Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-09, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

im not familiar with blue ray, i thought it was just a clearer disc that dvd and that it could pack more hours onto each disk
what other interactive features are you talking about?
Old 09-01-09, 04:51 PM

I would love a Bobby Heenan DVD. It could be a mix of interviews, matches he wrestled in, matches when he was managing members of the Heenan Family, matches where he was great on commentary and all of the Bobby Heenan Show segments from Prime Time.
Old 09-01-09, 07:02 PM

I have a question, who here actually owns the Trish Stratus Collector's Edition? I know if I ever find it, it'll be the most I'd ever pay for a dvd simply because of it's rarity. If Throwback didn't shwo pics of his, I'd doubt it's existence.

Let's talk about oddball variants. Such as the first 6 TNA PPV's on dvd, that were sold on the TNA Website-they all have cover variants that are different from those released at retail. I personally own 4 of the 6.

Another would be GAB2004-horrible ppv, but, there are 2 different cover variants-the variant (Face) I just got days ago.

Then there's the more recent variants, such as the Summerslam 2004 dvd cover-the variant of which was released in the 3pack from Circuit in 2007, and should be available in the just released "Tagged Classics".

Any other variants that can be brought up would be great.

I'll have pics of my collection later tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited by Aces_High; 09-01-09 at 07:07 PM.
Old 09-01-09, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Aces_High
I have a question, who here actually owns the Trish Stratus Collector's Edition? I know if I ever find it, it'll be the most I'd ever pay for a dvd simply because of it's rarity. If Throwback didn't shwo pics of his, I'd doubt it's existence.
I own the Trish Stratus FYE Collector's Edition Exclusive. 2 have just recently been sold on the auction site for about $70 and $85 respectively.
Old 09-01-09, 09:24 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
But again, awesome collection. Throwback should display his stuff chronologically.
LOL maybe some other time dude, haven't updated that much recently. though the local News & Public Affairs Program show in Manila, Recently Featured my Collection on TV during the last WWE in Manila tour there.

@derangedhermit: awesome collection man!

Regarding the trish dvd actually i posted it here years ago dude (old threads).
http://throwbackchampion.blogspot.co...ction-dvd.html

Got it used along w/ The Videos Ramped up Vol. 1. no luck finding the bonus bobblehead though. Only have the Hulk Still Rules Set w/ Bonus Bobblehead & Forceable Entry CD.

Anyways for other oddball oop wwe dvd variants & exclusives that you're looking for man. the photos & info are already posted on my website. most notably check the old entry archives, others not found their are posted in my old Wrestlingfigs thread.
Old 09-01-09, 11:05 PM

What are the odds of finding a SEALED copy of the Trish FYE w/Bobblehead................or is that TRUELY THE IMPOSSIBLE?
Old 09-02-09, 12:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey does anyone know how soon wal-mart puts up the new tagged Classic releases. I just went to two local stores today and neither had them, they had some of the older ones, but not the ones just released today. I would get them at Best Buy, but they are usually priced cheaper at Wal-Mart. Does anyone know if they wait a week or two put those releases out? I know they put out all the other releases out right away.
Old 09-02-09, 02:12 AM

I have a question, who here actually owns the Trish Stratus Collector's Edition?
I have it.

Last edited by Prowler; 09-02-09 at 02:14 AM.
Old 09-02-09, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by doctaheath78
What are the odds of finding a SEALED copy of the Trish FYE w/Bobblehead................or is that TRUELY THE IMPOSSIBLE?
We all have better odds of being personally contacted by Vinny Mac to run the WWE Home Video division than finding a sealed copy.

As for dream DVDs, I'd love to see the rest of the Legends of Wrestling episodes released.
Old 09-02-09, 08:55 AM
Cool New Member

Let's talk about oddball variants. Such as the first 6 TNA PPV's on dvd, that were sold on the TNA Website-they all have cover variants that are different from those released at retail. I personally own 4 of the 6.

Another would be GAB2004-horrible ppv, but, there are 2 different cover variants-the variant (Face) I just got days ago.

Then there's the more recent variants, such as the Summerslam 2004 dvd cover-the variant of which was released in the 3pack from Circuit in 2007, and should be available in the just released "Tagged Classics".

Any other variants that can be brought up would be great.

I'll have pics of my collection later tonight or tomorrow.
There were two different cover variants of the $1,000,000 Tough Enough DVD. One has white letters while the other has red letters. I have both and can post pics if anyone wants to see them.
Old 09-02-09, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Picked up WWF SummerSlam 2000 and WWF Royal Rumble 2001 on ebay, new and sealed.
Old 09-02-09, 12:36 PM

You hardcore collecters with every single version of every thing released, do you actualy open them and watch them? Becuase I want every dvd e.t.c that has been released and the ones that I have a open and watch. Even though I want every title released in Reigon 2, for instance I wouldn't buy the Normal, the Tin & The Blu Ray edition of Wrestlemania 24.
Old 09-02-09, 01:12 PM

I've got some rare dvds, if anyone is interested in trading OR SELLING the Trish dvd please PM me asap. Thanks.

