Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

"Slumdog Millionaire" Replacement Program Info.

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

"Slumdog Millionaire" Replacement Program Info.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-09, 06:26 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 920 Likes on 776 Posts
Re: "Slumdog Millionaire" Replacement Program Info.

was just watching "Attack of the Show" on G4 and they did their 'DVDuesday' with Chris Gore. guess what comes up...so Olivia says that "she heard some copies didn't come with the Special Features", Gore just goes, "I didn't hear that" and it was brushed over so quickly.

I really really wish mainstream media would do a piece on this so IT DOESN'T HAPPEN AGAIN!
Old 04-07-09, 11:06 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fox has a website now totally dedicated to the replacement program for Slumdog:http://slumdogdvd.orderassistance.com/
Old 04-08-09, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scott1598
the Target one i had had the trailers on boot up, but i couldn't access them through the Special Features option on the menu.
Interesting. My trailers weren't at boot-up but at Special Features. Weird. Also, my letter had a $3 Marley and Me coupon at its end.
Old 04-09-09, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by mekeez
Interesting. My trailers weren't at boot-up but at Special Features. Weird. Also, my letter had a $3 Marley and Me coupon at its end.
i guess a screwed up disc is a screwed up disc and each has their own individuality.
Old 04-09-09, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I got my copy today, damn that was fast....
Old 04-09-09, 12:48 PM

it only took me 20 hours to get my replacement disk! =) wow! thank you fox! I forgive you for fucking me over!
Old 04-09-09, 04:07 PM

can't wait to do this all again with "The Wrestler"
Old 04-09-09, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

lol
Old 04-09-09, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know this might be immoral and unethical and against DVDTalk's discussion policy, but is there anything actually binding me in terms of sending my defective slumdog copy back to them? I think not, right?
Old 04-09-09, 11:53 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No. But they quickly fixed the problem and probably gave you a slip to send back...not like it's hard for you to send it back.
Old 04-10-09, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know, I was just wondering.
Old 04-10-09, 05:33 AM

I just picked up a copy of Slumdog at my local Wal-Mart yesterday evening and they had tons of new shipments in so I thought those were the corrected discs but when I got it home and put it in my DVD player sure enough the only special features were the Trailers so I called up FOX and they were very nice and asked what the 14 digit barcode was and what it said between 14 and 13 on the back of the case and then voila that was it! He then took down my name and address and said to be expecting it within at least 3 days. FOX was very nice and handled my concern with great expertise! Now all I have to do is sit and wait..can't wait!
Old 04-10-09, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by alfonsosoriano
I know, I was just wondering.
If lots of people just keep their original copy, would it be any surprise if they started to require people to send their copy in first before they get a replacement?
Old 04-10-09, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
If lots of people just keep their original copy, would it be any surprise if they started to require people to send their copy in first before they get a replacement?
I agree that they may go to this method, but it would be some work for the studio. They would need to maintain a database of discs recieved versus discs sent out. Simple solution would eb to assign a number to each caller and require that that number be written on teh outside of the apckage of the returned defective disc. Even on the disc itself. They could have done that with this return, but they chose not to, so Fox has no idea who has returned discs and who hasnt. It is slightly more work on Fox' end, but if they actually want the discs back it is a necessary step, in my opinion.

Also, how many people out of all the poeple that bought the disc, will actually go through the exchange process? I know everyoen here would, but what portion of the general public do dvdtalkers make up? My guess is a very small percentage of the defective disc owneres will actually go through the exchange process.
Old 04-10-09, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcool
I agree that they may go to this method, but it would be some work for the studio. They would need to maintain a database of discs recieved versus discs sent out. Simple solution would eb to assign a number to each caller and require that that number be written on teh outside of the apckage of the returned defective disc. Even on the disc itself. They could have done that with this return, but they chose not to, so Fox has no idea who has returned discs and who hasnt. It is slightly more work on Fox' end, but if they actually want the discs back it is a necessary step, in my opinion.

Also, how many people out of all the poeple that bought the disc, will actually go through the exchange process? I know everyoen here would, but what portion of the general public do dvdtalkers make up? My guess is a very small percentage of the defective disc owneres will actually go through the exchange process.
All they really have to do is just have someone send in a disc with an address on paper and then send out a new disc to the address. That's how Anchor Bay did it with me.

No database required. One in, one out.
Old 04-10-09, 07:30 PM

I picked up a copy at Best Buy in Vacaville, CA on Sunday and checked last night and the special features were there. I watched a few of the deleted scenes and they were there.
Old 04-11-09, 01:43 AM

I just got an e-mail telling me that my disc was sent and I even got a tracking number for it...they are very fast...should be here in just about 8 hours..whoohoo!
Old 04-12-09, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I received "Slumdog" as a gift yesterday, watched the movie last night, and went to watch the special features this morning and I couldn't find them. Did a google search for "slumdog millionaire special features" and found out about the error and was directed to the website where they are handling it. Took me about a minute to fill out the information and I got a confirmation. It's good to read that others here have received their new copy so quickly.
Old 04-13-09, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
All they really have to do is just have someone send in a disc with an address on paper and then send out a new disc to the address. That's how Anchor Bay did it with me.

No database required. One in, one out.
True, but I would be reluctant to send out something that I paid for and wait on them to provide a replacement copy due to a mistake that they made.
Old 04-13-09, 01:05 PM

I recieved my replacement disc by UPS today and sure enough it was the corrected disc with all the special features. I will be sending them the disc I purchased at the store that is bare bones as I don't mind and it is hassle free and postage free so why not..lol! Took 4 days but they didn't send it out til' the day after I called so that and Sunday taken off it only took 2 days...Thanks Fox!!!
Old 05-03-09, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

with the online verison it asks you to send the disc back before they send you the correct disc, do they really make just the disc or the disc and case also? probably sounds like a stupid question, but it wasn't really clear, to me at least.
Old 05-03-09, 05:03 PM

just the disc. too bad you have to send first now.
Old 05-05-09, 12:16 PM

that sucks you have to send the disc to them first now...I guess they must have had problems with people ripping them off so they have to make sure the person that calls actually has the movie. Too bad!
Old 05-05-09, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Surprised that it took them this long to require that the disc be sent in first.
Old 05-05-09, 03:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hotsexyboi
that sucks you have to send the disc to them first now...I guess they must have had problems with people ripping them off so they have to make sure the person that calls actually has the movie. Too bad!
Yeah sorry bout that.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.