Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Old 06-09-09, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

nice to see great people willing to help a guy out, nice to see you guys take 5 minutes out of your day to help somebody
its so selfish im sick to my stomach
Old 06-09-09, 07:59 PM

if thats not enough, some select people proceed to bash me and make fun of the situation, stay classy guys you should be proud of yourself
Old 06-09-09, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Oh, come on, dude. It was just a good natured joke. You're the only one I see getting all serious about it. You've been almost berating people for days about this out of one side of your mouth, and soliciting a favor from the same people out of the other. Life's too short to get all worked up over something so minor, bud. If you really took offense, I apologize.

In any event, I am done talking about you and your quest to get this dvd set by Friday. I hope you get to enjoy it soon.

Last edited by SexualPudding; 06-09-09 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-09-09, 08:44 PM

TNA is having a pretty good sale and most of their DVDs are on for 7 bucks. It's too bad that their shipping costs to Canada are absolutely terrible. I need the Abyss and old Knockouts DVDs plus there are a few T shirts I would order, but between shipping costs and the duty and brokerage rape, it's not worth it. Anyone in the USA wanna receive an order for me? lol
Old 06-09-09, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Is $11.99 for a used copy of Summerslam '99 a good deal? I just ordered it from secondspin.com (they had it mistitled).
Old 06-09-09, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SexualPudding View Post
Is $11.99 for a used copy of Summerslam '99 a good deal? I just ordered it from secondspin.com (they had it mistitled).
it's a good deal like any other WWF DVD that's OOP.

I remember i got Summerslam 99 DVD off ebay for $10, Attitude Collection: Unforgiven 98 for $5 and Attitude Collection: Rock Bottom 98 for $13 all brand new back in 2006 which i think were the best deals i found on those.

There was another time where i found Summerslam 2001, Survivor Series 2000, Rebellion 2001 and HHH: The Game in the Walmart bargin bin listed at $10 a piece.
Old 06-09-09, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I figured it was a reasonable price, but there are a few of their OOP dvd's that can always be had pretty cheap (KOTR 2000 comes to mind), so I wasn't sure.
Old 06-09-09, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by SexualPudding View Post
I figured it was a reasonable price, but there are a few of their OOP dvd's that can always be had pretty cheap (KOTR 2000 comes to mind), so I wasn't sure.
I'm pretty sure all of their WWF DVDs that are not WM 2000, X-7, X-8, Royal Rumble 2000 or Tough Enough Season 1 are $12.99 or cheaper

Last edited by DerangedHermit; 06-09-09 at 10:49 PM.
Old 06-09-09, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered Lockdown 2009 from ROHWrestling during their 25% off sale and received it today and it came in a nice slip cover like the Tag Teams and Jeff Jarrett DVD. I guess this will be a trend for their ppvs too from now on.
Old 06-10-09, 02:08 AM

Was lucky to pick up the very last copy of the Macho DVD at Best Buy in Hollywood.
Ohhhh Yeah!
Old 06-10-09, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DerangedHermit View Post
I'm pretty sure all of their WWF DVDs that are not WM 2000, X-7, X-8, Royal Rumble 2000 or Tough Enough Season 1 are $12.99 or cheaper
There are quite a few others that routinely sell for quite a bit more than that.
Old 06-10-09, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by chuckliddell View Post
this is why i want someone to pick me up a extra copy, it will all be sold out by friday most likely, im begging anybody from canada to pick up a copy, i will pay whatever its worth plus shipping if u ship it today or tomorrow, please think about other people who want this dvd to, i will even through in a few extra bucks
Check your local HMV (if you have one) on Friday morning. Passed through one last night and they had about 50 copies.
Old 06-10-09, 12:41 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargain...mart-ymmv.html
Old 06-10-09, 03:02 PM

I bought Best of RAW Vol's 1 & 2 on eBay UK for 7. SEALED!
Old 06-10-09, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just finished the 1st disc of the Savage dvd and I really wish they just had Matt Striker do the hosting alone, Maria is just horrible. She has no flow and just seems out of place.
Old 06-11-09, 01:48 AM
Cool New Member

Maria? What the hell?

Eh, still better than Todd Grisham.
Old 06-11-09, 02:05 AM

some peculiar edits on Savage dvd...

disc 1
when Hogan is being counted out they show two random clips of the crowd. those were added in the place of shots of a bloodied Hogan. ridiculous.

disc 2
from the Main Event match... cutting Savage and Hogan's promos but leaving in Buster Douglas'... why?

