Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-09, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

its part of wcw's story, call it beating a dead horse or whatever you want to call it but its important to the story, lots of fans will watch this dvd and this will be there only thoughts on wcw, its a flase history, plus i want it on there as do most older fans because it was a huge part of wcw

you think in telling wwe's story they should not included stone cold cause everybody knows about him, thats weird to say the least

and what about bischoff answering to the suits who did not care for wrestling and forced him to be more PG and wanted thunder on tbs when bischoff never wanted any of it, i watered down the product and how are you going to compete with mcmahon when he has "attitude", vince made sure to leave that out of the story didnt you good ol vince
Old 08-26-09, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
its part of wcw's story, call it beating a dead horse or whatever you want to call it but its important to the story, lots of fans will watch this dvd and this will be there only thoughts on wcw, its a flase history, plus i want it on there as do most older fans because it was a huge part of wcw

you think in telling wwe's story they should not included stone cold cause everybody knows about him, thats weird to say the least

and what about bischoff answering to the suits who did not care for wrestling and forced him to be more PG and wanted thunder on tbs when bischoff never wanted any of it, i watered down the product and how are you going to compete with mcmahon when he has "attitude", vince made sure to leave that out of the story didnt you good ol vince
I think you missed the point I was making. It isn't so much that it's a part of history, it simply isn't vital to this DVD.

The same would go for the Stone Cold portion of the WWE history. Not a lot of time has to be spent on the subject, because we all know how important it was to begin with.
Old 08-26-09, 03:16 PM

"isn't vital" so your saying cause if people know about something it should barely be mentioned?

i couldn't disagree with you more, when telling a story you need to tell the WHOLE story and spend time on the important things

if you told stone cold story would u fly through his entire wwe career simply cause people know it, of course not devote many chapters to it cause thats a huge part of his career

how would u make a austin doc?and you have 2 hours?
i would probably spend atleast half on that time on his wwe career, your logic suggests i should spend maybe 5 min
Old 08-26-09, 03:17 PM

p.s. i dont mean anything by this so dont take it the wrong way, but how old are you?just curious
Old 08-26-09, 03:39 PM

"isn't vital" so your saying cause if people know about something it should barely be mentioned?

i couldn't disagree with you more, when telling a story you need to tell the WHOLE story and spend time on the important things

if you told stone cold story would u fly through his entire wwe career simply cause people know it, of course not devote many chapters to it cause thats a huge part of his career

how would u make a austin doc?and you have 2 hours?
i would probably spend atleast half on that time on his wwe career, your logic suggests i should spend maybe 5 min
I'm simply looking at it from the grand scheme. If you are doing a piece on the 60's let's say, would you want the entire focus to be on JFK's death and Vietnam? No, since much more happened. I am not saying you need to spend a few seconds on it, but you don't need to have a lengthy piece on it.

Also, no offense taken, it is a discussion. And I am 27.
Old 08-26-09, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm absolutely with macnorton. There's an nWo DVD out there that's dedicated just to them and a Monday Night Wars DVD that chronicles the ratings battle. There's a time limit on the doc, it's not Ken Burns Baseball, so I'd rather them cover as much new ground as possible while making sure to mention other major issues without dwelling on them.
Old 08-26-09, 05:59 PM

they never even mentioned it AT ALL, in a 60s doc they would atleast mention JFK

and not everybody buying this dvd buys every little dvd wwe releases, so maybe they dont know about how they misused bret hart

also about bischoff forcing to be more PG and having to do thunder on tbs, both these topics were not discussed on any dvd to my knowledge, a clear example of mcmahon bias, how was eric suppose to be compete with attitude when he was forced to be family, how long would that take to put on the dvd? 1 short chapter at most especially since its clearly important
Old 08-26-09, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

they never even mentioned it AT ALL, in a 60s doc they would atleast mention JFK

and not everybody buying this dvd buys every little dvd wwe releases, so maybe they dont know about how they misused bret hart

also about bischoff forcing to be more PG and having to do thunder on tbs, both these topics were not discussed on any dvd to my knowledge, a clear example of mcmahon bias, how was eric suppose to be compete with attitude when he was forced to be family, how long would that take to put on the dvd? 1 short chapter at most especially since its clearly important
Aren't you the primary person in this forum that is constantly harping on WWE dvd releases for having matches that have appeared on other sets? I'm sorry, but I find it hilarious how you change your viewpoints when it is something you have a big personal interest in.
Old 08-26-09, 07:32 PM

