones with Jim Cornette and Bobby Heenan are pure gold. Especially Vol 3 where they are at Cornette's house looking at his wrestling memorabilia + a sit down with Heenan (what more could you want - THE two greatest wrestling managers EVER!)
I totally agree! Heenan and Cornette 3 is amazing! Cornette's memorabilia collection is an incredible sight. There are not too many guys in the business who have collected stuff like Cornette has. I hope that eventually it can be displayed in some type of exibit or museum, with no WWE involvement so they can't change any of the history...lol.
Old 09-16-09, 09:39 PM

I'm so happy to see people shopping with ROH! I usually avoid this thread because it's pretty much all WWE talk. I loathe WWE's current product, but I'll occasionally pick up the wrestler sets or federation specific ones like AWA, WCW, ECW etc.

I own over 100 ROH DVDs and I just bought Best of Chikara. I plan on starting a small collection of PWG too. I'll be buying every Dragon Gate USA DVD as they come out too.

I own almost a complete set of TNA, but lately the PPVs have not been "must have" DVDs.

ROH fans unite! Let's convert a few more people so we don't have to hear about the Batista "I Walk Alone" DVD on this thread! LOL
Old 09-16-09, 09:48 PM

Aw, crap in a hat! Gohastings.com does not ship to Canada!

Anyone wanna help a Canuck brother get some Shimmer DVDs?
Old 09-17-09, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by espin
I'm so happy to see people shopping with ROH! I usually avoid this thread because it's pretty much all WWE talk. I loathe WWE's current product, but I'll occasionally pick up the wrestler sets or federation specific ones like AWA, WCW, ECW etc.

I own over 100 ROH DVDs and I just bought Best of Chikara. I plan on starting a small collection of PWG too. I'll be buying every Dragon Gate USA DVD as they come out too.

I own almost a complete set of TNA, but lately the PPVs have not been "must have" DVDs.

ROH fans unite! Let's convert a few more people so we don't have to hear about the Batista "I Walk Alone" DVD on this thread! LOL
Your wright, I also hate the WWE today (Smackdown is ok-and the best WWE we have), and the Batista dvd will suck balls. Smackdown will too with Batista on it, so take it away with roh talk
Old 09-17-09, 09:32 AM

I was going to try out the Cornette/Watts Vols 1&2 and Cornette/Heenan vol 3, but the sale is over. No biggie, I'll wait out til the next sale hits.

Anyone got any good sites to buy wrestlng dvds from on the cheap? I'm tired of the usual (HIghspots, roh website, rf, etc). Any direction would be great, looking for obscure historical stuff on the business.
Old 09-17-09, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hitman tommy
I highly recommend watching this immediately once you recieve it. It's a very interesting look at their trilogy, and they tell some really great and funny stories.
you prob won't see Homicide in the same way again
Spoiler:
hey YO PUNK, I'M TAKIN A PISS
Also theres an amusing Gabe Spafoski temper tantrum story too.
Old 09-17-09, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Aces_High
I was going to try out the Cornette/Watts Vols 1&2 and Cornette/Heenan vol 3, but the sale is over. No biggie, I'll wait out til the next sale hits.
The newest sale has begun and you can still get these for $5 each plus 10% off of your total order.
Old 09-17-09, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
The newest sale has begun and you can still get these for $5 each plus 10% off of your total order.
OK well that's not that bad, I wouldve saved what, $0.50 more if I ordered last night? No biggie. I bought Guest Booker Cornette & WWE 2000 Timeline with Rikishi at 20% off....I'm going to go for the two Watts/Corny & Vol 3 Heenan/Corny to check them out.

What are the dates and the name of the shows the Punk/joe Trilogy took place on? Are they worth the price? Also are the multiple Danielson compilations? If so, which ones are the best to get?
Old 09-17-09, 10:50 AM
Cool New Member

same here. i have every ROH show up to date. took me a lot of money and searching but i did it. im working on PWG right now and as soon as the DGUSA start coming out i will be buying those. only E dvds i buy now are Superstar and Best Ofs.
Old 09-17-09, 10:58 AM

i with you guys, smackdown is ok but raw sucks, i have not seen it worser than it is now, same fueds, boring storylines, no good wrestling

-how many raw ppv main events have we seen in the last 3 years without the names cena/orton/hhh
-dx was fun, fun 12 years ago
-no fresh talent, no great wrestling matches

instead of watching wwe live programming most old fans watch there dvds instead
Old 09-17-09, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

http://www.rohwrestling.com/shoponli...id=186&id=3199.
Description:
Bryan Danielson has been a part of Ring of Honor since day one and in that time has evolved into the wrestler many call “The Best In The World”. With devastating strikes, unmatched technical precision, and an unparalleled intensity, “The American Dragon” reigned as ROH World Champion for fifteen months and set a record for successful title defenses. Danielson has been a part of many of the greatest matches in ROH history and this DVD is a showcase of just some of those epic confrontations…
1. Bryan Danielson vs. Spanky...Best of the American Super Juniors- 4/24/05
2. Bryan Danielson vs. James Gibson...(ROH World Title Match) Glory By Honor IV- 9/17/05
3. Bryan Danielson vs. Nigel McGuinness...(ROH World Title vs. Pure Title Unification Match) Unified- 8/12/06
4. Bryan Danielson vs. KENTA...(ROH World Title Match) Glory By Honor V Night 2- 9/16/06
5. Bryan Danielson vs. Takeshi Morishima...(ROH World Title Match) Manhattan Mayhem II- 8/25/07
6. Bryan Danielson vs. Tyler Black...Breakout 1/25/08

and its only 15 bucks too. This dvd is great (i have all the matches individually on dvd), and is a great place to start to see why he is considered the best in the world (for the WWE fan
Old 09-17-09, 02:08 PM

I decided to pick up Heenan/Cornette Vol. 2 and 3, and the AJ/Daniels shoot after checking out this thread last night. Can't wait to get them. How long does it usually take for an order to arrive from ROH? I have ordered from them before, but it was years ago and I can't recall.
Old 09-17-09, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by BretFan1
I decided to pick up Heenan/Cornette Vol. 2 and 3, and the AJ/Daniels shoot after checking out this thread last night. Can't wait to get them. How long does it usually take for an order to arrive from ROH? I have ordered from them before, but it was years ago and I can't recall.
The new sale on ROH is awesome! I'll be grabbing French Connection and the Danielson best of. I live in Canada and I usually get ROH orders in 10 days to two weeks.

