DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-09, 06:47 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Originally Posted by Grandetrouille
I always thought this forum was meant for retail releases only, not bootlegs!!
Yes, you are correct. I don't know what mods think of this grey area though, since people here are talking about unreleased stuff and DVR recordings, but please try to keep things back on track since I don't want this thread closed.
Old 04-19-09, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dx23
Yes, you are correct. I don't know what mods think of this grey area though, since people here are talking about unreleased stuff and DVR recordings, but please try to keep things back on track since I don't want this thread closed.
Agreed. Going back to a DVD related discussion, what are the odds of finding the Steelbook version of the 2009 Royal Rumble? I'm planning to go to Walmart to hunt it down.
Old 04-19-09, 11:30 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by BrIaNMeRcY
Agreed. Going back to a DVD related discussion, what are the odds of finding the Steelbook version of the 2009 Royal Rumble? I'm planning to go to Walmart to hunt it down.
Mine have been slim to none. I've visited about 15 Wal-Marts and called another 15....No Dice!!!!!
But New York could be a different story. I would call around before wasting any gas & time.
Old 04-19-09, 11:52 PM

i found mine like 3 days ago. i was actually picking something else up, saw RR on the shelf picked it up to see if it was the steelbook and sure enough it was, and i got it for only $13.00. not bad.
Old 04-19-09, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Aces_High
Those of you having trouble finding the XCup dvd, it's official release date is next Tuesday 4.21, according to the guy at Sat Matinee who looked it up on the system. I was lucky enough to find a lone copy for 11.99 at 1 of the 2 FYE's in the area.
No wonder I couldn't find it. I'll have to make another trip to FYE later in the week to see if I can pick it up.
Old 04-20-09, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by BrIaNMeRcY
I still see at least one Steelbook at every one of the Wal-Marts near me. Heck, I saw 2 at the WM I popped into today. Some people do seem to have trouble finding them though. Guess maybe it depends where you are.

Originally Posted by Cory02
No wonder I couldn't find it. I'll have to make another trip to FYE later in the week to see if I can pick it up.
I managed to find the World X Cup DVD and even saw the FYE exclusive covers of TNA Knockouts Vol. 2 and the first Cross the Line set, but I can't find the JJ set or the new Cross the Line PPV set anywhere. I'll probably just break down and order them from somewhere online.
Old 04-20-09, 03:54 PM

My walmart had 4 steelbooks left, and I picked one up. I also got insurrextion 2002 in the mail today, which was the last event under the WWF name.
Old 04-20-09, 04:56 PM
Cool New Member

I had to finally break down & get my RR09 steelbook from eBay
ohhh well, it was less of a headache that way.
I picked up several other goodies too which I will share once I reach 30 posts
Old 04-20-09, 06:05 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Liontamer
I managed to find the World X Cup DVD and even saw the FYE exclusive covers of TNA Knockouts Vol. 2 and the first Cross the Line set, but I can't find the JJ set or the new Cross the Line PPV set anywhere. I'll probably just break down and order them from somewhere online.
I believe that shopTNA still has signed JJ sets left, got mine in today. The packaging of the discs in in a word unique
Old 04-20-09, 10:19 PM

Anyone know anything about WrestleMania 25 exclusive DVD packages from any stores? Also I thought Royal Rumble was going to be released on Blu-Ray. If so when?
Old 04-20-09, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Grandetrouille
I believe that shopTNA still has signed JJ sets left, got mine in today. The packaging of the discs in in a word unique
Yeah, I think I'll probably go for one of those if they ever answer my phone message or e-mails. I've been trying to find out for over a week if the Christian DVD they are selling is the regular 7 match version available everywhere or the version with the bonus 8th match. I want to know before placing my order (to qualify for free shipping) because I'll pick that up too (and maybe the Angle set too if it's any good) if it's the 8 match version. But they must have some horrible customer service because I can't get anyone on the phone or any response to the e-mails or message I left for over a week now. Their voicemail box has been full for days now too. They're not exactly winning me over to their shop so far.

On the plus side, my hunt for the WWE Blockbuster Exclusive 2-disc 2007 PPV DVDs is now down to only Backlash 2007 after finally finding Unforgiven & Summerslam. If I manage to get it for under $20, I will have gotten them all for less than $20 shipped. Heck, I won No Way Out on eBay for 99 cents + $3 shipping recently.