And by the way the auction site means the bay-e correct? I swear I search the site nearly daily for the trish dvd and have never, ever (aside from that one time about a year ago there was a fake one that sold for $100+) seen it in over 2+ years since I first read about it on this site, yet the legend always exists that a handful have just recently sold. Pretty f'ng frustrating!
Old 09-02-09, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dillkid
You hardcore collecters with every single version of every thing released, do you actualy open them and watch them? Becuase I want every dvd e.t.c that has been released and the ones that I have a open and watch. Even though I want every title released in Reigon 2, for instance I wouldn't buy the Normal, the Tin & The Blu Ray edition of Wrestlemania 24.
To each his own. Some are just collectors, some are collectors who have a separate copy to watch, and others just watch. I don't quite understand the need to own multiple copies of the same disc, but then again, I go out of my way to get steelbook exclusives, so who am I to judge?
Old 09-02-09, 02:21 PM

Here's pics of my collection. Complete WWE PPV collection on dvd. Complete TNA DVD Collection. Only stuff I'm missing are a handful of the Attitude DVDs, Diva DVDs, and some other random, but common stuff here and there (Such as the Ramped UP Videos dvd). As mentioned many times I dont have the Stratus Collector's Edition dvd. I'd have to say my most cherished dvd not pictured is the WWE Live & Unscripted DVD that was an exclusive mail away from the WWE magazine. Enjoy...

Old 09-02-09, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Preeety...
Old 09-02-09, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
bischoff was a genius, fans claim vince is the real genius and bischoff stole ideas, its funny how when vince steals wcw and ecw stuff he is called a genuis and bischoff gets no credit

attitude started in wcw with the nwo and the fresh cruiserweights, it was not until after they took over the ratings vince was forced to follow and in a sense copy from wcw, bischoff made himself a character long before the screwjob yet vince gets all the credit

wcw failed cause nobody cared about wrestling besides turner, eric did not want to do thunder and was forced to be more PG, im sure he made some mistakes just like everybody does including vince mcmahon, but wcw would still be around today if they gave him more control and let him run the company his way, making nash the booker and giving hogan creative control didnt help much either, there was alot of crap backstage in wcw, ego's that were not team players like nash/hogan and managament that never gave a dam about wcw and wanted it off tbs/tnt

bischoff was the guy who changed wrestling forever and deserves the credit for the attitude era along with paul heyman(who might be better than both mcmahon and eric) not vince, vince just followed suit, if vince is the god of wrestling how come he ruined the invasion angle and since wcw/ecw was bought out wrestling has not been the same?

p.s.macnorton i think tna should not worry about wwe, nor wcw/ecw shouldnt, focus on your own product, maybe keep an eye out for what there doing but focus on how to make your own product better, bischoff coming out on a harley and bragging how he beat raw in ratings i think was a mistake

It is a shame that Bischoff doesn't get more credit. He created a format of wrestling where the lines of reality and kayfabe were blurred. When Hall and Nash first evaded and got backstage into the production booth, you had to wonder if it was all scripted or not. Also, when Ric Flair got in the ring to bash Bischoff, I don't think that was scripted.

It made for must see tv as anything could happen, and WCW was so unpredictable. He created the ultimate heel heat with the NWO, and became the boss that everyone loved to hate. Vince completely stole the evil boss idea.

Now the WWE is just so pathetically boring. The last gasp of excitement was the return of Jericho.
Old 09-02-09, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Aces High: Holy crap!! That's impressive.
Old 09-02-09, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here's pics of my collection. Complete WWE PPV collection on dvd. Complete TNA DVD Collection. Only stuff I'm missing are a handful of the Attitude DVDs, Diva DVDs, and some other random, but common stuff here and there (Such as the Ramped UP Videos dvd). As mentioned many times I dont have the Stratus Collector's Edition dvd. I'd have to say my most cherished dvd not pictured is the WWE Live & Unscripted DVD that was an exclusive mail away from the WWE magazine. Enjoy...

Looks like you are missing the Wrestlemania complete anthology boxset, and Royal Rumble boxsets.
Old 09-02-09, 04:21 PM

I've got some rare dvds, if anyone is interested in trading OR SELLING the Trish dvd please PM me asap. Thanks.

And by the way the auction site means the bay-e correct? I swear I search the site nearly daily for the trish dvd and have never, ever (aside from that one time about a year ago there was a fake one that sold for $100+) seen it in over 2+ years since I first read about it on this site, yet the legend always exists that a handful have just recently sold. Pretty f'ng frustrating!
There was one up in July for $200 B-I-N and an auction for one in August that I almost won for $30 if there wasn't a last-minute bidding war that jacked it up to $85.
Old 09-02-09, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is the rare Trish DVD the 100% Stratusfaction DVD? I didn't think that one was that rare, is there another?
Old 09-02-09, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by BravesMG
Is the rare Trish DVD the 100% Stratusfaction DVD? I didn't think that one was that rare, is there another?
It's the Collector's Edition version that was available briefly at FYE when it first came out that's rare. Has extra matches and segments and came with a mini bobblehead apparently.
Old 09-02-09, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DerangedHermit
It's the Collector's Edition version that was available briefly at FYE when it first came out that's rare. Has extra matches and segments and came with a mini bobblehead apparently.
Ah ok, thanks. I've always wondered about that.
Old 09-03-09, 02:11 AM

lol I bet some peeps are gonna be moaning about all the pics now.
Old 09-03-09, 03:27 AM

Here's pics of my collection. Complete WWE PPV collection on dvd. Complete TNA DVD Collection.
Awesome pictures.

Great collection!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.