DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume IX (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/548283-official-wrestling-dvd-discussion-thread-volume-ix.html)

chuckliddell 02-11-09 10:28 PM

Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume IX

so is that list a few pages back that had all the upcoming 2009 dvds accurate, i cant remember if it had the macho man dvd on jun 9

SexualPudding 02-11-09 11:07 PM

It didn't, if you're referring to the same list that had things like the nWo and Greatest Hispanic Wrestlers on it.

poisonrulz 02-12-09 07:07 AM

Since it doesn't look like the US will be getting the Royal Rumble 2009 on Blu-Ray, does anyone know if Silvervision's BD release will be region locked?
Anyone who got their WM24 Blu from the UK can confirm if it's region locked or not?

dx23 02-12-09 10:28 AM

There is no list like last year. Amazon.com is only showing the following:

Royal Rumble 2009 - Feb 24th
Summerslam Complete Anthology Vol 1 - March 10th
Summerslam Complete Anthology Vol 2 - March 10th
No Way Out 2009 - March 17th
WWE: Greatest Wrestling Stars of the '90s - April 14th
Wrestlemania 25th BD and DVD - May 19th
Backlash 2009 - May 26th

The Macho Man release is still unconfirmed. Hopefully, they'll releasee the much awaited Jericho anthology as well as some themed DVDs (WCW, more of the Legends series, other acquired footage)

By the way, I'm really pissed that they aren't releasing the Royal Rumble on BD but I think it has to do more with the way Genius is conducting their business.

chuckliddell 02-12-09 11:04 AM

well we all know the jericho dvd is coming, so im not worried about that

thats why people want macho man and wcw dvds released, cause they could of done them years ago and still havent

i think they should release a 3 or 4 disk set intitled "best of wcw", with the story and full of the best matches from nitro/ppv/etc, then if it sells good which is will make a volume 2, then volume 3 and so on

there's that huge library they have of wcw, why not use it instead of putting the same match over and over, perfect-hart from, summerslam 91 has been on like 4 dvds already lol

and the starrcade dvd is selling just as good if not better than most, still number 1 after 2 weeks and will be next week to probably, and thats just for starrcade, for a " best of" it would sell better

sg2386 02-12-09 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by dx23 (Post 9261909)

The Macho Man release is still unconfirmed. Hopefully, they'll releasee the much awaited Jericho anthology as well as some themed DVDs (WCW, more of the Legends series, other acquired footage)

Someone posted an article from Wrestling Observer saying:

As reported last week, World Wrestling Entertainment has plans to release a three-disc DVD set on "Macho Man" Randy Savage on Tuesday, June 9, 2009 entitled Macho Madness: The Ultimate Randy Savage Collection. As expected, several fans are skeptical of WWE releasing a DVD on Savage considering Vince McMahon pulled the plug on the project once before, but the company is legitimately going through with the release. Internally, the feeling is with the state of the economy that this isn't the time to kill projects they believe will make significant money, especially for petty reasons such as McMahon's personal feelings towards Savage. In other sign indicating the company's change of heart towards Savage, he is featured on the cover of the Best of Saturday Night’s Main Event DVD released this week

So i think WWE will definitely go through with the release, and also KOCH has listed it couple of weeks back and generally they're never wrong concerning future releases.

I'm also disappointed Royal Rumble won't be on Blu-ray. Does anyone from UK know if WM24 Blu is region locked? if not then i will probably import RR from UK if it will worth on region A players.

Wildcard 02-12-09 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by dx23 (Post 9253497)
Wal-mart has the Hulk Hogan Anthology, the Bret Hart collection and the histoy of the Undertaker DVD for $14.99 each.

I'm surprised to see those and "The Greatest Wrestling Stars Of The 80's" on sale at Wallyworld.

dx23 02-12-09 01:05 PM

I don't where I read this, but I remember that Bret Hart mentioned something about having a second DVD with more of his matches. The DVD would be similar to Ric Flair's second release.

Wildcard 02-12-09 01:27 PM

Wasn't it supposed to be a re-release of his 3-disc with an additional 4th disc or something like that?

I sure hope it's a new set, though.

doctaheath78 02-12-09 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by xage (Post 9261068)
if you cannot wait... Buy the upcoming disney dvd/bluray of bolt

http://www.thefukerton.com/wp-conten...ba_reveal2.jpg

I think he needs to snap into some Just for Men........forget the Slim Jims..............Oooooooooooohhhh Yeeeeeaaaaah! Dig it!

ThomaMon 02-12-09 04:22 PM

I am pissed about no RR BD too. I really want them to start releasing everything on BD.

ThomaMon 02-12-09 06:42 PM

If this doesn't seal the deal, nothing will. From JR's Blog:

"Macho Madness: The Randy Savage Ultimate Collection" will be released by the WWE on June 9 and as of today the match selection process was still on going. Obviously, some of Savage's bouts are no brainers to include on this upcoming DVD including Savage vs. Steamboat from WM3 but there is so much excellent content to pick from that making a final decision on this particular DVD won't be easy. Of course this will create the obligatory and predictable concerns as to why certain matches were not included. It's obviously a conspiracy of the Oliver Stone magnitude. BTW Macho Man would be a great candidate for the WWE Hall of Fame some day and I wonder why no one has ever suggested such in the past? I think Matt Striker may be penciled in to host the Savage DVD....dig it?!