Can anyone tell me how long the actual documentary is for the Rise and Fall of WCW? Im contimplating watching it tonight but with work in the morning, if it's more then an hour and a half, I don't really want to start it tonight and finish tomorrow..
Old 08-26-09, 08:57 PM

hold on sexualpudding, firstly you have bias against me for past arguments, obviously you will take whoever side im not one, frankly i dont care

secondly i said i hated when matches were released over and over, like perfect/hart SS92, how many sets has that match been on, i think 4, and wcw has so many classic matches to choose from i hate it when they choose matches that should not be on the set

im happy about the set, its a good dvd, but could of been better, if they release a best of set with all the stuff no included on this dvd in the future ill be happy

p.s.its funny how people gang up on me and attack me to make themself feel better, i ask who really is the one with the problems?
Old 08-26-09, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by BobVersion1
Can anyone tell me how long the actual documentary is for the Rise and Fall of WCW? Im contimplating watching it tonight but with work in the morning, if it's more then an hour and a half, I don't really want to start it tonight and finish tomorrow..
1hr and 45 minutes.
Old 08-26-09, 09:20 PM

how come its 1:45 and rise and fall of ecw was nearly 3 hours?, that extra hour would of done wonders for the story?
Old 08-26-09, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

how come its 1:45 and rise and fall of ecw was nearly 3 hours?, that extra hour would of done wonders for the story?
McMahon bias.
Old 08-26-09, 09:58 PM

For the casual fan, yes you are on the money. But reality is, casual fans are not buying this set. And they (like me), don't want a rehash of stuff already out there.

As BravesMG pointed at, two DVD's are already available pertaining to those specific topics. And the doc is almost two hours, my guess is they packed a lot more information the die hards probably don't know onto the set.

Not to sound condescending, but you have to take this for what it is, rather than what it isn't. Otherwise you are going to be disappointed almost every time.
Old 08-26-09, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dubya
McMahon bias.
I disagree. WCW was a bunch of promotions rolled into one giant one...so there is a "splinter" history to it. ECW was one brand from the beginning and unlike WCW, it has never died.

Being from the greater area (I live about an hour away from Philly), I can tell you every show I go to, be it WWE, TNA, ROH...they all chant ECW to this day. Can you name any other brand that can do that?

But that doc is excellent...although I wish there was more on the guys not employed by Vince (New Jack, Eliminators, and so on).
Old 08-26-09, 11:07 PM

This is a wrestling dvd discussion.........stick to the actual dvd.........chuck.
Old 08-27-09, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Does anyone here know if the Sgt. Slaughter/Iron Shiek boot camp match from '84 has been in any of the past WWE DVD releases? I've been dying to see that match again, and all I can find is a match between the two that is on the "Greatest Wrestlers of the 80's" release, but I believe it is a different match.
Old 08-27-09, 02:09 AM

From JR's blog:

Many WWE Superstars and I did interviews Tuesday afternoon for an upcoming Jeff Hardy DVD that will be released in a few weeks. I don't know how many talents were involved but there were several. John Cena was included as he and I visited about this project Tuesday evening in Phoenix.
Old 08-27-09, 03:10 AM

I didn't see the need to include the Hulk Hogan Vs Ric Flair match from Bash At the Beach 1994, as it is already on the 2006 Hulk Hogan DVD. They probably show clips of Hogan entering WCW anyway. I would have prefered to see there Halloween Havoc match.
Old 08-27-09, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Just saw the documentary. I stopped following wrestling very early in this decade, but was so impressed with the "The Rise & Fall Of ECW" that I decided I had to pick this up.

What a letdown it was. I really felt like they totally glazed over the Monday night wars, although I guess you could argue that was addressed in another dvd. I also would've loved to see a bit more on the Russo situation. It was also surprisingly short. Ugh.
Old 08-27-09, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At one point, I was seriously considering getting this just for the documentary, but going by all the reviews here, I'm not so sure. If I see it for a good price maybe, but this one is losing its "must buy" status pretty quickly.
Old 08-27-09, 10:46 AM

you should still buy the dvd for the matches alone, plus if it sells out fast they might release more wcw stuff, and yes i would like there to have been moe matches and special features instead of the doc, i knew from day one there would be problems with it, so many egos blaming eachother, mcmahon bias, etc, its just not going to work

surprised to see a jeff hardy dvd coming it it only a few weeks, what matches would you like to be one it, if its a 3 disc dvd what would u put on it
Old 08-27-09, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a few I'd like to see:

-vs. CM Punk - Night of Champions 2009
-vs. CM Punk - SmackDown, late July 2009
-vs. Edge vs. Triple H - Armageddon 2008
-vs. Triple H - SmackDown, November 2008
-vs. Shawn Michaels - February 2008
-vs. Umaga - Steel Cage Match - RAW, January 2008
-vs. Triple H- Armageddon 2007
-vs. Umaga - Night after Survivor Series 2007
-vs. Johnny Nitro - The ones where actually wins the IC Title
Old 08-27-09, 12:55 PM

any chance his match with punk on this weeks smackdown will be on it, heard its a instant classic
Old 08-27-09, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I highly doubt it, due to:

Spoiler:
him losing the match and it being the kayfabe reason he leaves the promotion.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.