Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-09, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

The only difference is that it says "Koch" in tiny ass letters on the spine, right? It's amazing that something like that could be an issue for people.
Old 04-24-09, 05:36 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
The only difference is that it says "Koch" in tiny ass letters on the spine, right? It's amazing that something like that could be an issue for people.
Actually, some of those that say Koch also have the WWF logo blurred and everything else changed to WWE.
Old 04-24-09, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dx23
Actually, some of those that say Koch also have the WWF logo blurred and everything else changed to WWE.
the US and KOCH versions of WWE/WWF DVDs are exactly the same but the difference is KOCH is written on the spine and back. That's it!

Judgment Day 2002 KOCH has no blurring of the WWF logo and they mention WWF and have those get the "F" out ads during the show.

Backlash 2002 was the first WWE produced DVD since the name change and the cover has WWE written on it but the show itself was uncensored with the scratch logo. Same deal with Insurrextion 2002.

There is absolutely no difference in quality of the DVDs between US and KOCH. Its the same damn show with no changes.

Sure, people can't find the US version of JD 2002 but just settle with what you can find at a reasonable price whereas the US version cost 5 times more.

Some people are way too picky about these sort of things especially with what is written on the spine and back...who cares?!? are you going to stand there and look at the spine all day or watch the damn show?!?!?

Last edited by sg2386; 04-24-09 at 05:58 PM.
Old 04-24-09, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
It's probably the Koch version. That's the one I got. If you're a stickler for that kind of thing, it might bother you. I'm somewhere in between. I'd rather have the US version, but it was such a fun show, I'm still glad I have it.
I found the Koch version on eBay for $13 last summer and it's worth it easily just for RVD/Guerrero and Angle/Edge.

Everybody craps all over the WWE in 2002 but they were trying different things (even though some of it didn't work out) and it was definitely interesting to watch.
Old 04-24-09, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by DerangedHermit
Everybody craps all over the WWE in 2002 but they were trying different things (even though some of it didn't work out) and it was definitely interesting to watch.
2002 was a bad year. One notable tine was the name change to WWE.

As for having the Koch releases, I have three. Lita: It Just Feels Right, Best of The WWF 2001, and Insurrexion 2002.
Old 04-24-09, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
p.s.isnt the point of buying wrestling dvds to watch wrestling, who cares about that extra stuff, i mean isnt it kind of "nerdy" to be consumed buy stuff like that

its like star wars, its cool you like it, but some people take it to far, instead of meeting girls and having fun they spend all there time collecting stuff that doesnt matter but in there mind they build it up like it does cause they have nothing else

i know its harsh but im trying to help and telling the facts
Gee, Thanks for Coming into a DVD Talk Discussion board and laying down the law so to speak.

I love how everyone makes such a big fucking deal when it comes to being a collector. I'm sure every Volume of these threads have the same posts about how "I'll never understand why someone needs 5 rey DVD's" or "how can someone spend all that money." Jeez, What's so damn hard to believe that we have obsessed collectors out there. We know were obsessed and anal, we type it into each post. You can't understand why?....no shit that's why your not a collector on the same level as a Throwback or untitled1. No big deal. It's a choice. Anyone who was or currently is a serious collector of any THING understands what goes into it and where the passion comes from. I love being a collector, I find enjoyment in every aspect, If I didn't. I wouldn't be doing it.

You can pretend your not pointing figures and singling anyone in particular but we all know who these posts refer to. You wanna call us a bunch of uber-nerds, who can't get laid because we currently have too many DVD's. Cool, you win. I hope you feel better about yourself.

But the bottom line is there's nothing wrong with finding joy in a hobby no matter how extreme one takes to there hobby. You can't figure that out then maybe your the one with the problem on some level.
Old 04-24-09, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BrIaNMeRcY
2002 was a bad year. One notable tine was the name change to WWE.
2002 was as good a year of transition as you would hope to expect.

