Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Old 05-28-09, 06:52 PM
  #576  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 82
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Anyone hear if TNA will start releasing their PPV DVDs in Widescreen now that they are broadcasting the PPVs in HD?

I really hope they do.
ZT_Styles is offline  
Old 05-28-09, 07:16 PM
  #577  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 68
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Originally Posted by chuckliddell View Post
this whole "hhh lovefest" that wwe doing is really sad, he main events mania when there are a ton of other worthy talent that should be in that spot, now he is on the cover of the tag team dvd, i use to think hhh got unfairly judged by fans especially net fans, but seeing this crap i guess its true he gets special treatment for being married to steph

hope he gets a ugly divorce, vince will pull a macho man on him, which would be a good thing lol
Or because it's smart marketing to put someone the ideal audience (kids) like, making them want to get the DVD...
TehOH1 is offline  
Old 05-28-09, 09:11 PM
  #578  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 923
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Originally Posted by coliseumvideo55 View Post
Hey does anybody know how rare the WWE Attitude Collection DVD version of Best of Raw Volume 1 is??? I can't seem to find this one anywhere. I know it exists because a friend of mine has one, but I never see it for sale anywhere or in anybody's collection pics. Is it that hard to find?
I read somewhere that the single disc release has a few minutes of stuff not on the 2 disc set. I own both so I will check it out whenever i find time.

I bought it new on ebay for $10 a few years ago.
Leechboy is offline  
Old 05-28-09, 10:40 PM
  #579  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bellport, NY
Posts: 751
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Originally Posted by coliseumvideo55 View Post
Hey does anybody know how rare the WWE Attitude Collection DVD version of Best of Raw Volume 1 is??? I can't seem to find this one anywhere. I know it exists because a friend of mine has one, but I never see it for sale anywhere or in anybody's collection pics. Is it that hard to find?
You can buy it used for $7-13: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...3568362&sr=8-6

The rareness for the Attitude Collection I've seen (roughly in order rarest to most common):

Phenom
Austin vs. McMahon
Unforgiven IYH
Rock Bottom IYH
Best of Survivor Series
Austin 3:16 Uncensored
Rock: Know Your Role
Best of Raw
TLC
Eve of Destruction
Three Faces of Foley
Best of Wrestlemania

The top 5 of those are quite relatively rarer than the rest.

Last edited by DerangedHermit; 05-28-09 at 10:45 PM.
DerangedHermit is offline  
Old 05-28-09, 11:03 PM
  #580  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,566
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

The only Attitude Collection DVDs i need are:

Undertaker - Phenom
Best of Survivor Series
Best of Wrestlemania
Tables, Ladders, Chairs
Eve of Destruction
Best of RAW Vol. 1 (i already have the Best of Vol. 1 and 2 but i wouldn't mind having this, just will take my time finding a good price for it)

Few years back i got IYH: Rock Bottom from Highspots for $13 and also got IYH: Unforgiven for $5 on ebay. Both of those were brand new factory sealed with those security stickers. Best deal i ever found on those, never realized those 2 were going to be really rare and hard to find.

I've been trying to find Undertaker: Phenom for couple of years now. I found one that was brand new but was $150 and a few used ones that were no lower than $50.

Last edited by sg2386; 05-28-09 at 11:07 PM.
sg2386 is offline  
Old 05-28-09, 11:12 PM
  #581  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 441
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

how is it "smart marketing" hhh was never the man like stone cold or the rock was, he was never as good as hbk or taker is or was in the ring, the only good years he had was in his prime almost a decade ago

ratings are in the dumps, stone cold outsold EVERYBODY as far a mechandise, the crowd was not even into the main event at wrestlemania, people don't want to see a 40 year old overrated past his prime boring wrestler in the main event at mania

hhh will never be in the same league as wrestlers like macho man, hbk, taker, austin, rock
chuckliddell is offline  
Old 05-28-09, 11:16 PM
  #582  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bellport, NY
Posts: 751
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Originally Posted by chuckliddell View Post
how is it "smart marketing" hhh was never the man like stone cold or the rock was, he was never as good as hbk or taker is or was in the ring, the only good years he had was in his prime almost a decade ago

ratings are in the dumps, stone cold outsold EVERYBODY as far a mechandise, the crowd was not even into the main event at wrestlemania, people don't want to see a 40 year old overrated past his prime boring wrestler in the main event at mania

hhh will never be in the same league as wrestlers like macho man, hbk, taker, austin, rock
This is the wrestling DVD thread, not the bitch about wrestling thread.
DerangedHermit is offline  
Old 05-29-09, 08:49 AM
  #583  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 518
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

I think there should be a British Bulldogs DVD so, here is what it should be like...
British Bulldogs: The Davey Boy Smith & Dynamite Kid Story
Match Listings
Stampede British Commonwealth Mid Heavyweight Championship
Davey Boy Smith Vs Dynamite Kid
Stampede Wrestling - July 9th 1982

