Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

Old 08-31-09, 10:50 AM
  #501  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
Posts: 3,905
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

As I mentioned before here is a short list of stuff I would like the WWE to put out:

Sting, doc and matches
Steiner Brothers, doc and matches
Dean Malenko, doc and matches
Ron Simmons, doc and matches (Or anything relating to his championship run and how it impact pro wrestling)
Big Show, doc and matches
Best of War Games
Best of Halloween Havoc
Best of Nitro
nWo, specifically some of the other members and all the different factions
Goldberg, doc and matches
New Blood, something about the change in WCW in great detail
Best of Clash of the Champions
Best of the Cruiserweights (some of that would overlap with the pending Jericho DVD and my suggested Malenko DVD...as well as a few others)

EDIT - missed on DDP, doc and matches

Last edited by macnorton; 08-31-09 at 11:05 AM.
macnorton is offline  
Old 08-31-09, 11:23 AM
  #502  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 53
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

Hey all,

Been a fan of wrestling since I was younger but just started to follow again after I stopped in 2004. Love this thread.

I thought the WCW DVD wasn't as bad as it could have been...especially the documentary.

Anyway, finally took pictures of my entire DVD collection and thought I'd post my wrestling DVDs here. Thanks all!

forceuser13 is offline  
Old 08-31-09, 11:26 AM
  #503  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 518
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

Originally Posted by macnorton View Post
As I mentioned before here is a short list of stuff I would like the WWE to put out:

Sting, doc and matches
Steiner Brothers, doc and matches
Dean Malenko, doc and matches
Ron Simmons, doc and matches (Or anything relating to his championship run and how it impact pro wrestling)
Big Show, doc and matches
Best of War Games
Best of Halloween Havoc
Best of Nitro
nWo, specifically some of the other members and all the different factions
Goldberg, doc and matches
New Blood, something about the change in WCW in great detail
Best of Clash of the Champions
Best of the Cruiserweights (some of that would overlap with the pending Jericho DVD and my suggested Malenko DVD...as well as a few others)

EDIT - missed on DDP, doc and matches
Heres what I want...
Chris Jericho - 3 Discs - Matches
Kurt Angle - 3 Discs - Matches
Sting - 4 Discs - Doc & Matches
Goldberg - 2 Discs - Macthes
Owen Hart - 3 Discs - Doc & Matches
British Bulldog: The Davey Boy Smith & Dynamite Kid Story - 4 Discs - Doc
& Matches.
nWo - 3 Discs - Doc & Matches
Best Of WCW Monday Nitro - 3 Discs - Matches
Best Of WCW Saturday Night - 2 Discs - Macthes
Best Of Clash Of The Champions - 3 Discs - Matches
Tribute To The Troops - 3 Discs - Full Shows
NWA/WCW PPV Anthologys
ECW PPV/Supercard Anthologys
DDP: Diamond Dallas Page - 2 Discs - Matches
Ricky The Dragon Steamboat - 3 Discs - Matches
Sgt Slaughter - 2 Discs - Macthes
Randy Orton - 3 Discs - Matches
Ravishing Rick Rude - 2 Discs - Macthes
Booker T - 3 Discs - Matches
War Games - 2 Discs - Matches
Divas Hottest Moments - 1 Disc - Matches, Moments, Doc
The Worst Gimmicks Produced - Matches, Moments, Doc
Rick & Scott: The Steiner Brothers - Matches - 2 Discs
Ted DiBiase - 2 Discs - Matches & Doc
Andre The Giant - 2 Discs - Matches & Doc
Yokozuna - 2 Discs - Matches & Doc
Iron Sheik - 2 Discs - Matches & Doc
Christian - 2 Discs - Macthes & Doc
Big Show - 3 Discs - Matches & Doc
Sid - 2 Discs - Matches & Doc
dillkid is offline  
Old 08-31-09, 11:27 AM
  #504  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 441
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

agree with you on
-war games
-halloween havoc
-nitro
-nwo
-goldberg(if it consists most of his "streak" matches)

cruiserweights i love, but we already have tons of those matches on dvd, eddie/rey/benoit and other dvds feature tons of cruiserweight action, i would like i see a dvd of it but not before other wcw stuff

i hope they just do a "best of" wcw to follow up rise and fall, put all the other classics they missed out and put matches from nitro/havoc/goldberg all on there, just like they did with ecw
chuckliddell is offline  
Old 08-31-09, 11:48 AM
  #505  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
Posts: 3,905
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

There is a Steamboat DVD pending right? I will be all over that one.