Also, if anyone wants to see the Joe/Punk trilogy, you can buy the CM Punk Vol. 3 best of DVD as all three matches (World Title Classic, Joe vs. Punk II, All Star Extravaganza II) are all on the one DVD. It's also on sale for 10 bucks right now and you get 10% off.

Also, in my opinion, all these shoots are great and 5 bucks is a sweet price.

-Straight Shootin’ with CM Punk & Samoa Joe
GOLD!
-Straight Shootin’ with Lance Storm
-Straight Shootin’ with Jim Cornette & Bobby Heenan Vol. 2
-Straight Shootin’ with Jim Cornette & Bobby Heenan Vol. 3
-Straight Shootin’ with Jim Mitchell (Hilarious!!)
-Straight Shootin’ with Terry Funk & Shane Douglas
-Straight Shootin’ with Percy Pringle Vol. 1
-Straight Shootin’ with Percy Pringle Vol. 2
-Straight Shootin’ with Jim Cornette & Percy Pringle
-Straight Shootin’ with AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels
-Straight Shootin’ with Samoa Joe
Old 09-17-09, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by bmp5524
same here. i have every ROH show up to date. took me a lot of money and searching but i did it. im working on PWG right now and as soon as the DGUSA start coming out i will be buying those. only E dvds i buy now are Superstar and Best Ofs.
You have every ROH show to date? You are AWESOME! I'd love to see a picture of that!
Old 09-17-09, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The new sale on ROH is awesome! I'll be grabbing French Connection and the Danielson best of. I live in Canada and I usually get ROH orders in 10 days to two weeks.

Also, if anyone wants to see the Joe/Punk trilogy, you can buy the CM Punk Vol. 3 best of DVD as all three matches (World Title Classic, Joe vs. Punk II, All Star Extravaganza II) are all on the one DVD. It's also on sale for 10 bucks right now and you get 10% off.
the only thing is that the first 2 matches are only the final 15 minutes since both of those matches are 60 min matches
Old 09-17-09, 03:12 PM
Cool New Member

You have every ROH show to date? You are AWESOME! I'd love to see a picture of that!
done. i will post some pics later when i get home from work.......i just ordered all of the PWG from this yr. they havent had a bad show (let alone bad match).

in terms of Indy Feds

PWG 09>>>>>>>>
Old 09-17-09, 03:17 PM
Cool New Member

Also, if anyone wants to see the Joe/Punk trilogy, you can buy the CM Punk Vol. 3 best of DVD as all three matches (World Title Classic, Joe vs. Punk II, All Star Extravaganza II) are all on the one DVD.
only bad thing is that the matches (WTC and II) only have the final 15minutes

Last edited by bmp5524; 09-17-09 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-17-09, 03:31 PM

only bad thing is that the matches (WTC and II) only have the final 15minutes
Ahh, good point, I forgot about that! World Title Classic is my favorite of the three cause the crowd reaction is so amazing.

It's too bad that the new American Dragon DVD was not multi-disc with some type of interview portion too, but I guess they kinda had to rush it out. I bought it anyways, cause you really can't go wrong with Danielson.

A Nigel DVD would be sweet too. I'd love to see a Nigel shoot someday.
Old 09-17-09, 03:33 PM

done. i will post some pics later when i get home from work.......i just ordered all of the PWG from this yr. they havent had a bad show (let alone bad match).

in terms of Indy Feds

PWG 09>>>>>>>>
I need some help getting started on PWG. They have a few "combo" deals on their website right now. In your opinion are any of them good? ...or should I just wait for the next ROH 25-35% off sale and buy 2009 PWG DVDs from ROH's site?
Old 09-17-09, 03:45 PM
Cool New Member

I need some help getting started on PWG. They have a few "combo" deals on their website right now. In your opinion are any of them good? ...or should I just wait for the next ROH 25-35% off sale and buy 2009 PWG DVDs from ROH's site?
i dont order much on the PWG site bc they take sloooooooow. the combo deals they have are pretty good. yes next time ROH has a big sale try and get as many of the shows from 09t hat you can they truly are amazing

BOLA (get every yr....great tournament)
All Star Weekend V and VI are worth grabbing
PWG Sells out - covers the great matches till July 08
Old 09-17-09, 06:02 PM
Cool New Member

here is my collection.....mostly ROH. i gave away most of my WWE PPvs to my cousin. but anyways here it is. i have been collecting for about 2 yrs now

http://img35.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dsc03939s.jpg
Old 09-17-09, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

i have every ROH show up to date. took me a lot of money and searching but i did it. im working on PWG right now and as soon as the DGUSA start coming out i will be buying those.
Same for me. Finding a lot of those old OOP ROH shows was quite a battle but it was worth it when I finally had them on hand.

I'm contemplating getting into PWG. Next time ROH has a 25%+ off sale, I'll probably get a few. I've really heard nothing but good things.

I've heard that the first DGUSA dvd will be out on October 4th. Looking very forward to that one.
Old 09-17-09, 09:31 PM

PWG is awesome.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.