Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

where'd you get that june 20th date?
Old 05-27-09, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by ShadyLPete
where'd you get that june 20th date?
There is a display up in store showing all the titles on sale and the end date.
Old 05-27-09, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by BretFan1
Has anyone heard of any exclusives for the Macho Man DVD yet? Bonus discs at certain stores, etc?
I hope it comes with free Slim Jims. Snap into a Slim Jim...OOOOOOOOOOOH YEAAAAAAAAH.
Old 05-27-09, 02:08 PM

hate to bring this up again, but on one of jr's new blog he said they got goldberg to do a new "monday night war" dvd, does he mean rise and fall of wcw or is there another monday night war part 2 coming out as well

also can anybody post a updated confirmed list on dvds starting from june.9 macho man onwards
Old 05-27-09, 02:29 PM

JR was talking about the Rise and Fall of WCW. Here's a note on that from Gerweck.net:

- While Ted Turner, Bill Shaw and Eric Bischoff all denied invitations to be a part of the upcoming WWE DVD titled "The Rise and Fall of WCW," others didn't mind participating. Jim Crockett, David Crockett, former President of TBS Sports Harvey Schiller, former booker Kevin Sullivan, former WCW champion Bill Goldberg and others made themselves available for this three disc DVD set. Many current WWE Superstars who had a part in the Monday night wars were also interviewed. This much-anticipated DVD will be released on August 25.
Old 05-27-09, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
hate to bring this up again, but on one of jr's new blog he said they got goldberg to do a new "monday night war" dvd, does he mean rise and fall of wcw or is there another monday night war part 2 coming out as well

also can anybody post a updated confirmed list on dvds starting from june.9 macho man onwards
Judgment Day 2009 - 6/16/09
Extreme Rules 2009 - 7/07/09
Allied Powers: The World's Greatest Tag Teams (3-disc) - 7/14/09
The Great American Bash 2009 - 7/28/09
SummerSlam: The Complete Anthology Vol. 3 - 8/04/09
SummerSlam: The Complete Anthology Vol. 4 - 8/25/09
Night of Champions 2009 - 8/25/09
The Rise and Fall of WCW - 8/25/09
Old 05-27-09, 04:01 PM

cool thanks, macho man and wcw dvds both have been on my most wanted list for years

how much longer till we get a match listing for the rise and fall of wcw, usually when does the match listing get released, how soon before the official release date
Old 05-27-09, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
cool thanks, macho man and wcw dvds both have been on my most wanted list for years

how much longer till we get a match listing for the rise and fall of wcw, usually when does the match listing get released, how soon before the official release date
i guess it depends, we got the official list for the tag team set last month. I say about 3 months, so it should be out in the next couple of weeks hopefully.
Old 05-27-09, 05:47 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by will94
JR was talking about the Rise and Fall of WCW. Here's a note on that from Gerweck.net:

- While Ted Turner, Bill Shaw and Eric Bischoff all denied invitations to be a part of the upcoming WWE DVD titled "The Rise and Fall of WCW," others didn't mind participating. Jim Crockett, David Crockett, former President of TBS Sports Harvey Schiller, former booker Kevin Sullivan, former WCW champion Bill Goldberg and others made themselves available for this three disc DVD set. Many current WWE Superstars who had a part in the Monday night wars were also interviewed. This much-anticipated DVD will be released on August 25.
It doesn't surprise me Harvey Schiller is participating, since he is one of the main assholes who canceled Nitro and sold WCW to Vince for cents on the dollar.
Old 05-27-09, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

booker Kevin Sullivan
Big plus to have him on. I enjoyed his guest booker dvd.
Old 05-27-09, 07:26 PM

yes bad news harvey is on the dvd, he will probably have some excuse or try to make himself a angel trying to save wcw, guys like him hated the product and wanted it off the station even when it was dominating the ratings in 96-97, guys like harvey hated wrestling and never gave it a chance in hell which is a major reason its gone, they even got bishoff to be more "family" in 98 while going up against attitude, bishoff also never wanted to do the thunder program, but harvey and others made him, they did everything to run wcw out of town

either way this dvd will create lots of buzz around the net lol
Old 05-27-09, 07:29 PM

kind of what happened to ecw, for those who know the story and seen the rise and fall of ecw, tnn screwed ecw over, they used ecw as a guinie pig for wwe programming and gave them no hype at all, no commercials, nobody knew it was on unless you happened to switch it there at the exact time, or a hardcore fan
Old 05-27-09, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So, how likely is it that we get a Survivor Series anthology around Christmas time? I haven't heard a peep about it in eons.
Old 05-27-09, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by will94
While Ted Turner, Bill Shaw and Eric Bischoff all denied invitations to be a part of the upcoming WWE DVD titled "The Rise and Fall of WCW," others didn't mind participating. Jim Crockett, David Crockett, former President of TBS Sports Harvey Schiller, former booker Kevin Sullivan, former WCW champion Bill Goldberg and others made themselves available for this three disc DVD set.
I am surprised to see Jim Crockett on that list. As far as I know he has never spoken on any of the WWE programming and DVD's about the sale of Mid Atlantic/NWA/WCW to Turner in 1988. From what I have read it sounded like he was bitter over having to sell and it caused friction within the family.
Old 05-28-09, 08:09 AM

I apologize for reposting questions I had earlier, but I'm hoping it may have just been glanced over. If no one knows then that's fine, but I have always wondered the answer to it.. here is my post from a few pages ago :

The new WWE Allied Powers Tag Team DVD coming out does look good, but it boggles my mind that not one Midnight Express V.S. Rock and Roll Express match is on there.