Bulldog one would be pretty cool as well. I am also down for an Arn Anderson disc, since he had a lot of other great moments besides the Horseman.
macnorton is offline  
Old 08-31-09, 01:47 PM
  #506  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bellport, NY
Posts: 751
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

Originally Posted by forceuser13 View Post
Hey all,

Been a fan of wrestling since I was younger but just started to follow again after I stopped in 2004. Love this thread.

I thought the WCW DVD wasn't as bad as it could have been...especially the documentary.

Anyway, finally took pictures of my entire DVD collection and thought I'd post my wrestling DVDs here. Thanks all!
That's a sweet collection for someone who just got back into wrestling.

I finally was able to take a snapshot of my collection (click spoiler tab):

Spoiler:









DerangedHermit is offline  
Old 08-31-09, 02:12 PM
  #507  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 53
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

Very cool. Love the layout.

For my new pick-ups (I had about 5 or so from before I stopped watching), I'm lucky enough to have a local store that sells used DVDs...I've gotten a bunch of those for $1 or $2. Great way to build up a library.
forceuser13 is offline  
Old 08-31-09, 02:28 PM
  #508  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bellport, NY
Posts: 751
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

Originally Posted by forceuser13 View Post
Very cool. Love the layout.

For my new pick-ups (I had about 5 or so from before I stopped watching), I'm lucky enough to have a local store that sells used DVDs...I've gotten a bunch of those for $1 or $2. Great way to build up a library.
The layout's a bit ad hoc - I picked up all the shelving and that road sign from yard sales.

I used to know what it was like to have a great used DVD store - my local Gamestops always priced a good chunk of the WWE and TNA DVDs they got in with the generic $1.99 tag (even getting a few rarities like the Se;f-Destruction of Ultimate Warrior 2-disc for that price). But GS stopped selling DVDs and I'm at the whim of Amazon and eBay/Half.com now

Last edited by DerangedHermit; 08-31-09 at 02:31 PM.
DerangedHermit is offline  
Old 08-31-09, 02:54 PM
  #509  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 53
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

Check out webuy.com....that's the website for the store I go to.
forceuser13 is offline  
Old 08-31-09, 03:10 PM
  #510  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bellport, NY
Posts: 751
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

Originally Posted by forceuser13 View Post
Check out webuy.com....that's the website for the store I go to.
Crap, all the stores are in NYC or Boston proper and I'm out in the boondocks of eastern LI. And it doesn't look like they have much online.

Cool store though.
DerangedHermit is offline  
Old 08-31-09, 03:27 PM
  #511  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 53
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

Well, if you check the stock for the Astoria branch and see anything you want, I can ship it out next time I go there. Just pay me shipping costs. Let me know.
forceuser13 is offline  
Old 08-31-09, 06:20 PM
  #512  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,466
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

Originally Posted by DerangedHermit View Post
That's a sweet collection for someone who just got back into wrestling.

I finally was able to take a snapshot of my collection (click spoiler tab):

Spoiler:









Really awesome collection. It's always cool to just look at pics of just about every wwf/e dvd there is, even if I don't want to own a lot of them. Did you buy the older stuff when it first came out or collected years later?
BullGooseLoony is offline  
Old 08-31-09, 07:05 PM
  #513  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bellport, NY
Posts: 751
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony View Post
Really awesome collection. It's always cool to just look at pics of just about every wwf/e dvd there is, even if I don't want to own a lot of them. Did you buy the older stuff when it first came out or collected years later?
Most of it I bought (or traded for) in the past two years (except for the nWo DVD) - I managed to get them relatively cheap. I think I paid under MSRP for most of the old stuff save Undertaker: The Phenom ($24) and one or two others which I got for around $20 (I want to say Vengeance 02 and Survivor Series 01?).