Dusty Rhodes theme song being absent when it has been on countless WWE DVDs dating back to '07?

not having Flair's actual music from WMVIII, yet having it two matches later? just laziness on the staff's part.

those voice overs of Finkel they insert during the intros sound so out of place it is unbelievable... which is all the more annoying, being that they were completely unnecessary as both those music edits are erroneous.

disc 3
besides dubbing in Penzer introductions in the place of Buffer's on the Bash at the Beach and Great American Bash matches, some scenes have been cut and others added to avoid any focus on Buffer in the ring.

also during GAB entrance... the "oh yeah" they have dubbed in during nWo music is nothing like the one they actually used in WCW. again, just laziness on the part of WWE staff.

on the 'bow to the macho king' promo... it starts off with an 'MSG Network graphic' that has been inserted instead of a close-up on a WWF turnbuckle that was originally shown.

other than these strange edits, some of which are slightly annoying... the content on the Macho Madness DVD is like the Macho Man himself, AMAZING.

Last edited by fyebonusdisc; 06-11-09 at 02:09 AM.
Old 06-11-09, 06:27 AM

I was happy to see Molly as Miss Madness! For me, that alone was worth the $18. LOL! I was also looking forward to watching Hart/Savage vs. Flair/Michaels in dvd quality...did not disappoint. Overall, a great selection of matches... and Striker's commentary was good, really played Savage up as a megastar.
Old 06-11-09, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fyebonusdisc View Post
some peculiar edits on Savage dvd...

disc 1
when Hogan is being counted out they show two random clips of the crowd. those were added in the place of shots of a bloodied Hogan. ridiculous.

disc 2
from the Main Event match... cutting Savage and Hogan's promos but leaving in Buster Douglas'... why?

Dusty Rhodes theme song being absent when it has been on countless WWE DVDs dating back to '07?

not having Flair's actual music from WMVIII, yet having it two matches later? just laziness on the staff's part.

those voice overs of Finkel they insert during the intros sound so out of place it is unbelievable... which is all the more annoying, being that they were completely unnecessary as both those music edits are erroneous.

disc 3
besides dubbing in Penzer introductions in the place of Buffer's on the Bash at the Beach and Great American Bash matches, some scenes have been cut and others added to avoid any focus on Buffer in the ring.

also during GAB entrance... the "oh yeah" they have dubbed in during nWo music is nothing like the one they actually used in WCW. again, just laziness on the part of WWE staff.

on the 'bow to the macho king' promo... it starts off with an 'MSG Network graphic' that has been inserted instead of a close-up on a WWF turnbuckle that was originally shown.

other than these strange edits, some of which are slightly annoying... the content on the Macho Madness DVD is like the Macho Man himself, AMAZING.
How's the blurring, if any? I know most of the blurring usually occurs on WWF stuff from '98-'02, but I still want to check.

Some blur-jobs are so bad they actually kept me from buying the actual DVD. I.E., The Rock collection.
Old 06-11-09, 09:25 AM
Banned

Does Macho Man DVD have the wedding of Elizabeth and Randy? I have fond memories of that wedding and I would love to see it again, thanks
Old 06-11-09, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ It does have the wedding as an extra, and another portion of the DVD shows highlights of it. The DVD also has the proposal bit.
Old 06-11-09, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony View Post
How's the blurring, if any? I know most of the blurring usually occurs on WWF stuff from '98-'02, but I still want to check.

Some blur-jobs are so bad they actually kept me from buying the actual DVD. I.E., The Rock collection.
I've watched all of discs 1 & 2, as well as portions of disc 3, and it's not nearly as bad as some of the older DVD releases. For me, the most noticeable blurring was on a sign that some kid was holding in the crowd during a WCW match that said "WWF Bites".
Old 06-11-09, 09:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mikael79 View Post
^ It does have the wedding as an extra, and another portion of the DVD shows highlights of it. The DVD also has the proposal bit.
Really? That's awesome, I am going to order this!
Old 06-11-09, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They also removed the part in the match against Jake Roberts at "This Tues. in Texas" where Jake slaps Elizabeth. I guess I can see why they would want to edit it out, but that was a pretty big moment in their feud.
Old 06-11-09, 10:37 AM

wow, i get some stuff needs to be edited but some of that stuff is just lazyiness

and again why edit out the blood and the "wwf bites" i get wwe is PG, but that doesnt mean the dvds should be either, and edited out anti-wwe signs is just an ego thing for mcmahon

but why would they dub "oh yeah" from his nwo music, i dont understand, did savage trademark that phrase, why didnt they just leave the orginal music instead of dubbing, same with the flair music

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.