DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Simpsons Complete Collection going to happen? and how much? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/550918-simpsons-complete-collection-going-happen-how-much.html)

kevinlord190 03-02-09 10:35 PM

Simpsons Complete Collection going to happen? and how much?

do u think when the show is over the whole show will be released in a mega box set?
and if it does wouldnt it be like $500?

deto 03-02-09 10:45 PM

Re: Simpsons Complete Collection going to happen? and how much?

even though season 12 is up next, i wish they would start releasing the newer seasons as well starting with the current one in blu-ray now that the show is being broadcast in hd.

NoirFan 03-02-09 11:04 PM

As long as the primary cast voices are alive (and probably even after), Fox will keep on churning out Simpsons episodes. So, to answer your question, never.

tylergfoster 03-03-09 12:34 AM

I think maybe a first-ten-seasons set is possible. A complete series set when everything is said and done is likely going to be more than a hundred discs. Seems unlikely.

DeanoBKN 03-03-09 12:56 AM

Sadly, at the rate we're going and the sad fact that the quality of episodes is getting lower and lower, I doubt we will even see the end of the series on DVD.

I still remember what Matt joked about inside Season 1. Something along the lines of, by the time we are finished releasing the show, you will have the chance to rebuy them again on a new format.

hotsexyboi 03-03-09 03:30 AM

I find this very unlikely considering there are way would be way too many seasons and discs. If it happens it will be like what droid says where the first 10 seasons will be in a box set together and the next 10 sets and so on but I really doubt there going to put them all in a set together.

Corey31 03-03-09 06:20 AM

The show was just renewed for 2 more seasons, it could happen when the show ends but that is at least 2 more years down the road, probably longer then that.

Cheato 03-03-09 07:14 AM

No way. The DVD format will be dead before the show is over and ready to be packaged up as a complete set.
Many people probably think that means Blu-ray, but I predict it'll just be downloadable.
I agree with the others that, if anything, the earliest seasons will probably get released as sets. Maybe in groups of 5, due to there being 5 members of the family, and 5 seasons being an affordable group, and 10, or possibly at the most, 15, seasons being in demand.

jjcool 03-03-09 11:00 AM

Yeah, this would be a HUGE set. And rather expensive, especially on blu. My guess is that there are some people that already ahve all teh seasons available, and many people that have a couple seasons. The ones with no seasons, probably dont ahve any interest in a complete series set. The ones that only ahve a couple seasons probably have a reason for only having a couple seasons and probably wouldnt be interested in a complete series set. and the ones that already have the entire run probably wouldnt want to rebuy all those seasons. So the only ones that I would se buying this would be people with money to burn, and in this economy those are getting rarer.

PaulNJ21 03-03-09 01:53 PM

I don't know. It would be a lot of disks. That package would be huge.

JiM T 03-03-09 02:20 PM

Yes, the complete series will be available for holo-download in 2029, the year after the show ends production. It will cost 500 Ameros.

;)

hindolio 03-03-09 08:24 PM

i dont think this has been mentioned yet, but im actually surprised the simpsons have not been packaged in special super homerific edition bundled seasons, a la family guy.

komsik 03-03-09 10:19 PM

I just wish they would put out the individual seasons faster.. 1 maybe 2 releases a year is not enough.

Anyway.. since I already have the first 11 seasons and assuming they continue to release individual seasons I would not buy a complete collection if they ever made one. It would have to have exclusive bonus discs and be on one of those amazon Deal of the Days for cheap... if Amazon even still exists once the Simpsons is finished.

critterdvd 03-04-09 11:50 AM

I've been thinking about this too. At this rate a complete series box set would be well over 100 discs at this point (has anything been released with that many discs before) and would probably have to retail for more than $500 (which is way to much to put down at one time on DVDs)... I think if anything fox will probably release them in "decade sets" or many like break the series into 3 volumes when everthing is said and done.

But I expect the sales for the first half of the series to be exceptionally better than the second half if they go this route.

neiname 03-04-09 11:54 AM

Couldn't they put more of the 1st couple seasons episodes on 1 blu-ray? So that would mean maybe the standard def episodes could probably be 15-20 per blu-ray disc whch would certainly lower the number required.

madcougar 03-04-09 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by JiM T (Post 9303239)
Yes, the complete series will be available for holo-download in 2029, the year after the show ends production. It will cost 500 Ameros.

;)

Sadly my friend you overvalue the Amero. It will be 10,000 Ameros.

SexualPudding 03-04-09 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by neiname (Post 9305205)
Couldn't they put more of the 1st couple seasons episodes on 1 blu-ray? So that would mean maybe the standard def episodes could probably be 15-20 per blu-ray disc whch would certainly lower the number required.

I'd like to see all the sets put on Blu-ray in SD too, just for space conservation, but it won't happen.

PHMustang2000 03-04-09 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by PaulNJ21 (Post 9303141)
I don't know. It would be a lot of disks. That package would be huge.

Right now if they did a complete set of all 22 seasons, it would prob be 88 disks so far.