DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-09, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
until it is confirmed i believe nothing, macho man was rumored to come out almost 2 years ago and nothing happened, until i hear wwe confirm it its false hope
I'd say there's a world of difference between "not confirmed" and "non-existent".

For some reason, you're acting like it's the latter when, as someone who would be involved in the project has publicly confirmed that he is actively working on the project, all indications are it is the former.
Old 04-30-09, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just picked up Undertaker - Phenom and the nWo DVDs that are out of print. Figured I would attempt to trade them here before going elsewhere since I know a few were looking for them here. The nWo is a WWE release but all the footage is unblurred. An awesome dvd that will never be released again.
Old 04-30-09, 04:10 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Cactus Jack
They don't sell them seperately any more.
As Ron Simmons would say "DAMN"
Old 04-30-09, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DiedLaughing
I just picked up Undertaker - Phenom and the nWo DVDs that are out of print. Figured I would attempt to trade them here before going elsewhere since I know a few were looking for them here. The nWo is a WWE release but all the footage is unblurred. An awesome dvd that will never be released again.
I was a bit disappointed with the NWO release. They spend so much time showing the match where Hulk joins the NWO yet quickly gloss over the Austin/NWO fued. I also wanted to see more of the later NWO years when Sting and Buff Bagel joined up.
Old 04-30-09, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by will94
It was a 20 second highlight of the match, are you really going to complain about that? It's not like they cut it from a full match.

And we get that you want a WCW DVD. But here's the thing, how do expect WWE to do that? Sure, they own the video library, but in terms of a documentary, there's very little there. Sure, you've got Bischoff, Flair, Big Show, Rhodes, Arn Anderson, Jericho, Mysterio, and Malenko, but who else in terms of major names? Aside from possibly not having Hogan involved (which is very possible with his state of affairs at the moment), you're missing:

- Sting
- Luger
- Steiner
- Booker
- Jarrett
- Hall
- Nash
- DDP
- Savage
- Goldberg
- Guerrero
- Benoit
- Sid Viscous
- Bagwell
- Vader
- Vince Russo
- Larry Zybysko
- Mike Tenay
- Ted Turner himself

In fact, aside from Big Show, you have none of the legitimate WCW World Champions under contract to WWE, although Flair and Hogan seem to always be on speaking terms with the company.
I would love to see a Goldberg dvd. I was sad that he fizzled out fast in the WWE. I loved his entrance music and how he just totally dominated.

I haven't watched the WWE in years. The product has really gone down from 10 years ago.
Old 04-30-09, 06:21 PM

2001-02 were descent years, benoit/angle/eddie/lesnar were all there, and seeing wcw guys there was cool, but the invasion angle was done wrong and splitting the brand sucked compared to the attitude

imo when cena/batista began being pushed it started to really sour on me, atleast 01-03 were good, maybe not great but from 04-05ish when wwe started the whole cena/batista lovefest it was to sour for me, along with losing angle/benoit/eddie/lesnar/austin/rock to name some and making it PG, its a different era and somethine im not into at all

why not make raw attitude and smackdown pg
Old 04-30-09, 10:43 PM

So, now that I'm over the 30 post mark, I guess I'll share my collection. I've got 490 DVDs from WWF/E, TNA, ECW, ROH, FIP, Wrestling Society X, NWA, UPW, XWF, UWF-TNA, and Hardcore Homecoming. I won't bore you with pictures of my DVDs on the shelf, as I don't really have any rare or variant DVDs. I usually just buy the best version available (such as the Blockbuster bonus discs). But I do have some autographed pieces in my collection. So, here ya go:

And an aside from my DVD collection, but still wrestling related, something I'm waiting to get framed to hang in my entertainment room:

This poster is signed by just about everyone on the TNA roster at Bound for Glory 2007 (notable exceptions include Sting, Jarrett, Steiner, and Rhino). Even has Pacman Jones, Terry Taylor, Scott D'Amore, and Dixie Carter's signatures.
Old 04-30-09, 10:51 PM

awesome collection. that poster is sweet.
Old 04-30-09, 11:03 PM
Cool New Member

that's a bad ass collection will94 & the poster is awesome
Old 05-01-09, 01:03 AM

is the wrestlemania 20 3 disc set with the really thick packaging rare? I just bought it off of ebay for 35 dollars, mint condition. It's the one with the weird trifold box. I got it when it first came out, and it really meant a lot to me, and I found it worth it to buy it again.
Old 05-01-09, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by dns72
is the wrestlemania 20 3 disc set with the really thick packaging rare? I just bought it off of ebay for 35 dollars, mint condition. It's the one with the weird trifold box. I got it when it first came out, and it really meant a lot to me, and I found it worth it to buy it again.
It had become a rare item. However, Kmart recently put this version out during the Wrestlemania 25 sale they had. So, I think it is not nearly as valuable as it once was. I saw three at Kmart the other day actually.
Old 05-01-09, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by drew4824
It had become a rare item. However, Kmart recently put this version out during the Wrestlemania 25 sale they had. So, I think it is not nearly as valuable as it once was. I saw three at Kmart the other day actually.
Haha, too bad most, if not all kmarts, went out of business, and the closest one is out of my way for that.
Old 05-01-09, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, I think it was rare for a while, because it had been replaced by the Amaray version, but once you could get it for 12.99 at K-Mart, I think that might have put a dent in its value.