Does anyone have an answer why the old WCW VHS tapes (I guess..89-93 or 94?) were not the complete PPVs?

And also, does anyone have a complete listing of the old WCW VHS tape releases? I'm not so much interested in like the Rick Rude or Sting like profile tapes, but more of the event tapes like Fall Brawl, etc.

Any info would be great, thanks!
Old 05-28-09, 09:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BobVersion1
I apologize for reposting questions I had earlier, but I'm hoping it may have just been glanced over. If no one knows then that's fine, but I have always wondered the answer to it.. here is my post from a few pages ago :

The new WWE Allied Powers Tag Team DVD coming out does look good, but it boggles my mind that not one Midnight Express V.S. Rock and Roll Express match is on there.

Does anyone have an answer why the old WCW VHS tapes (I guess..89-93 or 94?) were not the complete PPVs?

And also, does anyone have a complete listing of the old WCW VHS tape releases? I'm not so much interested in like the Rick Rude or Sting like profile tapes, but more of the event tapes like Fall Brawl, etc.

Any info would be great, thanks!
I think WWE is focusing only on Tag Teams that had great runs in their company, not on WCW or ECW. Looking at the cover, it lets me to believe that WWE will be probably rewriting the Tag Team history in this set. DX was certainly a great faction, but is not even one of the top 10 Tag teams ever. If they wanted someone from DX to be on the cover, they should have selected the New Age Outlaws, who by far, were more of a Tag Team than HBK and HHH were.
Old 05-28-09, 10:19 AM

this whole "hhh lovefest" that wwe doing is really sad, he main events mania when there are a ton of other worthy talent that should be in that spot, now he is on the cover of the tag team dvd, i use to think hhh got unfairly judged by fans especially net fans, but seeing this crap i guess its true he gets special treatment for being married to steph

hope he gets a ugly divorce, vince will pull a macho man on him, which would be a good thing lol
Old 05-28-09, 02:07 PM

Is there any DVDs that any of you would like released? I'm waiting for a
Chris Jericho and a (WWE Released) Sting DVD set. Hopefully in a few years when Sting retires from TNA, he could do the Hall Of Fame and a DVD. I would like him to wrestle at a Wrestlemania, for his last match but I can't see that happening for some reason. They could always do the DVD with out Sting's help like the Randy Savage DVD, but I can't imagine them releasing that, when he is one of TNA's biggest superstars.
Old 05-28-09, 02:20 PM

Hey does anybody know how rare the WWE Attitude Collection DVD version of Best of Raw Volume 1 is??? I can't seem to find this one anywhere. I know it exists because a friend of mine has one, but I never see it for sale anywhere or in anybody's collection pics. Is it that hard to find?
Old 05-28-09, 02:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by coliseumvideo55
Hey does anybody know how rare the WWE Attitude Collection DVD version of Best of Raw Volume 1 is??? I can't seem to find this one anywhere. I know it exists because a friend of mine has one, but I never see it for sale anywhere or in anybody's collection pics. Is it that hard to find?
I don't think is that valuable anymore, since WWF later released that set along with Vol. 2 on DVD. Still, your best bet to get it will be at Amazon.com.
Old 05-28-09, 02:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dillkid
Is there any DVDs that any of you would like released? I'm waiting for a
Chris Jericho and a (WWE Released) Sting DVD set. Hopefully in a few years when Sting retires from TNA, he could do the Hall Of Fame and a DVD. I would like him to wrestle at a Wrestlemania, for his last match but I can't see that happening for some reason. They could always do the DVD with out Sting's help like the Randy Savage DVD, but I can't imagine them releasing that, when he is one of TNA's biggest superstars.
I think Chris Jericho needs a DVD release as well as the Big Show. I would also like to see DVDs for Kurt Angle (WWF/E years), Sting, Ricky Steamboat, The Complete DX, second Bret Hart set, WCW PPVs, a detailed WCW DVD, a Cruiserweight oriented DVD, an Andre the Giant DVD, a Complete NWO collection, a Booker T DVD, a Tito Santana DVD, and a British Bulldogs DVD.
Old 05-28-09, 02:45 PM

agreed on the jericho set, he more than any other active wwe superstar deserves his own dvd, its long overdue, they can include matches from japan/ecw/wcw/wwe, some of his stuff on the mic from wcw was classic, looking back he was not the big star there but i miss him making fun of the cruiserweights and goldberg being a ass lol

also would like anything wcw related, so much there
-best of nitro
-a real nwo set
maybe just a best of wcw volume 1, 2, 3, etc

bret hart part 2 as well

not sold on sting, always thought he was overrated, not bad but overrated, big show should NOT get his own dvd, atleast not anytime soon, but agreed on the cruiserweight dvd as well

there is so much stuff they can release, i just hope they release stuff like the jericho dvd before a big show or best of new crappy ecw
Old 05-28-09, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'd love to see a 2-disc Bret Hart set, kind of a nice little adendum of matches you wouldn't have thought to have to seen on DVD, like one of his matches against Sid Vicious, another match with Kevin Nash, his first world title win in WCW, his match against Booker T, (I think he wrestled The Rock early on), maybe the first match with Bob Backlund, to name a few.
Old 05-28-09, 05:17 PM

it'll never happen but i want a demolition dvd.
Old 05-28-09, 06:47 PM
Banned

Edge DVD for $12.99 on Amazon.com, this is a steal, I am going to order it tomorrow

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.