DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Pushing Daisies: The Complete 2nd season ------July 21, 2009 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/552662-pushing-daisies-complete-2nd-season-july-21-2009-a.html)

DJariya 04-01-09 12:45 PM

Pushing Daisies: The Complete 2nd season ------July 21, 2009

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...-daisies2.html

For those of you waiting anxiously for what happened in this show, you won't have to wait super long. The DVD is coming out in July.

Love the artwork!! Very very nice!!

Extras:

Extras will include 4 featurettes ("The Master Pie Maker: Inside the Mind of Creator Bryan Fuller", "From Oven to Table: Crafting a Script Idea into Reality", "Secret Sweet Ingredients: Spotlight on Composer Jim Dooley's Work", "Add a Little Magic: Executing Some Giant-Sized Visual Effects

kingtopher 04-01-09 01:01 PM

Re: Pushing Daisies: The Complete 2nd season ------July 21, 2009

If only we'd get a proper conclusion. Apparently it ends on a cliffhanger.

Damfino 04-01-09 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by kingtopher (Post 9362728)
If only we'd get a proper conclusion. Apparently it ends on a cliffhanger.

Well, at least we'll get to see the un-aired episodes.

Snowmaker 04-01-09 01:16 PM

Yay, Olive's cleavage made the cover!

jjcool 04-01-09 04:21 PM

You know, I absolutely loved this show when it was on. I dont really have any desire to buy the dvds though. ABC really screwed the pooch on this one, in my opinion. When it first went on hiatus, i was dying to know how the story was going to end. Then as time went on, I cared less and less, to this point, where I dont see myself shelling out any money for this set. If they had released it sooner, maybe I would have. If they had aired the remaining episodes at soem point, maybe I would have.

jjcool 04-01-09 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker (Post 9362780)
Yay, Olive's cleavage made the cover!

Thank god for small...errr... surprisingly large miracles.

asianxcore 04-01-09 04:29 PM

Definitely looking forward to this release.

DJariya 04-01-09 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by jjcool (Post 9363346)
You know, I absolutely loved this show when it was on. I dont really have any desire to buy the dvds though. ABC really screwed the pooch on this one, in my opinion. When it first went on hiatus, i was dying to know how the story was going to end. Then as time went on, I cared less and less, to this point, where I dont see myself shelling out any money for this set. If they had released it sooner, maybe I would have. If they had aired the remaining episodes at soem point, maybe I would have.

Noone ever said you had to shell out the $30-40 to buy this. You could always just rent the last few discs from Netflix or Blockbuster just to see how it ends.

I do agree with you that because ABC chose not to produce episodes during the 1st season after the strike, that hurt this show tremendously, which reflected on this season's ratings. I guess people just didn't care after it lost it's momentum.

mdnitoil 04-01-09 04:57 PM

I guess I'll be waiting for reviews because I'm not aware of any guarantee that the unaired episodes will actually provide a proper ending. If it wraps up neatly, or at least not abruptly, I might be in.

kstublen 04-01-09 06:44 PM

...I wonder if this means Season Two of Eli Stone may be released as well.

LorenzoL 04-01-09 08:20 PM

I'm definitely getting this on Blu-ray. It's too bad that there's no proper ending to this show.

calhoun07 04-02-09 12:06 AM

I just hope they get a chance to wrap up the series some how...at least with a movie. But better than the Dead Like Me movie. It seems too many of the actors involved have already moved on to other projects, so I think a movie would end up in development hell.

Fuller did discuss the idea of doing a comic book series to wrap it up, but it wouldn't be the same to me.

domino harvey 04-02-09 02:27 AM

I used to be really upset about the show not getting a proper send-off. Then Bryan Fuller told TV Guide how he wanted to end the series. If you're a fan of the show and don't know what he revealed, do not Google it-- you'll just have to go through the effort of pretending you never read it. It is as though he had no idea what made his own show work, it is that series-ruiningly bad.

