Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Old 05-20-09, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

My friend just grabbed the steelbook for me and I couldn't believe there was no mail in rebate for it. I thought the store was ripping him off, but thanks to this thread I now know they didn't.
Old 05-20-09, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Kaori00
I picked up WM 25 at the nearest K-mart. They had 6 of them and I was the only person today to buy any. I guess nobody shops there anymore. The price for it was a reasonable $19.99. I really would not have paid another penny. Especially at that price considering all the negatives reviews I read. Anyway good luck to all of you trying to find it any cheaper. I'm also really looking forward to that Macho Man DVD set!
Just to clarify did you pay $19.99 for the Blu-ray version or regular version?

Last edited by doctaheath78; 05-20-09 at 07:46 PM.
Old 05-20-09, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Blu-ray version for $16.99 at J&R:

http://www.jr.com/product/movie/pv/_1210533V/
Old 05-20-09, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thanks for posting how official the wrestlemania exclusives were.

My post on the steelbook grabbed a lot of doubts

Originally Posted by throwback
Wrestlemania 25 DVD Exclusives

Wresltlemania 25 FYE SteelBook

Wresltlemania 25 DVD Walmart Box Set w/ Mini WWE Encyclopedia

Wrestlemania 25 Blu-Ray
Old 05-21-09, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
Blu-ray version for $16.99 at J&R:

http://www.jr.com/product/movie/pv/_1210533V/
Damn

Already got mine from amazon! Could have saved $7 after shipping. Sucks!
Old 05-21-09, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by doctaheath78
Just to clarify did you pay $19.99 for the Blu-ray version or regular version?

The regular version it was $19.99 lowest I have seen it. Everywhere else I saw it, it was $24.99 to $34.99 rip off.
Old 05-21-09, 11:55 AM

Hey has anyone checked Best Buy for any possible WM XXV exclusives? I remember last year there was no mention in their ad about anything special for WM XXIV but someone here then discovered they actually had the exclusive release with senitype from WM XIV. Anyone seen what Best Buy has for WM XXV if anything?

Also how much have you guys been paying for the Wal-Mart Exclusive version? (packaged with mini WWE Encyclepedia) It's listed at a whooping $29.94 on their website. I was hoping for more like $19.99 or something. I want this version as well but not for that price.

Last edited by hbkbiggestfan; 05-21-09 at 12:03 PM.
Old 05-21-09, 12:18 PM

The Wal-Mart exclusive is $29.xx in stores. The standard version of WM is $24.xx at Wal-Mart as well.
Old 05-21-09, 12:57 PM

Watching WM DVD right now and noticed they edited the camera angles for the botched Killswitch and Powerbomb during MITB (not surprised). Also something strange that I didn't notice when I saw 'Mania in person during MITB was the refs at ringside during that match were wearing latex gloves. Anyone know why?
Old 05-21-09, 01:12 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hbkbiggestfan
Watching WM DVD right now and noticed they edited the camera angles for the botched Killswitch and Powerbomb during MITB (not surprised). Also something strange that I didn't notice when I saw 'Mania in person during MITB was the refs at ringside during that match were wearing latex gloves. Anyone know why?
So no one gets infected if they are busted open by a shot, like it happened to Joey Mercury several years ago.
Old 05-21-09, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by throwback
Wrestlemania 25 DVD Exclusives

Wresltlemania 25 FYE SteelBook

Wresltlemania 25 DVD Walmart Box Set w/ Mini WWE Encyclopedia

Wrestlemania 25 Blu-Ray
Is it just me or does the blu-ray look like it's on fire?
Old 05-21-09, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by hbkbiggestfan
Hey has anyone checked Best Buy for any possible WM XXV exclusives? I remember last year there was no mention in their ad about anything special for WM XXIV but someone here then discovered they actually had the exclusive release with senitype from WM XIV. Anyone seen what Best Buy has for WM XXV if anything?
I went to my local Best Buy yesterday and didn't notice any exclusives for WM.