WWF Junior Heavyweight Championship Match
Dynamite Kid Vs Tiger Mask
WWF - April 21st 1983

WWF Junior Heavyweight Championship Tournament
Dynamite Kid Vs Davey Boy Smith
WWF/New Japan Pro Wrestling - February 7th 1984

WWF Junior Heavyweight Championship Tournament Final
Dynamite Kid Vs The Cobra
WWF/New Japan Pro Wrestling - February 7th 1984

WWF Tag Team Championship Match
The British Bulldogs Vs Greg “The Hammer” Valentine & Brutas Beefcake
Wrestlemania 2 - April 7th 1986

6 Man Tag Team Match
The British Bulldogs & Tito Santana Vs The Hart Foundation & Danny Davis
Wrestlemania 3 - March 29th 1987

The British Bulldogs Vs Demolition
WrestleFest - July 31st 1988

WWF Intercontinental Championship Match
British Bulldog Vs Bret “Hit Man” Hart
Summerslam - August 29th 1992

WWF Intercontinental Championship Match
British Bulldog Vs Shawn Michaels
Saturday Night’s Main Event - November 8th 1992

WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
Big Van Vader Vs Davey Boy Smith
WCW Slamboree - May 23rd 1993

British Bulldog & Bret “Hitman” Hart Vs Owen Hart & Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart
Monday Night Raw - November 7th 1994

WWF Tag Team Championship Match
British Bulldog & Lex Luger Vs Owen Hart & Yokozuna
In Your House 2: The Lumberjacks - July 23rd 1995

WWF Championship Match
British Bulldog Vs Diesel
In Your House 4: Great White North - October 22nd 1995

WWF Championship Match
British Bulldog Vs Bret “Hitman” Hart
In Your House 5: Season’s Beatings - December 17th 1995

WWF Championship Match
British Bulldog Vs Shawn Michaels
King Of The Ring - June 23rd 1995


WWF Tag Team Championship Match
British Bulldog & Owen Hart Vs The Smoking Guns
In Your House 10: Mind Games - September 22nd 1996

WWF European Championship Match
British Bulldog Vs Owen Hart
Monday Night Raw - March 3rd 1997

WWF European Championship Match
British Bulldog Vs Shawn Michaels
One Night Only - September 20th 1997

WWF European Championship Match
British Bulldog Vs D’Lo Brown
Smackdown! - October 26th 1999

WWF European Championship Match
British Bulldog Vs Eddie Guerrero
Sunday Night Heat - May 28th 2000
dillkid is offline  
Old 05-29-09, 09:12 AM
  #584  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 11,975
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

That listing looks good, yet is missing the fabulous Dynamite Kid vs Bret Hart matches from Stampede Wrestling.
dx23 is offline  
Old 05-29-09, 09:43 AM
  #585  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,466
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Yeah, it's a nice listing, but surely he had one good match in his last WCW run.
BullGooseLoony is offline  
Old 05-29-09, 10:01 AM
  #586  
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 17
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

There is also his steel cage match from Raw against Test, his Wrestling Classic match against Steamboat and I think there are some matches of Bulldog vs Dyanmite from the late 80s in Stampede.
JASNEWS is offline  
Old 05-29-09, 03:11 PM
  #587  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 127
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

I received Macho Madness is the mail today, for some reason the UK has had an early release.
Untitled 1 is offline  
Old 05-29-09, 04:49 PM
  #588  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 131
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Originally Posted by Untitled 1 View Post
I received Macho Madness is the mail today, for some reason the UK has had an early release.
i have no patience...

pictures please, and answers to the following questions...

how are the menu screens? lots of additional clips playing on them?

do any of the msg or boston garden matches on disc 1 have interviews beforehand?

does main event match with Honky have pre match interview?

does the macho king/hogan match have mach's prematch interview? did they include buster douglas' interview and entrance?

does the tuesday in texas match include his prematch interview?

does wrestlemania viii include his and flair's post match interviews?

bash at the beach have his and flair's full entrances? what do they do with buffer?

where does the nitro title victory cut off? do they include the post match interview in the ring with he and hogan?
fyebonusdisc is offline  
Old 05-29-09, 05:28 PM
  #589  
DVD Talk Legend
 
EdTheRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 14,445
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

I just received in today's mail AIW Presents: A Special Sit Down Interview with Colt Cabana. It's an all-new shoot, filmed on 5.21.2009. According to the back, it touches on his OVW/FCW/WWE experiences. If anyone's interested, he's selling it on his MySpace page for $15 plus $3 shipping. It IS on dvd-r however, so be forewarned.
EdTheRipper is offline  
Old 05-29-09, 07:19 PM
  #590  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 127
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Originally Posted by fyebonusdisc View Post
i have no patience...

pictures please, and answers to the following questions...

how are the menu screens? lots of additional clips playing on them?

do any of the msg or boston garden matches on disc 1 have interviews beforehand?

does main event match with Honky have pre match interview?

does the macho king/hogan match have mach's prematch interview? did they include buster douglas' interview and entrance?

does the tuesday in texas match include his prematch interview?

does wrestlemania viii include his and flair's post match interviews?

bash at the beach have his and flair's full entrances? what do they do with buffer?

where does the nitro title victory cut off? do they include the post match interview in the ring with he and hogan?
I haven't had chance to watch any of it yet, however I will answer as many of your questions as I can over the next few days. Below are the thumbnails of the set, as well as the Royal Rumble 2009 Blu Ray UK Exclusive and the UK Steelbook DVD versions. (One being signed personally by John Morrison and Melina)

Full pictures and videos of my entire collection can be found on youtube as due to past feedback there is no point in me posting hundreds of photos on this message board.











