Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Lost - The Complete Fifth Season ---->12/18/09

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-09, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Lost - The Complete Fifth Season ---->12/18/09

Originally Posted by Trinitron
This is completely ridiculous. If you want everything, you have to buy a giant box that not only doesn't match the other seasons; it doesn't fit your shelf. Oh, and you have to buy it from Best Buy.
Actually, no: If you want everything, you apparently need the Dharma Initiative Orientation Kit of "Lost: The Complete Fifth Season" which is identical regardless of where you buy it unlike what that BB CS rep said.
But in addititon to that you'd need the regular set including the limited Best Buy exclusive bonus disc which already seems sold out everywhere (Correct me if I'm wrong, please: I'm still looking for one!) ... :-(

And you may or may not get a submarine patch even if you shell out for all of that.
That's right ... :-(
Has anybody heard about someone finding a submarine patch in their package?
Old 12-09-09, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

This is completely ridiculous. If you want everything, you have to buy a giant box that not only doesn't match the other seasons; it doesn't fit your shelf. Oh, and you have to buy it from Best Buy. And you may or may not get a submarine patch even if you shell out for all of that.

If you don't want the giant box, if you want everything else available you have to buy from Best Buy. In their packaging. Which doesn't match the others you have been buying for five years. That you could have had much, much cheaper if you had waited and bought them all today from Amazon.

Thanks a lot, ABC.
Someone also posted over in the HD forum that there is a HMV exclusive disc as well. It doesn't sound as meaty as the BB disc.
Old 12-10-09, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Someone also posted over in the HD forum that there is a HMV exclusive disc as well. It doesn't sound as meaty as the BB disc.
No, the bonus discs by Best Buy, HMV, and JB Hi-Fi in the US, the UK, and Australia, respectively, are identical.
HMV had announced another bonus feature but in the end it wasn't on the disc (Maybe it was withdrawn for some reason.):
Ben in Smokey's Lair - Enter Smokey's lair with Michael Emerson and the LOST crew as Ben prepares to confront the Smoke Monster.
Old 12-10-09, 11:30 AM
Cool New Member

I won't be able to make it out to Best Buy (this time) for this "Lost" exclusive. If anyone is, and would be willing to part with the bonus disc, please drop me a PM. I'll gladly pay for shipping and handling. Thanks.
Old 12-14-09, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by macphoen
I won't be able to make it out to Best Buy (this time) for this "Lost" exclusive. If anyone is, and would be willing to part with the bonus disc, please drop me a PM. I'll gladly pay for shipping and handling. Thanks.
A few have been finding their way to eBay in the mean time!