Also the ones that had bonus discs/footage are the ones shown there (so the Blockbuster exclusive 2007 PPVs, Hogan, Piper, RAW 15th, FYE Viva La Raza, UW - basically everything but the Trish Stratus and the Best Buy Viva La Raza)

Last edited by DerangedHermit; 08-31-09 at 07:15 PM.
DerangedHermit is offline  
Old 08-31-09, 07:26 PM
  #514  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 61
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

Here's are the suggested DVDs I think could realistically be made

Chris Jericho - 3 Discs - Matches
Kurt Angle - 3 Discs - Matches
Sting - 4 Discs - Doc & Matches
Goldberg - 2 Discs - Macthes
Owen Hart - 3 Discs - Doc & Matches
British Bulldog: The Davey Boy Smith & Dynamite Kid Story - 4 Discs - Doc
& Matches.
nWo - 3 Discs - Doc & Matches
Best Of WCW Monday Nitro - 3 Discs - Matches
Best Of Clash Of The Champions - 3 Discs - Matches
DDP: Diamond Dallas Page - 2 Discs - Matches
Ricky The Dragon Steamboat - 3 Discs - Matches
Randy Orton - 3 Discs - Matches
Ravishing Rick Rude - 2 Discs - Macthes
War Games - 2 Discs - Matches
The Worst Gimmicks Produced - Matches, Moments, Doc
Rick & Scott: The Steiner Brothers - Matches - 2 Discs
Ted DiBiase - 2 Discs - Matches & Doc
Andre The Giant - 2 Discs - Matches & Doc
Iron Sheik - 2 Discs - Matches & Doc
Christian - 2 Discs - Macthes & Doc
Big Show - 3 Discs - Matches & Doc
sg86 is offline  
Old 08-31-09, 07:49 PM
  #515  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 68
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

I guess I'll be the next one to post my dream list. I'm just going to name the person/event and not the amount of discs.

- Chris Jericho
- Ted DiBiase
- Ricky Steamboat
- Sting
- In Your House Anthology
- King of the Ring Anthology
- Raw Anthology
- SmackDown Anthology
- WCW Anthology (Including the NWA days under JCP)
- Christian
- Brock Lesnar or Kurt Angle (Just want the full Iron Man Match)
- Edge & Christian
- Rick Rude
- Sid Justice
- Stables (DX, Evolution, 4 Horsemen, nWo, etc...)
- Demolition
- Big Show
- Bad Gimmicks
- Talk Show Segments

There are many, many more that I can't think of right now, but I know I'll want those as well.
TehOH1 is offline  
Old 08-31-09, 09:17 PM
  #516  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,466
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

Originally Posted by DerangedHermit View Post
Most of it I bought (or traded for) in the past two years (except for the nWo DVD) - I managed to get them relatively cheap. I think I paid under MSRP for most of the old stuff save Undertaker: The Phenom ($24) and one or two others which I got for around $20 (I want to say Vengeance 02 and Survivor Series 01?).

Also the ones that had bonus discs/footage are the ones shown there (so the Blockbuster exclusive 2007 PPVs, Hogan, Piper, RAW 15th, FYE Viva La Raza, UW - basically everything but the Trish Stratus and the Best Buy Viva La Raza)
New or used? My problem is that I'm a stubborn prick and will only get them new and sealed, so it takes extra patience (and money) to get my hands on the older stuff.
BullGooseLoony is offline  
Old 08-31-09, 09:24 PM
  #517  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bellport, NY
Posts: 751
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony View Post
New or used? My problem is that I'm a stubborn prick and will only get them new and sealed, so it takes extra patience (and money) to get my hands on the older stuff.
Used. I'm a stubborn prick with price more so than having it new. I also want to watch the DVDs as well so what use is having it sealed. I'm not treating it as an investment because it's not worth it to do so except for a handful of titles (that are almost as valuable used as well - see WM X-7, Raw Homecoming).

Even the anthologies I picked up on the cheap. I got the RR Anthology and the WM volumes for $50 total from some guy on CAG and I got the SS Anthology for $40 new with the Borders.com glitch last year.

Last edited by DerangedHermit; 08-31-09 at 09:28 PM.
DerangedHermit is offline  
Old 09-01-09, 01:22 AM
  #518  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 123
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

oooorrrrr.... instead of wishing for these "best of" dvds that you would want the WWE to make, you could yourself make them with the matches you already have of each said wrestler. Perfect example would be someone like Sting or Kurt Angle, where you know if the WWE did dvds on them you would only see Sting's WCW stuff and Kurt's WWE stuff. But if you yourself made the best of dvds with your own footage you already have, you could also include their best stuff from TNA. But then that's just a wacky crazy idea I have if you actually aren't happy that the WWE isn't making dvds that you yourself would like to see or own.
jammer311 is offline  
Old 09-01-09, 09:06 AM
  #519  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
Posts: 3,905
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