The truth is, the first six months of 2002 were like WCW in 2000; it was the same old faces. Triple H feuded with Kurt Angle (like in 2000), Chris Jericho (ditto), and The Undertaker ('01). Austin feuded with Undertaker for maybe the 7th straight year, Hulk Hogan won the championship, and the potential main-eventers from the invasion (RVD and Booker, basically) got shit on.

But like in 2008, despite the poor quality of the programming, the ppvs were quite good. Judgment Day '02 has Eddie/RVD, Edge/Angle, Austin vs. Flair & Big Show, HHH/Y2J, and as good a Hogan/UT match you're going to get from them.

The second half was so different from the first, because it was about new faces; Lesnar as champ, RVD as a title contender, HBK returning. The second half was much better.
Old 04-24-09, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The summer of 2002 started to pick up nicely and was the start of probably the best year for Smackdown, especially the "Smackdown six"; Edge, Mysterio, Eddie Guerrero, Chavo Guerrero and Kurt Angle.

2002 was a pretty good year and they ended it in a high note. I thought 2003 was pretty weak for RAW mostly, but Smackdown was still awesome and produced the best brand exclusive ppv that year (Vengeance).
Old 04-24-09, 07:45 PM

Was "Best of The WWF 2001" dvd a Koch Exclusive in Canada or was it available in the US as well? I've been collecting since day one but have never seen that dvd except on ebay or when someone on here has mentioned it.
Old 04-24-09, 07:52 PM

Also I found on the Navarre website...

Against All Odds 2009 - 07/07/2009
Destination X 2009 - 07/28/2009
Old 04-24-09, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by sliccric2006
Was "Best of The WWF 2001" dvd a Koch Exclusive in Canada or was it available in the US as well? I've been collecting since day one but have never seen that dvd except on ebay or when someone on here has mentioned it.

yes it is a koch/canada exclusive.
Old 04-24-09, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sliccric2006
Also I found on the Navarre website...

Against All Odds 2009 - 07/07/2009
Destination X 2009 - 07/28/2009
That's surprising. I suppose that means they're only going to do "Cross the line" sets when the ppvs are consecutive.

I won't be getting either. AAO was bland and Destination X was close to a disaster.
Old 04-24-09, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by sg2386
are you going to stand there and look at the spine all day or watch the damn show?!?!?
Spine all day. That show sucked!
Old 04-24-09, 11:56 PM

I consider myself a pretty dedicated collector, as I've got nearly 400 DVDs from WWE/WWF, TNA, ECW, ROH, FIP, and a few other random promotions, but I'm not one to collect every variation or different cover or exclusive. All of my DVDs are opened and are watched quite frequently. I'm a wrestling fan, so I buy for the content. The only duplicate DVD's I have are WrestleMania 23 (the 3-disc set and the Blockbuster exclusive for the Extreme Rules tag match on ECW after WM) and The Rock: Just Bring It! (the single disc WWF release and the double disc WWE release).

I determine where I draw the line on purchases based on what's on the disc. For example, I don't own TNA's two Best of the Bloodiest Brawls DVDs (not including the one under the NWA-TNA banner), the Ultimate Matches DVD, or the Best of Abyss DVD because there are no matches on any of these discs that I don't own on DVD because I have -+the entire PPV library.

However, I completely understand those who do buy everything and keep them sealed or buy multiple copies of a DVD for different art or bonus discs. It's a collection. Some people collect ball cards, some people collect diecast cars, and others collect DVDs. It's not that odd really.

Last edited by will94; 04-25-09 at 12:06 AM.
Old 04-25-09, 12:55 AM

I can understand in a certain sense to why someone would want to have all four covers of the Rey Mysterio dvd, especially if Rey Mysterio was their favorite wrestler.

I am an Edge fan, and I collect wrestling figures and I have to have every Edge figure that I can find. So if the Edge dvd that was released had different covers for it, I too probably would want to get them all just to say "yeah, I collect Edge, therefore I have all the dvd covers that came out for his dvd."