DerangedHermit 02-12-09 06:46 PM

Matt Striker will host it? That is awesome. He's probably the best announcer in the WWE right now.

chuckliddell 02-12-09 08:09 PM

listen, i love the starrcade, SNME, stars of the 90s dvd, great dvd, but the macho man is going to be awesome, im going to RUN to get that one, the last time i was this excited for a dvd was the rise and fall of ecw

what matches do you guy think should be on it, i think these are no brainers
-steamboat mania 3, has been on other dvds, but who cares, not every macho fan has those others, plus this is the match that was ahead of its time and macho in the 80s really pushed WRESTLING

-BOTH matches vs warrior, wrestlemania and summerslam 92

-atleast 6-7 matches from wcw, his fued with ddp, maybe some hogan matches

-of course clips of his best interviews

dx23 02-12-09 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Wildcard (Post 9262364)
Wasn't it supposed to be a re-release of his 3-disc with an additional 4th disc or something like that?

I sure hope it's a new set, though.

I don't know exactly but I think that it was more like a new set with matches not featured in the first set. I think I heard something about that when The New Hart Foundation was supposed to debut.

doctaheath78 02-12-09 08:16 PM

The big question is WILL THERE BE A STORE EXCLUSIVE FOR MACHO?

After all there was 1 for Bret, Warrior, Hogan and Piper........WHY NOT SAVAGE. :)

DerangedHermit 02-12-09 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by doctaheath78 (Post 9263291)

After all there was 1 for Bret, Warrior, Hogan and Piper........WHY NOT SAVAGE. :)

You get a box full of Slim Jims if you buy it at 7-11. :p

sliccric2006 02-13-09 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by doctaheath78 (Post 9263291)

What exclusive did the Bret Hart dvd have besides a beanie at FYE?

Beater70 02-13-09 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by BrIaNMeRcY (Post 9256862)
Quick SNME DVD Note:

Jesse Ventura commentary is intact on the Saturday Night's Main Event DVD.

Picked it up about two hours ago.

Including during the Bob Orton vs Mr.t boxing match "This is called an old fashion whipping"

I am shocked they didn't edit that out

JeffTheAlpaca 02-13-09 07:43 AM

does the saturday night main event dvd set include the original theme music like the beginning of Obsession from Animotion and the other theme that replaced it?

I remember they would do short interviews with the wrestlers and then play the intro.

dx23 02-13-09 07:52 AM

For those interested in getting the Summerslam Anthology, WWE has them for $109.99 + 13% off (code FRIDAY13) and free shipping = $95.68

SkipKassidy 02-13-09 08:54 AM

To go along with that SummerSlam Anthology deal, the site also has it where you can get a package deal of all 2008 PPV events for $100. With the 13% off it makes $87 (or $6.21 per event - 14 events in all).

http://www.wweshop.com/Product_detai...uctId=50-04587

2006's PPV DVD Package is also $100. (It comes out to $5.43 per event - 16 events in all - when the 13% off coupon is applied.)

http://www.wweshop.com/Product_detai...uctId=50-02766

fyebonusdisc 02-13-09 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by DerangedHermit (Post 9263130)
Matt Striker will host it? That is awesome. He's probably the best announcer in the WWE right now.

Sounds kinda crappy in my book... Since when do we have a "host" for a WWE dvd set on a living performer? Sounds to me like they are forgoing a documentary and just including matches. Believe me, I more than any one am glad to see a Savage dvd finally come to fruition, but with so many of his best moments/matches recently being released on the anthology sets and the SNME dvd, I was hoping for more than merely repeated matches.... Savage was always involved in well-built feuds and his promos were beyond description in both intensity and humor (both intentional and unintentional). Did they even try and contact him to be included in the dvd? My guess is no. Very strange. Still, I look forward to seeing the content list for this project.

poisonrulz 02-13-09 10:43 AM

I contacted Silvervision and unfortunately they confirmed that their Royal Rumble Blu-Ray will be locked for Region B only!
Damn!!!
I really hope they figure this whole thing out here in the US, cause it really sucks that we won't be getting this Blu-Ray while Europe will.
Anyway, even though i'm a serious WWE DVD collector, i won't be buying this on SD hoping for a BD release in the near future here in the US.

babyheel 02-13-09 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Prowler (Post 9260319)
February 24:
WWE: Royal Rumble 2008
WWE: Summerslam Anthology Vol. 1
WWE: Summerslam Anthology Vol. 2

March 17:
WWE: No Way Out 2009

April 14:
WWE: Greatest Stars Of The 90’s, The

There is a "Greatest Tag Teams" set comming out in the fall too.