I just started watching the DVD and it looks like they edited out Kid Rock. No big loss. I didn't notice the new angles on MITB. Wonder what other changes they made?
Old 05-21-09, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by dx23
So no one gets infected if they are busted open by a shot, like it happened to Joey Mercury several years ago.
I thought of this possibility (just like boxing) but I never notice this before in MITB (even last year's which was after Joey Mercury incedent) or any other match that may have an accidental bust (like the Matt/Jeff match which Im watching now and the ref is not wearing the gloves). You are probably right though. Just strange to me that they wouldn't take the precaution in all of the matches that are no DQ and involve weapons and such.

Originally Posted by WillDLeeEsq
I went to my local Best Buy yesterday and didn't notice any exclusives for WM.

I just started watching the DVD and it looks like they edited out Kid Rock. No big loss. I didn't notice the new angles on MITB. Wonder what other changes they made?
Thanks for the feedback about Best Buy.

Actually it was just the Killswitch they changed camera angles on for the DVD. I was wrong about the powerbomb. Any mention of Kid Rock was edited out also. During Matt vs Jeff, Lawler mentioned the trash can resembling Kid Rock's bass drum instead we just hear awkward silence.

Even though I know it's going to be edited I am still going to be dissapointed when they edit the camera angles when Cena wins the WHC with all the anti-Cena signs behind him when he gets the belt.

Last edited by hbkbiggestfan; 05-21-09 at 01:46 PM.
Old 05-21-09, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm actually quite relieved that they edited out Kid Rock. I was not looking forward to watching his ten-minute medley again.
Old 05-21-09, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I am fine with them taking Kid Rock out, too. I wish he hadn't even been there in the first place. It does suck that the only semblance of any kind of entrance the divas got was cut along with it, though.
Old 05-21-09, 06:42 PM

I went the Steelbook route with Mania. I'm looking forward to watching the show again, because I enjoyed it on PPV the first time.
Old 05-21-09, 09:35 PM

I saw something interesting at FYE when I went there to pick up the WM Steelbook. Among their wrestling DVDs, I saw a used copy of one called Sting: The Movie, which apparently is a movie about Steve Borden's life. I passed because the disc was rattling around loose in the case, but it was only 7 or 8 bucks. Does anyone know anything about this film? Is it any good? Would it be worth picking up for ~$8 used?
Old 05-21-09, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Liontamer
I saw something interesting at FYE when I went there to pick up the WM Steelbook. Among their wrestling DVDs, I saw a used copy of one called Sting: The Movie, which apparently is a movie about Steve Borden's life. I passed because the disc was rattling around loose in the case, but it was only 7 or 8 bucks. Does anyone know anything about this film? Is it any good? Would it be worth picking up for ~$8 used?
Is it Sting: Moment of Truth? It's a pretty good autobiographical picture with a little embellishing, but no matches or anything.
Old 05-22-09, 10:01 AM

can't stand these edits, on the ladder match dvd the mercury blood shot was unedited

the PG era is trickling into the dvds as well, which i dont understand, dvds should be there own, thats the joy of them, to relive past attitude days and such
Old 05-22-09, 03:00 PM

The PG Era is a crock and will do nothing except sell Jeff Hardy and John Cena merch to little kids... I am pretty bored with pro wrestling at the moment, partly due to the huge letdown that was Wrestlemania 25. I'll still pick up shoot interview dvds here and there and the old school releases. but for the most part I am calling it quits. Thanks Vince!
Macho Man might be the last wrestling DVD I ever buy.
Old 05-22-09, 03:48 PM

DiedLaughing im totally with you, besides hbk/taker mania was a HUGE letdown, wwe only cares now about selling cena t-shirts and what not, compared to the late 90s its a joke, sorry but its a fact

but 1 thing i have to get off my chest, this is my rant for the day lol, is how wwe rewrites there own history on certain people, if they like you they give you royal treatment, if not they bash you
take ric flair, they give the guy a royal sendoff, dvds, etc, everything, they ignore all the negatives about his career
in wcw great young talent such as stone cold, hall, etc were run out of there because flair had his buddies running the show, flair was never a big draw, he had no psychology in the ring, im sorry but its true, overall the guy is overrated
but flair sucks up to hunter and shawn and plays the politics right and gets the royal treatment, so on the dvds he gets the royal treatment and ignores the facts so lots of new age fans get altered history

