DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-09, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
see this guy shows off his collection, i just got done arguing this stuff, and a few people said well the collection is for "me" only i dont show it off

then almost every day a person comes on here and shows off his/her collection, its like they bought it just to brag to other people, i dont care about your collection, and you even went further showing your RECORDS, your joking right, this is DVD forum and thats all there is to it buddy

sorry but you seem very arrogant showboating your stuff
Get over it. I didn't sense a hint of arrogance in his post. The only thing I will agree with you on is that Throwback does seem to pimp his collection every chance he gets, which can get a tad obnoxious at times. That being said, more power to him if that's what he wants to do. I personally like seeing pics of peoples collections on here. People do it in other forums here, so I don't see what the huge problem is. Not everyone is going to think like you. I really thought we had gotten past this whole thing the other day.
Old 04-29-09, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by ShadyLPete
WHAT?!!? Theres the best of Brooklyn Brawler & Repo Man DVDs? WTF, were they Region 2 or something?
no region 1. steelbook. they came in a boxset with the best of Braden Walker.
Old 04-29-09, 08:52 PM

thats a pretty sweet collection Grandetrouille
Old 04-29-09, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Doesn't seem theres many WWE DVDs (minus ppvs) releasing in the summer, the only big ones we know are Randy Savage and the Tag Team DVDs.

JR mentioned theres a Rise an Fall of WCW coming out but i think that will be later this year, November most likely along with the Survivor Series Anthology.
Old 04-29-09, 09:04 PM

are there any bio dvds announced other than savage?
Old 04-29-09, 10:13 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

see this guy shows off his collection, i just got done arguing this stuff, and a few people said well the collection is for "me" only i dont show it off

then almost every day a person comes on here and shows off his/her collection, its like they bought it just to brag to other people, i dont care about your collection, and you even went further showing your RECORDS, your joking right, this is DVD forum and thats all there is to it buddy

sorry but you seem very arrogant showboating your stuff
Originally Posted by hbkbiggestfan
Crybaby. Stop being jelous of other peoples collection's and just shut up. I personally enjoy seeing other peoples pictures of their wrestling collections. Sometimes I get a little envious of some of the things I do not have but It doesn't anger me.

Thanks for sharing those pics Grandetrouille! Don't let people like this fool change your mind on sharing your collection with others. He's probably just jealous because his collection consists of Best of the Brooklyn Brawler and Repo Man DVDs.
I'm going to say this once. There is no problem with members posting pics of their collections in this thread. That is one of the reasons it was created and every now and then someone complains without reason. Let's keep the discussion on track and please stop the bickering. Next one to throw an insult or complain (troll) about other members showing their collections will be reported to the mods/administrators. Thanks.
Old 04-29-09, 10:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by uncle-frank
I hope that this year we finally get a Jericho DVD release. It wouldn't surprise me to see another one of Orton and hopefully, Ricky Steamboat will get one now that he has been back in the spotlight.
Old 04-29-09, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Grandetrouille-- awesome collection, top notch I always like looking at other's collections. Not only to see what all they have, but how they display things as well.

Why anyone would complain about someone posting pics of their collection 1 time is beyond me.

I'm more annoyed at the people who post the same thing over and over again ie WCW DVDS
Old 04-29-09, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by dx23
I hope that this year we finally get a Jericho DVD release. It wouldn't surprise me to see another one of Orton and hopefully, Ricky Steamboat will get one now that he has been back in the spotlight.
They came out with an Orton one? I would defiantly pick up a Jericho and Steamboat. Im still hoping WWE comes out with a King of the Ring set for Region 1
Old 04-30-09, 12:36 AM

I now have the complete collection of TNA titles...Finally!

Also got Live & Uncensored WWE Magazine DVD.

All I need now are:
-Wrestlemania XV (Official single release, not from Anthology)
-Trish Collector's Edition
-Viewers choice Best of 2001
-5 titles from the "attitude" series
-US versions of 2002 Vengeance & Judgment Day

Oh and if I want to buy 44 copies of the same dvd, have the money to do so, then what the hell. Why you so interested in how I spend my money?
Old 04-30-09, 12:51 AM

reason why fans complain about a wcw dvd is the fact there is none, there has been many wwe matches re-released time after time such as hart-perfect summerslam 91, they did a good job with rise and fall of ecw and a couple "best of" ecw
but nothing on wcw, a few matches on some sets but not a pure wcw dvd, starrcade was more nwa and older 80s, i want a wcw rise and fall type dvd and make it atleast a 3 disk if not 4, then if it sells great release a best of one

all the great matches and moments from nitro/ppvs/thunder/saturday night especially those 2 years they won the ratings, all that great stuff and yet nothing, i firmly believe vince still is bitter that wcw beat him at his won game, we all know he was a huge ego

starrcade dvd sold great and thats nothing compared to a rise and fall could do, that leaves vince and his ego in the way of making it happen

not worried about jericho getting his dvd, we all know it will happen sooner or later, same goes for smackdown set and other stuff, a wcw dvd is on my top list for dvd i want, even more than the savage set

p.s.anyone notice during the austin-bret mania 13 match on superstars of 90s they made sure to not show any blood, seems like the PG thing is taking effect on the dvds, which is dumb imo, whats next release a ecw dvd without any hardcore, just rate the dvd pg-14 or something
Old 04-30-09, 02:38 AM

p.s.anyone notice during the austin-bret mania 13 match on superstars of 90s they made sure to not show any blood, seems like the PG thing is taking effect on the dvds, which is dumb imo, whats next release a ecw dvd without any hardcore, just rate the dvd pg-14 or something
It was a 20 second highlight of the match, are you really going to complain about that? It's not like they cut it from a full match.

