Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-09, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

In case you all didn't notice www.wweshop.com has listed WrestleMania 25 DVD/Blu-Ray packages. You can get them with Silver Mania T-shirt, Program, Program and Black Mania T-Shirt, or WrestleMania collecto'r action figure set (WM XIV HBK-Austin). Wal-Mart's website has an "Exclusive edition" listed but no details thus far on what makes it exclusive.
Old 04-25-09, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hbkbiggestfan
In case you all didn't notice www.wweshop.com has listed WrestleMania 25 DVD/Blu-Ray packages. You can get them with Silver Mania T-shirt, Program, Program and Black Mania T-Shirt, or WrestleMania collecto'r action figure set (WM XIV HBK-Austin). Wal-Mart's website has an "Exclusive edition" listed but no details thus far on what makes it exclusive.
My guess is just another superstar or compilation DVD, like how WM22 Walmart exclusive came with Rey Mysterio 619, and WM24 came with McMahon, not sure what came with WM23.
Old 04-25-09, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by sg2386
My guess is just another superstar or compilation DVD, like how WM22 Walmart exclusive came with Rey Mysterio 619, and WM24 came with McMahon, not sure what came with WM23.
I believe it was: WWE: From The Vault - Shawn Michaels.
Old 04-25-09, 06:28 PM

X8 is actually available on Highspots.com but its a resealed versions meaning they opened it and removed the insert and repackaged it. Not really a big deal.

I also remember couple years back Highspots actually had X7 brand new for $30 but looked to be sold out in a day or so. That was a good time to snatch it up.

I'm glad i found WM15-18 back in summer of 2002 when they were still available after the name change and didn't have to pay the high prices for them.
Actually,I paid around 50 dollars for 15-18. 15 I got for 20 dollars, 16 I got for 12.99, 17 I got for 8.99, and 18 I got for 15 dollars. All from ebay. It's good to have the originals with no editing.
Old 04-26-09, 04:48 PM

just lurking around, seen some talk about judgment day 2002. just thought id say that hell in the cell with jericho was a great match.

can anyone recomend some PPV's that are must own.

right now i have:
rumble 2007
survuvor series 2002
unforgiven 2006
mania 2000, 18, 19
ecw (dvd vs. cena)
no mercy 2002
Old 04-26-09, 04:51 PM

one more question i hope someone can answer, i own viva la raza, am i missing anything important if i dont have the eddie dvd from 2004. (matches, promos) if so how many, is it worth it to own both his dvds?
Old 04-26-09, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Your missing:

*Dean Malenko vs. Eddie Guerrero
2 out of 3 pinfalls
ECW (Their Last Match in ECW, easily 5 stars)

*Los Gringos Locos (Eddie Guerrero & Art Bar) vs. Octagon & El Santo Jr.
2 out of 3 pinfalls; Hair vs. Mask match

This is a 5 star match that is clipped to shreds on the DVD which is a major bummer. I'm still mad at WWE for this.

*Guerrero/Jericho from WCW.

I forget which event this takes place in but it is not the same match that is on the Viva La Raza DVD. This is a good match though.

You get a Benoit/Guerrero bout from the WWE days but I can't remember it at the moment

And the last essential your missing is
*Rob Van Dam vs. Eddie Guerrero
Ladder Match for the IC belt; Raw

This is a great back and forth match with a lot of cool spots.

Plus; you get commentary tracks by Guerrero and his opponents for these specific matches respectively:

*ECW Malenko/Guerrero 2 out of 3 pinfalls
*Guerrero/Rey Mysterio WCW Hallowen Havoc match (it's on the viva la raza DVD too put that version excludes this exclusive commentary track)
*RVD/Guerrero ladder match

This DVD has the same Los Guerreros promos that are on the Viva La Raza dvd and the Eddie Guerrero story has a documentary but in my opinion it's not that good.