It's still nice to have the original version.
Old 05-01-09, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by uncle-frank
are there any bio dvds announced other than savage?
On a list of upcoming dvds for the year posted a while ago wasnt there a mention of an Andre the Giant dvd for August?
Old 05-01-09, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

According to KOCH the Tag Teams DVD will be 3 disc, so i'm guessing the 1st disc will have those mini segments (like on Greatest Stars of 90s) on the teams from WWE/WCW/ECW and the 2nd and 3rd disc will be matches.

This looks like it will be a great release, but too bad they won't include the awesome tag matches from SD in 2002 with Benoit, especially the 2/3 Falls with Edge/Mysterio vs. Benoit/Angle.
Old 05-01-09, 09:52 PM
Suspended

Haven't been visiting here in a while but woah! my name often throws in back & forth on the sour topic once in a while, but heck those are people's opinions so what can i say.

Anyways Will94 & Grandetrouille, Awesome Wrestling DVD's & Awesome Collection of Autographs.

my small additions nonetheless we'll open the contents later on:

Found the WWF: Lita dvd sealed the other for $4 the other day.
Old 05-01-09, 10:39 PM

Everyone here that Ive seen has a great collection and I look to get that way someday. Thats funny Throwback cause I just picked up Starrcade and Greatest Superstars of the 90's also today, but also got Edge Decade of Decadence and Wrestlemania 21 3 Disk
Old 05-01-09, 11:55 PM

i dont mean anything by this, just asking a simple question

do collectors like throwback open those dvds and watch them, like for throwback, have you watched your entire collection or do collect just to have them
Old 05-02-09, 12:07 AM

To answer your question chuck, all of my DVDs are open and get watched regularly. I'm a wrestling fan and enjoy watching wrestling, thus why I collect DVDs. However, I can understand those who keep them sealed and just leave them on the shelf. I mean, I also collect diecast race cars, not to play with, but to just sit on a desk or shelf and display.

I know it's been out at ROHWrestling.com for awhile now, so I have to ask, does anyone have any idea what the match listing is for TNA's Second 2 None Tag Teams DVD that's coming out on Tuesday? It interests me, but I don't want to blind buy it if it's just going to be full of PPV matches that I already own by having all but 1 of TNA's monthly PPVs in my DVD collection.
Old 05-02-09, 12:08 AM

WM20 in the big fat packaging? At KMart? I'm so blind to old stuff I mustve glossed right by it...I own one that I bought on the original day of release in 2004, however I'll be looking for one at KMart this weekend being that one of the plastic disc holders fell off and I used tape to fix it, which looks like crap. If I can find one I'll grab it considering the fact there's nothing coming out to pique my interest (other than WM25 & TNA Tag Teams) this month.
Old 05-02-09, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Aces_High
I own one that I bought on the original day of release in 2004, however I'll be looking for one at KMart this weekend being that one of the plastic disc holders fell off and I used tape to fix it, which looks like crap.
That's what happened to my first copy. The glue wore off, the plastic fell off, and I tried to use a glue-gun to put it back together, but it fell apart again.

I was excited to find the amaray case, because I could have WM XX and not have it fall apart on me.

But I bought the original version at K-mart and am keep it sealed, not because it's expensive, but because it's so pretty.
Old 05-02-09, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
That's what happened to my first copy. The glue wore off, the plastic fell off, and I tried to use a glue-gun to put it back together, but it fell apart again.

I was excited to find the amaray case, because I could have WM XX and not have it fall apart on me.

But I bought the original version at K-mart and am keep it sealed, not because it's expensive, but because it's so pretty.
Tip: Don't keep it nest to a heat source. I have the original DVD release of WrestleMania XX in the same condition when I purchased it.
Old 05-02-09, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Never did. In fact, for a few years my room didn't even get heat. And like I said, I'm keeping this one sealed, so there's so way it'll collapse.
Old 05-02-09, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by will94
.I know it's been out at ROHWrestling.com for awhile now, so I have to ask, does anyone have any idea what the match listing is for TNA's Second 2 None Tag Teams DVD that's coming out on Tuesday? It interests me, but I don't want to blind buy it if it's just going to be full of PPV matches that I already own by having all but 1 of TNA's monthly PPVs in my DVD collection.
I received it yesterday from ROHwrestling.com and it comes in a cool slip cover (like the Jarrett Jarrett DVD). From the back of the DVD, it says the following matches:

Team 3D vs. Christian Cage/Rhino
Team 3D vs. Rick Steiner/Animal
Beer Money Inc. vs. Team 3D vs. Abyss/Matt Morgan
LAX vs. AJ Styles/Eric Young
MCMG vs. Senshi/Christopher Daniels
and much more!

I popped in the 1st disc and theres lots of content (3hrs 21 minutes) and many matches are from Impact, and few from PPVs like Turning Point 07, Victory Road 08, Genesis 07, Lockdown 07, Slammiversary 07.

The 2nd disc is close to 3hrs and all matches are from ppvs such as Bound for Glory 08, Hard Justice 08, No Surrender 08, Genesis 09, Against all Odds 07, Destination X 07, Bound for Glory 07, and Victory Road 08. Theres also 2 bonus matches as extras from Impact (one of them being Lethal and Creed cashing their "Feast or Fired" case on Impact against Beer Money).

Last edited by sg2386; 05-02-09 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-02-09, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I really don't understand why TNA releases collections that have mostly matches from PPV. Is it because most Impact matches are short, or are they assuming that people buying the compilations might not have the ppvs on DVD.

That's an okay list, but I'm definitely not going to get it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.