Untitled 1 is offline  
Old 05-30-09, 12:05 AM
  #591  
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 490
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

The Macho Man set looks nice!
InstantKarma is offline  
Old 05-30-09, 03:25 AM
  #592  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 113
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

According to Amazon.com, they have pushed up the release date of The Rise & Fall Of WCW dvd from Aug. 25th to Aug. 18th. How accurate is Amazon?
sliccric2006 is offline  
Old 05-30-09, 05:35 PM
  #593  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
tonymontana313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,746
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Dude, I'm so jealous you have the Royal Rumble Blu-ray! Untitled, do you know if that is a region free Blu-ray or is it region B locked?
tonymontana313 is offline  
Old 05-30-09, 05:46 PM
  #594  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 66
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

I checked with Silvervision and unfortunately It's Region B locked .
poisonrulz is offline  
Old 06-01-09, 03:53 PM
  #595  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South of Heaven
Posts: 360
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

I've watched a bit of the 1st disc of the Macho Man set and I'm hardly impressed with it besides the matches themselves. It is hosted by Matt Stryker and Maria and it is kinda goofy. No match memories and comments from any other superstars. No pre-match interviews until it gets up to the Wrestlemania III match, although there should be some promos in the special features that I haven't gotten to. Call me crazy but I am pretty sure the entrance music has been changed on some of these matches as well.
DiedLaughing is offline  
Old 06-01-09, 04:24 PM
  #596  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,566
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Originally Posted by DiedLaughing View Post
I've watched a bit of the 1st disc of the Macho Man set and I'm hardly impressed with it besides the matches themselves. It is hosted by Matt Stryker and Maria and it is kinda goofy. No match memories and comments from any other superstars. No pre-match interviews until it gets up to the Wrestlemania III match, although there should be some promos in the special features that I haven't gotten to. Call me crazy but I am pretty sure the entrance music has been changed on some of these matches as well.
What do you expect? of course WWE won't get superstars to participate, it was known since the announcement of the set that this DVD will just be his greatest and memorable matches...nothing more.

People should realize they could care less about Savage and the reason Vince approved this set now is because the economy is in the toilet and WWE know a Savage DVD can bring in money.

I'm looking forward to this set and just be glad WWE are even releasing a Savage set to begin with that has been declined many times in the past.

Last edited by sg2386; 06-01-09 at 04:46 PM.
sg2386 is offline  
Old 06-01-09, 04:41 PM
  #597  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 131
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Originally Posted by DiedLaughing View Post
I've watched a bit of the 1st disc of the Macho Man set and I'm hardly impressed with it besides the matches themselves. It is hosted by Matt Stryker and Maria and it is kinda goofy. No match memories and comments from any other superstars. No pre-match interviews until it gets up to the Wrestlemania III match, although there should be some promos in the special features that I haven't gotten to. Call me crazy but I am pretty sure the entrance music has been changed on some of these matches as well.
Steamboat's original wwf music is always dubbed over on wwe DVDs, if that's what you are refering to.
fyebonusdisc is offline  
Old 06-01-09, 04:54 PM
  #598  
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 490
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Originally Posted by sg2386 View Post

I'm looking forward to this set and just be glad WWE are even releasing a Savage set to begin with that has been declined many times in the past.

My thoughts exactly! I am glad it is coming out, I have been wanting a Savage set for years!
InstantKarma is offline  
Old 06-02-09, 12:47 PM
  #599  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South of Heaven
Posts: 360
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Originally Posted by sg2386 View Post
What do you expect? of course WWE won't get superstars to participate, it was known since the announcement of the set that this DVD will just be his greatest and memorable matches...nothing more.

People should realize they could care less about Savage and the reason Vince approved this set now is because the economy is in the toilet and WWE know a Savage DVD can bring in money.

I'm looking forward to this set and just be glad WWE are even releasing a Savage set to begin with that has been declined many times in the past.
Thanks for all the inside information, sir.
DiedLaughing is offline  
Old 06-02-09, 04:50 PM
  #600  
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Does anyone have a list/ranking of the highest selling WWE DVDs of all time? I remember seeing a list with numbers sold in the Observer at one point, as well as on PWinsider, but I can't find it. If I'm not mistake, WrestleMania XX was first, then Rise and Fall of ECW, then the first Flair DVD.

Can anyone help?
BretFan1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.