Friday the 13th Parts 2 & 3 BD, Parts 4-6 Deluxe DVDs June 16th

Old 06-08-09, 02:20 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Friday the 13th Parts 2 & 3 BD, Parts 4-6 Deluxe DVDs June 16th

Originally Posted by ChristopherS
interview with the guys who did the 4-6 special features:

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/320...ew-friday-dvds

Dan later writes this in the message section:

Actually, we did find several lost scenes from Part 7 that didn't make it on the original box set. They are mostly "character moments" involving Lar Park Lincoln and Kevin Blair, as well as an extended scene with Billy Butler and his date on their way to the "birthday bash." These are definitely included in the new Deluxe Edition.

We also found a few outtakes of Kane rising from the lake and a better-quality version of Melissa's "ax to the head" death scene.

Unfortunately most of the trims from Part 7 were destroyed in 1991. Believe me, we would have killed ourselves to create the ultimate/uncut version of 7. But what we did find will hopefully give fans a chance to see (albeit not the best quality) some of that holy grail material, and we were grateful to John Buechler and Fred Mollin for providing us with the early work tapes that they (thankfully) kept safe all these years. Had it not been for that material, the Part 7 disc would have been sorely lacking. So thanks to John and Fred!

On the upside, Part 8 has pretty much everything that was excised from the film -- lots of outtakes, alternate angles and a few never-before-seen moments. Scott Reeves, Jensen Daggett and Kane Hodder did an amazing commentary track that I know fans are going to love. The best feature (IMHO) is the "gag reel" that Rob Hedden and his team assembled for their cast & crew wrap party. We included it in its entirety -- including a "piece" of Kane's Jason you've never seen before!

Just wanted to fill in some of the gaps and to let everyone know that we put everything that exists on these DVDs. Paramount didn't "hold out" on you this time -- if it existed in their vaults, we put it on these Deluxe Editions.

So grab your machetes and enjoy!

Dan Farrands

hmmmm
Old 06-10-09, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great pt4 review http://horrordvds.com/viewarticle.php?articleid=745
Old 06-10-09, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great review. Knowing what they did with the transfers, I might have to get these and not wait for them to hit Blu-ray considering they might never hit by the sound of it.
Old 06-10-09, 02:37 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Ackerly
Great review. Knowing what they did with the transfers, I might have to get these and not wait for them to hit Blu-ray considering they might never hit by the sound of it.
Blu-rays are about 3 months behind the DVDs. 4-6 will likely arrive in October. Hell, we may even get 7 and 8 as well if my sources are correct.
Old 06-10-09, 06:55 PM

clip of pt 4 alt. ending http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...s.php?id=10785
Old 06-11-09, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by ChristopherS
That is a good review. I was sorry to see 4 and 6 not (yet) up on dvdtalk's own website.

Anyway, thanks for the link - much appreciated.
Old 06-11-09, 07:20 PM

you're welcome. Here is that sites review of part 5 http://horrordvds.com/viewarticle.php?articleid=746
Old 06-11-09, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I'm working as fast as I can! :-) Part VI review should be up by the end of tomorrow hopefully...
Old 06-12-09, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Cameron McGaughy
I'm working as fast as I can! :-) Part VI review should be up by the end of tomorrow hopefully...
Cool. I look forward to reading it.
Old 06-13-09, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Voila! Hope y'all enjoy...

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/37576...eluxe-edition/
Old 06-13-09, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm really looking forward to those mockumentaries. Those sound really interesting, wish they had done those on the first 3.
Old 06-13-09, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Cameron McGaughy
Fantastic review. Too bad I'm not going to pick this up, though, since I'm waiting for the BD.
Old 06-15-09, 08:05 PM
Suspended

7 and 8 are coming to DVD as well. Should be announced shortly with dates (can't give them out yet, sorry).
Old 06-15-09, 10:01 PM

i think i heard late sept for 7&8, don't remember the exact dates or know if that is even right but I would assume the weeks around Halloween anyway.
Old 06-16-09, 06:56 AM

Movieweb.com states September 15th, 2009.

You can bring two more adventures of Jason Voorhes home in brand new Deluxe Edition DVD's this September. Friday The 13th Part VII: The New Blood and Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan will be released in new Deluxe Edition DVD's on September 15. We have no pricing details or cover art as of yet, but we'll be sure to update this story as soon as we have more information. In the meantime, you can take a look at the special features below.

Friday The 13th Part VII: The New Blood
Ever since homicidal maniac Jason Vorhees got trapped in chains at the bottom of Crystal lake, the nearby summer camp has operated without a hitch...without a murder. But one of this season's happy campers has brought along a deadly secret. Tina Shepard can see the future and levitate objects. Her doctor knows just how dangerous telekinesis can be, but he's out to exploit her, not help her. And now it's too late. Tina has accidentally unchained Jason from his watery grave - and the bloodbath is underway. Tina's special powers are her only hope for survival. But what chance does a teenage girl have against an ax-wielding maniac?

Special Features:

- Commentary: - Killer Commentary by director John Carl Buechler and actors Lar Park Lincoln and Kane Hodder
- Other: - Jason's Destroyer: The Making of Friday the 13th Part VII
- Other: - Slashed Scenes Intro
- Other: - Slashed Scenes
- Other: - Mind Over Matter: The Truth about Telekinesis
- Other: - Makeover by Maddy: Need a Little Touch-Up Work, My Ass

Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
The Big Apple's in big trouble, as indestructible psycho-fiend Jason Vorhees hits the road to New York City - and paints the town "red." After a shocking return from beyond the grave, the diabolical Jason ships out abroad a teen-filled "love boat" bound for New York, which he soon transforms into the ultimate voyage of the damned. Then one of his terrified victims escapes into the nightmarish maze of Manhattan's subways and sewers, only to confront Jason one final time.

