DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-09, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

Originally Posted by Horrorcjmm
Yes they did, I picked one up yesterday. My store had about 8 2 pack bundles
Does anyone know how much FYE is charging for their exclusive 2-pack of the Smackdown DVD set (and if there is a mail-in-rebate for it)? I'd really like to know whether the price is good enough to warrant a trip to my nearest FYE store as it's a little out of the way for me. Any information would be very appreciated.
Old 09-17-09, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by bmp5524
here is my collection.....mostly ROH. i gave away most of my WWE PPvs to my cousin. but anyways here it is. i have been collecting for about 2 yrs now

http://img35.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dsc03939s.jpg
That's a really impressive collection! I know how much money and time it must have taken to put that together and that makes it even better. My collection is similar where it's TNA, ROH, ECW, Shoot Interviews, and WWE sets. I didn't even buy Wrestlemania this year.

Hearing that 2009 PWG is really good, gives me a starting point as I didn't want to go too far back.
Old 09-17-09, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had no idea there were so many ROH DVDs.

Last edited by BullGooseLoony; 09-18-09 at 12:50 AM.
Old 09-17-09, 11:23 PM

ROH is pretty quick with shipping-usually process same day and ship Priority, so 2-4 days.
Old 09-17-09, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
I had no idea there was so much ROH DVDs.
There's 234 show DVDs, along with 29 best of collections and then the 4 KOCH retail Best of DVDs.
Old 09-18-09, 04:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by will94
There's 234 show DVDs, along with 29 best of collections and then the 4 KOCH retail Best of DVDs.
And 8 Secrets of the Ring and 44 more in the Straight Shootin' Series.
Old 09-18-09, 11:29 AM

I placed a(nother) pretty nice order with ROH for:
Cornette/Heenan 2 & 3
Cornette/Watts 1 & 2
Marc Mero
Konnan/Cornette
Lance Storm

under $45 total w/shipping. Wait til they have their 40% off sale again I'm gonna go crazy!

EDTheRipper-you own all the ROH catalog, correct? For those who keep up with the ROH product, how many dvd's are released a month? Is there a big gap of catching up if you miss a handful of shows? Also who's booking ROH these days....
Old 09-18-09, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Liontamer
Does anyone know how much FYE is charging for their exclusive 2-pack of the Smackdown DVD set (and if there is a mail-in-rebate for it)? I'd really like to know whether the price is good enough to warrant a trip to my nearest FYE store as it's a little out of the way for me. Any information would be very appreciated.
I picked up mine for $22.99, I'm pretty sure there is no mail in rebate.
Old 09-18-09, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Aces_High
I placed a(nother) pretty nice order with ROH for:
Cornette/Heenan 2 & 3
Cornette/Watts 1 & 2
Marc Mero
Konnan/Cornette
Lance Storm

under $45 total w/shipping. Wait til they have their 40% off sale again I'm gonna go crazy!

EDTheRipper-you own all the ROH catalog, correct? For those who keep up with the ROH product, how many dvd's are released a month? Is there a big gap of catching up if you miss a handful of shows? Also who's booking ROH these days....
ROH does have a DVD subscription service where they will mail the newest DVDs as soon as they come out, but it's probably cheaper to wait for sales.

I think July DVDs are coming out soon fyi, not sure...

Adam Pearce (former wrestler) is booking ROH right now since they got rid of Gabe Sapolski. Gabe runs Dragon Gate USA now. Dragon Gate USA's first DVD will be out soon and it should be a must buy.

Pearce as booker has been not as good as Gabe, but you could argue that since they are focusing so much on the TV show now, that the regular arena shows have not been as great. I think ROH is in a lull right now and the roster has suffered a bit too. The loss of Dragon and Nigel really hurts, but I'm happy for both those guys.

ROH is very close to a VOD service too, so it will be great to buy specific matches that way if you don't wanna go crazy on the DVDs.
Old 09-18-09, 04:20 PM

Just wanted to let every one know that I just got my Straight Shootin' Series with Samoa Joe and CM Punk. I'll pop in that sucker in a few.
Old 09-18-09, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Correct. espin covered most of the ground here. Right now is actually a great time to get caught up on the shows because ROH hasn't ran a show in a couple of months. They just released their last two shows today. Typically, there's about a 6 week gap between the event and the live release.
Old 09-18-09, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BrIaNMeRcY
Just wanted to let every one know that I just got my Straight Shootin' Series with Samoa Joe and CM Punk. I'll pop in that sucker in a few.
It really is great. I definitely think you'll enjoy.
Old 09-18-09, 04:51 PM

Today's receivings:
Divas in Hedonism

Surprised how tough to find this dvd was at a good price (I ended up at roughly $15 shipped). I never cared about the diva dvds, thinking the pathetic pervs bought them, but then I noticed that there is usually 5 or more matches on each release. Needless to say I had a change of heart, and am 3 diva dvds away from the complete collection "Desert Heat"; "Divas Do New York"; "South Of The Border" are my missing titles.

I still have to get around to completing my Attitude dvd collection-theonly ones I really want are Austin/McMahon; Austin Uncensored; Unforgiven In Your House. I own the non attitude Best of Raw & Best of WMania, should I buy the attitude ones also? What did you guys do when it came to that time in your collection?

