Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume IX

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-09, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume IX

for anyone interested, ROHWrestling has the 4 disc Jeff Jarrett DVD in-stock ready to ship. I'm kind of interested in how they packaged this set. This looks like TNA's best release in terms of content.
Old 03-26-09, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sg2386
for anyone interested, ROHWrestling has the 4 disc Jeff Jarrett DVD in-stock ready to ship. I'm kind of interested in how they packaged this set. This looks like TNA's best release in terms of content.
not to crap on it or anything, but what indeed could be on a JJ 4 disc set
Old 03-27-09, 05:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

I'm going to pick it up whenever they run their next decent sale.
Old 03-27-09, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
not to crap on it or anything, but what indeed could be on a JJ 4 disc set
It's actually a pretty good selection, I'm sure they still have it listed on tnawrestling.com.
Old 03-27-09, 10:25 AM

I'm curious where we are in the transition to BR as compared to the VHS=>DVD transition. This will be the 2nd Wrestlemania on BR and we have yet to hear about future BR releases. Are we in for another year of just WM or should we start to see the big 4 on BR starting with SS?
Old 03-27-09, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think this year will be WM only on Blu-ray.

The UK however gets Royal Rumble 09 on Blu-ray, but too bad its region locked. I think next year we will see the big 4 on Blu-ray.
Old 03-27-09, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
Did anyone manage to pick up the TNA Cross the Line set. Vol. 2 (or care to)?

I went to five Best Buys, and none of them had it. It's very possible that they may get it in on Friday or next week, since it's not exactly a major release.
Picked mine up at a Coconuts for $13.49 with my backstage pass. Awesome deal for 3 dvds! Also found the SummerSlam anthology used which I got for $85 with a 40% off coupon!

Now if I could just get my hands on No Surrender/Sacrifice/Slammiversary from 2005 on DVD I would be a-okay...
Old 03-27-09, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by DiedLaughing
Picked mine up at a Coconuts for $13.49 with my backstage pass. Awesome deal for 3 dvds! Also found the SummerSlam anthology used which I got for $85 with a 40% off coupon!

Now if I could just get my hands on No Surrender/Sacrifice/Slammiversary from 2005 on DVD I would be a-okay...
GREAT DEALS.
Where was the 40% off coupon from?
Old 03-27-09, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Dave88
Just got :
Undertaker : This Is My Yard
WWF Best of RAW Vol 1 & 2

On eBay
CONGRATS.
How much were they?
Old 03-27-09, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

noticed the roh site has both the "wrestling with shadows" doc and the Hacksaw Jim Duggan dvd mentioned on another page, on their site, and a 15% off sale
Old 03-27-09, 06:11 PM
Cool New Member

The Rock DVD (The Most Electrifying Man) one is reported to be £3 in some HMV stores
Old 03-27-09, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by doctaheath78
GREAT DEALS.
Where was the 40% off coupon from?
In store promotion, its been running the last almost 2 months, with the coupon expiring around the end of the month. The local FYE is also running it... you might just want to ask your local store.
Old 03-28-09, 09:15 AM
Cool New Member

Seems the Rock DVD sold out quite quickly in HMVs across the country.
Old 03-28-09, 03:54 PM

I seem to remember some mention of a Steelbook for the Royal Rumble 2009 DVD being available in Canada. Did they decide to release it it America too? When I was at Wal-Mart last night, they had 3 copies of the DVD, and much to my surprise, one was a Steelbook. The artwork is pretty much the same except that Batista is in the front where Undertaker was on the regular cover, Undertaker is moved to the back where Mysterio was on the regular cover, and Mysterio is scooted over to the left of the back behind MVP. As a Steelbook junkie, I did pick it up, and it was the same price as the regular edition. Did I just stumble on something that was there by mistake, or has the Steelbook been released to stores in the US?
Old 03-28-09, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Liontamer
I seem to remember some mention of a Steelbook for the Royal Rumble 2009 DVD being available in Canada. Did they decide to release it it America too? When I was at Wal-Mart last night, they had 3 copies of the DVD, and much to my surprise, one was a Steelbook. The artwork is pretty much the same except that Batista is in the front where Undertaker was on the regular cover, Undertaker is moved to the back where Mysterio was on the regular cover, and Mysterio is scooted over to the left of the back behind MVP. As a Steelbook junkie, I did pick it up, and it was the same price as the regular edition. Did I just stumble on something that was there by mistake, or has the Steelbook been released to stores in the US?
Right now it seems that RR 2009 Steelbook is Canadian exclusive, so it might have been a mistake with Walmart receiving Canadian versions. Sometimes Canadian Walmarts get US versions of WWE/WWF DVDs but mostly were the WWF DVDs that were in the bargin bins couple years back.