Originally Posted by jammer311 View Post
oooorrrrr.... instead of wishing for these "best of" dvds that you would want the WWE to make, you could yourself make them with the matches you already have of each said wrestler. Perfect example would be someone like Sting or Kurt Angle, where you know if the WWE did dvds on them you would only see Sting's WCW stuff and Kurt's WWE stuff. But if you yourself made the best of dvds with your own footage you already have, you could also include their best stuff from TNA. But then that's just a wacky crazy idea I have if you actually aren't happy that the WWE isn't making dvds that you yourself would like to see or own.
This is what the Blu-Ray format was made for. How cool would it be if WWE put out a ton of random matches on a disc and let you select based on your favorites? That would be pretty fucking cool if you ask me.
macnorton is offline  
Old 09-01-09, 01:19 PM
  #520  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 441
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

what do you mean?blue ray allows you to fit more but you would have no control over the matches
not sure what you guys are implying
chuckliddell is offline  
Old 09-01-09, 01:35 PM
  #521  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 518
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

You know what would be great? If you payed a certain amount of money for a disc, and WWE would let you choose what from their massive video library what you want to recieve through the mail. For instance you could buy some old MSG matches, and then select an AWA match, then ask for some ECW footage and then get some WCW footage all on one DVD.

Starting another subject, Chris Benoit was incldued in the TLC 3 Clips from the Smackdown DVD. I know some of you might be a bit angry over this, so please lets not start an arguement over this...
dillkid is offline  
Old 09-01-09, 01:39 PM
  #522  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
Posts: 3,905
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

Originally Posted by chuckliddell View Post
what do you mean?blue ray allows you to fit more but you would have no control over the matches
not sure what you guys are implying
Dude, Blu has a ton of interactive features similar to what I am suggesting. Bookmarks, in flight scene selections...there are plenty of options.

It would be a lot of work to author a disc like that, but with a little effort it could be done.
macnorton is offline  
Old 09-01-09, 01:53 PM
  #523  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,466
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

Originally Posted by DerangedHermit View Post
Used. I'm a stubborn prick with price more so than having it new. I also want to watch the DVDs as well so what use is having it sealed. I'm not treating it as an investment because it's not worth it to do so except for a handful of titles (that are almost as valuable used as well - see WM X-7, Raw Homecoming).

Even the anthologies I picked up on the cheap. I got the RR Anthology and the WM volumes for $50 total from some guy on CAG and I got the SS Anthology for $40 new with the Borders.com glitch last year.
Oh, I open them, but it's some weird OCD thing where I want that copy to be mine. Some people are like that, and I doubt it's healthy, but I only buy the events that I actually want to own and watch.

Even though I do have to admit, it's awesome to see the entire ppv chronology in one well swoop, I could never have that collection, because there quite a few dvds that I just wouldn't want to own (KOTR '00, Invasion '01, Judgment Day '03, '04, every Smackdown-exlusive-ppv from '04-'06, save for No Way Out, Vengeance '07, December to Dismember).

But again, awesome collection. Throwback should display his stuff chronologically.
BullGooseLoony is offline  
Old 09-01-09, 02:01 PM
  #524  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 518
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony View Post
Oh, I open them, but it's some weird OCD thing where I want that copy to be mine. Some people are like that, and I doubt it's healthy, but I only buy the events that I actually want to own and watch.

Even though I do have to admit, it's awesome to see the entire ppv chronology in one well swoop, I could never have that collection, because there quite a few dvds that I just wouldn't want to own (KOTR '00, Invasion '01, Judgment Day '03, '04, every Smackdown-exlusive-ppv from '04-'06, save for No Way Out, Vengeance '07, December to Dismember).

But again, awesome collection. Throwback should display his stuff chronologically.
Are You Kidding Me? King Of The Ring 2000 Is My Second Favorate WWF/E PPV Ever Produced!
dillkid is offline  
Old 09-01-09, 02:14 PM
  #525  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,466
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

Reasons why it sucked:
-Crash Holly vs. Bull Buchanan
-Rikishi vs. Val Venis
-Kurt Angle vs. Crash Holly
-Pat Patterson vs. Gerald Brisco
-Rikishi as a contender in the KOTR tournament

It's not the worst ppv, but it damn near reads like an episode of Heat. Out of curiousity, what's the first?
BullGooseLoony is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.