DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume IX

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-09, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume IX

Originally Posted by coliseumvideo55
Thanks, that's what I thought. I've seen that video on VHS sell for over $500 in the past, so it must be a rare one. Lots of the sealed videos seem to go for a lot of money on eBay too. Are they that rare to find sealed still?
No offense dude, but based on a little digging I did, it seems like you're coming in here to peddle that one Bash at the Beach on ebay. We're not stupid here and you are not allowed to promote your own auctions.
Old 04-05-09, 03:55 PM

What's the release date for the WrestleMania 25 DVD?
Old 04-05-09, 04:51 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dave88
What's the release date for the WrestleMania 25 DVD?
May 19th.
Old 04-06-09, 05:04 AM
Suspended

So far only the Retail Store (as of know) that will release an Exclusive version of Wrestlemania 25 DVD is Walmart. dunno bout the others but time will come as the event just finished hours ago..

Anyway I'd made this Side by Side Comparison Pics of the Steelbook & Tin DVD's so a lot people here who collects WWE DVD's we'll clear up the confusion/clarification between a Tin & Steelbook DVD. Let's Use the UK Steelbook Exclusive vs. the FYE Tin Exclusive DVD of WWE Summerslam & Survivor Series 2007 DVD. (side by side)

WWE Steelbook DVD vs. WWE Tin Case DVD

- Summerslam 2007

- Survivor Series 2007

Thickness & Depth (WWE Steelbook & Tin Case)

Opened WWE FYE Tin Case DVD
(can hold a Regular & Steelbook case dvd inside)

Opened WWE Steelbook DVD (Made by Scanovo)

Case Comparisons (Regular Exclusives & Metal Cases)

I hope this clear up the confusion regarding what a Steelbook & a Tin Case WWE DVD is for WWE DVD Collectors out here.

Steelbook are DVD Cases made of Pure Metal while Tin Cases are DVD Cases made from Tin that can fit any Regular Standard DVD.

-Throwbackchampion
Old 04-06-09, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn, i got that notice from bestbuy.com that the Wrestlemania 17 dvd still isn't in stock and that i have to call them up to see if i wanna extend on how long they want to keep processing. Should i just give up, knowing its long out of print?
Old 04-06-09, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
damn, i got that notice from bestbuy.com that the Wrestlemania 17 dvd still isn't in stock and that i have to call them up to see if i wanna extend on how long they want to keep processing. Should i just give up, knowing its long out of print?
I gave up on mine last week. I know there never going to get it in stock.
Old 04-06-09, 10:20 AM

I picked up the steelbook Royal Rumble at Walmart in Islandia, NY for $14.96, there was one left once I went on my merry way.

Question for serious TNA DVD Collectors.....Do 2-Disc versions of Against All Odds 2005 & Destination X 2005 exist?
Old 04-06-09, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Aces_High
Question for serious TNA DVD Collectors.....Do 2-Disc versions of Against All Odds 2005 & Destination X 2005 exist?
Yep. The first true single-disc TNA PPV release was Hard Justice 2005. There are two-disc versions of the first five TNA PPV events.
Old 04-06-09, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by tonymontana313
No offense dude, but based on a little digging I did, it seems like you're coming in here to peddle that one Bash at the Beach on ebay. We're not stupid here and you are not allowed to promote your own auctions.

Sorry "dude", but I wish that was mine up on eBay! Was just looking for info, no need to attack me. I'm trying to collect old skool WCW footage. You're apparently less brilliant than you credit yourself for.

SG2386, thank you for the polite clarification.
Old 04-06-09, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

So I picked up Starcade yesterday to feed my need to rewatch some WCW stuff. Its the first WWE set Ive bought in a while. I haven't watched much yet, but I watched Goldberg vs Nash, and Hogan/Piper. Why were the entrances cut off? Is this common on recent releases, or how they are shown on 24/7?
Old 04-06-09, 03:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by stingermck
So I picked up Starcade yesterday to feed my need to rewatch some WCW stuff. Its the first WWE set Ive bought in a while. I haven't watched much yet, but I watched Goldberg vs Nash, and Hogan/Piper. Why were the entrances cut off? Is this common on recent releases, or how they are shown on 24/7?
Just laziness in WWE's part.
Old 04-06-09, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by stingermck
It was done because Michael Buffer was doing the introductions for these matches and wwe isn't allowed to use his voice or likeness.
Old 04-06-09, 09:16 PM

What's the deal with this 8 match version of the TNA Christian DVD I've seen mentioned a couple times here lately? Was it a store exclusive version or something?
Old 04-06-09, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It is a TNAshop.com exclusive (for once finally!) and basically the 8th match is Rhino vs. Christian Cage vs. Kurt Angle from Impact that went 45 minutes.