Last edited by Liontamer; 04-20-09 at 10:39 PM.
Old 04-20-09, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hbkbiggestfan
Anyone know anything about WrestleMania 25 exclusive DVD packages from any stores? Also I thought Royal Rumble was going to be released on Blu-Ray. If so when?
I think we will see a tin package, but probably not exclusive to FYE but rather available in all retails. Just have to wait and see.
Old 04-20-09, 11:14 PM
Cool New Member

Hey everyone...I have a quick question on the Royal Rumble steel case. Do those scratch easy? I saw one at WalMart today and was just curious if they are prone to scratches.
Old 04-20-09, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sg2386
I think we will see a tin package, but probably not exclusive to FYE but rather available in all retails. Just have to wait and see.
Probably. Though based on the RR being a steelbook for Walmart, I wonder if we'll see a WM 25 steelbook, too. Even though it's 3 discs, it could still fit.
Old 04-20-09, 11:45 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by CSUMB84
Hey everyone...I have a quick question on the Royal Rumble steel case. Do those scratch easy? I saw one at WalMart today and was just curious if they are prone to scratches.
I have a couple steel books from the UK with no scratches at all. If they are properly cared for you should have no problems what so ever
Old 04-21-09, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by CSUMB84
No, not if you look after them. What's bad about is, there is a bit of paper wih the match listing on it. It it stuck onto the edge of the front cover, and if you don't look after them very well, they could easily could pulled off.
Old 04-21-09, 08:06 AM

As far as exclusives for WrestleMania go, we're listing an "exclusive" version in our system at Wal-Mart. There's no information on it, but I would expect it to be like years past and be WrestleMania plus an older WWE DVD release attached to it.
Old 04-21-09, 10:15 AM

WrestleMania 25 extras per Silvervision...

Bonus Features

Home Video Exclusive
Lumberjack Match for the Unified Tag Team Championship
Carlito & Primo vs. The Miz & John Morrison

WWE 2009 Hall of Fame Ceremony April 4, 2009
• Terry & Dory Funk
• Koko B. Ware
• The Von Erichs
• Howard Finkel
• Bill Watts
• Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat
• Stone Cold Steve Austin

WrestleMania Highlights
• WrestleMania Highlight
• WrestleMania 2 Highlight
• WrestleMania III Highlight
• WrestleMania IV & V Highlight
• WrestleMania VI Highlight
• WrestleMania VII Highlight
• WrestleMania VIII Highlight
• WrestleMania IX Highlight
• WrestleMania X Highlight
• WrestleMania XI Highlight
• WrestleMania XII Highlight
• WrestleMania 13 Highlight
• WrestleMania XIV Highlight
• WrestleMania XV Highlight
• WrestleMania 2000 Highlight
• WrestleMania X-Seven Highlight
• WrestleMania X-8 Highlight
• WrestleMania XIX Highlight
• WrestleMania XX Highlight
• WrestleMania 21 Highlight
• WrestleMania 22 Highlight
• WrestleMania 23 Highlight
• WrestleMania XXIV Highlight
Old 04-21-09, 10:54 AM

I'm disappointed in WWE really. They used to pack the WrestleMania sets with great extras. I mean, just look at WM22, we got promos, a couple of post-match clips, a post show from WWE.com, a pre-show match, an entire episode of SNME and the Hall of Fame ceremony. 24 and 25 have just been bare-bones.
Old 04-21-09, 11:24 AM
Banned

I've heard that WWE had interviews with the Hall of Famers in order to expand that set with stories and other stuff. I thought it would be released in the WM 25 DVD.
Old 04-21-09, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by will94
I'm disappointed in WWE really. They used to pack the WrestleMania sets with great extras. I mean, just look at WM22, we got promos, a couple of post-match clips, a post show from WWE.com, a pre-show match, an entire episode of SNME and the Hall of Fame ceremony. 24 and 25 have just been bare-bones.
I agree. The newer WrestleMania sets suck, in terms of extras.
Old 04-21-09, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i guess the bonus match and the WM highlights will be the extras for the 2nd disc and the 3rd disc will be the complete HOF with the additional interviews (if any).

But i agree the last couple of WM have been disappointing in terms of extras and i also agree that WM22 had the best extras, also up there is WMXIX and XX.
Old 04-21-09, 02:48 PM
Cool New Member

I made a trip to Wal-mart today not even looking for the RR steelbook but I thought I'd check just in case....low & behold they had 4 of them. I picked them all up so if anyone is still looking I'll sell them for $25 each shipped 1st class with DC or $29 shipped priority with DC to the USA. They will go out the day or day after payment is received
Old 04-21-09, 04:36 PM

Can anyone actually confirm the existence of this 8-match version of the Christian Cage: The Instant Classic TNA DVD that's been mentioned and perhaps post some pictures? I finally got someone to answer the phone at shoptna.com, and their "DVD guy" told me that no such thing exists.
Old 04-21-09, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Liontamer
Can anyone actually confirm the existence of this 8-match version of the Christian Cage: The Instant Classic TNA DVD that's been mentioned and perhaps post some pictures? I finally got someone to answer the phone at shoptna.com, and their "DVD guy" told me that no such thing exists.
As far as I can see, there ARE two versions of this dvd. It appears that the dvd that has Christian's face featured prominently on the front cover has 7 matches. If the cover has a photo of Christian taking of his ring jacket, it should have 8 matches.
Like I said, this is based on what I can see doing a search on eBay. I'm not sure if the seller is selling this version or if it's a stock photo but it does appear to exist.

Here's a pic of the cover actually saying 8 matches...

Last edited by EdTheRipper; 04-21-09 at 05:06 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.