Special Features:

- Commentary: - Killer Commentary by writer/director Rob Hedden and actors Jensen Daggett and Kane Hodder
- Other: - New York Has A New Problem - The Making of Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
- Other: - Gag Reel
Old 06-16-09, 07:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by -TRANCE-
Movieweb.com states September 15th, 2009.

You can bring two more adventures of Jason Voorhes home in brand new Deluxe Edition DVD's this September. Friday The 13th Part VII: The New Blood and Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan will be released in new Deluxe Edition DVD's on September 15. We have no pricing details or cover art as of yet, but we'll be sure to update this story as soon as we have more information. In the meantime, you can take a look at the special features below.

Friday The 13th Part VII: The New Blood
Ever since homicidal maniac Jason Vorhees got trapped in chains at the bottom of Crystal lake, the nearby summer camp has operated without a hitch...without a murder. But one of this season's happy campers has brought along a deadly secret. Tina Shepard can see the future and levitate objects. Her doctor knows just how dangerous telekinesis can be, but he's out to exploit her, not help her. And now it's too late. Tina has accidentally unchained Jason from his watery grave - and the bloodbath is underway. Tina's special powers are her only hope for survival. But what chance does a teenage girl have against an ax-wielding maniac?

Special Features:

- Commentary: - Killer Commentary by director John Carl Buechler and actors Lar Park Lincoln and Kane Hodder
- Other: - Jason's Destroyer: The Making of Friday the 13th Part VII
- Other: - Slashed Scenes Intro
- Other: - Mind Over Matter: The Truth about Telekinesis
- Other: - Makeover by Maddy: Need a Little Touch-Up Work, My Ass

Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
The Big Apple's in big trouble, as indestructible psycho-fiend Jason Vorhees hits the road to New York City - and paints the town "red." After a shocking return from beyond the grave, the diabolical Jason ships out abroad a teen-filled "love boat" bound for New York, which he soon transforms into the ultimate voyage of the damned. Then one of his terrified victims escapes into the nightmarish maze of Manhattan's subways and sewers, only to confront Jason one final time.

Special Features:

- Commentary: - Killer Commentary by writer/director Rob Hedden and actors Jensen Daggett and Kane Hodder
- Other: - New York Has A New Problem - The Making of Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
- Other: - Gag Reel

Nice! Only if we have Nightmare on Elm Street on Blu-Ray...
Old 06-16-09, 10:12 AM
Suspended

And there we go.

Now...where are the Blu's?!?
Old 06-16-09, 03:51 PM

I'm planning on buying 4-6 tonight, but will hold off on the remake - the two releases are a poke in the eye, and the lack of special features highlight this. I may just wait for a used copy at blockbuster.

I read that the expected retail price (in Canada, mind you) will be >= $25. At that price, no way am I buying a copy yet. I don't spend nearly as much time in movie stores as I used to, so I don't know what the trend is. Do DVD prices trend higher or lower over time? I've noticed the older must-buy DVDs in my collection, like LOTR and Band of Brothers have dropped noticeable. Can the same be expected for Friday the 13th?
Old 06-16-09, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I grabbed parts 4-6 from Wal-Mart for $13 a piece. They had a ton, but no BDs for 2 and 3 (got those at Best Buy). I'm loving those faux documentaries, they are pretty funny and entertaining. Haven't gotten a chance to watch much more yet, but I will later tonight.

Seems like 7 and 8 are a bit lacking in special features. I'm glad to see new commentaries. They should just release 4-8 on BD the same day or just a new box set or something.
Old 06-16-09, 04:39 PM

Lar Park Lincoln has been sick so I am happy to see she was able to do a commentary.
Old 06-17-09, 11:55 AM

I didn't get to the store last night, so I bought 4-6 during lunch today. For those in Canada, Future Shop's in-store price is $11.99 each - better than the on-line prices listed by Future Shop, amazon.ca and Chapters. That was a nice surprise.
Old 06-17-09, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm loving my Lenticular slipcovers, even if they are marred by bilingual text.

I was hoping The Final Chapter would have some of the off-screen deaths in the outtakes (the mother and the twin speared in the back) but maybe they were never filmed.

Disappointing no Alice Cooper music video, TV Spots or release trailer on Jason Lives; it's not like they couldn't be acquired. A little more effort, Paramount!

Is it ever told why Corey Feldman wasn't cast as Tommy in V and VI?
Old 06-17-09, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Disc-Flipper
Is it ever told why Corey Feldman wasn't cast as Tommy in V and VI?
That's been told for awhile now, I'm guessing you have never seen the box set extras? V was originally written for Feldman but he was shooting The Goonies so he couldn't do both films. I'm guessing he didn't do VI because they made the character Tommy much older than he was....
Old 06-17-09, 01:04 PM
Suspended

Tommy was at least 5 years older in V...so no way for Feldman to reprise his role (unless they made the cast in V much younger).
Old 06-17-09, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Torchur317
V was originally written for Feldman but he was shooting The Goonies so he couldn't do both films.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.