DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Movienizer (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/548425-movienizer.html)

gogogadget 01-22-09 09:49 PM

Movienizer

Does anybody use this? I came across it in a computer magazine, and I love it. It's a fantastic way to organize your collection - I love how it has to select what format you have it on - Blu-Ray, DVD, VCD, etc. As well as fields for "wanted" "seen" "in collection" and a way to mark whether it's been lent out. All of the movie information is downloaded off IMDB.com, it displays cover pictures, lists by cast, and more. Plus you can edit all of the information on the database.

www.movienizer.com

Travis McClain 01-23-09 11:45 AM

Re: Movienizer

I'm downloading it now. I hope it's comparable to DVD Spot. I loved the features of that site, and I'm not terribly in love with DVD Aficianado.

Addendum:

I'm adding titles to it now, and I already have a few gripes.
  • As the title suggests, this program is more concerned with the movies than with the DVD's. It's not interested in which edition you own, simply that you have a version of it.
  • It uses leading articles for alphabetizing, meaning that "The 4400" shows up in the T's.
  • The art does not match my DVD's. Some of the art are posters, some are from Blu-ray releases, others are simply different editions than what I own. I can add art, but this requires me to go find the art in the first place.
  • On a technical side, I'm disappointed that 4:3, 16:9 and 80:33 are the only aspect ratio options. And I have no idea how to find the resolution of a DVD.

I'm sure other users will find this program enjoyable, but I'm a bit more advanced in my hyper-obsessive organizing. I don't think I'll finish adding the rest of my library.

starman9000 01-23-09 12:54 PM

The first title I tried didn't show up, so I stopped there (Eureka). It seems pretty odd that if you add by UPC you still have to enter the disc.

SethDLH 01-23-09 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by MinLShaw (Post 9218445)
I'm downloading it now. I hope it's comparable to DVD Spot. I loved the features of that site, and I'm not terribly in love with DVD Aficianado.

Addendum:

I'm adding titles to it now, and I already have a few gripes.
  • As the title suggests, this program is more concerned with the movies than with the DVD's. It's not interested in which edition you own, simply that you have a version of it.
  • It uses leading articles for alphabetizing, meaning that "The 4400" shows up in the T's.
  • The art does not match my DVD's. Some of the art are posters, some are from Blu-ray releases, others are simply different editions than what I own. I can add art, but this requires me to go find the art in the first place.
  • On a technical side, I'm disappointed that 4:3, 16:9 and 80:33 are the only aspect ratio options. And I have no idea how to find the resolution of a DVD.

I'm sure other users will find this program enjoyable, but I'm a bit more advanced in my hyper-obsessive organizing. I don't think I'll finish adding the rest of my library.

Agreed, it can be a useful tool to some people but until something like DVD Spot comes around again, I'll wait. It bugged me that the first title I tried (Candyman) came up only with the special edition (I have the old flipper version autographed by Tony Todd. Hence why I haven't upgraded) and there was no way to find a different version.

aakenstil 01-24-09 09:14 AM

Nice program, I love it.

Originally Posted by SethDLH (Post 9218818)
Agreed, it can be a useful tool to some people but until something like DVD Spot comes around again, I'll wait. It bugged me that the first title I tried (Candyman) came up only with the special edition (I have the old flipper version autographed by Tony Todd. Hence why I haven't upgraded) and there was no way to find a different version.

Maybe you should have tried using another script. For example, take dvdempire.

DarthVong 01-24-09 10:49 AM

Nice find. I'll give a whirl and see.