This DVD is a decent buy if you can get it for a reasonable price. If your a hardcore Guerrero fan then this is a no brainer purchase.
Old 04-26-09, 07:21 PM

cool, thanks. i think i have the RVD match on the Ladder match dvd, but the commentary i want and those matches. yea i hate how they clip the matches. i also dont like how jesse ventura commentary is fucking removed on some dvds
Old 04-26-09, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by uncle-frank
just lurking around, seen some talk about judgment day 2002. just thought id say that hell in the cell with jericho was a great match.

can anyone recomend some PPV's that are must own.

right now i have:
rumble 2007
survuvor series 2002
unforgiven 2006
mania 2000, 18, 19
ecw (dvd vs. cena)
no mercy 2002
Some recommendations:

1) WrestleMania X-Seven (new or used) - Angle/Benoit, TLC 2, Shane/Vince, UT/HHH, and The Rock vs. Steve Austin

2) SummerSlam 2002 - Mysterio/Angle, Edge/Eddie, Benoit/RVD, HBK/HHH, and Rock/Lesnar

3) WrestleMania 21 - Eddie/Mysterio, Money in the Bank 1, UT/Orton, HBK/Angle, and HHH/Batista.

4) Vengeance 2005 - Shelton/Carlito, Edge/Kane, HBK/Angle II, Cena/Y2J/Christian, and HHH/Batista - Hell in a Cell

5) WrestleMania 22 - Money in the Bank 2, Benoit/JBL, Edge/Foley, HBK/McMahon, and Angle/Orton/Mysterio

6) SummerSlam 2006 - Big Show/Sabu, Flair/Foley, DX vs. The McMahons, and Edge/Cena

7) Unforgiven 2006 - Hardy/Morrison, DX vs. The McMahons - Hell in a Cell, Trish/Lita, and Edge/Cena - TLC

8) WrestleMania 23 - Money in the Bank 3, Benoit/MVP, Batista/Undertaker, Lashley/Umaga, and HBK/Cena

9) No Mercy 2007 - HHH/Orton, HHH/Orton - Last Man Standing, HHH/Umaga, Mysterio/Finlay, and Batista/Khali - Punjabi Prison

There are a few in 2008, but nothing amazing, save for WrestleMania 24.
Old 04-26-09, 10:32 PM

Wrestlemania X-seven is a must have, if you can find it. It is probably THE dvd to have.
Old 04-26-09, 11:47 PM

I finally found a Walmart that had the Royal Rumble steelbook in stock. I picked up an extra in case anybody needs it. I will sell it for $20 shipped because I don't want to overcharge anyone. I am also selling my Canadian version, which is still sealed, for $32 shipped. I ordered the Canadian version from Amazon Canada because I didn't think I would be able to find one at Walmart.
Old 04-28-09, 11:28 AM

X8 is actually available on Highspots.com but its a resealed versions meaning they opened it and removed the insert and repackaged it. Not really a big deal.
What's the point of such a procedure?
Old 04-28-09, 12:23 PM

Hey, I was the one who found JD 2002 on Amazon for $50 last week. Most of you said it would be the KOCH edition, turns out it was the WWEShop USA release. It was labeled as used, but hell if i can tell. Disc looks great & the case looks great. I'm pumped about this one.
Old 04-28-09, 02:49 PM

Good find. If I had the money, I would probably attempt to buy it, but the only 2 matches that interested me I've seen before, or already have on dvd.
Old 04-28-09, 02:51 PM

I managed to get it for FREE from my mate, he gave me a whole bunch of WWF/E DVD's as he isnt a fan anymore

What he gave me :
SummerSlam 2000 & 2001
Undertaker - The Phenom
Three Faces of Foley
Judgment Day 2002
No Mercy 2002
Unforgiven 2002
Unforgiven 2001
InVasion
Vengeance 2001
King Of The Ring 2001
WrestleMania XV