Josh Z 04-02-09 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by mdnitoil (Post 9363441)
I guess I'll be waiting for reviews because I'm not aware of any guarantee that the unaired episodes will actually provide a proper ending. If it wraps up neatly, or at least not abruptly, I might be in.

I believe Fuller has said that the season ends with a cliffhanger, unfortunately.

Gizmo 04-02-09 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Josh Z (Post 9364428)
I believe Fuller has said that the season ends with a cliffhanger, unfortunately.

Apparently he changed it with some voice over and previously done CGI. It has aired in Germany already.

jjcool 04-02-09 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 9363405)
Noone ever said you had to shell out the $30-40 to buy this. You could always just rent the last few discs from Netflix or Blockbuster just to see how it ends..

I never said they did. I am aware that I can rent dvds. If you had read the post that you quoted, you would have seen that at this point I dont really care how the story ends.

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 9363405)
I do agree with you that because ABC chose not to produce episodes during the 1st season after the strike, that hurt this show tremendously, which reflected on this season's ratings. I guess people just didn't care after it lost it's momentum.

I think it was not just the strike that hurt the show, although that was a huge factor. They basicly started off teh second season in the same spot they started the first, as a brnad new show. The fact that ABC pulled the show, and left us hanging for months was the final nail, in my opinion.

Josh Z 04-02-09 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD (Post 9364465)
Apparently he changed it with some voice over and previously done CGI. It has aired in Germany already.

Hmmmm... Doesn't sound like a good idea.

Gizmo 04-02-09 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Josh Z (Post 9364924)
Hmmmm... Doesn't sound like a good idea.

Its better then a cliffhanger I suppose.

calhoun07 04-02-09 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by domino harvey (Post 9364301)
I used to be really upset about the show not getting a proper send-off. Then Bryan Fuller told TV Guide how he wanted to end the series. If you're a fan of the show and don't know what he revealed, do not Google it-- you'll just have to go through the effort of pretending you never read it. It is as though he had no idea what made his own show work, it is that series-ruiningly bad.

Frankly, as much as I've loved his TV work, he's never proven himself on a long running series. I wonder if he'd know what to do if one of his shows lasted more than two seasons.

fuzzbox 04-03-09 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by calhoun07 (Post 9365798)
Frankly, as much as I've loved his TV work, he's never proven himself on a long running series. I wonder if he'd know what to do if one of his shows lasted more than two seasons.

This is both very true and very unfortunate :-(

-jason

shyguy1083 04-03-09 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by domino harvey (Post 9364301)

I don't mind being spoiled, so I tried googling it. But I didn't find the article where he talks about it... anyone got a link?

riley_dude 04-08-09 03:08 PM

ABC is going to burn off the remaining episodes of Pushing Daisies, Eli Stone and Dirty Sexy Money on Saturdays throughout the summer.

jjcool 04-08-09 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by riley_dude (Post 9376893)
ABC is going to burn off the remaining episodes of Pushing Daisies, Eli Stone and Dirty Sexy Money on Saturdays throughout the summer.

They could/should have done this long ago.

Pizza 04-09-09 06:48 AM

I love the show and will definately get this.

I do feel disappointment that they didn't include a featurette on what Bryan Fuller was going to do for an ending to the series. I would love, love, love to know.

With that, maybe we should post our own endings?

Here's mine: Ned dies and is brought back to life by a touch/kiss from Olive (place your explanation here) who can never touch him again. Ned and Chuck live together forever.

Or: Ned dies and Olive and Chuck discover they love each other at his wake. ;)

(BTW, did you know that the narrator is Jim Dale from the Disney films "Pete's Dragon" and "Hot Lead and Cold Feet"?)

domino harvey 04-09-09 10:57 AM

This was the ending Fuller envisioned in his TV Guide interview. Un-spoiler at your own risk

Spoiler:
Emerson gets back together with his wife. The watches only led to a buried treasure and had no bearing on Ned's powers. The world finds out about Chuck and she goes off and travels with her parents to hide from the attention. She then comes back fifty years later when Ned is on his deathbed to kiss him so she can die.