DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Hellraiser III Unrated? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/547931-hellraiser-iii-unrated.html)

JJE-187 01-15-09 01:22 PM

Hellraiser III Unrated?

I have a quick question, I know the US Paramount DVD is the R-Rated cut with deleted scenes as ezxtras but I heard the Canadian LGF DVD is the UR cut. Is that true?

Torchur317 01-15-09 01:28 PM

Re: Hellraiser III Unrated?

No,I own the Canadian LG release....
It's the same version as the Paramount Pictures Rated-R cut....
Which I believe had a little more than the original DVD added but it's not the full Uncut one.

LosingMyMind 01-15-09 01:30 PM

DVDaf says III is uncut in the lament configuration box set. Is that correct?

Torchur317 01-15-09 01:33 PM

Yeah it's available uncut in the U.K. in that set & in a single release I believe....

Giles 01-15-09 01:34 PM

the lament configuration box also have commentary tracks exclusive to II and III, oh and DTS sound as well.

LosingMyMind 01-15-09 01:49 PM

I really need to buy that box while it's available and affordable. I might get it next week.

Also, I've been looking into the 3 disc release of bloodline and have heard nothing but bad things about it. Does anyone have that release?

SethDLH 01-15-09 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by LosingMyMind (Post 9200697)
I really need to buy that box while it's available and affordable. I might get it next week.

Also, I've been looking into the 3 disc release of bloodline and have heard nothing but bad things about it. Does anyone have that release?

There is a 3 disc release for just Bloodline? While I thought the movie was a decent entry into the Hellraiser series (far better then a few of the later releases) it really does not need a multi-disc release

LosingMyMind 01-15-09 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by SethDLH (Post 9200843)
There is a 3 disc release for just Bloodline? While I thought the movie was a decent entry into the Hellraiser series (far better then a few of the later releases) it really does not need a multi-disc release

I know, right? It's a german set and includes a workprint of the film as well as other extras. If you go on ebay.de and search for monsterbox, theres one for sale right now for 100 euros.

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 01-15-09 03:52 PM

The US one sure didn't take long to go OOP. The cheapest used copy at amazon is around $20.

Julie Walker 01-15-09 04:11 PM

The Paramount dvd is not the R rated version despite claiming so on the packaging! The dvd contains the unrated gore footage and the unrated sex scene, all of which are more explicit than in the R rated version. The dvd runs 93 minutes, while the R rated version runs 91 minutes. The old unrated VHS and laserdisc release ran 97 minutes and contained some added character moments/exposition, which is not included on the Paramount dvd. There are two music cue/audio differences in the Paramount dvd as well compared to the R & Unrated versions. Since they used the print LG used in Canada, which already contained the alterations.

Also,unless my laptop was confused. It says the audio bit rate on the dvd is only 96 kbps! Usually 2.0 mixes(mono and stereo) are encoded at 192 kbps at best.

SethDLH 01-15-09 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by LosingMyMind (Post 9201123)
I know, right? It's a german set and includes a workprint of the film as well as other extras. If you go on ebay.de and search for monsterbox, theres one for sale right now for 100 euros.

wow.... -ohbfrank-

That's a lot of $$$ for a mediocre movie hahaha

Torchur317 01-15-09 04:23 PM

I'm curious about that workprint since the director hated the final cut so much.....

Josh-da-man 01-15-09 04:34 PM

There was a lot that got cut out of "Bloodlines."

I've seen photographs of a group of eighteenth century Cenobites, where they're wearing frilly shirts and powdered wigs.

Giles 01-16-09 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 9201250)

I've seen photographs of a group of eighteenth century Cenobites, where they're wearing frilly shirts and powdered wigs.

you have to point out though that Kevin Yagher directed this, but something happened and he had his name removed and 'Alan Smithee' was added. I would assume the studio stepped in and did some hacking at the film themselves.

LosingMyMind 01-16-09 02:44 PM

My OCD kicked in and I'll be ordering that Bloodline monsterbox.

islandclaws 01-17-09 10:09 AM

^ Come back with pics!

SPRBD 01-17-09 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Julie Walker (Post 9201190)
The Paramount dvd is not the R rated version despite claiming so on the packaging! The dvd contains the unrated gore footage and the unrated sex scene, all of which are more explicit than in the R rated version. The dvd runs 93 minutes, while the R rated version runs 91 minutes. The old unrated VHS and laserdisc release ran 97 minutes and contained some added character moments/exposition, which is not included on the Paramount dvd. There are two music cue/audio differences in the Paramount dvd as well compared to the R & Unrated versions. Since they used the print LG used in Canada, which already contained the alterations.

Also,unless my laptop was confused. It says the audio bit rate on the dvd is only 96 kbps! Usually 2.0 mixes(mono and stereo) are encoded at 192 kbps at best.

I wonder if Paramount quietly took it out of print when they realized that they issued the wrong version. I didn't realize that this was a R+ release and have yet to open my copy.

SethDLH 01-17-09 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by SPRBD (Post 9204950)
I wonder if Paramount quietly took it out of print when they realized that they issued the wrong version. I didn't realize that this was a R+ release and have yet to open my copy.

From what I've heard around the internet that is basically what happened

Torchur317 01-17-09 01:25 PM

Regardless,Paramount version is still not fully uncut....
It's the same print as the LG version from Canada....

LosingMyMind 01-22-09 11:58 PM

My Hellraiser IV monsterbox shipped. Hopefully I'll get it in a few days.

A couple of things I didn't realize 1) there are three covers 2) each cover/box is limited to 222, so there are only 666 monsterboxes in total. Talk about limited.

Seantn 01-23-09 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 9201250)

Here is some cut stuff from a workprint:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mx96eZaq5Cc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mx96eZaq5Cc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XHUJ4PJ1NYk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XHUJ4PJ1NYk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WMDRF-P_Rjw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WMDRF-P_Rjw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 01-23-09 10:24 AM

I've had this workprint for at least a year and haven't watched it. Didn't realize I was missing a lot.

LosingMyMind 01-23-09 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers (Post 9218263)
I've had this workprint for at least a year and haven't watched it. Didn't realize I was missing a lot.

Do yo have the officially released German version of a bootleg?

ianforcer 03-08-10 09:12 PM

I'd love to see a Hellraiser 1-8 UK boxset.

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 03-09-10 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by LosingMyMind (Post 9218907)
Do yo have the officially released German version of a bootleg?

Apparently. I've watched it a few months ago and it wasn't bad.

Late answer but I missed it until the spammer bumped the thread and had his post removed.