Plus if you are a collector then it makes perfect sense to get all you can of said dvds. Why wouldn't you?? It's like when we were younger and collected hockey cards. You wanted to get all of them, even the no name players who were only worth 5 cents, but we had to get them to complete the set.

As for that feeling that just because someone is passionate about something and collects heavy into that said collection that they don't get laid, that is complete and utter bullshit. It's easy to still collect things we like and still hold every day life situations like talking to girls, dating girls and screwing girls.

Life is all about passion, and enjoying it to the fullest. If that means wanting to collect wrestling dvds, wrestling figures, transformers, hockey cards, stamps, shot glasses, hell even TV guides like George Costanza's father did on Seinfeld then so be it!! It doesn't mean you are some freak who can't communicate with the real world and get action from the opposite sex.

That's my take on the matter.
Old 04-25-09, 01:19 AM

Why is Judgement Day 2002 so hard to find? I would think that things like Wrestlemania XV, 2000, and X-seven would be more difficult to find?
Old 04-25-09, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dns72
Why is Judgement Day 2002 so hard to find? I would think that things like Wrestlemania XV, 2000, and X-seven would be more difficult to find?
Its because Judgment Day 2002 was only available on WWEshop for a limited time in US but was available in Canada everywhere so thats why the Canadian version is easier to find on ebay or amazon marketplace since it was widely available unlike the US. Same thing with Vengeance 2002.
Old 04-25-09, 01:29 AM

Its because Judgment Day 2002 was only available on WWEshop for a limited time in US but was available in Canada everywhere so thats why the Canadian version is easier to find on ebay or amazon marketplace since it was widely available unlike the US. Same thing with Vengeance 2002.
That makes sense. The XV-18 dvds are still rare, because I see them go to almost 60 dollars on ebay. X seven is usually hard to find on e-bay, but they usually go for high prices.
Old 04-25-09, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by shacmasta
Gee, Thanks for Coming into a DVD Talk Discussion board and laying down the law so to speak.

I love how everyone makes such a big fucking deal when it comes to being a collector. I'm sure every Volume of these threads have the same posts about how "I'll never understand why someone needs 5 rey DVD's" or "how can someone spend all that money." Jeez, What's so damn hard to believe that we have obsessed collectors out there. We know were obsessed and anal, we type it into each post. You can't understand why?....no shit that's why your not a collector on the same level as a Throwback or untitled1. No big deal. It's a choice. Anyone who was or currently is a serious collector of any THING understands what goes into it and where the passion comes from. I love being a collector, I find enjoyment in every aspect, If I didn't. I wouldn't be doing it.

You can pretend your not pointing figures and singling anyone in particular but we all know who these posts refer to. You wanna call us a bunch of uber-nerds, who can't get laid because we currently have too many DVD's. Cool, you win. I hope you feel better about yourself.

But the bottom line is there's nothing wrong with finding joy in a hobby no matter how extreme one takes to there hobby. You can't figure that out then maybe your the one with the problem on some level.
Nice words my good man.

When I constantly hear the crap about "obsessive pointless collections", "can't get laid" etc etc I just laugh. I collect because I enjoy it and it's my passion, end of. If I want to buy 5 versions of the Rey Mysterio set (which I did) then I will look at it in my collection and be proud that I am "that sad" to have something in my collection that wasn't even for sale in my country. If I offered my collection to all the guys in question who don't see the point in collecting everything, then I am 100% sure they would take it.

I own virtually every Silvervision UK WWF/E release from 1990 and this includes VHS, DVD and Blu Ray, and due to the extensive time period in which I have been collecting I feel an obligation to never miss a UK release. The same goes for all the worldwide releases, I come on here to find out about them and then go and track them down for the collection and believe it or not it's fun. Do I need a signed Leather Wrestlemania Anthology by Vince Mcmahon, The Exclusive Hell In A Cell Busts, or all 4 Fan Edition DVD sets?, the answer is probably not but there is nothing better in my eyes than having a package shipped halfway across the world to end up in your collection.