i mean pete rose is in the hall of fame, and macho man isnt, doesn't that tell you something?
Old 05-22-09, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by will94
Is it Sting: Moment of Truth? It's a pretty good autobiographical picture with a little embellishing, but no matches or anything.
That was probably it. Does it get all churchy/preachy? I know he was big on that whole Born Again Christian kick awhile back.
Originally Posted by chuckliddell
but 1 thing i have to get off my chest, this is my rant for the day lol, is how wwe rewrites there own history on certain people, if they like you they give you royal treatment, if not they bash you
take ric flair, they give the guy a royal sendoff, dvds, etc, everything, they ignore all the negatives about his career
in wcw great young talent such as stone cold, hall, etc were run out of there because flair had his buddies running the show, flair was never a big draw, he had no psychology in the ring, im sorry but its true, overall the guy is overrated
but flair sucks up to hunter and shawn and plays the politics right and gets the royal treatment, so on the dvds he gets the royal treatment and ignores the facts so lots of new age fans get altered history
What dream world do you live in, buddy? Flair was always a huge draw. You're obviously not from the South. He's like unto a god in the Carolinas. He's so popular that no matter how heelish he acted, he always got huge pops and great fan reactions. I've been to autograph sessions of his where his line went out the building and around the block. People still do his "whoooos" when somebody uses a chop to the chest to this day. The man is the single greatest all-around pro wrestler ever. He delivered in the ring (watch some of his matches with Steamboat if you want to see a true classic), and he is one of the best talkers in the business ever. Why do you think they used to feature an interview segment with him at the top of the second hour of Nitro every single week? Because his interviews were that damn good. He practically carried WCW (and Crockett Promotions before that) on his back for years. I understand if you don't like the guy, but don't knock his legacy because of it.

Last edited by Liontamer; 05-22-09 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-22-09, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
DiedLaughing im totally with you, besides hbk/taker mania was a HUGE letdown, wwe only cares now about selling cena t-shirts and what not, compared to the late 90s its a joke, sorry but its a fact

i mean pete rose is in the hall of fame, and macho man isnt, doesn't that tell you something?
Gotta disagree, big time. Liontamer hit it on the head, so the only thing i'll say is this. There's a reason ric flair is respected by damn near every wrestler who has ever put a pair of boots on and that's not because he kisses trips & hbk's ass.

Last edited by shacmasta; 05-22-09 at 05:44 PM.
Old 05-22-09, 06:37 PM

-if he was such a huge draw how come wcw never drew big until hogan/nash/hall came in, whats your excuse for that one lol
-he was big in nwa cause wrestling was not what it is now, the south's only option back then was nwa, wrestling fans only had small options back then, once wrestling became big during the attitude days flair was put on the backburner
-how is he a great all around pro wrestler, his matches are mirror images of eachother, he has no psychology, most of the stuff he did never made sense, he was sloppy in the ring, he put me to sleep most of his matches

im not saying he was the worst wrestler ever, but he is highly overrated, give me hbk/hart/benoit/eddie/savage matches over flair any day of the week

and flair likes to say he paved the way and younger talent needs to respect him, i always thought when your the best and deserve respect you don't need to say it, if you need to say it every interview you do it probably means your not right, i just get a little sick of hearing him rant all the time about how he is the best and people need to respect him, sounds like he has a huge ego and insecure

and like i said flair had his buddies running the show in wcw when he first went there, at that time great young talent like stone cold and pillman got pushed to the side cause flair and his friends wanted the spotlight to himself, that whole group running the show only pushed there own family and friends and not deserving talent, which is why stone cold left for bigger and better things cause good old flair wanted the spotlight and 14 times champ to himself, but yet still claims he paved the way, ya he paved the way for himself and his friends and family, took all he got from it and gave the young guys nothing
Old 05-22-09, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

you would think someone who obsessed over the sales of the Starrcade DVD as if they were votes in a presidential election would comprehend that Ric Flair made that event (among many others) what it was.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.