Last edited by Aces_High; 09-18-09 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-18-09, 07:25 PM

I own the non attitude Best of Raw & Best of WMania, should I buy the attitude ones also? What did you guys do when it came to that time in your collection?
I bought 'em only if I found them cheap enough (under $10).
Old 09-18-09, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Picked up Smackdown 10th Anniversary today. I have no idea why since it once again has the way too loud background music that has plagued the WWE DVDs for the past year.

Awful.
Old 09-19-09, 12:23 AM

I picked up wrestlemania 3 special edition for $4 used at a local dvd/cd/game trading store. What are the differences in the show other than the two snme matches and promos as extras ?
Old 09-19-09, 01:53 AM

Met Justin Credible tonight (for the 2nd time) and got a chance to talk to him. He's a really friendly and cool dude...

Also, for the next show, the local indy fed is bringing in Tyler Black. I'm pretty excited to see him live and meet him. I don't get ROH on HD Net and most of my ROH DVDs are 2002-2006. My collection is lacking from 2007-2009. I've really only seen a handful of Tyler Black matches, but what I've seen, I've really enjoyed.

Anyways, can any other fellow ROH nuts recommend a few great Tyler Black matches and which DVDs they are on? I'm thinking of getting a few before he comes to town for the live show.
Old 09-19-09, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by slabinskia
I picked up wrestlemania 3 special edition for $4 used at a local dvd/cd/game trading store. What are the differences in the show other than the two snme matches and promos as extras ?
The 1st disc is the complete show (like in the Anthology version) and the 2nd disc is the full show plus pop up facts and figures like on the RAW 15th Anniversary set.
Old 09-19-09, 11:33 AM

I stopped by FYE today and picked up the Smackdown 10/Raw X dvd bundle for $22.99. I normally would've passed, but the RawX DVD is not like the original release. This is in a regular case/insert like any other regular dvd. Thankfully the two were individually wrapped inside, so I can return the Smackdown 10 dvd back to Walmart and get my 19.99 plus tax refund (since I already opened the first one).

I saw the new packaging of the Raw X and immediately thought "Raw Homecoming". Dont ask me why, I just did. Guess it reminded me of the WMXX slimline package with the Homecoming DVD. I don't know. Worth the extra $3 for someone like me who collects obscure/oddball stuff like the same dvd with 2 different covers.
Old 09-19-09, 11:36 AM

Oops one more thing-The Rise & Fall of ECW that was packaged with the R&F of WCW dvd at Best Buy, was it in anyway different from the original release? I'm wondering if anything Benoit is left on the editing room floor? Or is it the exact same thing? What about bonus matches that feature Benoit...included or pulled? Just curious.
Old 09-19-09, 01:50 PM

while watching wrestlemania dvds, i have a fun fact as to why vince is worried about slupping raw ratings

-the last time a raw title match at wrestlemania never had cena/hhh/orton was wrestlemania 17, almost 10 years, think about it
Old 09-19-09, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
while watching wrestlemania dvds, i have a fun fact as to why vince is worried about slupping raw ratings

-the last time a raw title match at wrestlemania never had cena/hhh/orton was wrestlemania 17, almost 10 years, think about it
Try to think- when was the last ppv where those 3 guys have been on their respective brands and not been on a ppv- I don't think it's happened since Vengeance 2001 becuase HHH was still injured and Cena & Orton were still in ohio.
Old 09-20-09, 12:08 AM

ya those 2 annoy me, all overrated imo, ratings are rock bottom right now, the only ones watchind are the nerds, a 3.0 rating is respectable, but thats because of the nerds and the die hards will watch it no matter what, plus there is no wcw or ecw anymore
Old 09-20-09, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by espin
Anyways, can any other fellow ROH nuts recommend a few great Tyler Black matches and which DVDs they are on? I'm thinking of getting a few before he comes to town for the live show.
Take No Prisoners 08. Vs Nigel Mcguinness for the title. Hell of a match and one of the most exciting matches i've seen live
Breakout (or the new Best of Dragon dvd) vs. Dragon. This is the match that showed the potential of Black
Double Feature 2: Tyler Black and Bryan Danielson vs the American Wolves of Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards. Prob the best tag team match of the year by far
Old 09-20-09, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
ya those 2 annoy me, all overrated imo, ratings are rock bottom right now, the only ones watchind are the nerds, a 3.0 rating is respectable, but thats because of the nerds and the die hards will watch it no matter what, plus there is no wcw or ecw anymore
At the moment, the only current stuff I watch is Smackdown. I record Raw & TNA Impact, and skip through in case there is something worth watching. I also record the TNA PPVs which are free here, and skip to Sting, Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels... and WWE PPVs, some are free some are actual pay per view- so i watch the free ones and if the card looks good for the pay ones i watch them. I watch ROH and japanese stuff known again on youtube, but I mostly just watch old stuff.I'm so sick of seeing Randy Orton, Triple H & John Cena main event every single ppv, and monday night Bore is just TERRIBLE, so I might just quit in the end with new stuff.
That's my rant of the day lol

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.