Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

no just would like to have it early, if you dont like it dont post
Old 08-20-09, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
no just would like to have it early, if you dont like it dont post
Don't be such a baby about it, man. It was just a light hearted joke. This isn't your own personal message board.
Old 08-20-09, 05:22 PM

i understand its not my personal board, its a wwe dvd board, not to bash other people like you just did, i will forgive if you say sorry
Old 08-20-09, 06:17 PM

When will chuckliddell be banned from this forum?

The SummerSlam steelbook looks awesome. I wish they would release Blu-ray in steelbook here in he states.
Old 08-20-09, 06:22 PM

i wish they would phucking release blu-rays, period!
Old 08-20-09, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by deto
i wish they would phucking release blu-rays, period!
Amen. I wonder if they'll start doing the big 4 next year, like Silvervision has already started doing.
Old 08-20-09, 07:28 PM

hbkbiggestfan why should i be banned?
the guy bashed me and you want to ban me?
Old 08-20-09, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
hbkbiggestfan why should i be banned?
the guy bashed me and you want to ban me?
Don't take things so seriously here. What I said was about the furthest thing from bashing.

Last edited by SexualPudding; 08-20-09 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-21-09, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by sliccric2006
I was able to pick up the new WCW dvd last night at Best Buy. They have it exclusively packaged with the Rise & Fall Of ECW dvd. I haven't watched it yet though, hopefully today I'll get a chance to watch it.
How much was it?
Old 08-21-09, 04:01 AM

I reckon in 2011 every WWE DVD released, will also be released on Blu Ray. I'm not gonna start getting the WWE Blu Ray's until everything is released on that format instead of just the Big 4, so it looks good and is in order on my shelf. I didn't start getting WWF DVDs until after Venegance 2001, becuase No Way Out & Inssurextion 2001 were no released on DVD, just VHS.
Old 08-21-09, 05:49 AM

Both the Night of Champions and Summerslam covers look awesome.
Old 08-21-09, 11:37 AM

Hey ShadyLPete, I paid regular price $29.99 for the new WCW dvd since it came out early. When it officially comes out next week, I'm sure they'll have it on sale in which I'll go back and have them do a price adjustment so I won't have had to pay so much for it.
Old 08-21-09, 06:49 PM

Has anyone seen WWE DVDs in the Wal-mart bins? I read someone on another site say that the Dusty Rhodes, Billy Graham, Managers and some others were now in those bins, but I looked at two stores and saw nothing.
Old 08-22-09, 03:07 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by KurtK26
Has anyone seen WWE DVDs in the Wal-mart bins? I read someone on another site say that the Dusty Rhodes, Billy Graham, Managers and some others were now in those bins, but I looked at two stores and saw nothing.
YMMV dude. All those 3 are present on my local wallyworld for $4 each, especially the Dusty Rhodes DVD's. too bad almost all it's unique packaging w/ sound bytes are long dead. (battery drained)
Old 08-22-09, 06:52 AM

According to Walmart.com the Hulk Hogan DVD released on 17th November will not be a re-release of the 2006 set but rather: Hulk Hogan - The Unreleased Archives, which they are saying is... "Packed with matches never before released on any Hulk Hogan DVD set! An enduring name in sports entertainment history, from headlining the first nine WrestleMania events through his legendary battles this decade with The Rock, Shawn Michaels, and Randy Orton."
So it should be a little more interesting than a re-release; I’m hoping for more WCW stuff including his cage match with Flair (Halloween Havoc 94) and matches with Vader, etc.

Last edited by md2810; 08-22-09 at 11:29 AM.
Old 08-22-09, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by md2810
According to Walmart.com the Hulk Hogan DVD released on 17th November will not be a re-release of the 2006 set but rather: Hulk Hogan - The Unreleased Archives, which they are saying is... "Packed with matches never before released on any Hulk Hogan DVD set! An enduring name in sports entertainment history, from headlining the first nine WrestleMania events through his legendary battles this decade with The Rock, Shawn Michaels, and Randy Orton."
So it should be a little more interesting than a re-release; I’m hoping for more WCW stuff including his cage match with Flair (Halloween Havoc 94) and matches with Vader, etc.)
Sweet. That is good news. The fact that they're matches that have never been released before on DVD is certainly a good sign.
Old 08-22-09, 11:28 AM

I'm hoping that they are TV Matches
Old 08-22-09, 12:33 PM

Ventura's commentary has been edited out of the WCW DVD. so many matches to chose from, why would they pick one they would need to heavily edit? idiots.
Old 08-22-09, 01:09 PM

the ventura's commentary was on the savage dvd, why wouldn't it be on hogans?

i hope they do the same for lesnar, since his last dvd was only 1 disc i would like to see a 3 disc set that covers all his best matches including the ones on the original set

and if there is no jericho set by wrestlemania 26 at latest god help us lol
Old 08-22-09, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by fyebonusdisc
Ventura's commentary has been edited out of the WCW DVD. so many matches to chose from, why would they pick one they would need to heavily edit? idiots.
They often cut out Ventura’s commentary from a set where he only appears on one or two matches; because with his commentary intact he receives a percentage on a DVD sale (which is why is commentary is always left on Classics On Demand, Vintage Collection, Classics.com, etc because WWE doesn't give him anything for these formats) they also edited him during the early 90s on the Coliseum Videos; where Monsoon and Alfred Hayes would do over-dubs.

However now-a-days when his commentary appears on a larger number of matches it is left intact like: Savage, Hogan and SNME, were as sets like Brian Pillman and Jake Roberts had his commentary edited out.
Old 08-22-09, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how is the wcw dvd? i was wondering too if the documentary was up to par or not. or if they get into the stuff like the finger poke of doom, or the infamous 2000 bash at the beach event
Old 08-22-09, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
how is the wcw dvd? i was wondering too if the documentary was up to par or not. or if they get into the stuff like the finger poke of doom, or the infamous 2000 bash at the beach event
From what I've heard so far, both of those topics are discussed in detail in the documentary as being major contributors to the demise of WCW.
Old 08-22-09, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by sliccric2006
I was able to pick up the new WCW dvd last night at Best Buy. They have it exclusivly packaged with the Rise & Fall Of ECW dvd. I haven't watched it yet though, hopefully today I'll get a chance to watch it.
I got my Best Buy flyer in today and they are advertising a special 2 disc version for $5 more. Wouldn't say what it included, so i'm assuming this is the bonus disc?

Great news for me since I already own the ECW disc, I can save a trip and just pick this up at FYE.
Old 08-23-09, 02:32 AM

I hope the new Hulk Hogan DVD isn't just a re-release of the 2006 release, as I already have that and I'm not into getting all of the differant versions of one DVD like some of you are.
Old 08-23-09, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas
I got my Best Buy flyer in today and they are advertising a special 2 disc version for $5 more. Wouldn't say what it included, so i'm assuming this is the bonus disc?

Great news for me since I already own the ECW disc, I can save a trip and just pick this up at FYE.
We all know that the WCW dvd is 3 dics there is no best buy special 2 disc version it's just the rise and fall of ECW packaged together with the WCW dvd for $5 dollars more.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.