And loads more!
Old 04-28-09, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just watched Cyber Sunday '08. I'd been meaning to pick it up for a while, but couldn't find a copy that I liked. Here's a review:

Rey Mysterio vs. Kane - No Holds Barred
I could never understand why everyone was so against these two feuding. Yes, the feud itself was oddly written, but people also seemed to be against it because they were mismatched. Is it unlikely someone Rey's size could even last 2 minutes with Kane? Absolutely, but it's still a fun match. Like many, I think Falls Count Anywhere would have been more fun, but the limited use of weapons here actually makes it feel less like a "garbage" match and more like a real match with a loose grasp of the rules. Kane counters Rey's athletics with power, some weapon use, good counters, and a quick pace. Not a great match, but a solid opener.

Matt Hardy vs. Evan Bourne - ECW World Heavyweight Title
What a nice surprise this was. I was relieved that no one voted for Mark Henry (because it had been done four times before), but kind of wanted to see it go to Finlay, because he'd add some nice star power to the show and they'd had good matches. But I was wrong. These two had great chemistry. It was nice to see Matt in the "big man" role, Bourne looked like a superstar and not a spot monkey, the pace was fast, but these two not only wrestled a good match, but it was actually given enough time.

***1/2

Cryme Time vs. John Morrison & The Miz
Maybe it's because we're so used to never seeing these guys on ppv, but this sure felt like a match that belonged on RAW. They had a nice match, and JTG did some nice jumping around, but an actual feud would have made this feel less like filler.

**3/4

Santino Marella vs. The Honkey Tonk Man - IC Championship
It's one of those matches. If you look at it as an actual match, then you'll feel jipped. If you look at it as a segment with a match in the middle, you might find it entertaining. It's great to see Honkey Tonk confront Santino about the "Honkameter," and more fun to see Goldust and Roddy Piper get involved. A fun little segment, but not a match.

The Undertaker vs. Big Show -Last Man Standing
I would have never thought this possible. I used to be against "big man" matches because while they're an awesome sight, they're usually very slow. Show and UT never had a good match before 2008, and I had little reason to think this would be different. But since they had last wrestled, not only had UT gotten even better than he was in 2006 (when they had their last match), but Big Show lost a ton of weight and upped his game. Their match at No Mercy was a real surprise; one of the best "big man" matches I'd ever seen. The amazing thing was that it had such a fast pace, was action-packed, and had a shocking finish. This rematch is even better. Size is what plays a factor in them trying to keep each other done, and there's quite a few close calls. The only curiousity is when UT is at the 9 count, and the referee clearly waits for UT to get up. It's very strange because UT had clearly lost the match (or was unaware of how slowly he was rising), but the ref kept counting. That oddity aside, even the finish was great.

Triple H vs. Jeff Hardy - WWE Championship
Some have said that this match was a retread of their match at No Mercy, but I disagree. What made this match interesting, and feel real was that Jeff was hesitant to go for pins. He learned from his mistakes of their previous match, and wanted to make sure HHH was knocked out before trying to win. HHH has some nice counters for Jeff's high-flying moves, and the finish is definitely a surprise. And I'm not a HHH-hater by any means, but Hardy should have won. He came close at Unforgiven and No Mercy, and this felt like the right time. Delaying it another two months just seemed like deliberating.

***3/4

Chris Jericho vs. Batista - World Heavyweight Championship
What's the difference between Jericho and Shawn Michaels? Shawn Michaels can carry anyone, as he done with Batista twice in 2008. Y2J could not. The pace was a little sluggish but it felt realistic. I'm neutral to the over-booking at the end. I don't think it was the clusterfuck that some are describing (it did make sense, since all three were somehow linked to the feud), but I can't say it was good, either. The build-up video before really accentuates how Batista had been build up since SummerSlam, but since Y2J was just getting on a roll as champ, I'm fairly certain the only reason Batista won the title was to swerve fans. Not only was it predictable that Y2J would win, but he won it back a week later, confirming that it was a swerve.

