DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Walt Disney Treasures Wave IX - 11/3/09

Old 05-10-09, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Walt Disney Treasures Wave IX - 11/3/09

Originally Posted by heebiejeebie View Post
This thread reminds me that I've fallen behind on the Treasure's releases. Looks like the only way to get Donald V3 & V4 is Ebay or similar sites.
You might want to try Fry's Electronics if you have one nearby. The one by me still has quite a few of the older Treasures.
Old 05-11-09, 12:07 AM

Count me in for this one! I've been hoping Disney would release the complete Zorro TV series!
Old 05-11-09, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Why couldn't they release a third one with Chip N Dale or Minnie Mouse or Daisy Duck? There were some cartoons that they were in that didn't have Mickey, Donald, Goofy or Pluto. They could also have brought out more of Alice in Wonderland silent shorts. I would have also preferred Destino.
Old 05-11-09, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Mother Fucker... Ijust ordered Zorro from the MMC with my reward zone points. That totally sucks.

Its awesome Disney is doing this, but what about Elfuego and Swamp Fox? They really screwed that up.
Old 05-11-09, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I may be getting these for my dad for christmas. I remeber when I was young he would watch this whenever this was on tv.
Old 05-11-09, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by WMAangel View Post
My thoughts exactly....

This will now be the first year I will not buy at least one Treasures title since the series began in 2001....I have all of the animated sets and half of the live action releases, but have no interest in Zorro.....
same here
Old 05-11-09, 05:04 PM

Why couldn't they release a third one with Chip N Dale or Minnie Mouse or Daisy Duck? There were some cartoons that they were in that didn't have Mickey, Donald, Goofy or Pluto.
Actually, the only main characters outside of Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Pluto that got their own cartoons with their own title cards are Figaro and Chip N Dale.

The three Figaro cartoons are in the Pluto sets. Of the 3 Chip N Dale cartoons, 2 of them appeared on one of the budget sets, but none of the 3 have appeared in a Treasures set.

There are enough though with Donald that they could put those 3 on a Treasures set and then just fill the rest with others that have already appeared on other Treasures sets. I would happily watch a couple of discs of Chip N Dale cartoons.
Old 05-11-09, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by heebiejeebie View Post
This thread reminds me that I've fallen behind on the Treasure's releases. Looks like the only way to get Donald V3 & V4 is Ebay or similar sites.
After reading your post I had to double check my collection cause I didn't remember buying Donald Duck Vol. 4. After checking, the good news is I have Donald Vol. 4 but I just noticed I never got around to buying Pluto Vol. 1. Damnit!

I'm not eagerly anticipating these Zorro releases but I may pick them up. I don't suppose Best Buy would have the 2 for $40 deal this time around.
Old 05-11-09, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow so we'd basically be paying $45-$60 per set?

Will probably pass on this wave.
Old 05-11-09, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post
After checking, the good news is I have Donald Vol. 4 but I just noticed I never got around to buying Pluto Vol. 1. Damnit!
http://www.disneystore.com/movies-mu...-dvds/c/13532/
Old 05-11-09, 11:32 PM

Initially I was disappointed with this announcement, but given the financial times this is a relief. There are many movie releases that I'm passing on because money is tight and having a year off from Disney animated tins won't be a bad thing. I'm also glad that Zorro fans will be able to get these in what looks to be a great package! If things get better, depending on what (if anything) Warner does regarding classic animation this fall (last year's vol. 6 was purportedly the last in the Golden Collection format), it might be a chance for me to finally catch up on the Popeye and Tom & Jerry sets that always take a back seat to Looneys and Disneys!
Old 05-13-09, 01:15 PM

Zorro: Complete First Season - $41.99

Zorro: Complete Second Season - $41.99
Old 05-13-09, 06:45 PM

this is certainly going to test me

I've never watched Zorro but its going to be quite hard to to keep up with the series (have bought every title in the treasures series on day of release since wave 1)
Old 05-21-09, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow, no animated Treasures this year? This will be the first year I don't buy any.
Old 05-21-09, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

So fess up, who else that has no interest in these sets keep checking the thread anyway(hoping that they've added an animated collection this year)?
Old 05-21-09, 07:54 AM
Banned

Booo! I want animation!
Old 05-21-09, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
So fess up, who else that has no interest in these sets keep checking the thread anyway(hoping that they've added an animated collection this year)?
Old 05-21-09, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I take a look, whenever it is bumped up at least....

I do fear that if this is all they are producing this time, than unfortunately after this year the series might just
Old 05-21-09, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Did they already finish Donald? Who else is left? I know a Chip and Dale would be GOLD for me, but they wont give my faves the red carpet treatment

I do like the live action stuff and will get Zorro. But Im still pissed that they screwed Baca and Fox
Old 05-21-09, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I have the DMC version of season 1, but have never watched it.

From what I understand, these are colorized. Is is worth it to keep the colorized versions --- do they look OK or are they cartoonish?

Just wondering if I should sell it and get the tins.
Old 05-22-09, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ravenous View Post
Did they already finish Donald? Who else is left? I know a Chip and Dale would be GOLD for me, but they wont give my faves the red carpet treatment

I do like the live action stuff and will get Zorro. But Im still pissed that they screwed Baca and Fox
Yeah the problem is that they finished all the "main" animation stuff. Though there are still a bunch of shorts that could be done.
Old 06-23-09, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Last week, Disney UK released "The Complete Goofy", which has been out of print for a long time in the US. It doesn't come with the tin, but contains the same material as the US version.

Which also means, sadly, no "Play all" feature, and no inclusion of Goofy's last short, "How to Hook Up Your Home Theater"

I've been waiting to get this release for a while. Even without the tin.

Last edited by manicsounds; 06-23-09 at 09:29 AM.
Old 06-23-09, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Ravenous View Post

Aren't all the Chip & Dale shorts on that single disc release? Also, they are all on the various Treasures releases already if I'm not mistaken.
Old 06-23-09, 08:11 PM

Aren't all the Chip & Dale shorts on that single disc release? Also, they are all on the various Treasures releases already if I'm not mistaken.
There are 3 Chip & Dale's that never made it on any of the Treasures releases. The common thread is that they were the primary characters in those 3. In all their others, they were supporting characters. As such, those shorts made it into the other character lines.

The 3 missing shorts are included in the single disc release.
Old 06-23-09, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by mdnitoil View Post
There are 3 Chip & Dale's that never made it on any of the Treasures releases. The common thread is that they were the primary characters in those 3. In all their others, they were supporting characters. As such, those shorts made it into the other character lines.

The 3 missing shorts are included in the single disc release.
Not quite -- "The Lone Chipmunks" appears only on the Davy Crockett: 50th Anniversary Double Feature DVD.

Jay

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.