And we get that you want a WCW DVD. But here's the thing, how do expect WWE to do that? Sure, they own the video library, but in terms of a documentary, there's very little there. Sure, you've got Bischoff, Flair, Big Show, Rhodes, Arn Anderson, Jericho, Mysterio, and Malenko, but who else in terms of major names? Aside from possibly not having Hogan involved (which is very possible with his state of affairs at the moment), you're missing:

- Sting
- Luger
- Steiner
- Booker
- Jarrett
- Hall
- Nash
- DDP
- Savage
- Goldberg
- Guerrero
- Benoit
- Sid Viscous
- Bagwell
- Vader
- Vince Russo
- Larry Zybysko
- Mike Tenay
- Ted Turner himself

In fact, aside from Big Show, you have none of the legitimate WCW World Champions under contract to WWE, although Flair and Hogan seem to always be on speaking terms with the company.

Last edited by will94; 04-30-09 at 02:58 AM.
Old 04-30-09, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by uncle-frank
I heard rumors of a Jimmy Snuka release, but I guess they're just rumors.
Old 04-30-09, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
Get over it. I didn't sense a hint of arrogance in his post. The only thing I will agree with you on is that Throwback does seem to pimp his collection every chance he gets, which can get a tad obnoxious at times. That being said, more power to him if that's what he wants to do. I personally like seeing pics of peoples collections on here. People do it in other forums here, so I don't see what the huge problem is. Not everyone is going to think like you. I really thought we had gotten past this whole thing the other day.
Agreed on all fronts. Constant posting of a collection can be obnoxious, but grandetrouille seemed legitimately excited to show off some new stuff, so it's not quite the same.
Old 04-30-09, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ShadyLPete
WHAT?!!? Theres the best of Brooklyn Brawler & Repo Man DVDs? WTF, were they Region 2 or something?
I didn't even get to watch mine! Repo-Man came to my house the same day I got his DVD in the mail
and said I didn't pay for it so he just took it! and my Brooklyn Brawler DVD came into the mail all broken -
looked like someone bashed it in with a baseball bat. As for Branden Walkers DVD - I wasn't home to be
on the internet when the 15 minute time window happened where you could buy his DVD. LOL!

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 04-30-09 at 09:15 AM.
Old 04-30-09, 11:19 AM

on rise and fall of ecw they were missing major key players like raven/sabu/funk just to name a few, if they have eric on it doing what heyman did for rise and fall dvd it will still be great, plus alot of former wcw wrestlers are there, maybe not all but still enough

plus they could still release a "best of" dvd featuring the best matches from wcw, a best of wcw volume 1 maybe
Old 04-30-09, 11:23 AM

what would you prefer than a rose and fall of wcw, another kane dvd? lol
Old 04-30-09, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Grandetrouille
UK PPV Boxes: (filled with R1 NTSC DVDs)
I can't seem to find the box from 2006 with out buying all the DVDs too, can anyone help?

They don't sell them seperately any more.
Old 04-30-09, 12:48 PM

what would you prefer than a rose and fall of wcw, another kane dvd? lol
I would prefer a best of the Red Rooster DVD before I ever see another Kane DVD.
Old 04-30-09, 12:55 PM

^lol
Old 04-30-09, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by ThomaMon
I would prefer a best of the Red Rooster DVD before I ever see another Kane DVD.
It'd be no match for the Best of the Mean Street Posse.
Old 04-30-09, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

With pre-match introductions and narration from Pete Gas? That would be most excellent.
Old 04-30-09, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

starrcade dvd sold great and thats nothing compared to a rise and fall could do, that leaves vince and his ego in the way of making it happen
JR said back in March that he was recording an interview for the Rise and Fall of WCW DVD.

In fact, you commented on it back in March as well. Did you forget?
Old 04-30-09, 02:31 PM

until it is confirmed i believe nothing, macho man was rumored to come out almost 2 years ago and nothing happened, until i hear wwe confirm it its false hope
Old 04-30-09, 02:34 PM

imagine all the great moments from nitro alone-spring breaks, nwo, goldberg, etc
the nitro stuff alone would make a great dvd, then wargames, halloween havoc, so many classic great stuff, there needs to be atleast 2 or 3 sets on wcw like ecw got

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.