DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   The Simpsons: Season 12 (Comic Book Guy Head Packaging) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/553260-simpsons-season-12-comic-book-guy-head-packaging.html)

manicsounds 04-11-09 06:12 PM

The Simpsons: Season 12 (Comic Book Guy Head Packaging)

No pictures of it yet, but the pre-order is up on amazon, also no date as of now.

dino88 04-11-09 06:15 PM

Re: The Simpsons: Season 12 (Comic Book Guy Head Packaging)

No more head!....that's what she said. Unless we get Cletus or Disco Stu, then I may change my tune.

Corey31 04-11-09 06:51 PM

Comic Book Guy? Awesome. Too bad we are getting into the crappy seasons though.

And hopefully they abandon the absolute crap Season 11 style for the set.

Chad 04-11-09 07:22 PM

Cool beans. But I'm actually surprised they didn't go with a more widely used character like Moe, Abe, Barney, Flanders, Mr. Burns, etc. I really want a Barney head that burps when pressed!

In before the "I stopped watching after [INSERT SEASON HERE]" started...

gotrice487 04-11-09 07:26 PM

Probably won't get this but I really wanna see this packaging

komsik 04-11-09 07:38 PM

Great, I just hope they fuck off with last seasons packaging for the discs.

Darknite39 04-11-09 08:53 PM

Too bad they're wasting that head on this season. They could have held off for a few more and used the tagline "Worst season EVER!" Unfortunately, the irony would likely be lost on most people.

kstublen 04-11-09 09:03 PM

They should've done Moe, Apu, Mr. Burns, and Milhouse for Seasons 12-15.

acdcrocks1980 04-11-09 11:53 PM

hopefully the insides aren't the same shit as season 11.

calhoun07 04-12-09 12:40 AM

Hopefully not, and hopefully they re-release season 11 with the insides matching the rest of the releases.

I almost forgot about that whole spectacular epic fail on Fox's part. I knew there was a reason I didn't pick the season up yet (aside from the fact I was waiting for a sale price on it since it wasn't a season worth spending full price on!)

hotsexyboi 04-12-09 12:51 AM

UGH The Comic Book Guy?! C'MON! Anyways I dont' care what style the packaging is as I am still getting it either way.

Dustin P. 04-12-09 12:54 AM

I really wouldn't have chosen Comic Book Guy, my pick would be Flanders :)

DerangedHermit 04-12-09 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Dustin P. (Post 9383278)
I really wouldn't have chosen Comic Book Guy, my pick would be Flanders :)

Stupid sexy Flanders.

MTRodaba2468 04-12-09 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Corey31 (Post 9382865)
And hopefully they abandon the absolute crap Season 11 style for the set.

This, although I know they won't. -ohbfrank-

darkside 04-12-09 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by MTRodaba2468 (Post 9383339)
This, although I know they won't. -ohbfrank-

By the time we get to season 20 I'm expecting to get 4 discs prescratched and tossed in a plain brown paper bag. It is like Fox doesn't even care anymore when it comes to this series and the packaging.

Jason 04-12-09 08:09 AM

I think it's great. The more obscure the better. I hope Season 13 is Frank Grimes, and seasons 14 and 15 get a simultaneous release with matching Sherri and Terri heads.

Actually, if season 13 was a Grimey head, I'd have to buy enough of them to repackage all the seasons in his head.

calhoun07 04-12-09 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jason (Post 9383440)
Actually, if season 13 was a Grimey head, I'd have to buy enough of them to repackage all the seasons in his head.

With the functionally defective packaging???

hasslein 04-12-09 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by calhoun07 (Post 9383270)
Hopefully not, and hopefully they re-release season 11 with the insides matching the rest of the releases.

I almost forgot about that whole spectacular epic fail on Fox's part. I knew there was a reason I didn't pick the season up yet (aside from the fact I was waiting for a sale price on it since it wasn't a season worth spending full price on!)

I don't think it'll get much lower than Target's December price of $14.99... I was holding off hoping for a re-release as well until that sale...

calhoun07 04-12-09 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by hasslein (Post 9383777)
I don't think it'll get much lower than Target's December price of $14.99... I was holding off hoping for a re-release as well until that sale...

For various reasons not worthy getting into here, I tend to avoid the Target near me during the Holiday period. The main reason is the way they try to direct traffic in and out of the shopping center area, which is supposed to make things easier I guess but turns it into one big traffic nightmare. So I never saw this special.

I am intending to write to Fox at the link provided in this thread and express to them my dissatisfaction. I am sure other people have, but one more can't hurt. After all, we got them to release the MASH bonus features individually on DVD instead of just in the complete series set, and they eventually did re-release season six in a proper BOX instead of a puffy plastic head, so they do seem to listen.

PHMustang2000 04-12-09 11:02 PM

Mam, I was expecting Abe Next or hell even the dog and Cat

this is how I would do it

12)Abe
13)Ned
14)Mr Burns
15) Smithers
16) Moe
17)Barney

Cheato 04-13-09 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by PHMustang2000 (Post 9384391)
I was expecting Abe Next or hell even the dog and Cat

Hell, yeah! The dog and the cat! I didn't even think of them. They would be great!

(BTW, something wrong with your shift key? Unusual capitalization...)

SethDLH 04-13-09 09:46 AM

I haven't been following the packaging of these seasons but how have Mr Burns, Moe, or Millhouse not been used by season 12?

islandclaws 04-13-09 10:42 AM

I was hoping for a Bumblebee Man head, personally.

j/k

I'll get around to picking this up eventually, but I've kind of stopped buying seasons since I realized I was never watching them. Damn syndication.

Cheato 04-13-09 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by SethDLH (Post 9384821)
I haven't been following the packaging of these seasons but how have Mr Burns, Moe, or Millhouse not been used by season 12?

They started with Season 6, and the first 5 (up through Season 10) were the core Simpsons family members. So only one additional season has been released with a character head so far: Krusty for Season 11.

majorjoe23 04-13-09 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Darknite39 (Post 9383001)
Too bad they're wasting that head on this season. They could have held off for a few more and used the tagline "Worst season EVER!" Unfortunately, the irony would likely be lost on most people.

Using "Worst Season Ever" on an actually bad season wouldn't be irony. It would be the opposite or irony.