People can have their own opinions about me but at the end of the day this is just a message board to me. It's something I look at in my spare time, and if anybody wants to see me send me a PM or something and if you are on facebook or something we can catch up ha ha
Old 04-25-09, 08:46 AM

Hey all, Im sure this has been asked before but does anyone know if there is a place to get past WWF/E events like Silvervision does in Region 2 with the tagged classics but for Region 1, or is the real only way to get a Region Free Player and order from Ebay or Amazon? Any help would be great, Mostly what I am searching for are The In Your House and King of the Ring PPV's Thanks.
Old 04-25-09, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by bi0hzrd51
Hey all, Im sure this has been asked before but does anyone know if there is a place to get past WWF/E events like Silvervision does in Region 2 with the tagged classics but for Region 1, or is the real only way to get a Region Free Player and order from Ebay or Amazon? Any help would be great, Mostly what I am searching for are The In Your House and King of the Ring PPV's Thanks.
The old World Wrestling Federation ppv's are only available from the European distributor Silvervision in the form of WWE Tagged Classics. If you want the events you have mentioned you need to buy a multi region DVD player or track down the old VHS tapes.
Old 04-25-09, 09:25 AM

Well I looked on their site however they only distrubute to Region 2 and wont ship over seas. So really aside from Multi Region Player is to seach Ebay?

Thanks for the quick and helpful response
Old 04-25-09, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by bi0hzrd51
Well I looked on their site however they only distrubute to Region 2 and wont ship over seas. So really aside from Multi Region Player is to seach Ebay?

Thanks for the quick and helpful response
Try amazon.co.uk, and hmv.co.uk both of which ship worldwide. You could also use Ebay but you may pay slightly higher prices.
Old 04-25-09, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dns72
That makes sense. The XV-18 dvds are still rare, because I see them go to almost 60 dollars on ebay. X seven is usually hard to find on e-bay, but they usually go for high prices.
X8 is actually available on Highspots.com but its a resealed versions meaning they opened it and removed the insert and repackaged it. Not really a big deal.

I also remember couple years back Highspots actually had X7 brand new for $30 but looked to be sold out in a day or so. That was a good time to snatch it up.

I'm glad i found WM15-18 back in summer of 2002 when they were still available after the name change and didn't have to pay the high prices for them.

Last edited by sg2386; 04-25-09 at 11:49 AM.
Old 04-25-09, 12:33 PM

I picked up the World X Cup DVD today. For those wondering, here is what is on it:

- World X Cup intro package

- iMPACT June 19, 2008: Tyson Dux & Daivari vs. Motorcity Machineguns

- iMPACT June 26, 2008: Speed Muscle vs. Ultimo Guerrero & Rey Bucanero

iMPACT July 3, 2008:
- Alex Koslov vs. Rey Bucanero
- Milano Collection AT vs. Curry Man

- World X Cup video package

iMPACT July 10, 2008:
- Masato Yoshino vs. Doug Williams
- JB interviews Kaz and Team TNA
- Ultimo Guerrero vs. Kaz

Victory Road 2008:
- 12 Man Elimination Tag Match
- Ultimate X video package
- Ultimate X Match: Naruki Doi vs. Volador Jr. vs. Daivari vs. Kaz

Bonus Features:
TNA iMPACT June 12, 2008:
- JB interviews Daivari, captain of Team International
- World X Cup Preview Match: Motorcity Machineguns vs. Speed Muscle
- World X Cup Preview Match: Alex Koslov vs. Curry Man

TNA iMPACT June 19, 2008:
- Kaz promo
- World X Cup Preview Match: Alex Koslov vs. Kaz

I also remember couple years back Highspots actually had X7 brand new for $30 but looked to be sold out in a day or so. That was a good time to snatch it up.
That's actually where I picked up X-Seven from. Paid $34 for it and it was a brand new, sealed copy.

I've gotten lucky and found most of the older WWF DVDs at my local used DVD store in really good condition for 15 bucks or less.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.