I have the retail version with 7 matches. I thought the 8th match was an easter egg or something but TNA don't include those with their DVDs like WWE.

It seems that TNA shipped out the 7 match version to stores and online and quietly re-distributed it again on their site featuring 8 extra matches. Pretty stupid business decision, but thats TNA for you.
Old 04-07-09, 10:24 AM

Does the Cross The Line 1 Christian Cage cover actually exist? I've seen the aj cover at Booker t covers. If the Cage version exists where can it be picked up from?
Old 04-07-09, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Does the Cross The Line 1 Christian Cage cover actually exist? I've seen the aj cover at Booker t covers. If the Cage version exists where can it be picked up from?
I've got the Christian cover. Received it from ROHwrestling.com shortly before the official street date.
Old 04-07-09, 01:05 PM

Can someone explain this?

Wrestlemania X8 DVD has the correct theme music for the nWo, but the Backlash 2002 DVD doesn't. Did they lose the rights to music they own? In the span of a month?

Edit: Same deal with Undertaker's music, WTF!

Last edited by ShadyLPete; 04-07-09 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04-07-09, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bought mine from WalMart in Canada.
Old 04-07-09, 02:31 PM

I got mine from Deep Discount.
Old 04-07-09, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Two questions:

1. Has anyone had trouble finding the TNA Cross the Line Vol. 2 set at Best Buy? I've looked for it at five different locations for the past two weeks, and no one's had it.

2. Is there some kind of FYE exclusive packaging, much the like the Booker T exclusive for vol. 1? If there is, I wouldn't mind holding out.
Old 04-07-09, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
Two questions:

1. Has anyone had trouble finding the TNA Cross the Line Vol. 2 set at Best Buy? I've looked for it at five different locations for the past two weeks, and no one's had it.

2. Is there some kind of FYE exclusive packaging, much the like the Booker T exclusive for vol. 1? If there is, I wouldn't mind holding out.
1) I didn't have trouble finding it on release date, not sure about Best buy, but check out Walmart, they might have it.

2) From what it looks like the standard cover is the one with Sting holding the title and the Main Event Mafia below him. If there were others, maybe it would have been posted.
Old 04-07-09, 04:42 PM

I'm looking to buy Judgment Day 2002, cheapest Amazon has it for is around $90. I have a region-free DVD player, so I wouldn't mind going for the region 2 edition of it. Quick question...are there any differences between the two? Different bonus features or whatever. Does it have that filter that all UK events do? Where the image looks softer? Thanks
Old 04-07-09, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

How many PPV's did TNA have in 2005? My brother just got both 2006 and 2007 full sets of their PPV's and I just ordered 8 of them from '05.....wasn't sure if they had one every month or not that year....thanks!
Old 04-07-09, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ShadyLPete
I'm looking to buy Judgment Day 2002, cheapest Amazon has it for is around $90. I have a region-free DVD player, so I wouldn't mind going for the region 2 edition of it. Quick question...are there any differences between the two? Different bonus features or whatever. Does it have that filter that all UK events do? Where the image looks softer? Thanks
Is the "filter" you are talking about really just the result of the PAL to NTSC conversion? I noticed an odd "effect" on the couple Tagged Classics discs I bought, where it almost seems to move just a tiny bit slower and kind of looks like you're watching something shot on film as opposed to video.
Old 04-07-09, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Quack
How many PPV's did TNA have in 2005? My brother just got both 2006 and 2007 full sets of their PPV's and I just ordered 8 of them from '05.....wasn't sure if they had one every month or not that year....thanks!
they had 12 ppvs in 2005.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.