Pretty cool that you found one, on "greed-bay" theres 2 for sale from Canada ranging from $60-$70 which is a huge rip-off. You can order it from Amazon.ca (it doesn't tell you its the Steelbook but its the KOCH version) and with shipping and the exchange rate its still much cheaper for you guys.

Last edited by sg2386; 03-28-09 at 04:44 PM.
Old 03-28-09, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

thank you thanK you for the tip!!!!

I just drove to 3 Walmarts near my place - lo and behold... One Walmart carries only 1 out of 7 Rumbles the other stores didnt carry the steelbook!

Last edited by xage; 03-28-09 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-28-09, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

interesting, so its exclusive to all Canadian retails and Walmart in the US.
Old 03-28-09, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by xage
thank you thanK you for the tip!!!!
I just drove to 3 Walmarts near my place - lo and behold... One Walmart carries only 1 out of 7 Rumbles the other stores didnt carry the steelbook
No problem, man. I'm glad someone else was able to find one too.
Old 03-28-09, 09:57 PM
Suspended

New Haul:

Royal Rumble 2009 Exclusive Steelbook Packaging

HMV Canada Exclusive - Walmart US Exclusive

UPC Numbers:
CA Steelbook: 741952928638
US Steelbook: 651191947485
Old 03-29-09, 03:12 AM

I've heard that the Jimmy Snuka dvd is suppose to be out on April 14, but I haven't seen anything about it yet. Does anyone know if it's going to be a store exclusive? Someone told me that they saw an ad for it in the new WWE magazine?
Old 03-29-09, 03:51 AM

Right now it seems that RR 2009 Steelbook is Canadian exclusive, so it might have been a mistake with Walmart receiving Canadian versions. Sometimes Canadian Walmarts get US versions of WWE/WWF DVDs but mostly were the WWF DVDs that were in the bargin bins couple years back.
Thanks for the heads up...I just returned from my lunch hour and had decided to swing by a walmart and I too found a copy of the steel book version. Only found one copy. Mine did not have any 'exclusive walmart' sticker though. I did open it and there is no indiciation on the disc or the case anywhere that it was a Koch dvd. The outer paper attached to the steel book has a UPC sticker on it, I removed it and the original UPC code is 651191947881. Due to the UPC differences it does not appear to be a mix-up where some US stores received Canadian versions. And if I'm not mistaken, the replacement UPC sticker # matches the regular release as I checked them while at walmart.
Old 03-29-09, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i guess the FYE tins didn't sell to well so WWE decided to drop it and offer steelbooks instead. I think the steelbook looks better than the tin and i hope they continue to offer the steels; i'm sure WM25 will be in a tin like 23 and 24, so i hope Summerslam and Survivor Series will be in steelbooks in North America.
Old 03-29-09, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by l8nerduke32
Thanks for the heads up...
No problem. I'm glad to help out here for a change instead of just checking for deals on this board. It always feels good to contribute a little after I've gotten so many deals thanks to the posters here. I'm glad others were able to find it too.
Mine did not have any 'exclusive walmart' sticker though.
Mine didn't have the sticker about exclusive packaging either.
The outer paper attached to the steel book has a UPC sticker on it, I removed it and the original UPC code is 651191947881. Due to the UPC differences it does not appear to be a mix-up where some US stores received Canadian versions. And if I'm not mistaken, the replacement UPC sticker # matches the regular release as I checked them while at walmart.
I haven't opened mine yet, but I did notice that the back paper had a UPC sticker stuck to it to have the same UPC as the regular version. I assumed there was a different UPC actually printed on the paper, but I had no idea what it was since I haven't opened mine yet.
Old 03-29-09, 05:57 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i guess the FYE tins didn't sell to well so WWE decided to drop it and offer steelbooks instead. I think the steelbook looks better than the tin and i hope they continue to offer the steels; i'm sure WM25 will be in a tin like 23 and 24, so i hope Summerslam and Survivor Series will be in steelbooks in North America.
I think it has to do more with FYE having financial troubles, not lack of sales.
Old 03-29-09, 06:54 PM

I picked one up at my Walmart for $14.96. They had about 8 copies, all steelbooks. It didn't have a sticker on it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.