Overall, a damn good show handicapped by a so-so main event. Not as good as No Mercy, but better than Survivor Series.
Old 04-29-09, 03:06 PM

So - does anyone have pictures of the Jarrett set yet?
Old 04-29-09, 03:29 PM

Someone posted pics of it, a couple pages back.
Old 04-29-09, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by ShadyLPete
Someone posted pics of it, a couple pages back.
Really? I can't find them anywhere.
Old 04-29-09, 04:43 PM
Cool New Member

Since I've been updating my collection I thought I'd share some stuff I've received in the past year or so

Autographs:

Specials & Promos:

R2 PAL discs:

Action Collection Books:
Missing #5 HHH, should be coming soon
I assume that they're making/have made a #11 & 12, I just haven't been able to find them

UK PPV Boxes: (filled with R1 NTSC DVDs)
I can't seem to find the box from 2006 with out buying all the DVDs too, can anyone help?

Fan Editions:
I need to pick up the Edge set soon!!!

I know this is a DVD forum but I love records and these are a part of my collection

Everything on the shelf:
Looks like I need a bigger one!!
Note the Hulk Hogan Night Light

Last edited by Grandetrouille; 04-29-09 at 05:06 PM.
Old 04-29-09, 06:01 PM

Hey Grandetrouille, nice collection. I have all the Action Collection and I got 11 and 12 a few months back from wwe euroshop.
Old 04-29-09, 06:58 PM

see this guy shows off his collection, i just got done arguing this stuff, and a few people said well the collection is for "me" only i dont show it off

then almost every day a person comes on here and shows off his/her collection, its like they bought it just to brag to other people, i dont care about your collection, and you even went further showing your RECORDS, your joking right, this is DVD forum and thats all there is to it buddy

sorry but you seem very arrogant showboating your stuff
Old 04-29-09, 07:01 PM

Man, shoptna.com's service is slack. I cancelled my backordered copy of the Double J set for $18.xx from Deep Discount to order from shoptna.com for $30 because it said that for a limited time that ALL orders would be autographed by JJ. However, I received my shipment today, and it ain't autographed. I didn't pay $11+ more to get a regular copy. They also messed up my t-shirt order. I ordered the 3 TNA logo t-shirt grab bag in 2XL, and one of the ones they sent me is a 3XL. Now to see if I can actually manage to get someone on the phone again with their CS without having to try for two weeks again.
Originally Posted by chuckliddell
see this guy shows off his collection, i just got done arguing this stuff, and a few people said well the collection is for "me" only i dont show it off

then almost every day a person comes on here and shows off his/her collection, its like they bought it just to brag to other people, i dont care about your collection, and you even went further showing your RECORDS, your joking right, this is DVD forum and thats all there is to it buddy

Personally, I like seeing other people's collections. It's nice to at least get to see some of the cool autugraphs and collectibles that I'll never be able to get myself since I live in a small out-of-the-way town. I know it's a DVD forum, but I enjoyed seeing the records too. I didn't even realize that some of them existed. To each his own, I guess. And no, I am not getting into the whole collector's argument; I'm just saying that it's cool to see some collectibles from time to time.

Last edited by Liontamer; 04-29-09 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-29-09, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by chuckliddell

Crybaby. Stop being jelous of other peoples collection's and just shut up. I personally enjoy seeing other peoples pictures of their wrestling collections. Sometimes I get a little envious of some of the things I do not have but It doesn't anger me.

Thanks for sharing those pics Grandetrouille! Don't let people like this fool change your mind on sharing your collection with others. He's probably just jealous because his collection consists of Best of the Brooklyn Brawler and Repo Man DVDs.

Last edited by hbkbiggestfan; 04-29-09 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-29-09, 07:53 PM

WHAT?!!? Theres the best of Brooklyn Brawler & Repo Man DVDs? WTF, were they Region 2 or something?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.