DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Will These Series Have a Complete Series Set in the Future? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/550754-will-these-series-have-complete-series-set-future.html)

PHMustang2000 02-28-09 01:31 AM

Will These Series Have a Complete Series Set in the Future?

I am holding off on buying a couple shows on the season sets because they seem like the kind of show that will get a complete series release maybe in the near future?

Married With Children and Cheers and The Dead Zone.

Cheers just finished it's last set so a complete series set would be great. Also Married with Children would be great too.

smashthesymbols 02-28-09 01:01 PM

Re: Will These Series Have a Complete Series Set in the Future?

For what it's worth, there's already a complete Married With Children set available in Germany.

http://www.amazon.de/Eine-schrecklic...5847140&sr=8-7

MTRodaba2468 02-28-09 01:21 PM

I kinda doubt Cheers will get one, since it looked like Paramount was going to quit before the last 3 seasons were released. It just came across that they put out 9 through 11 just to get them out and be done with it.

hasslein 02-28-09 09:21 PM

Paramount has yet to release a complete series package other than bundles, right? I can only think of Odd Couple & Star Trek offhand...

Travis McClain 03-01-09 12:41 AM

I would totally love a complete set of Cheers. In case anyone at Paramount is reading, don't think that just because the season sets weren't selling that us fans aren't interested. Since the first season was released, we've seen entirely too many Complete Series releases come along for us to be left holding another bag (i.e., 11 season sets) when a comprehensive, sweeter, set might come along.

TheVelvetRope 03-01-09 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by hasslein (Post 9297913)
Paramount has yet to release a complete series package other than bundles, right? I can only think of Odd Couple & Star Trek offhand...

They did a bang-up job with "I Love Lucy," and they certainly seem to enjoy repackaging and re-selling "Star Trek" any way they can, but they've pretty much ignored more modern fare. Sony has done some nice series sets ("King Of Queens"/"I Dream Of Jeannie"/"Seinfeld") and some not-so-nice ones ("Good Times"/"Newsradio") where they just stacked the discs on a spindle and wrapped it in a cardboard sleeve. If they opt to do a complete series set for "Married...," I would bet on it being a not-so-nice package, since the series doesn't seem to be a big priority for them. I think Lionsgate handles "Dead Zone" now, so I don't know what might be in store for that title, if anything.

Bluelitespecial 03-01-09 04:50 PM

Maybe a complete series "Married with Children" will come packaged with a no Maam shirt.

hasslein 03-01-09 06:46 PM

Does the German Married w/Children box have the original theme music, or has it been replaced as well?

I forgot, Paramount also did the Andy Griffith box, terrible packaging and screwed individual season buyers out of a bonus disc with MOWs.

And the Brady Bunch.... same story....

Cardsfan111 03-01-09 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by MinLShaw (Post 9298094)
I would totally love a complete set of Cheers. In case anyone at Paramount is reading, don't think that just because the season sets weren't selling that us fans aren't interested. Since the first season was released, we've seen entirely too many Complete Series releases come along for us to be left holding another bag (i.e., 11 season sets) when a comprehensive, sweeter, set might come along.

I'd be interested in this as well. I've held off on buying the season sets, actually purchasing just one of the early seasons used. Of course, even if they did release the complete series, I'd probably wait for it to be an Amazon DOTD at a great price since I've already waited this long.

smashthesymbols 03-01-09 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by hasslein (Post 9299015)
Does the German Married w/Children box have the original theme music, or has it been replaced as well?

It's been replaced there too. As far as I can tell the only difference between the US and German releases is one season that had some syndication episodes here, but the uncut versions there.

davidh777 03-01-09 08:53 PM

Paramount:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA240_.jpg

TheKing 03-02-09 02:07 AM

Paramount also put out a complete series box for MacGyver, complete with the 2 post-series movies as a bonus.